AB continues the craziness

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
beerbrother
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: AB continues the craziness

Post by beerbrother » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:13 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:40 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am
PennyBacker wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 am
Kabong - The societal elite first century Jew was out for the betterment of their own kind. Based upon their status in society today, they were highly successful. Not unlike Brady, Jews can always be found at the top of the stack in anything and everything. There is no such thing as an average Jew, they are all exceptional. This is a football forum though, not a space to teach world history.

Good for you, blu. I was top goal scorer in the league a handful of times while playing youth soccer. Probably could have punched my ticket, but high school football was way cooler, so I chose the tackle football route.
Even if your gibberish were unconditionally and categorically true, the choice of analogy is absurd. A normal person would say Brady always ends up on top bc he is exceptional. Only a troll or moron decides gratuitously to analogize Brady with an entire ethnic group…thanks for putting an unrealistic sex scene in the movie that was totally unnecessary given the plot and poorly acted to boot. Changing the channel now. :roll:
Jeopardy Answer:
Pennybacker & Lynch
Jeopardy Question?
Who got banned from Steeler Fury?


"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." Mike Tomlin

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:14 pm

Who was rooting for the Seventh Kavalry on Watchmen for 200?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19928
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:41 pm

Who is ban?

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19928
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm

Pennybacker got a week vacation.
Lynch got an indefinite ban, kinda like Martavius.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:12 am

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm
Pennybacker got a week vacation.
Lynch got an indefinite ban, kinda like Martavius.
And there was much rejoicing.

955876
Posts: 803
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:26 am

Finally.

Was starting to think Lynch was a mod alias as much leeway as he got...

Baltostiller
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Baltostiller » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:31 pm

AB continues the craziness. The police pulled him over because he was AB, not because he was going 100mph. Still a clown.

https://www.radio.com/937thefan/listen? ... 3013769511

StillerInCT
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by StillerInCT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm

AB: "I miss the 'burgh man. Hopefully, I can come back and get it going"

For all the shit that he stirred, if he legitimately took steps toward fixing his life I'd love to have him back. Obviously the contract would have to be beneficial to the organization, but if somehow our organization stepped up and helped him rehabilitate it would only stand to expand our already good image.

Let's be honest, not one person on this board didn't love watching Ben and AB play together. I'd love to see the redemption arc and see them finish what they started.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I love a good redemption story.

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:12 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm
Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I love a good redemption story.
While that might sound all well and good, I'm not sure how the locker room would feel about that. I doubt his teammates want him back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm

AB didn’t burn bridges....he nuked them.

Orangesteel
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:45 pm

One of the greatest I’ve ever seen. Same as above; if he legit took steps to turn it around I’d sign him to a one year deal and see if he and Ben can ball out.

Ben’s career is coming to an end. We need talent and we need to make a damn run.

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Jobu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm
AB didn’t burn bridges....he nuked them.
Ummm, yeah. Guy can't even apologize or try to mend fences without taking digs at Ben and JuJu. There's no way he's coming back to PIT, other than for camp to make Hard Knocks interesting :D

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 2002060101
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

StillerInCT
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by StillerInCT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:19 pm
Jobu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm
AB didn’t burn bridges....he nuked them.
Ummm, yeah. Guy can't even apologize or try to mend fences without taking digs at Ben and JuJu. There's no way he's coming back to PIT, other than for camp to make Hard Knocks interesting :D

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 2002060101
I have a gut feeling we'll give him another chance. It's Ben he needs to hash things out with. But again, I'm all about redemption stories.

If those two can come face to face and have a level headed conversation, then I think there's a glimmer of hope things can be salvaged.

The reality is people hit rock bottom. People go through shit. I'd like to give AB the benefit of the doubt that he's seen the abyss and is trying to pull himself out of it.

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm
...level headed conversation...
Does that still make sense when you read it outloud?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
jewelsongs
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by jewelsongs » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Brown is not going to come back to the Steelers. Taking him back would be the biggest mistake we could make. He is damaged beyond repair.

User avatar
CORE-TEN
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by CORE-TEN » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:30 pm

Jobu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm
AB didn’t burn bridges....he nuked them.
Yeah. He's not going to be a steeler again. Regardless of what he says. He'd have to suck tomlins dick on instagram for that to happen.

User avatar
CORE-TEN
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by CORE-TEN » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:30 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm
...level headed conversation...
Does that still make sense when you read it outloud?
:lol: :lol:

Donnie Brasco
Posts: 5466
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Donnie Brasco » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:24 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:19 pm
Jobu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:18 pm
AB didn’t burn bridges....he nuked them.
Ummm, yeah. Guy can't even apologize or try to mend fences without taking digs at Ben and JuJu. There's no way he's coming back to PIT, other than for camp to make Hard Knocks interesting :D

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 2002060101
I have a gut feeling we'll give him another chance. It's Ben he needs to hash things out with. But again, I'm all about redemption stories.

If those two can come face to face and have a level headed conversation, then I think there's a glimmer of hope things can be salvaged.

The reality is people hit rock bottom. People go through shit. I'd like to give AB the benefit of the doubt that he's seen the abyss and is trying to pull himself out of it.
The only thing REMOTELY close to what happened with AB is Plex and maybe Mike Vick

Plex shot himself in the leg and had some minor beef with the Steelers, but it was typical stuff. He was welcomed back
Mike Vick's has a story unto himself and after some significant time and healing was back in football. I was surprised the Steelers signed him for sure.

But what AB did there's zero precedent. I bet Tomlin would tell ARII: if you bring him back, I'm out

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:24 pm
But what AB did there's zero precedent. I bet Tomlin would tell ARII: if you bring him back, I'm out
Well, I'll be damned if you didn't just make a strong case to sign AB!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Donnie Brasco
Posts: 5466
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Donnie Brasco » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:24 pm
But what AB did there's zero precedent. I bet Tomlin would tell ARII: if you bring him back, I'm out
Well, I'll be damned if you didn't just make a strong case to sign AB!
I'm not a Tomlin fan by any stretch, but I wouldn't wish trying to manage AB on my enemies. That's why his agent quit. Didn't need that nonsense from a business standpoint.

LakecrestSteeler
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:24 am

StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm
AB: "I miss the 'burgh man. Hopefully, I can come back and get it going"

For all the shit that he stirred, if he legitimately took steps toward fixing his life I'd love to have him back. Obviously the contract would have to be beneficial to the organization, but if somehow our organization stepped up and helped him rehabilitate it would only stand to expand our already good image.

Let's be honest, not one person on this board didn't love watching Ben and AB play together. I'd love to see the redemption arc and see them finish what they started.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I love a good redemption story.
I kind of agree with this post. But there has to be some sort of expert that signs off on AB. I think it might be a unicorn though.

Someone to say we think it was the hit from Burfict that triggered all this or this supplement or lack of prozac or thyroid issue or something.

Then someone in his life that could honestly pronounce him back to his old self, probably another unicorn. At one point he was happy. At some point he became angry most of the time.

And of course he’d have to do some serious apologizing.

In the scheme of things he has not done anything truly appalling. He has done some truly stupid things. He has been reverse Forrest Gump for the last 30 months. If he was a friend in my life and then did what he did I’d forgive and forget, but want an explanation on why he went off the rails.

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:58 am

Zero chance this clown ever plays for the Steelers again...ZERO.

Rod & Wire Mill
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 am

I’m beginning to think he just decided on some level that he didn’t want to play anymore

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19928
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:07 am

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm
...level headed conversation...
Does that still make sense when you read it outloud?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

StillMadAtSlobber
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:33 pm
Location: Houston

Post by StillMadAtSlobber » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:25 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:45 am
RemoAZ wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:41 am
Lynch wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:38 pm
AB should start traveling exclusively by helicopter.
:lol: Seriously though, he needs to just go away. Has anybody ever gone from stupid, crazy shit to apologizing and promising to get his life back together as much as this guy? What a fucking roller coaster he is. These stories aren't even interesting anymore.
Yet the assembled asshats of this esteemed website seemingly cant get enough of Antonio Brown stories.
Did Ben make you post that?

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:02 am

Biz-ness ain’t boomin’. Still

Brown guilty in apartment damage and Throwing furniture out

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... apartment/
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic