Berry can fuck the Hell off

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
rooneytunes

Berry can fuck the Hell off

Post by rooneytunes » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 am

Piece of shit. You have one job and you suck at it. Go shave your stupid beard. Only the Steelers have a punter being one of the reasons they lose an important game.

Fuck you!!

Post by 955876 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:29 am

It’s been evident for quite some time.

Well, evident to some. Not the two guys paid to be responsible for this.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:31 am

He’s flipped the field for us a few times this season but in a game where our STs was supposed to trump their STs, he fucking blew.

Plus he looks like a shithead douche with that fucking loser beard.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 am

They like him for an above-average number of non-returns. For that they'll sacrifice 5 yards in net.

Fits with the overall risk-averse strategy. Don't hurt me on ST, and don't hurt me on Offense. I'll win with Defense alone....because I'm a total dumbass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 am
They like him for an above-average number of non-returns. For that they'll sacrifice 5 yards in net.

Fits with the overall risk-averse strategy. Don't hurt me on ST, and don't hurt me on Offense. I'll win with Defense alone....because I'm a total dumbass.
Quoted for truth and for absolutely the funniest post I've agreed with yet this season.... Well Done Kodiak.
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:28 pm

One of Danny Smith's boys. And Danny still has a job.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm

1 really bad punt and 1 lousy punt are FAR from the reasons we lost this game. 2 turnovers in the red zone (or close I dont remember) were far more consequential.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:40 pm

He can blast those 90 yard punts in hot sticky august, but come winter, this guy needs to be dropped into the ocean with a cement boot. He flat out is adverse to the cold weather. :twisted:
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

KCSteeler

Post by KCSteeler » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:41 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm
1 really bad punt and 1 lousy punt are FAR from the reasons we lost this game. 2 turnovers in the red zone (or close I dont remember) were far more consequential.
They sure as shit didn't help.
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"....Charles Oakley

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:48 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm
That first 12 yard punt or whatever the cunt had, fucked this team early.

First major mistake of the game for a team starting a third string QB and missing important pieces.

Can't happen and gave Buffalo momentum.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:55 pm

he two shit punts didn't help us that for sure.

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:48 pm

I am not gonna die on a hill defending a punter, that would be an all time first. The first punt the really bad one was I believe 22 yards. For the most part this year he has wowed me with some bombs and flipped the field. Yesterday he was "below the line" His bad punt could have been a 50 yarder and then a 30 yard return (has happened often) same net situation. My point he was not the reason the team lost, and even a good punt there may have made little difference. Buffalo got field position yes but they still had to drive the ball into the end zone and they did.

6 turnovers(?) that was the reason and a shitty punt is far from my top concern is all.

Buffalo was the better team yesterday

Post by 955876 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Just because it wasn’t the main reason we lost doesn’t mean Berry isn’t “below the line” if you will.

He’s always good to kick one off his knee cap at the worst time.

Maybe he thinks he’s playing hacky sack out there.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:12 pm

The 1 or 2 bad punts Berry had were not the reason the Steelers lost. Any adverse effects of those short punts were early enough in the game that could have been overcome. Turning the ball over 4-5 times are the main reason for the loss. Not scoring any points in the red zone twice is the reason why they did not win. Berry's "below the line" performance is ONLY exacerbated by the lack of offense.

Any average offense would have overcome those punts. The Steelers do not have an average offense. They are dead last. So give Berry a break.
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Post by 955876 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:03 pm

That’s some creative logic there. Berry gets a pass because his offense sucks?

Why?

His job is to punt the football. It’s not uncommon for him to “boom” a 22 yarder while trying to kick said football.

Just because a better offense puts more points on the board doesn’t make it ok for him to miss the sweet spot on his foot as often as he seemingly does.

That “better offense” could just easily be in a 38-36 dog fight. We are punting late from our side of the field. They have no time outs with the clock winding down.

Berry uncorks one of his famous 22 yarders. They kick the winning FG.

But hey, we had a better offense.

Berry can and should be upgraded. Period.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:12 pm
The 1 or 2 bad punts Berry had were not the reason the Steelers lost. Any adverse effects of those short punts were early enough in the game that could have been overcome. Turning the ball over 4-5 times are the main reason for the loss. Not scoring any points in the red zone twice is the reason why they did not win. Berry's "below the line" performance is ONLY exacerbated by the lack of offense.

Any average offense would have overcome those punts. The Steelers do not have an average offense. They are dead last. So give Berry a break.
The story of the first half was the short 22 yard punt from inside the 20 and the wildcat call in the red zone. That's a 14 point swing right there.

Berry couldn't have fucked up in a more inopportune moment.

But I find it ironic that the boys in the podcast were praising special teams, and low and behold, they fucked up bad at a horrible time.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

StillMadAtSlobber

Post by StillMadAtSlobber » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 am

This should be branded into Dublin's buttocks.

Then whenever he sits down for the next 3 months he will get a physical reminder of what a dumbass he is.
Mike Tomlin: Bringing mediocrity to the 'Burgh for over a decade.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic