Cowher to the Hall of Fame

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
BethlehemSteel

Re: Cowher to the Hall of Fame

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Still floating around the inter webs

"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin

Drummer Boy

Post by Drummer Boy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 pm
Drummer Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm
That is why I felt I had to point out that Tomlin had literally no opportunity to have a coaching tree -- maybe he did in the way you think of it, but not in the way most people think of it.
LMFAO, there literally is NO EXCUSE Tomlin apologists won't make for the guy. He's been a HC for 12-13 years and we're not talking about not having the opportunity to have as many as others, we're talking that he literally has no coaching tree.

If Tomlin doesn't have enough say over who his coaches are then why does he keep signing extensions? Does he enjoy mediocrity being forced on him? Or maybe winning isn't that important to him and he really has gotten fat and lazy - why else would he stay if Deuce is overly meddlesome?

People don't realize their lame ass excuses for Tomlin, if actually true, often helps the point they're attempting to refute.
1. I didn't claim that Tomlin doesn't have enough say. His coordinators, chosen by him or not, have been excellent.

2. Who needs an excuse? Coaching trees are like rock group-trees, fun to play with but meaningless. If you really do care, or like Scunge you take a deeper view of the matter, I was merely pointing out that Tomlin has had long-term DC's and OC's who were good at their job, wanted to stay, and for the most part already had been and had failed at being head coaches. That not only means no head coaches elsewhere, it means no assistants moving up the ladder in Pittsburgh.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Drummer Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:41 pm
Kodiak wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 pm
Drummer Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm
That is why I felt I had to point out that Tomlin had literally no opportunity to have a coaching tree -- maybe he did in the way you think of it, but not in the way most people think of it.
LMFAO, there literally is NO EXCUSE Tomlin apologists won't make for the guy. He's been a HC for 12-13 years and we're not talking about not having the opportunity to have as many as others, we're talking that he literally has no coaching tree.

If Tomlin doesn't have enough say over who his coaches are then why does he keep signing extensions? Does he enjoy mediocrity being forced on him? Or maybe winning isn't that important to him and he really has gotten fat and lazy - why else would he stay if Deuce is overly meddlesome?

People don't realize their lame ass excuses for Tomlin, if actually true, often helps the point they're attempting to refute.
1. I didn't claim that Tomlin doesn't have enough say. His coordinators, chosen by him or not, have been excellent.

2. Who needs an excuse? Coaching trees are like rock group-trees, fun to play with but meaningless. If you really do care, or like Scunge you take a deeper view of the matter, I was merely pointing out that Tomlin has had long-term DC's and OC's who were good at their job, wanted to stay, and for the most part already had been and had failed at being head coaches. That not only means no head coaches elsewhere, it means no assistants moving up the ladder in Pittsburgh.
Lebeau, Butler, and Arians are all from the Cowher regime, so even if they went on to become HC's, Tomlin wouldn't get credit since they weren't his guys. Fich hasn't been OC long enough. Haley sucked, but we know he wasn't Tomlin's first choice since Tomlin wanted Arians back.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Kelly Kapowski says send Cowher to the Chiefs and they will win today as long as Mario Lopez Maholmes is the quarterback :D
Attachments
Kapowski and Maholmes.jpg
Kapowski and Maholmes.jpg (50.49 KiB) Viewed 82 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic