Championship Sunday

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Orangesteel
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: Championship Sunday

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Steelers would have been pretty bad ass with Tannehill as back up. Goddamn it.



User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:08 pm

A great run for the Tits comes to an end.

tbsteel
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by tbsteel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Imagine going 50 years without a Super Bowl appearance. GD we're spoiled.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:29 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 pm
Imagine going 50 years without a Super Bowl appearance. GD we're spoiled.
We've had 8 in that time.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Go Packers.

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am

Rogers is a dick. I hope they lose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Jizz Mop
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 am

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am
Rogers is a dick. I hope they lose.
Looking good

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:30 am

Jizz Mop wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 am
Kodiak wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am
Rogers is a dick. I hope they lose.
Looking good
Game over. Rogers isn't coming back from 17-0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
CORE-TEN
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by CORE-TEN » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am

Jizz Mop wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 am
Kodiak wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am
Rogers is a dick. I hope they lose.
Looking good
Who. Rogers or his dick?

Orangesteel
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 am

How the fuck do the 49ers run block this good?!?!?!

Holy shit they make our run blocking look so goddamn bad.

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 am

Kyle Jusczyk and the WRs block
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Orangesteel
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 am
Kyle Jusczyk and the WRs block
But the initial running lanes in the trench are wide open; massive. Just wildly impressive. 49ers are for real.

Almost beat them in SF with Mason fucking Rudolph. Haha.

stillcajun
Posts: 3157
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 am

Post by stillcajun » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am

I didn't want the Niners to advance but their D is insanely good.

stillcajun
Posts: 3157
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 am

Post by stillcajun » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 am
How the fuck do the 49ers run block this good?!?!?!

Holy shit they make our run blocking look so goddamn bad.
Their OL is built to run the ball. John Lynch built this team in the mode of the old TB Bucs. Run the ball super effectively, Game mgr at QB (Jimmy G) in the mode of a Brad Johnson/Shaun King and a shutdown D which lays the hammer and creates turnovers.

GB isn't built to stop this running attack they are too light in the front 7 and have no answer for Sanders, Kittle and co. in the passing game.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 am

The Packers cannot stop the run to save their lives.

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:00 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 am
Kyle Jusczyk and the WRs block
But the initial running lanes in the trench are wide open; massive. Just wildly impressive. 49ers are for real.
Creative coaching, game planning, and play calling...on both sides of the ball.
Almost beat them in SF with Mason fucking Rudolph. Haha.
Says every Tomlin defender...everywhere. :lol:

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:00 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 am
Kyle Jusczyk and the WRs block
But the initial running lanes in the trench are wide open; massive. Just wildly impressive. 49ers are for real.

Almost beat them in SF with Mason fucking Rudolph. Haha.
Kyle missed 6 games and their run suffered a bit. He provides that push where the big guys open the holes. Look at those holes and chunks RM is getting. This is his best game ever
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:06 am

Has beens like Jerry Rice on the sidelines acting like they’re part of what’s happening on the field is laughably pathetic.

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:08 am

Jerry rice a has been? HoFs are not has beens
Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:08 am
Jerry rice a has been? HoFs are joy has beens
How significant is he to what’s going on on the field? Zippo....
His days are long past...has been.

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am

You made it sound like he was a scrub

I think he’s working for the org

But we have our old players there all the time
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am
You made it sound like he was a scrub

I think he’s working for the org

But we have our old players there all the time
Has been-“a person or thing considered to be outmoded or no longer of any significance.”

I don’t think Rice works for the 49ers...at least not officially.

Yep...old time Steelers players have appeared at games and certain occasions. Unless I missed it, never seen any of them act like a jackass on the sidelines.

Kodiak
Posts: 15366
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 am
Almost beat them in SF with Mason fucking Rudolph. Haha.
What's that old saying - "close" only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
BethlehemSteel
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: IGZF'S

Post by BethlehemSteel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:38 am

Jobu wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am
You made it sound like he was a scrub

I think he’s working for the org

But we have our old players there all the time
Has been-“a person or thing considered to be outmoded or no longer of any significance.”

I don’t think Rice works for the 49ers...at least not officially.

Yep...old time Steelers players have appeared at games and certain occasions. Unless I missed it, never seen any of them act like a jackass on the sidelines.
It’s ok. You don’t like him. CArry on
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin
Image

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:38 am
Jobu wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 am
You made it sound like he was a scrub

I think he’s working for the org

But we have our old players there all the time
Has been-“a person or thing considered to be outmoded or no longer of any significance.”

I don’t think Rice works for the 49ers...at least not officially.

Yep...old time Steelers players have appeared at games and certain occasions. Unless I missed it, never seen any of them act like a jackass on the sidelines.
It’s ok. You don’t like him. CArry on
Never had any dislike for Rice...but he’s acting like an idiot. Maybe I expected more from him.
But yep...moving on.

User avatar
Pabst
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Pabst » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:53 am

One huge positive of not having a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl: Less of those stupid State Farm commercials

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:10 am

Pabst wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:53 am
One huge positive of not having a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl: Less of those stupid State Farm commercials
I wouldn't bet on it.

jeemie
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by jeemie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 am

So the TE pushes the defender out of the way...and the defender gets flagged?

Steelers4Life
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Steelers4Life » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:28 am

I wish the Steelers incorporated the FB the way the Niners do. Also wish that Nix could stay healthy so we can do so.

Jobu
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 am

Steelers4Life wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:28 am
I wish the Steelers incorporated the FB the way the Niners do. Also wish that Nix could stay healthy so we can do so.
Nix isn’t in the same ballpark as Juszczyk. He should be at the top of the cut list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic