Another Super Bowl, Another Slam of Big Ben

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Jobu

Re: Another Super Bowl, Another Slam of Big Ben

Post by Jobu » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:34 am

Steelersfan wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 am
Wonder if that reporter that took Sanders statement about Ben asked Sanders what his stats were when he didn't have a HOF QB throwing the ball to him. Wonder if he asked what his stats were in SF playoffs games so far with Garappolo at the helm.

Then he should of asked him if he'd rather have a HOF QB with a HOF attitude tossing the ball to him or a QB that cuddles him?
That reporter was Bouchette...nuff said!

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 am
Steelafan77 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 am
955876 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am
Be nice if Ben was talked about during SB week because he was you know, actually in the SB.
:lol:

Ben too busy being a jerk, I guess.

Tomlin too busy being a players coach....

Steelers coordinators busy being overly challenged and out thinking themselves....

...and finally the Steelers ST's coach is busy chewing his biggest wad of bubble gum he can to look more intense on the sidelines.

all sitting at home with 30 other loser teams...

While preparing for a draft with no 1st RND pick and too many holes to fill.... business as usual.

:oops:

Side Note: To sanders... I hope to God the 49'ers lose. :twisted:

One of the most intolerable and asinine fan bases in the league second only to cheat fans....
People do remember that Ben was injured, right?

We do have our first round pick. His name is Minkah Fitzpatrick. I'm not embarrassed about that.
Yes. A well spent first round pick. The actual physical drafting in the first round this draft is what I meant. First time in 50+ years you won't hear the Steelers draft in the first round. The rest was sarca...

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:41 pm

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:52 am
Remember when Manny Sanders dropped a wide-open pass in the end zone against the Ravens with the season on the line? I bet that was Ben's fault too. Go fuck yourself Clank. Just another reason to root against the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
Remember when Clank Sanders fumbled vs the Ravens without anyone closer than 5 yards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UltklB_SuA

Fuckin Ben!

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Jobu wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:34 am
Steelersfan wrote:
Wonder if that reporter that took Sanders statement about Ben asked Sanders what his stats were when he didn't have a HOF QB throwing the ball to him. Wonder if he asked what his stats were in SF playoffs games so far with Garappolo at the helm.

Then he should of asked him if he'd rather have a HOF QB with a HOF attitude tossing the ball to him or a QB that cuddles him?
Reporters might get angry at you using the word "reporter" there, Jobu.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:48 pm
Jobu wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:34 am
Steelersfan wrote:

Reporters might get angry at you using the word "reporter" there, Jobu.
Sorry...I’m an old timer. Almost as old as that “reporter” Bouchette. :lol:

Post by 955876 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Wonder if he asked what his stats were in SF playoffs games so far with Garappolo at the helm.
I’m sure Sanders is quite happy to be in SF with Garappolo at the helm.

But hey, he could have stayed here and put up some empty regular season stats while making early playoff exits or missing the playoffs altogether.

StillMadAtSlobber

Post by StillMadAtSlobber » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 am

Steelafan77 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 am

We do have our first round pick. His name is Minkah Fitzpatrick. I'm not embarrassed about that.
Yes. A well spent first round pick. The actual physical drafting in the first round this draft is what I meant. First time in 50+ years you won't hear the Steelers draft in the first round. The rest was sarca...
OMFG! NO SPRINT TO THE PODIUM!

it's gonna be withdrawal time...

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:32 am

Reminds me so much of the Clemente tragedy. I have to explain it to people under 45, sadly.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Sanders best Steelers moment would have been to not have injured his foot in SB XLV. What might have been in that game if he was available, even despite the turnovers? He was certainly one of the guys that got the team there, and an important weapon for Ben.

Mike Wallace was over matched during the final 2 minutes where Pittsburgh had that one last drive. Sanders would have made a huge, and quite probably the difference for Big Ben and the rest of Steelers there.

actionsteel1

Post by actionsteel1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm
Wherein Sanders discusses how he liked playing for Tomlin, didn't enjoy playing with Ben.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49er ... ger-burnt/
Initially, I thought it was going to be another one of those ex-Steeler cheapshots [bash Ben, praise the org] and was going to reply----.

---I did not read the link and don't care too. Anything that comes out of the mouth of these new breed mutant nfl tweetophiles is nonsense etc. etc.

Yeah, all these tweetnits, They should just go back to their 'slave" compound and stfu. Wait! Maybe take a peek at their bankbooks to ease their minds a bit first. :D

Then I was going to add "Did he not have most of his success in Denver? The Steeler's inept game plans and evenmore stupid in game adjustments[if any] propelled them to championships. Smart! Why not praise your patsy's. Certainly you do not want them to change what you are already owning.

Tomlin goes unnoticed it seems as a key player in the destruction of the team. Not necessarily because of any actions he took but more likely because of his inaction. Hard to believe he could not see all this player discontent [past 10 years] and at least attempt to defuse it. "

But then I decided to read it and saw that it was actually a legit article.

No, I don't think he will ever be resigned here. It's a bit too late. But it was an interesting idea. Similar to the signing of Cotchery a few years back. Aging vet a good influence on young WR's, also making a lot of key 3rd down plays. That worked fine here.

I do wonder though, does Emmanuel forget that in 2010 he was a very young WR and BR was a like 6/7 yr vet with two world championships and looking for more. You know, he may have had some info to depart and his methods just might have been misunderstood.

actionsteel1

Post by actionsteel1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Jobu wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 pm
Raise your hand if you get along with/like everyone you work with.
Yeah...that’s what I thought. Nothing to see here...move along.
Good point!

You know you have to give him credit. He must know his days at Frisco are numbered and is tactfully exploring all options. One thing is for certain. He has been on three different teams and all have been in the super bowl. I don't think many players can make that claim.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic