Vic Beasley

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
jewelsongs

Vic Beasley

Post by jewelsongs » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:15 am

Vic Beasley became available today. Could we sign him for a decent, incentive loaded deal instead of franchising Dupree? Maybe that way we could keep Hargrave.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 am

I don't think Beasley is half the player Dupree is.

I do think they should be working as hard as possible to re-sign Hargrave but I don't think they'll take a chance on a veteran castoff until the cap situation and CBA situation is clear.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:20 pm

I liked Vic coming out of Clemson.
However, due to long stretches of no zero production, he's become the proverbial scapegoat here in my transplant hometown of Atlanta.

When an organization sends out a press release saying they will not being re-signing a top 10 draft pick a full month before the start of free agency that tells you all you need to know about how they feel about the player.

Local radio station played an interview this morning with former Falcon and pass rush instructor Chuck Smith who just bashed Vic Beasley’s football character. Gave him the ultimate player insult, “NO DOG” in his game.

Hard pass on 'ol Vic for me.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

DP39

Post by DP39 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Plus….he doesn't play the run near well enough to play in our scheme. He's a one trick pony who's desire to perform that trick has become more Shetland than Thoroughbred.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:50 am

The "no dog" in an OLB, at least as I've seen it, is most visible in how they play the run.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 am

What happened to the other olb the Falcons drafted a few years ago from UCLA? the crazy guy who brought his dead grand ma's huge picture on stage and was hooting and hollering, he was linked to the Steelers.
I laughed and said out loud " I'm glad we didn't draft that nut-job.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:24 pm

cop1211 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 am
What happened to the other olb the Falcons drafted a few years ago from UCLA? the crazy guy who brought his dead grand ma's huge picture on stage and was hooting and hollering, he was linked to the Steelers.
I laughed and said out loud " I'm glad we didn't draft that nut-job.
Tak McKinley.

He's been pretty meh. Not an outright bust, but nothing special either.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic