Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
COR-TEN

Re: Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm sure I'll get a shit storm of vindictiveness and insults, but it's uncanny how AB and swiss have come off the rails around the same time. Both at some point were respected.

Ah well. /shrug.

And kudos for the use of niggardly. But you guys need to stop hanging out in the teachers lounge. It's a bit of a bubble in there. . . :D

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Honestly, not a teacher's lounge guy. Too many of my colleagues complaining about various minutiae. If I'm not otherwise occupied with prep, I'm usually in the caf with the students. We've got a faculty table. Been known to play a pretty mean game of Smash Bros.

That's a video game, Swiss.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:29 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 pm
Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm
You're making the assumption that it won't, because you live in the past. It's cool, it's your schtick here, I get it.

Here, however, are the facts. Your Fathead doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. Diontae, Juju, Washington, and likely another pick this year actually do. No amount of weird, obsessive, backwards-looking ranting will change that.

Your dumb prediction that our record would be worse without your dinner guest's "production" also didn't come true, even with the one injury that should have made it a 100% certainty happening in week two.

You wasted a LOT of your time on this coil typing post after post after post on it, and here you are again.

Move on. The world will.
Actually....shit-for-brains....our record WAS worse....dropped from 9-6-1 to 8-8. And guess what.....9-6-1 makes the playoffs this year.
You look like someone who smells like old bacon, and we were still a game away from the playoffs, again, with Duck and Bibberty at quarterback, and you're still, in between disinfectant treatments for that science experiment you call facial hair, living in the past, inexplicably pining away for a player who's never, ever coming back.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:58 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 pm
I'm sure I'll get a shit storm of vindictiveness and insults, but it's uncanny how AB and swiss have come off the rails around the same time. Both at some point were respected.

Ah well. /shrug.

And kudos for the use of niggardly. But you guys need to stop hanging out in the teachers lounge. It's a bit of a bubble in there. . . :D
CORE-TEN, recipient of the award for top Braying Fuckin' Jackass of this esteemed website, spewing his typical nonsense again.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:28 am

Heres what i would do....

- Get AB back on the active roster
- Hire round the clock AB buddies
- Help him have a great problem free year
- Trade his ass for a 2nd

lol

never gonna happen......but in hindsight it sure looks like the Steelers did EVERYTHING they could and were literally left with ZERO options

Its a miracle it worked as well as it did for as long as it did.......and getting some draft picks was just phenomenal knowing what we know now....

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:27 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 am

My honest assessment of Antonio Brown:

*Dude is off his fuckin' rocker....there's something seriously wrong with this guy mentally. But...

*I have zero doubt the guy can step on an NFL field tomorrow and be one of the top two or three receivers in the league.
I agree. AB remains a phenomenal talent. I don't doubt that if signed he could step on the field and light up defenses again.
swissvale72 wrote:
Here's what the Steelers do:

*Sign the fuckin' guy

*Take away his cellphone

*Take away his laptop

*Lock his ass inside Heinz Field; don't let him out until the 2020 season is over.
And how do you know AB would abide by that? How do you know he wouldn't go on social media anyway? How do you know he wouldn't throw a tantrum when anyone called him on it or tried to enforce it? How do you know AB wouldn't blow up with a serious tantrum at just the wrong time while we're trying to make a super bowl run?

(Spoiler: You don't.)
swissvale72 wrote:
He'll produce.
I don't doubt that he could, but you've always had a blind spot for how damaging AB can be to a locker room and how that damage can affect a team's performance on the field. It's not just about his receiving skills.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 pm
Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm
You're making the assumption that it won't, because you live in the past. It's cool, it's your schtick here, I get it.

Here, however, are the facts. Your Fathead doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. Diontae, Juju, Washington, and likely another pick this year actually do. No amount of weird, obsessive, backwards-looking ranting will change that.

Your dumb prediction that our record would be worse without your dinner guest's "production" also didn't come true, even with the one injury that should have made it a 100% certainty happening in week two.

You wasted a LOT of your time on this coil typing post after post after post on it, and here you are again.

Move on. The world will.
Actually....shit-for-brains....our record WAS worse....dropped from 9-6-1 to 8-8. And guess what.....9-6-1 makes the playoffs this year.
I'm going to say the loss of BEN was more of a factor than the loss of AB.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 am

Of course he wouldn't abide by that!! :lol: :lol:

It's basically what happened with the Patriots. They sign him, he immediately, first possession, lights shit up, catches passes, finds the end zone. All he needed to do was stay quiet. Couldn't do it.

I know he's fucked in the head....it's fuckin' obvious. Just sayin'....he's able to BE fucked in the head, but would still scorch any defense in the NFL.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Cue our esteemed member from the NH woods :D

Antonio Brown: “I haven’t done anything that bad”
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2020, 5:44 AM EST

Antonio Brown is continuing to make his case that he belongs back in the NFL, and he’s also denying that he ever should have been out.

Brown appeared on the syndicated radio show The Breakfast Club and said he’s getting a bad rap.

“I feel like I’ve just been doing what’s best for me,” Brown said. “Any time someone is doing what’s best for them, that’s outside the normal rules and regulations, it’s going to be scrutiny, but I haven’t done anything that bad. I showed some bad emotions in some bad situations.”

Brown added, however, that he does not need to play for the money.

“I’ve already established the wealth. I’ve made the $100 million, I’ve got the wills and trust funds. I’ve been one of the few guys to do right and take care of myself,” Brown said.

Brown is under investigation by the league for a civil lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault and rape, and even if the NFL were to clear him, it’s questionable whether any team would be willing to sign him. Brown may not think he’s done anything bad, but he’ll have a hard time convincing NFL teams of that.
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

I swear you fuckers can't read...need some remedial courses.

I know that Antonio Brown is off his fuckin' rocker....said so repeatedly.

And you fuckfaces say I'm obsessed, meanwhile, you scour the internet for any Antonio Brown news then post about it all day long, how pissed off you are at him, how he's a piece of shit....blah, blah, blah. My point remains that as fucked in the head as this guy is, I have zero doubt, he could put on a uniform tomorrow and be one of the league's top receivers, if not the best.

And as far as this bullshit where you asshats make this leap that he was worthless cuz the Steelers never won anything with him.....guess the same is true of Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson, Dermonti Dawson....all pieces of shit, right? Dan Marino with the Dolphins. Fuckin' worthless.

Now the latest angle is to compare JuJu and Dionte to AB at same stage of their careers....okay, focus on AB's first couple years where he didn't start, sometimes didn't dress....and ignore his six consecutive seasons of upwards of 100 catches, his final year with 15 TDs.

Lemme tell you who else is fucked in the head. All you morons going to these lengths to minimize this guy's talents, productivity and contributions.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

And you fuckfaces say I'm obsessed, meanwhile, you scour the internet for any Antonio Brown news then post about it all day long, how pissed off you are at him, how he's a piece of shit....blah, blah, blah. My point remains that as fucked in the head as this guy is, I have zero doubt, he could put on a uniform tomorrow and be one of the league's top receivers, if not the best.

And as far as this bullshit where you asshats make this leap that he was worthless cuz the Steelers never won anything with him.....guess the same is true of Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson, Dermonti Dawson....all pieces of shit, right? Dan Marino with the Dolphins. Fuckin' worthless.

Now the latest angle is to compare JuJu and Dionte to AB at same stage of their careers....okay, focus on AB's first couple years where he didn't start, sometimes didn't dress....and ignore his six consecutive seasons of upwards of 100 catches, his final year with 15 TDs.

Lemme tell you who else is fucked in the head. All you morons going to these lengths to minimize this guy's talents, productivity and contributions.
I'd take him back if he were able magically, miraculously to get his shit together. No question!

Imagine having the wifi back up with an AB who was all-in on the TEAM and something equal to or close to last year's defense? Lordy! Tomlin might not even be able to get in the way of that. :D
"Just don't kill us."

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Imagine having the wifi back up with an AB who was all-in on the TEAM...
Just make sure we're using a VPN so we don't get a virus :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 pm

swissvale72 wrote:

there was no scouring, just top of page news and notes. Never minimized his talents and productivity, but those gains came at an awful price. Losing and mediocrity and a messed up locker room.
"There's going to be some joyful lifting for us if you will in terms of some of the tasks we have to do." - Mike Tomlin

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:42 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Imagine having the wifi back up with an AB who was all-in on the TEAM...
Just make sure we're using a VPN so we don't get a virus :D
And TOR so nobody can see where the hell anyone has been.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:18 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 pm
swissvale72 wrote:

there was no scouring, just top of page news and notes. Never minimized his talents and productivity, but those gains came at an awful price. Losing and mediocrity and a messed up locker room.
Losing? 94-49-1 during his tenure with the Steelers.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 am

swissvale72 wrote:

Blah blah blah and all that and guess what he’d still a detriment to this team and not worth any of his stats.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 am

Jobu wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 am
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -nfl-2/amp
Sooooo... :lol:
Screw you, AB.

I like the writer's point about AB accusing the Steelers of having different rules for Ben. AB, the Steelers had a bunch of different rules for YOU. YOU got preferential treatment. He is so clueless and entitled. Always someone else's fault, isn't it, AB?

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:11 am

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 am
swissvale72 wrote:

Blah blah blah and all that and guess what he’d still a detriment to this team and not worth any of his stats.

He was a real detriment to his team on Christmas night, 2016...or in the two playoff games that followed that year.

It's revisionist history with you asshats....pretending that this guy, fucked in the head as he is now, wasn't an incredible fuckin' performer for just about the entirety of his Steeler tenure...AND....again, universally recognized as the hardest worker on the team throughout his career.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:49 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:18 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 pm
swissvale72 wrote:

Losing? 94-49-1 during his tenure with the Steelers.
No rings. That’s all that matters

But we’re......

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:55 am

No rings during years of.....

*Rod Woodson
*Greg Lloyd
*Merrill Hoge
*Louis Lipps
*Dermontti Dawson
*Carnell Lake

And on, and on, and on......

All that matters?

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 am

Those guys didn’t go rogue and fracture the team and have the team cover up insubordination.

You’re marking a bad comparison. Brown may smarten up and fly right. I highly doubt it though. I still don’t want him back.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:22 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 am
Those guys didn’t go rogue and fracture the team and have the team cover up insubordination.

You’re marking a bad comparison. Brown may smarten up and fly right. I highly doubt it though. I still don’t want him back.
YOU are the guy saying..."No rings, all that matters." Lots of Steelers, some of them Hall-of-Famers, in that category.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 am

BethlehemSteel wrote:
[u]Those guys didn’t go rogue and fracture the team and have the team cover up insubordination.[/u]

Or cause the team with all that said talent and to fall short because of the lack of cohesion and camaraderie. I bet through the entire organization that iffs firmed over this clown. Not worth h th headache when he causes the riffs he caused. Fuck that piece of trash. The plays were great, he’s super talented but his bullshit. HIS bullshit kept the team from putting it all together.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 am

Jobu wrote:
Pure comedy and tragedy

But we asshats........

:lol: :P

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:49 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:22 am
BethlehemSteel wrote:

YOU are the guy saying..."No rings, all that matters." Lots of Steelers, some of them Hall-of-Famers, in that category.
Yes and those guys failed to get it done too. You’re taking words and just blowing them out.

Those guys didn’t fuck up the team. They gave it their best and fell short

You continue to fantasize Brown winning a super bowl as a steeler

He doesn’t give us the best chance to win anymore.

Apology is all BS now

Guy needs to be taken off the air waves

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:32 am

Jobu wrote:
Wow, imagine that. Couldn't have possibly predicted...

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:55 am

*Rod Woodson
*Greg Lloyd
*Merrill Hoge
*Louis Lipps
*Dermontti Dawson
*Carnell Lake

All that matters?
Comparing your man crush to this group of players is an excellent illustration of just how far gone you are.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Ice wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 am
swissvale72 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:55 am

*Rod Woodson
*Greg Lloyd
*Merrill Hoge
*Louis Lipps
*Dermontti Dawson
*Carnell Lake

All that matters?
Comparing your man crush to this group of players is an excellent illustration of just how far gone you are.
And along comes the lamebrain Ice, the guy that posts at least three times as much about Antonio Brown as do I...the guy whose "man crush" is an obsession with responding to any news about AB with a flurry of vitriolic posts. It's all of you who can't let it go...who seize upon AB news. I don't think he's back with the Steelers....just pointing out the enigma. As obviously struggling as this guy is, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, I think he remains capable of physically putting on a uniform and continuing to ravage NFL secondaries.

Was it a mentally healthy Antonio Brown who was last seen in a Patriots uniform, catching five passes the last for a touchdown on the drive where he made his first appearance for that team? Patriots fans remain disappointed that AB couldn't contain himself on his twitter and insta, as they still believe that he was the on-field ingredient that was needed for a return to the Super Bowl. You can diss and diminish his Antonio Brown's accomplishments as a Pittsburgh Steeler, so can your fellow know-nothings on this esteemed website. You can continue to disbelieve what your eyes told you during Antonio Brown's tenure as a Pittsburgh Steelers. And as per usual, it doesn't make you right.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Now since you lost this argument ....

You turn to the asshat pats fans bitching and moaning over the AB spilt milk in their fan base.

Yes let’s redirect the argument to the further “proof”.

They were not winning shit with Brown. Brady couldn’t even throw the ball most of the year until he took the painkiller in his elbow. They had many other issues and injuries and would have lost to KC if they played.

If he somehow goes back to NE and so does Shady.....they won’t win diddly poo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic