SF Board Draft: Comments, Brickbats, Rules, etc

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: SF Board Draft: Comments, Brickbats, Rules, etc

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 am

Steelperch wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:40 am
When did we start skipping picks? We’ve always picked for the guy if he went MIA.
He'll be back. And he can pick whoever is available when he checks in. Just like the real draft. These are the rules I chose in the beginning of thsi thing (never imagining we'd have to skip anyone, since we haven't in two years.



Charles Demarr
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Charles Demarr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 am

Lions would like to move back up in the 2nd. 3 and a 5 available.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Steelers also have interest in moving up. 3rd and a 4th or 5th depending on how far.

Also, I'm making an executive decision and selecting a consensus pick for the Jets (internet sources).

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Really like the Ravens draft so far
Two stud linebackers in Queen and Uche
JK Dobbins gives the Rats a deep backfield with Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards and speedster Justice Hill
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Charles, the Lions need you to take over that entire operation

Okudah-major upgrade over Slay
Reagor and now Cam Akers?
Fatt Matt is now officially out of excuses.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Every year he does this, Drama.

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Man, Jeremy Chinn has become a fast riser
Nephew of the Great Steve Atwater
Dig him
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:53 pm
Man, Jeremy Chinn has become a fast riser
Nephew of the Great Steve Atwater
Dig him
I've seen him go early 2nd in these things. The composite board I made has him at 74.

smithessmokin
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:43 am

Post by smithessmokin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:33 pm

I’d be willing to do another small trade down if anyone is interested in coming up to get a player.

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm

The Las Vegas Raiders are looking to trade down from pick #80 but not completely out of rd 3. PM me with offer
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 pm

I like the strategy B2B
Smart move to trade out and accumulate picks
Bartch an athletic OT prospect that Munchak can groom to succeed Villy...oh wait
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:30 am

Steeldrama wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 pm
I like the strategy B2B
Smart move to trade out and accumulate picks
Bartch an athletic OT prospect that Munchak can groom to succeed Villy...oh wait
Yeah, I wish

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:21 am

Sorry guys... I fucked up the post. It is correct now.

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:22 am

Putting my sweet daughter to bed
Will be back in 20-30
I want to return to see an awesome trade offer or 3 in my PM
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Steelperch
Posts: 3575
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 am

Post by Steelperch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 am

Did somebody say trade?

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:54 am

Check your PM Perch
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Steelperch
Posts: 3575
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 am

Post by Steelperch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 am

Thinking. Let me check the board and I’ll let you know.

Charles Demarr
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Charles Demarr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Love the Marlon Davidson pick.

He was definitely on a short list for my next pick. Great job so far, you're killing it Drama.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm

We'll have a Dallas pick by10

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks Charles!


The trade between the Eagles and Raiders:

Eagles received pick #80

Raiders receive picks 103, 127, 145
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Thanks Charles!


The trade between the Eagles and Raiders:

Eagles received pick #80

Raiders receive picks 103, 127, 145
I believe I fixed it correctly in the sheet

Jizz Mop
Posts: 569
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Jizz Mop » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm

If The draft unfolds like it did in the 2nd, and we skip on JK Dobbins and Balt takes him.....I will lose my shit

I’m all in for Dobbins at 49 if still on the board

Changes our offense dramatically instantly

Flat out stud

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm
If The draft unfolds like it did in the 2nd, and we skip on JK Dobbins and Balt takes him.....I will lose my shit

I’m all in for Dobbins at 49 if still on the board

Changes our offense dramatically instantly

Flat out stud
Wasted draft resources. You have a stud QB. Tell me the stud RBs drated in the top 50 the recent Super Bowl stud QBs have had.

KC UDFA
NE 4th round
PHI Street FA
DEN 2016 UDFA
SEA 2013 1st Round drafted but acquired for a 4th and a 5th
BAL 2012 pick 55
NYG 2011 7th round
GB 2011 UDFA, traded for a 6th
NO 2010 Rotation with a gadget 1st Rder + 2 UDFAs
PIT 2009 UDFA
NYG 2007 4th and a 7th
Colts 2006 1st round
PIT 2005 1st rd, traded for a 2nd and a 4th

You have to go back to 2006 to see an era where investing in a stud RB to pair with stud QB moves the needle.

Build your OL. Add receiving weapons. Build your defense. Use RBs as fungible assets, trade them in and out, use them up, rinse and repeat. Find mid and late round gems, UDFA talent.

Greeksteel
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Greeksteel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm
If The draft unfolds like it did in the 2nd, and we skip on JK Dobbins and Balt takes him.....I will lose my shit

I’m all in for Dobbins at 49 if still on the board

Changes our offense dramatically instantly

Flat out stud
Wasted draft resources. You have a stud QB. Tell me the stud RBs drated in the top 50 the recent Super Bowl stud QBs have had.

KC UDFA
NE 4th round
PHI Street FA
DEN 2016 UDFA
SEA 2013 1st Round drafted but acquired for a 4th and a 5th
BAL 2012 pick 55
NYG 2011 7th round
GB 2011 UDFA, traded for a 6th
NO 2010 Rotation with a gadget 1st Rder + 2 UDFAs
PIT 2009 UDFA
NYG 2007 4th and a 7th
Colts 2006 1st round
PIT 2005 1st rd, traded for a 2nd and a 4th

You have to go back to 2006 to see an era where investing in a stud RB to pair with stud QB moves the needle.

Build your OL. Add receiving weapons. Build your defense. Use RBs as fungible assets, trade them in and out, use them up, rinse and repeat. Find mid and late round gems, UDFA talent.


not saying ure completely wrong but bal with pick 55 and pittsburgh in 2005 (2nd and a 4th) contradict this argument

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 pm

The Browns have traded ODB to Houston for 3/90 and 4/131

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 pm
The Browns have traded ODB to Houston for 3/90 and 4/131
Already posted in the picks thread and the board is updated, my friend.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 19962
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm
not saying ure completely wrong but bal with pick 55 and pittsburgh in 2005 (2nd and a 4th) contradict this argument
Willie Parker was the defacto starter in 2005... but that's my point: you have to go back a long way to find a top 50 RB who put a great QB over the top.

That's 15 years ago in a completely different league.

Steeldrama
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Point taken on the whole rb/super bowl correlation but Sony Michel and Todd Gurley both 1st rounders out of my backyard here faced off in last year's incredibly boring Super Bowl.

Sony played well
Todd did not

Love both the Gibson and Bowden picks.
Excitement on a stick they are
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Greeksteel
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Greeksteel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:25 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm
Greeksteel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm
not saying ure completely wrong but bal with pick 55 and pittsburgh in 2005 (2nd and a 4th) contradict this argument
Willie Parker was the defacto starter in 2005... but that's my point: you have to go back a long way to find a top 50 RB who put a great QB over the top.

That's 15 years ago in a completely different league.
agreed but if i really like a rb in the 2nd rnd..not sure id risk losing him because id rather take him 40 spots later but again point taken in general and for sure for 1st rnd rbs

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Browns looking to trade RB Nick Chubb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic