Re: Colin Cowherd

Post by El Kabong » Sat May 23, 2020 12:31 am

stinger8 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:26 pm
VeritasSteel wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 am
stinger8 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 pm
Effectively maybe BUT the Ravens imposed their will they ran for 200 plus yards on a "highly ranked" defense. This is what we used to do a long time ago. We had a chance and we got owned. I hope I am wrong.
The Steelers started the day knowing that we had less than a 10% chance to make the playoffs. When the Texans put a bunch of subs on the field it went down to less than 1%. So I do not blame the defense for laying down during that game.

Not sitting here worried about the Ravens. After they pay Jackson they will be another one-dimensional team with great talent at the QB position but not enough money to get him weapons or the level of talent on defense that they are used to.
Yes when they pay Jackson BUT that is not necessary for a at least 2 years (not sure) so this year and probably next they are loaded. How many years does #7 play? When they start paying Jackson we are in a major rebuilding mode. Our window is not that bright. Now Jackson could get hurt running the ball so much so there is that possibility, then it is a different scenario. As an aside when I hear Jackson speak he sounds very grounded and balanced, the kind of guy who could leave money on the table for the betterment of the team. We shall see. I stand by my record predictions we are under dogs to Baltimore. Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin too.
Jackson has been great RUNNING the ball, but I've yet to see him do anything fearsome THROWING the ball. Until I do, I'm not going to be shaking my shoes about the Ravens.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 am

VeritasSteel wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 pm
Jobu wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:30 pm
The Rats have 2020, 21, and 22 with Jackson under his rookie contract, if they pick up the 5th year option.
The Rats weren’t just better than the Steelers in 2019...They were 6 games better. Ben closes that gap, but he doesn’t make 6 games worth of difference.
The Rats will need to take a serious step backwards for the Steelers to make up ground...which is a real possibility considering their gimmick offense.
Steelers defense is better than the Ravens,
Maybe...
I do not see it like that. Steelers defense is younger and faster Ravens went out and got a bunch of old guys to plug up the middle of their defense. Jared Geoff went from being the next Tom Brady to being a guy that got exposed. I think the Titans did that to Jackson. Force him wide make him throw to the WRs.

Ok, Jackson signed a 4-year deal in 2018 and it's up after 2021- not 2023. There is no fifth-year option.
Lamar Jackson signed a 4 year, $9,471,648 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $4,968,471 signing bonus, $7,575,059 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,367,912. In 2020, Jackson will earn a base salary of $1,341,059, while carrying a cap hit of $2,583,176 and a dead cap value of $4,180,296.
Here's the issue- Mahomes and Prescott's deals will be accelerating by 2021. Someone who has won the MVP has the leverage to get paid market value without an SB trophy. I know they have him at $2 million now, but waiting until after next year to sign him might be fiscal suicide. Mahomes is going to get $40 million at some point in his new deal that will be the market cap- right now its Ben's 34. If the Ravens get Jackson on paper anywhere close to Mahome's number and they cannot remain competitive --which I am hoping for.
Why would Jackson not be eligible for the 5th year option? He was a first rounder.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat May 23, 2020 5:27 am

Every year I hear how the ravens are gonna fall apart soon. And every year they play us like we fucked their sisters and pissed on their dog

Jackson is a damn good QB until further notice. You dont win the Heisman and NFL MVP not being damn good.

Harbaugh.....in fact the ENTIRE Harbaugh family .....is on my very short list of people Id seriously consider poisoning if I could get away with it. He is a damn good HC. Cheating whiny self absorbed fuck. But a good HC.

If Ben is healthy and has protection and weapons I have ZERO fear of the purple shit eaters from baltisore
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

VeritasSteel

Post by VeritasSteel » Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:27 am
Every year I hear how the ravens are gonna fall apart soon. And every year they play us like we fucked their sisters and pissed on their dog

Jackson is a damn good QB until further notice. You dont win the Heisman and NFL MVP not being damn good.

Harbaugh.....in fact the ENTIRE Harbaugh family .....is on my very short list of people Id seriously consider poisoning if I could get away with it. He is a damn good HC. Cheating whiny self absorbed fuck. But a good HC.

If Ben is healthy and has protection and weapons I have ZERO fear of the purple shit eaters from baltisore
Jackson is a good QB. The Titans defense was ranked 12th in the regular season against the run and contained him and made it look easy. Now the Ravens are coming back without Yonda. If Jackson comes back next year and lights up his WRs then we can talk.

Harbaugh is serviceable. He gets the same shit everyone gives Tomlin challenges, offensive production, clock management. So much so that someone had to analyze the challenge data to ensure the criticism was valid- and brought up everything else. https://russellstreetreport.com/2017/07 ... allenges/ .

And if you are poisoning the Harbaugh boys I am sure that Jim is looking to be taken out of his misery in Michigan so he'd probably welcome it

Right now I haven't been this excited for the season in a while. Most people (especially Steelers fans) do not understand what the Steelers FO has accomplished. They have the highest-paid QB in football (at the beginning of the football year) with an OL that has two perennial pro bowlers on it and instead of letting that be a cap weight they found speed, talent, and height at the skill positions and did not overpay for it. They even let two HOF caliber players walk. Here's the best part they have even built a young top five defense that led the league in sacks and turnovers- and sack turnovers. No team has accomplished that with a C3 or C4 QB max contract eating up the cap- it just doesn't happen. Just don't see the doom and gloom some other people see about this current Steelers team.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Jackson is a damn good QB until further notice.
That "notice" was served by the Chargers and Titans in his two playoff games. Let's see him lead a team with his passing once the run has been stuffed before crowning his ass.
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 am

VeritasSteel wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

Jackson is a good QB. The Titans defense was ranked 12th in the regular season against the run and contained him and made it look easy. Now the Ravens are coming back without Yonda. If Jackson comes back next year and lights up his WRs then we can talk.

Harbaugh is serviceable. He gets the same shit everyone gives Tomlin challenges, offensive production, clock management. So much so that someone had to analyze the challenge data to ensure the criticism was valid- and brought up everything else. https://russellstreetreport.com/2017/07 ... allenges/ .

And if you are poisoning the Harbaugh boys I am sure that Jim is looking to be taken out of his misery in Michigan so he'd probably welcome it

Right now I haven't been this excited for the season in a while. Most people (especially Steelers fans) do not understand what the Steelers FO has accomplished. They have the highest-paid QB in football (at the beginning of the football year) with an OL that has two perennial pro bowlers on it and instead of letting that be a cap weight they found speed, talent, and height at the skill positions and did not overpay for it. They even let two HOF caliber players walk. Here's the best part they have even built a young top five defense that led the league in sacks and turnovers- and sack turnovers. No team has accomplished that with a C3 or C4 QB max contract eating up the cap- it just doesn't happen. Just don't see the doom and gloom some other people see about this current Steelers team.
Agree.
--Voltaire

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic