What if there is no 2020 season?

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 21722
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: What if there is no 2020 season?

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:22 am

I wouldn't do that, but I get that people are afraid.


Steelperch wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 am
Ben only got Brady’d twice. He got Tomlin’d like 8 times.

stinger8
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am

Post by stinger8 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 pm

955876 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:21 pm
What's the big fucking deal about wearing one.
Ive been wearing mine when going out. Better question, what’s with the people I see wearing them while driving alone in their car?

I don’t get it.
Does it really matter? The fact they are wearing a mask is the important thing, and indicates that they are certainly wearing a mask when in other public places. Kudos to them.

What blows my mind is that YOU are wearing one and maybe just maybe there is a smidge of humanity in you after all. If so I was wrong and I apologize. Thank you for doing the right thing and sacrificing your freedoms and liberty and all that shit. :roll:

autopilot
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 am

Post by autopilot » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm

i wear mine in the car alone, as soon as i leave my place i put my mask and wont take off until i return to home. just as a precaution and because i wont forget, (and had to return to the car to grab it.)

955876
Posts: 2106
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by 955876 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:40 am

stinger8 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 pm
955876 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:21 pm
What's the big fucking deal about wearing one.
Ive been wearing mine when going out. Better question, what’s with the people I see wearing them while driving alone in their car?

I don’t get it.
Does it really matter? The fact they are wearing a mask is the important thing, and indicates that they are certainly wearing a mask when in other public places. Kudos to them.

What blows my mind is that YOU are wearing one and maybe just maybe there is a smidge of humanity in you after all. If so I was wrong and I apologize. Thank you for doing the right thing and sacrificing your freedoms and liberty and all that shit. :roll:
I think even you can admit it’s odd to wear one while all alone in a car.

And nice to see you use the post to get a personal attack in.


Ummm ya, I have no humanity... :roll: :roll:

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 21722
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:12 am

autopilot wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm
i wear mine in the car alone, as soon as i leave my place i put my mask and wont take off until i return to home. just as a precaution and because i wont forget, (and had to return to the car to grab it.)
They say it's better not to touch the outside of the mask any more than necessary, and if it makes you more comfortable, why not wear it?
Steelperch wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 am
Ben only got Brady’d twice. He got Tomlin’d like 8 times.

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:46 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:12 am
autopilot wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm
i wear mine in the car alone, as soon as i leave my place i put my mask and wont take off until i return to home. just as a precaution and because i wont forget, (and had to return to the car to grab it.)
They say it's better not to touch the outside of the mask any more than necessary, and if it makes you more comfortable, why not wear it?
When I lived in Atlanta 1 thing that was very noticeable to me compared to DFW Texas, Atlanta is much more humid which made it more difficult for me to breathe (asthma). Masks work similarly for me, takes more work for me to breathe and I do not like anything that causes me to have to work harder to breathe.

The idea that having a mask on your face is the same as not having one is bullshit.

I'm fine wearing it for 10 minutes, 30 minutes or maybe an hour or so, but the idea of having to wear one for 8 hours per day 40 hours per week is not something I want to do.

Also, triple digit temperatures in Texas makes it pretty shitty for anyone wearing one outdoors or even indoors in a lot of places.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18114
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Image
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Rock level dumb.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18114
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Havoc wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:06 pm
Rock level dumb.
Is this dumb too? :lol:

Image
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Red herring.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18114
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Havoc wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:30 pm
Red herring.
Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh.

Well, stay healthy, fella!
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm

The data indicates I will probably be fine.

Acting like there should be no issue for anyone wearing a mask is as ignorant as those who think noone should wear a mask.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
Texas Black & Gold
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:18 pm

Havoc wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm
The data indicates I will probably be fine.

Acting like there should be no issue for anyone wearing a mask is as ignorant as those who think noone should wear a mask.
When I wear a mask I also have a hard time breathing, my glasses fog up, people have a difficult time understanding me and I constantly need to push it up. It is very inconvenient but I wear it because others freak out if I don't. Plus I like to shop and many stores won't allow you to enter without one on. Glad I am not a surgeon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:18 pm
Havoc wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm
The data indicates I will probably be fine.

Acting like there should be no issue for anyone wearing a mask is as ignorant as those who think noone should wear a mask.
When I wear a mask I also have a hard time breathing, my glasses fog up, people have a difficult time understanding me and I constantly need to push it up. It is very inconvenient but I wear it because others freak out if I don't. Plus I like to shop and many stores won't allow you to enter without one on. Glad I am not a surgeon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I stopped hanging out at my buddy's coffee shop because of the pandemic. Even when we had a govt ordered shutdown of anyone hanging out inside coffee shops I could have hung out there anytime I wanted and as much as I wanted but I chose not to because of the pandemic.

I do not want to go to the grocery store or GNC etc... without a mask, and don't want to be in there with people not wearing them.

I have gone inside my buddy's coffee shop a few times recently early in the morning but the last time I went inside only to leave before getting coffee because there were 2 people sitting without masks and that's fine for them and fine for my buddy who has to run his business but I made a choice not to stay.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:18 pm
Havoc wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm
The data indicates I will probably be fine.

Acting like there should be no issue for anyone wearing a mask is as ignorant as those who think noone should wear a mask.
When I wear a mask I also have a hard time breathing, my glasses fog up, people have a difficult time understanding me and I constantly need to push it up. It is very inconvenient but I wear it because others freak out if I don't. Plus I like to shop and many stores won't allow you to enter without one on.
You can't think of any other reasons to wear one?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh.

Well, stay healthy, fella!
I dropped my drawers and said welcome back Carter.
"Just don't kill us."

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:34 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh.

Well, stay healthy, fella!
I dropped my drawers and said welcome back Carter.
Congrats on the dumb, Lit
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:39 am

Havoc wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:34 am
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Riiiiiiiight. Uh huh.

Well, stay healthy, fella!
I dropped my drawers and said welcome back Carter.
Congrats on the dumb, Lit
Not a fan of the Beastie Boys, hunh? I was just using a lyric off Paul's Boutique to welcome KC back from what I assume was a ban. Don't be grumpy!

Except I realize now I am dumb: it's Kotter, not Carter.

"Just don't kill us."

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:13 pm

These are grump-inducing times, man.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Orangesteel
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Orangesteel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Sooo the NFL offers the NFLPA to play zero preseason games. I’m thinking that will happen and the teams can have a long drawn out “camp” to prepare for the season. Many players have always thought the preseason is dumb; they will finally get their wish. Big hit on revenue though considering the cash those games bring in.

This is shaping up to be one hell of a wacky season, if it happens at all.

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Ice wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:13 pm
These are grump-inducing times, man.
Indeed
"Just don't kill us."

Donnie Brasco
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Sooo the NFL offers the NFLPA to play zero preseason games. I’m thinking that will happen and the teams can have a long drawn out “camp” to prepare for the season. Many players have always thought the preseason is dumb; they will finally get their wish. Big hit on revenue though considering the cash those games bring in.

This is shaping up to be one hell of a wacky season, if it happens at all.
Wonder if no PS games will end our run of having an Undrafted FA make the team? I mean those games are really where those fringe guys can shine.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 21722
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 pm

I am hoping that the team does something similar to the Pens webcasts-- daily web video coverage of practices that would ordinarily be open to the public. Anybody heard this discussed?
Steelperch wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 am
Ben only got Brady’d twice. He got Tomlin’d like 8 times.

Havoc
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:39 am
Havoc wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:34 am
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am


I dropped my drawers and said welcome back Carter.
Congrats on the dumb, Lit
Not a fan of the Beastie Boys, hunh? I was just using a lyric off Paul's Boutique to welcome KC back from what I assume was a ban. Don't be grumpy!

Except I realize now I am dumb: it's Kotter, not Carter.

You and I are good.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

Thrillsseeker
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Thrillsseeker » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:00 am

Got a msg from Ticketmaster saying my tickets are no longer valid because my event has been cancelled.

Tics were to Steelers vs. Browns

blu
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by blu » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:32 am
I’m not talking about Uber drivers. Just regular people driving with their mask on while alone in car.

It’s a bit odd.
It's not so odd if one considers that someone had a mask on in a public area then was was on a short drive & then would again need a mask on. If s not recommended to touch the mask with hands that were not just washed or cleaned with hand sanitizer.

LakecrestSteeler
Posts: 5298
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Marlins postpone opener due to CV19!

This is a sneak peek under the NFL tent most likely. Cross your fingers on this one.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/295 ... atform=amp

blu
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by blu » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:46 am

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:00 am
Got a msg from Ticketmaster saying my tickets are no longer valid because my event has been cancelled.

Tics were to Steelers vs. Browns
Makes sense as they'll be restricting the numbers in the stands to what percentage - I don't know. By the times the games start - it may be 0% in some states like Florida. The epidemic is on high there.

User avatar
El Kabong
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by El Kabong » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:14 pm
Marlins postpone opener due to CV19!

This is a sneak peek under the NFL tent most likely. Cross your fingers on this one.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/295 ... atform=amp
Not exactly making me feel confident about the NFL season.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 am

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:02 pm
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic