WRs game one...

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Scunge

WRs game one...

Post by Scunge » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Why not specifically break down the WRs and discuss how they all played?

JuJu, I think it is true that the best JuJu is the one who is having fun, playing loose and not under the pressure of being 'the man', the #1 WR. Now, yes, JuJu has the most experience playing with Ben, but take note that Diontae Johnson was the WR that Ben targeted the most against the Giants, not JuJu.

Ben had 11 targets (passes) that went to the combined trio of JuJu, Washington and Claypool, and 10 targets that went to Johnson. I don't think that was by mistake, or is some exception, but in fact will be the rule moving forward. I think Johnson is being groomed, molded to be the #1 WR on this team.

Now, yes, DJ had a rough night, and really, considering no preseason games, and him being hurt for much of training camp and not practicing, and having little experience playing with Ben, it was understandable to me. I actually doubted that he would play, but he managed to get that practice in on Friday? and then they let him play. The muffed punt and then being hit in the back with a back shoulder pass from Ben was pretty ugly, no doubt, but the other plays he did make show why they are excited about him. He has that quickness and agility to make the first tackler miss and it is that which makes defenses respect him.

I see DJ as he gets more comfortable with Ben, as their rapport grows, that Johnson will lead the team in targets and catches this year. JuJu will be right there, neck and neck with DJ most of the time, but I think ultimately it will benefit JuJu to play second fiddle to Johnson and not have the pressure of being the #1 WR. Call me crazy but that is what I think will happen.

Washington. 3 targets, 2 catches for 34 yards and that great TD where he refused to be tackled, kept the play alive, and willed himself into the end zone. The one catch he didn't make was a great play by the Safety, they get paid to make plays too. I think the guy continually gets better each and every year, is humble, is developing into a great blocker, and is developing his overall game as a WR.

If the Steelers are indeed in bad shape cap wise after the season and can't keep JuJu, the WR corps will still be fine, a team strength. Chase Claypool. How about your first NFL catch is a beautiful 28 yard toe tapper along the sidelines? 2 catches for 39 yards, 18.0 yard avg and 1 reverse for 8 yards where he smartly stayed in bounds to keep the clock rolling. On special teams as the gunner I saw a lot to love even if it was his first real special teams play in the NFL. I saw him get down on the return man in a hurry, it has to be intimidating as hell to see a 240 pound man that fast be on you so quickly. They were talking about how if was real difficult to simulate special teams during training camp and it is going to take some time for Chase to adjust to the speed of the game but you can see the talent and more importantly the want to, he loves playing special teams, wants to be great at it.

I can envision after the season the team having to move on from JuJu with great sadness but still able to give a modest contract extension to James Washington and then have the trio of Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, and James Washington for 2021 and 2022.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Scunge wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Washington. 3 targets, 2 catches for 34 yards and that great TD where he refused to be tackled, kept the play alive, and willed himself into the end zone. The one catch he didn't make was a great play by the Safety, they get paid to make plays too. I think the guy continually gets better each and every year, is humble, is developing into a great blocker, and is developing his overall game as a WR.
Huge JW fan and I definitely don’t want to be too hard on him because he had a great night overall and his rapport with Ben is vastly improved from what it was 2 years ago.

But.....he should have caught that last pass from Ben. Because James hasn’t really shown the extra gear to run away from DB’s like he had at OSU (I’ll never understand where it went), his strength has become coming down with contested catches and he’s shown an amazing ability to do that.

Monday night on his final target, I believe Washington either took his eyes off the ball or never really got a good read on it in the first place. The DB never knocks that ball away from Washington if he gets his giant ass mitts on it cleanly.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm
Scunge wrote:
Huge JW fan and I definitely don’t want to be too hard on him because he had a great night overall and his rapport with Ben is vastly improved from what it was 2 years ago.

But.....he should have caught that last pass from Ben. Because James hasn’t really shown the extra gear to run away from DB’s like he had at OSU (I’ll never understand where it went), his strength has become coming down with contested catches and he’s shown an amazing ability to do that.

Monday night on his final target, I believe Washington either took his eyes off the ball or never really got a good read on it in the first place. The DB never knocks that ball away from Washington if he gets his giant ass mitts on it cleanly.
If it's the play I'm thinking of, the DB got his hand in there and prevented the catch. I understand combat catches but it's a different matter when a DB gets his hand inside the catch zone and knocks it away. Sometimes the opposition makes plays too (as Scunge said).

On another note, I was disappointed with DJ. I think he will be a good player for us but I also think we might have overrated his talent level a little and I was wondering about that even before this game.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

I know everyone is going to say Juju played better because he was fun loving, etc. but I think it has more to do with a QB who delivered the ball on time and in the right place.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Havoc wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Scunge wrote:

If it's the play I'm thinking of, the DB got his hand in there and prevented the catch. I understand combat catches but it's a different matter when a DB gets his hand inside the catch zone and knocks it away. Sometimes the opposition makes plays too (as Scunge said).

On another note, I was disappointed with DJ. I think he will be a good player for us but I also think we might have overrated his talent level a little and I was wondering about that even before this game.
I think people (or at least me, anyway) are rating DJ based on his potential. He has all the tools, and has flashed. It's impossible to tell if he will develop into an AB or Julio Jones, but he certainly has the skill set and physical ability. At least to me, anyway.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Baltostiller

Post by Baltostiller » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
Scunge wrote:

JW tried to catch the ball with his pinkies together (basket) rather than his thumbs together (combat). That is why the DB got his hand in the way to prevent the catch. He needs to learn and highpoint the ball rather than waiting for it to come to him.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 pm

IMO keeping DuPree and Watt together is priority number 1...... I think that means JuJu is gone
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm
I know everyone is going to say Juju played better because he was fun loving, etc. but I think it has more to do with a QB who delivered the ball on time and in the right place.
This. His "THAT'S my quarterback" photobomb in Ben's interview was likely very genuine, and probably shared by the whole WR corps.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 pm

One other thing, the route running and the orchestration of the WRs collectively was very shocking to me. What am I talking about?

Well, usually I only notice other teams being successful at picks, rubs, at getting DBs to run into each other, have to consciously move around one another. I always marveled at other teams schemes where they had their WRs able to manipulate the secondary, force errors, get easy free passes completed.

We saw some of this Monday night against the Giants. Is this Matt Canada's influence? I think it is.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 am

Baltostiller wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

JW tried to catch the ball with his pinkies together (basket) rather than his thumbs together (combat). That is why the DB got his hand in the way to prevent the catch. He needs to learn and highpoint the ball rather than waiting for it to come to him.
Bingo.

The DB didn't break up anything because JW didn't catch it.

Normally, Washington snatches that ball with no problem. On this play, he simply didn't make a clean catch.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:31 am

Scunge wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 pm
One other thing, the route running and the orchestration of the WRs collectively was very shocking to me. What am I talking about?

Well, usually I only notice other teams being successful at picks, rubs, at getting DBs to run into each other, have to consciously move around one another. I always marveled at other teams schemes where they had their WRs able to manipulate the secondary, force errors, get easy free passes completed.

We saw some of this Monday night against the Giants. Is this Matt Canada's influence? I think it is.
The concepts are the same as those that predate Canada. Teams had to play more man because the QB is better and the run routes/mesh routes work a lot better.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Havoc wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

I think people (or at least me, anyway) are rating DJ based on his potential. He has all the tools, and has flashed. It's impossible to tell if he will develop into an AB or Julio Jones, but he certainly has the skill set and physical ability. At least to me, anyway.
Lmao. Um,
DJ is 5’10” 183lbs
Julio Jones is 6’3” 230lbs

So DJ has the skill set AND the physical ability to be JJ?

The fuck?

Ice

Post by Ice » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm assuming he meant in terms of impact, not stature, Thrills. Point taken, though, that'd be a helluva growth spurt.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:47 pm

AB didn't really become a superstar until his fourth year. He was splitting time with Clank as a rookie, but established himself as the slot receiver his second year behind Ward and Wallace - still got 124 targets (55.6% catch %)! In 2012, he missed 3 games(?) but averaged just over 8 targets (62.3% catch %). But after 3 years, he had just 7 career touchdowns.

DJ had 92 targets last year and an impressive catch % of 64.1% despite what who we all know were throwing to him. 5 TD's. 11.5YPC isn't bad, either, when you consider neither QB could complete passes over 3 yards in the air.

Not to say he'll be better than AB (how could anyone ever make that claim?!?), but he flashed and truly had a pretty good rookie year. He puts those numbers up as a rookie WITH Ben and we'd have been thrilled. So that's really outstanding with Duck and Rudolph.

BTW never really looked before....Washington last year had 80 targets and 44 catches (55.0%) for a solid 16.7 YPC. Those are pretty impressive numbers, too. Most of his production came starting in Wk8 - last half of 2019 projects to 1010 yards and 6 TD's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Ice wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:58 pm
I'm assuming he meant in terms of impact, not stature, Thrills.
I know that when people don't have teachers, they confuse physical "ability" with physical "attributes."
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Best thing about the WR core is they didn't have to use a #1 on any of them and there's still a ton of talent. Say what you want about Colbert but the guy can draft WRs. In fact, when is the last time he used a #1 on a WR?
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Santonio Holmes. Playoff and Super Bowl MVP, and Buckeye.

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm

DJ led all WRs again in targets with 13, JuJu, Washington and Claypool combined for 16. DJ has 23 targets now, JuJu has only 14 targets. Johnson already has 25% of the targets he got last year in just the first 2 games. He could very well see 160-180 targets this year good for 100+ catches and 1,200+ yards.

DJ had 8 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Yes he still has a lot of growing to do in terms of ball security and maintaining his focus throughout the game but he has awesome upside. His open field running is better than Brown IMO. DJ doesnt just make the first tackler miss, he often makes the 2nd and 3rd tackler miss too. His ability to plant one foot and make these extreme cuts is elite, and give the man his due, supposedly he is up to 190 pounds now.

To me DJ is this Frankenstein monster made up of some of the best parts of Louis Lipps, Santonio Holmes and Antonio Brown.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Scunge wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm
DJ led all WRs again in targets with 13, JuJu, Washington and Claypool combined for 16. DJ has 23 targets now, JuJu has only 14 targets. Johnson already has 25% of the targets he got last year in just the first 2 games. He could very well see 160-180 targets this year good for 100+ catches and 1,200+ yards.

DJ had 8 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Yes he still has a lot of growing to do in terms of ball security and maintaining his focus throughout the game but he has awesome upside. His open field running is better than Brown IMO. DJ doesnt just make the first tackler miss, he often makes the 2nd and 3rd tackler miss too. His ability to plant one foot and make these extreme cuts is elite, and give the man his due, supposedly he is up to 190 pounds now.

To me DJ is this Frankenstein monster made up of some of the best parts of Louis Lipps, Santonio Holmes and Antonio Brown.
Looked to me like Denver did everything possible to take JuJu away and forced the other receivers to beat them.

DJ had some drops. JW had a drop. Ebron had a drop.

Only Claypool (who was under utilized) played an error free game.

Our receivers are looking good but they have plenty of room for improvement.

Harvey Woodlawn

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:05 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm

I like James Washington, just too many other targets and JW doesn't seem to have a ton of chemistry with Ben.

But I don't know how Claypool doesn't start gobbling up snaps. Can't keep him off the field, and that's going to make JW the odd man out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:05 am
K_C_ wrote:

I like James Washington, just too many other targets and JW doesn't seem to have a ton of chemistry with Ben.

But I don't know how Claypool doesn't start gobbling up snaps. Can't keep him off the field, and that's going to make JW the odd man out.
Washington's chemistry with Ben is LOADS better than it was 2 years ago, when it looked like they weren't even playing the same sport.

JW is making important catches and a nice impact, but in both games he had a concentration lapse that caused a drop (last week's wasn't so bad, but it's still a play he should be expected to make).

Diontae right now, is the guy who is struggling either with his chemistry with Ben, or some type of confidence issue. He'll make a nice play, then do something REALLY stupid. It's also possible Diontae is simply thinking/playing too fast. Looking to hit a home run before the pitch gets to the plate.

Not worried about Washington. He's coming along nicely and I expect he'll get his concentration issues worked out. In a long season, we're going to need all of our receivers. Washington included. Having 4 REALLY good receivers is a phenomenal problem to have.

Diontae, probably our singularly most talented receiver, has a shit ton to work on.

The more I see, I expect the Steelers to re-sign Watt and JuJu and let Dupree leave via free agency.

I believe they'll make an attempt to sign Dupree, but he'll get a ridiculous contract elsewhere.

JuJu though......dude just makes too many plays to let him leave and when Denver did their best to take him away, the other receivers were inconsistent.

Harvey Woodlawn

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:35 pm

It's also possible Diontae is simply thinking/playing too fast. Looking to hit a home run before the pitch gets to the plate
Yup, he needs to make catching the ball first
and foremost.
Then let his skills kick in.

I think by week 4, DJ and Ben will look much smoother on their connections.
JW as well.
But yes, Claypool will start taking snaps from JW.

JuJu is our Anquan Boldin.
Tuff catches in traffic.
The go to first down guy.
Tackle breaker, shovel pass and plow ahead.
He had 2 or three catches behind the first down marker yesterday, that he turned into a first down ( right sideline, left sideline, shovel pass. )

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:45 pm

and hopefully, with all the weapons that Ben has,
That this coaching staff allows Ben to keep the ball in his hands on 3rd / 4th and short, rather than handing off and plowing into piles, behind a struggling run game as well as two young guys on the right side. Run game clicking, everyone healthy, sure, hand off.
Not yesterday.

No reason we should have been running the ball at 3rd and 1 behind right side at the Denver 2 yesterday.
When we have the type and size of targets for Ben to find.........

Bulk to shield defenders and height.............JuJu, Ebron, Vance, Claypool................

I believe it was Jeemie that spoke many times of how this team will choose plan B over better options on critical downs and distance.
Offense continues to sub-optimize its chances.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Kodiak wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

Washington's chemistry with Ben is LOADS better than it was 2 years ago, when it looked like they weren't even playing the same sport.

JW is making important catches and a nice impact, but in both games he had a concentration lapse that caused a drop (last week's wasn't so bad, but it's still a play he should be expected to make).

Diontae right now, is the guy who is struggling either with his chemistry with Ben, or some type of confidence issue. He'll make a nice play, then do something REALLY stupid. It's also possible Diontae is simply thinking/playing too fast. Looking to hit a home run before the pitch gets to the plate.

Not worried about Washington. He's coming along nicely and I expect he'll get his concentration issues worked out. In a long season, we're going to need all of our receivers. Washington included. Having 4 REALLY good receivers is a phenomenal problem to have.

Diontae, probably our singularly most talented receiver, has a shit ton to work on.

The more I see, I expect the Steelers to re-sign Watt and JuJu and let Dupree leave via free agency.

I believe they'll make an attempt to sign Dupree, but he'll get a ridiculous contract elsewhere.

JuJu though......dude just makes too many plays to let him leave and when Denver did their best to take him away, the other receivers were inconsistent.
What's a ridiculous contract for Dupree? He's playing like a top 5 EDGE right now. If you can get him for less than Myles Garrett, Bosa, Watt, Mack AND structure the deal with a low year 1 cap hit, you have to do it. He's inarguably been their best defensive player in the first two games. JuJu is one of many good players on defense, and it would suck to lose him considering how young he is... but that's a no-brainer to me.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:45 pm
and hopefully, with all the weapons that Ben has,
That this coaching staff allows Ben to keep the ball in his hands on 3rd / 4th and short, rather than handing off and plowing into piles, behind a struggling run game as well as two young guys on the right side. Run game clicking, everyone healthy, sure, hand off.
Not yesterday.

No reason we should have been running the ball at 3rd and 1 behind right side at the Denver 2 yesterday.
When we have the type and size of targets for Ben to find.........

Bulk to shield defenders and height.............JuJu, Ebron, Vance, Claypool................

I believe it was Jeemie that spoke many times of how this team will choose plan B over better options on critical downs and distance.
Offense continues to sub-optimize its chances.
Stosh, I don't love plowing runs, but the two young guys won every run rep but one in the entire part of the game I re-watched. I'd run behind Dotson any time.

The failure to score from the Denver 2 was due to Ebron getting tooled backwards into the runner on a play where Conner would have fallen into the end zone.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:46 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Kodiak wrote:

What's a ridiculous contract for Dupree? He's playing like a top 5 EDGE right now. If you can get him for less than Myles Garrett, Bosa, Watt, Mack AND structure the deal with a low year 1 cap hit, you have to do it. He's inarguably been their best defensive player in the first two games. JuJu is one of many good players on defense, and it would suck to lose him considering how young he is... but that's a no-brainer to me.
I think Watt is obviously going to get a massive contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dupree will want as much or more than Watt.

I simply do not believe we are going to be able to pay both of them.

I'd LOVE to see it happen....I absolutely do not think it will.

Also, I disagree that JuJu is "one of many" good players on our offense.

Smith-Schuster is our second best offensive player after #7 and it isn't real close.

He's easily our best receiver. Easily and I love Diontae, James and Chase. JuJu WILL be a Pro Bowler.

JuJu is easily our most reliable offensive weapon and again, it isn't close. Someone will have to watch the All-22 and tell me, but I've read that Denver did everything possible to take JuJu away and that's when our offense bogged down. I believe it 100%. The younger guys have been inconsistent.

JuJu is like a Swiss watch.

I said it yesterday. I expect us to sign Watt and JuJu and Dupree will be playing elsewhere in 2021.

Harvey Woodlawn

blu

Post by blu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:35 pm

I wonder if the team could use Claypool more as the hybrid TE/WR. I'm sure that even as rookie that Chase can block better than Ebron & catch better & having Claypool in position as a TE one play & then in the place of a WR the next would throw defenses in disarray. His toe tap on the sidelines in the first game brought back images of AB's feet. DJ may have immense potential & ability but AB-type concentration & work ethic are clearly lacking & I hope that changes for the better. Meanwhile, while AB's mind may have turned to mush (I hope it wasn't the Burnfict's hit) but his place among Steeler all-time greats cannot be disputed & I've decided to keep my Brown 84 jersey as is & wear it proudly.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Well, I'll tell you this: if Ebron doesn't start lighting it up, his contract is very cuttable and you could very well see Mcdonald and Ebron go buh bye. Personally, I'd rather they acknowledge what Ebron is. Put him out wide at the goal line and that's a better way to take his man out of the run play than asking EE to block inline. Same goal, achieved with smarts instead of brawn. Besides, Ebron isolated out wide is a pitch and catch opportunity.

Here's my goal line formation and play design:

85 .....71-53-69-76-78

Gives you many options.
1. run power behind 44- 69-76-78
2. jump ball to 85
3. slant to 11
4. back shoulder to 11
5. 89 with a post, 11 with a fade, and 78 WFO in the seam
6. PA to 30, 85 with fade, 44 in the left flat
7. run stretch with OL ZBS and 11 down blocking

You could even replace 89 w 19 if you prefer.

Steelers showed this OL look vs DEN. I think they're setting it up for a pass to AV.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:54 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:29 pm
Well, I'll tell you this: if Ebron doesn't start lighting it up, his contract is very cuttable and you could very well see Mcdonald and Ebron go buh bye.
I hope both get cut even if they start playing better. Vance will be 31 and Ebron has never been a consistent player.

Cutting both saves $11.25m on the Cap, which the Steelers desperately need. Band aid the position for a year then find a capable replacement in 2022 when Ben, Decastro, VWill, and Haden are off the books.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:50 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:29 pm
Well, I'll tell you this: if Ebron doesn't start lighting it up, his contract is very cuttable and you could very well see Mcdonald and Ebron go buh bye.
Steelers draft/ acquisitions, by contrast to WR's, can't seem to hit it big on a TE. Have a look at this list - ranking of TE's by fans :

https://www.ranker.com/list/every-pitts ... ranker-nfl

I had no idea Rich Kotite played for the steelers in '68.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic