what kind of deal they will offer #7 to stay?

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18301
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Re: what kind of deal they will offer #7 to stay?

Post by K_C_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm

Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am
Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 am
One can only hope "we had a first round grade on Bibberty" was post-draft bravado. If not, it's going to take a lot more than luck.

A chance at contention next year and a last season with our aging HOF warhorse holds a little more appeal when one begins to consider the lengthy wander through the desert we're very likely in for afterwards.
A chance at contending for the playoffs and maybe winning a playoff game.

If we have Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young waiting in the wings, then yeah you have to go with the next young gun.

If Ben had the arm strength of Peyton's final year or Brees this year then yeah, I would be ok with entering the QB abyss.

Ben can still push the football downfield. I want him on the field next year.
You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.


"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:03 pm

jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:50 am
I'll go with my own ASOIAF reference. If you trust the current leadership to "gather as many lottery ticket picks as they can and go find the next QB," you haven't been paying attention.
But you trust this leadership to win with a roster full of holes and a 39 year old QB that can’t outplay his coaching anymore?
Moreso than the alternative, and we'll have a long time to see the alternative regardless. Don't understand why anyone is in such a hurry to rush it into existence.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

User avatar
jeemie
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by jeemie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:03 pm
jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:50 am
I'll go with my own ASOIAF reference. If you trust the current leadership to "gather as many lottery ticket picks as they can and go find the next QB," you haven't been paying attention.
But you trust this leadership to win with a roster full of holes and a 39 year old QB that can’t outplay his coaching anymore?
Moreso than the alternative, and we'll have a long time to see the alternative regardless. Don't understand why anyone is in such a hurry to rush it into existence.
Because the quicker it happens, the quicker Mike Tomlin leaves the team.

Hopefully.

Havoc
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am
Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 am
One can only hope "we had a first round grade on Bibberty" was post-draft bravado. If not, it's going to take a lot more than luck.

A chance at contention next year and a last season with our aging HOF warhorse holds a little more appeal when one begins to consider the lengthy wander through the desert we're very likely in for afterwards.
A chance at contending for the playoffs and maybe winning a playoff game.

If we have Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young waiting in the wings, then yeah you have to go with the next young gun.

If Ben had the arm strength of Peyton's final year or Brees this year then yeah, I would be ok with entering the QB abyss.

Ben can still push the football downfield. I want him on the field next year.
You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am


A chance at contending for the playoffs and maybe winning a playoff game.

If we have Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young waiting in the wings, then yeah you have to go with the next young gun.

If Ben had the arm strength of Peyton's final year or Brees this year then yeah, I would be ok with entering the QB abyss.

Ben can still push the football downfield. I want him on the field next year.
You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
Sure seems like Ben is coming back so it's all navel gazing, but, as I said earlier in the thread, the issue is not whether Ben can still push the ball 20 yards or more downfield. The issue is whether he can do so with consistent accuracy anymore. He was hit or miss too much last year on longer throws, the drops notwithstanding. We're going to get more of the same next year. Some dazzle followed by stretches of fizzle.
"Just don't kill us."

User avatar
jeemie
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by jeemie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm

Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am


A chance at contending for the playoffs and maybe winning a playoff game.

If we have Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young waiting in the wings, then yeah you have to go with the next young gun.

If Ben had the arm strength of Peyton's final year or Brees this year then yeah, I would be ok with entering the QB abyss.

Ben can still push the football downfield. I want him on the field next year.
You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
We ran Canada’s stuff early in the year and then the rest of the year it seemed we ran a dumbed down version of it.

With one exception...the final Cleveland game, with Mason Rudolph under center. And the same shitty O-line.

Yeah we only scored 22 points but one drive was stopped on an INT that should have been called back because Rudolph was clubbed in the head as he threw. Others he’d make big plays and then they’d bring in Dobbs.

And Rudolph was way more on point with the deep ball than Ben was this season. Small sample size, I know, and I am not saying Rudolph is better than Ben.

Seems to me what stopped Canada’s shit from being run was Ben Roethlisberger and not the shitty O-line.

Havoc
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:26 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm


You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
Sure seems like Ben is coming back so it's all navel gazing, but, as I said earlier in the thread, the issue is not whether Ben can still push the ball 20 yards or more downfield. The issue is whether he can do so with consistent accuracy anymore. He was hit or miss too much last year on longer throws, the drops notwithstanding. We're going to get more of the same next year. Some dazzle followed by stretches of fizzle.
I agree he was off with his downfield throws.

The surgery is unprecedented for an NFL QB. Noone knows what he's going to be next year except we do know he's no longer elusive.

I think you have to give it a chance to see with another off season to recover. Man, I've seen this movie over and over again in sports... a player has a significant injury, fully cleared by doctors, but it isn't until the 2nd season after they return that they get back to their former level or as good as they are now going to be.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18301
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am


A chance at contending for the playoffs and maybe winning a playoff game.

If we have Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young waiting in the wings, then yeah you have to go with the next young gun.

If Ben had the arm strength of Peyton's final year or Brees this year then yeah, I would be ok with entering the QB abyss.

Ben can still push the football downfield. I want him on the field next year.
You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
I guess I’m just more optimistic that we can find “the guy” sooner than 10 years or whatever.

Ben was simply too all over the place last year. Rarely had a good rhythm going and if he did, it normally came after stretches of shitty play.

We don’t need Patrick Mahomes. We simply need consistency.

Jeemie has said more than a few times that the best and most consistent the offense looked the last half of the season was the game Rudolph started and he’s right.

That should scare the fuck out of any Steelers fan.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
Professor Half Wit
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
Seems to me what stopped Canada’s shit from being run was Ben Roethlisberger and not the shitty O-line.
Not a happy thought.

And yet, we had plenty examples of running dumb offense until falling behind only for Ben to start slinging and bring the team back. The Colts game was just idiotic.
"Just don't kill us."

Jobu
Posts: 11635
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Ben needs to go on the seed and twig diet like Brady. :lol:

Mick
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Mick » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:06 pm

It does come down to where you are on Ben. If you think he’s a below average QB at this point, then i can understand wanting to fold up the tents.

But if you think he’s still above average, possibly a bit outside top 10 now, and the offense’s problems were more from having the #32 run game and what was said to be a joke of an offensive scheme in 2020, which is where i fall, then the answer is fixing the problems. Duct tape or whatever.

People posting about those other QBs, that totally would have won more SBs if they had more seasons with a decent defense, and want to throw away a year when you would have a QB and a good defense.

User avatar
jeemie
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by jeemie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Mick wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:06 pm
It does come down to where you are on Ben. If you think he’s a below average QB at this point, then i can understand wanting to fold up the tents.

But if you think he’s still above average, possibly a bit outside top 10 now, and the offense’s problems were more from having the #32 run game and what was said to be a joke of an offensive scheme in 2020, which is where i fall, then the answer is fixing the problems. Duct tape or whatever.

People posting about those other QBs, that totally would have won more SBs if they had more seasons with a decent defense, and want to throw away a year when you would have a QB and a good defense.
It comes down to where I am on Ben and Tomlin.

My take is we are never winning a Lombardi with them again...and therefore the sooner both are gone, the better.

Havoc
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Havoc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:32 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm


You just wait until you see Ben "push the ball downfield" next season, against a much tougher schedule with no patsies.

Bart Scott was right about Ben not wanting to take the hits that made him great and nobody can blame him for that, but if Ben tries to push the ball downfield on a consistent basis, his farewell tour is going to be a short one.

Then the Haskins/Rudolph years will begin in earnest.
If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
I guess I’m just more optimistic that we can find “the guy” sooner than 10 years or whatever.

Ben was simply too all over the place last year. Rarely had a good rhythm going and if he did, it normally came after stretches of shitty play.

We don’t need Patrick Mahomes. We simply need consistency.

Jeemie has said more than a few times that the best and most consistent the offense looked the last half of the season was the game Rudolph started and he’s right.

That should scare the fuck out of any Steelers fan.
As I stated in another post and I believe this is significant...

I have seen many times in sports, significant injury player out for a year fully cleared by doctors but it isn't until the 2nd season after they return that they regain their form or get as good as they are now going to be.

We won 12 games with Ben.

We weren't winning the SB last year no matter the QB with the demise of the OL and what happened to the defense.

IMO, as long as Ben has the arm strength, it's more likely he is more accurate next season with his downfield throws than he was in 2020.

Maybe Highsmith pulls a 2008 Woodley next year (Woodleys 2nd season). If we can get dominance again from our pair of OLBs we will have a chance on defense.

Fix the OL! New OC!
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18301
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:32 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Havoc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm


If we don't fix the OL it will be a shit show.

I saw a post that said it might take 10 years for the next franchise QB. Well, the 49ers are still waiting after Young.

The more likely scenario is we get a guy we can win games with so the FO doesn't want to cut bait who isn't a franchise QB. That could be 10 years and then we get to start again for a franchise QB search.

I'm just not in that big a hurry to start down the road to QB abyss when Ben has the arm to push the football downfield.

I thought the offense had a chance to be good in 2020. The OL went to shit, had a lot to do with the downfall.

Fix the OL and give Canada a chance, see what he can do with it.
I guess I’m just more optimistic that we can find “the guy” sooner than 10 years or whatever.

Ben was simply too all over the place last year. Rarely had a good rhythm going and if he did, it normally came after stretches of shitty play.

We don’t need Patrick Mahomes. We simply need consistency.

Jeemie has said more than a few times that the best and most consistent the offense looked the last half of the season was the game Rudolph started and he’s right.

That should scare the fuck out of any Steelers fan.
As I stated in another post and I believe this is significant...

I have seen many times in sports, significant injury player out for a year fully cleared by doctors but it isn't until the 2nd season after they return that they regain their form or get as good as they are now going to be.

We won 12 games with Ben.

We weren't winning the SB last year no matter the QB with the demise of the OL and what happened to the defense.

IMO, as long as Ben has the arm strength, it's more likely he is more accurate next season with his downfield throws than he was in 2020.

Maybe Highsmith pulls a 2008 Woodley next year (Woodleys 2nd season). If we can get dominance again from our pair of OLBs we will have a chance on defense.

Fix the OL! New OC!
Fair enough, I mean, we won't know for sure until the season gets started, but......I fear Ben gets the living shit knocked out of him.

Dude isn't the guy who played like Superman and had giant defenders bounce off him like he was superhuman. Now, Ben looks like he needs a walker when he tries to move around in the pocket.

Roethlisberger's arm might look better next season, but his ability to move won't and BOY did he look absolutely worn out the last part of the season.

But as others have pointed out, I'm sure we're going to be seeing plenty of; "Ben is in the best shape of his life" new reports in the coming months.
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

zeke5123
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Bunch of dumbasses focusing on Ben (who once again when given time was pretty damn good this last year).

The team's problems in order:

1. Coaching. Hopefully, Tomlin discovers his passion is coaching public speaking and leaves the Steelers. Since we know that won't happen, I am hopeful that maybe just maybe Tomlin finally learned.

2. Offensive line that sucks. I see a lot of room for improvement. First, Dotson will be playing 16 games. He seemed often to be one of our best linemen last year. Second, we likely have an improvement at center (Pouncey was terrible last year). I expect DD to be better after the Ab injury. Thus, I think the middle of the offensive line will be much improved. I suspect we end up taking a tackle with one of our top two picks. Put him at RT. Probably have to bring back AV (not ideal). Chucks is swing tackle. You do that and I actually think you have a solid, if not great line. I think you'll see the line hold up enough in pass pro and actually get some run blocking (especially up the middle).

3. Defense. So many resources poured into the defense yet so many fuck ups. I attribute this mostly to coaching (once again why is Spillane covering the opponent's best player). If Devin Bush is healthy (and stays healthy), then that is a big upgrade for the defense. While I don't think Bush is worth his draft spot, he can cover up absurd defensive schemes. Gotta replace Dupree. I think Highsmith shows some talent; you gotta use another top three pick on edge rusher. Also gotta think about seeing if JJ wants to play on vet min with his bros.

4. RBs -- dime a dozen. Throw something at dart board. Don't bring back Connor.

5. Dionate Johnson -- hopefully he is hitting the jugs day in and day out.

Things to be positive about

1. Think Claypool really dominates after a season in the NFL.

2. Think Ben's arm will even be stronger.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18301
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm

Calls folks dumbasses......wants us to check to see if JJ Watt will play for the vet minimum.

:lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:42 am

K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Calls folks dumbasses......wants us to check to see if JJ Watt will play for the vet minimum.

:lol:
Doesn't hurt to check :D
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

zeke5123
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 am

K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Calls folks dumbasses......wants us to check to see if JJ Watt will play for the vet minimum.

:lol:
The chief dumbass responds. Watt is almost certainly not going back to Houston. Why spend that kind of coin in a lost year anyhow? So Watt will almost certainly be released.

He has made a lot of coin during his time in the NFL; not to mention his endorsements. It might mean more to him to play with his brothers compared to pretty much anything. So yeah if money isn’t an object and he was promised 25-30 snaps a game then yeah I could see him doing it. Doesn’t mean he will but the idea that it is crazy is ignoring why Pittsburgh might be really special for JJ.

User avatar
K_C_
Posts: 18301
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by K_C_ » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:40 am

zeke5123 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 am
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Calls folks dumbasses......wants us to check to see if JJ Watt will play for the vet minimum.

:lol:
The chief dumbass responds. Watt is almost certainly not going back to Houston. Why spend that kind of coin in a lost year anyhow? So Watt will almost certainly be released.

He has made a lot of coin during his time in the NFL; not to mention his endorsements. It might mean more to him to play with his brothers compared to pretty much anything. So yeah if money isn’t an object and he was promised 25-30 snaps a game then yeah I could see him doing it. Doesn’t mean he will but the idea that it is crazy is ignoring why Pittsburgh might be really special for JJ.
You go ahead, you brainless twatwaffle and believe JJ Watt is coming to Pittsburgh for the vet minimum.

:lol:

We'll see how it works out and discuss it after, mmmkay?

:lol: :lol:
"In my opinion, he is a great motivator and good leader of men, but a shit tactician and absolutely game day imbecile".

Baltostiller

Kodiak
Posts: 18372
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 am

jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
With one exception...the final Cleveland game, with Mason Rudolph under center. And the same shitty O-line.
Canada game planned and was basically OC that game. Everything else, including the playoff, was Randy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Watt is under contract this season, so you'd first have to trade for him, then make room under the cap for whatever is left of his hit after the move.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Mick
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Mick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 am
jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
With one exception...the final Cleveland game, with Mason Rudolph under center. And the same shitty O-line.
Canada game planned and was basically OC that game. Everything else, including the playoff, was Randy.
link?

User avatar
jeemie
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by jeemie » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 am
jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
With one exception...the final Cleveland game, with Mason Rudolph under center. And the same shitty O-line.
Canada game planned and was basically OC that game. Everything else, including the playoff, was Randy.
I know.

Ask yourself why we should have any trust in Tomlin/Ben to get that ring, then. They ran the offense Randy called when it mattered. Tomlin took out Dotson and replaced him with Feiler even with plenty of evidence Dotson was playing better, when it mattered.

So this is why I am at let Ben leave now. He isn’t going out in a blaze of glory, and the quicker he’s gone, the quicker (hopefully) Mike Tomlin is gone.

User avatar
Obviously
Posts: 6948
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Obviously » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:56 pm

jeemie wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:49 pm
Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 am
jeemie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
With one exception...the final Cleveland game, with Mason Rudolph under center. And the same shitty O-line.
Canada game planned and was basically OC that game. Everything else, including the playoff, was Randy.
I know.

Ask yourself why we should have any trust in Tomlin/Ben to get that ring, then. They ran the offense Randy called when it mattered. Tomlin took out Dotson and replaced him with Feiler even with plenty of evidence Dotson was playing better, when it mattered.

So this is why I am at let Ben leave now. He isn’t going out in a blaze of glory, and the quicker he’s gone, the quicker (hopefully) Mike Tomlin is gone.
Yep, this team doesn't sniff another Lombardi with Mike Tomlin at the helm, Ben or no Ben.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

zeke5123
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by zeke5123 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm
Watt is under contract this season, so you'd first have to trade for him, then make room under the cap for whatever is left of his hit after the move.
He is owed 16m and they have zero dead money if they cut him. Since their team sucks and won’t be competitive in 2021 AND Watt made it pretty clear he won’t be there in 2022, then it is very likely they end up releasing him. The cap space is more valuable.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:08 pm

So you're saying there's a chance ;)?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

stillthere
Posts: 5209
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:37 am

Post by stillthere » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm
Watt is under contract this season, so you'd first have to trade for him, then make room under the cap for whatever is left of his hit after the move.
He is a 17million dollar cap hit in HOU if they cut him they gain all 17million back with no dead cap hit. These people talking about getting JJ Watt are talking about a post cut JJ Watt.

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 22095
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 pm

stillthere wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:23 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:19 pm
Watt is under contract this season, so you'd first have to trade for him, then make room under the cap for whatever is left of his hit after the move.
He is a 17million dollar cap hit in HOU if they cut him they gain all 17million back with no dead cap hit. These people talking about getting JJ Watt are talking about a post cut JJ Watt.
I think the chances are better that JJ might take a minimum deal than Derek's chances of being on the Steelers roster.

Mick
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Mick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 pm

In the unlikely event JJ wanted to take a min deal, i sadly think it more likely that he’d want to do it somewhere other than Pittsburgh and would try to convince TJ to threaten to Lev Bell us in 2021 unless we trade him where he wants.

User avatar
Ice
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Location: Delawhere?

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Mick wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 pm
In the unlikely event JJ wanted to take a min deal, i sadly think it more likely that he’d want to do it somewhere other than Pittsburgh and would try to convince TJ to threaten to Lev Bell us in 2021 unless we trade him where he wants.
The dual cases of Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson (and to a lesser extent, Stafford) are going to set some interesting precedents for player mobility in the NFL, leading up to some VERY interesting discussions in the next CBA negotiation.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic