Pouncey(s) Retirement Official

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
SteelerDayTrader

Re: Pouncey(s) Retirement Official

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 am

No fucking way should they make Dotson a center....he's a natural at guard......and the Steelers need ALL the help they can get.....

I would draft a placeholder center like trey hill late and look to next year and beyond for high quality centers

Silverback Attackers: Gorilla Warfare

punum123

Post by punum123 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:47 am

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:53 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:21 pm
Jobu wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:52 pm
You know, we all knew this was coming, but now that it’s official...I’m kinda sad.
He’s not going to be easily replaced.
True

Hard to find an older, poor snapping center who most closely resembled an ice skater...

When was the last time you saw a hard push forward by Pouncey in the run game?

How is it they absolutely sucked at 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s?

Pouncey WAS great. Was. It’s time. I personally welcome it.

Need a young mauler who is willing to defend blades of grass as opposed to to treating the field like a skating rink.
I had tried to forget what a paycheck thief Pouncey had become for the last several years, until the fuckhead started....wait for it....a fucking HOME PLAYOFF GAME by literally, by himself, gifting the hated Browns a free 7 points.

What a fucking cocksucker.
I gotta be honest KC...I was calling Pouncey every name in the book when it happened....but after I reran it on my DVR I was even more salty that Ben just basically stared at the ball expecting someone else to fall on it. Just as bad or worse IMO.

We lost to the Cleveland fucking browns in a post season game.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Thank you to Pouncey. For his service as a leader along the line, and for accepting when it was time to call it a career. I still wonder what might have been in XLV had he not been sidelined for that game.

I’ve heard and read good things about Quinn Meinerz. Word is that he had a strong showing at the Sr. Bowl and could be an option at C. He’s a B2B-Stater who behaves with a tenacity about him which says he is willing to earn it for the next decade or so.

Add a guy like that in Day 2, or steal him Day 3, and the Steelers tradition of quality C play continues on.

blu

Post by blu » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:15 pm

punum123 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:47 am

I gotta be honest KC...I was calling Pouncey every name in the book when it happened....but after I reran it on my DVR I was even more salty that Ben just basically stared at the ball expecting someone else to fall on it. Just as bad or worse IMO.
I hadn't wanted to mention that as there are too many good people here who want Ben back. But that bothered me more than the interceptions. Any qb who doesn't want to go all out should no longer be on the field. I wish I didn't have to state the following but is there another NFL qb who would not have been the first one to jump on the ball, of course, realizing that he'd be immediately piled on? 43 yr old Tom Brady would have done it in a heartbeat.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:31 pm

blu wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:15 pm
punum123 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:47 am

I hadn't wanted to mention that as there are too many good people here who want Ben back. But that bothered me more than the interceptions. Any qb who doesn't want to go all out should no longer be on the field. I wish I didn't have to state the following but is there another NFL qb who would not have been the first one to jump on the ball, of course, realizing that he'd be immediately piled on? 43 yr old Tom Brady would have done it in a heartbeat.
Newton did not jump on the ball in the superbowl so you can add Cam to the list of guys that would not jump on the ball.

Both Ben and Conner missed because (as a football is prone to do) the ball bounced weird.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:53 am

He had a good football career. Dawson and Webster had great careers.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:12 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:53 am
He had a good football career. Dawson and Webster had great careers.

In 11 seasons, Pouncey was a 1st team All Pro 3 times, 2nd team All Pro twice, and made the Pro Bowl 9 times. He played on a National Championship team at Florida, was an All American and a Rimington Award winner. The guy had a great football career.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic