Bibberty got serious game.

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
K_C_

Bibberty got serious game.

Post by K_C_ » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm

“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:18 pm

I’ll give him that. But if she took the bait because she thinks he’s the heir apparent in the Burgh’, well...let’s wait and see. Good looking gal though for sure.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

R_S

Post by R_S » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Just about to post this. Atta boy. Maybe he'll get some mojo.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm

R_S wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:57 pm
Just about to post this. Atta boy. Maybe he'll get some mojo.
Or get worse like Ben did when he got married.

langer

Post by langer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:01 pm

She's up there with JoJo Starbucks

"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:45 pm

The person he was rumored to be dating, the Bachelor’s Hannah Ann Sluss, ain’t no slouch either...although she appears to be up toward the top of the crazy/hot line (well, if her public persona is not merely an act).

Except she looks like she’s maybe 16?
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:15 pm

If only he had that much game on the field.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:47 pm

Wasn't the original Bachelor a failed NFL quarterback?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:20 am

jeemie wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:45 pm
The person he was rumored to be dating, the Bachelor’s Hannah Ann Sluss, ain’t no slouch either...although she appears to be up toward the top of the crazy/hot line (well, if her public persona is not merely an act).

Except she looks like she’s maybe 16?
No idea who she was so i googled her. People article about her hanging and hugging on Josh Dobbs in a Knoxville bar from March 2020. Then. TMZ article of her hanging with Mason in LA from the end of April 2020........hmmm..
Duck's turn to hit it next I guess.

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Also, Bibberty's gf has bigger quads and better definition. Has he ever lifted a weight? Shes a thoroughbred, he is veal.

Post by 955876 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Fucking hate veal.

When I was in boot camp for the Marines one of the better lunches served in the chow hall was a chicken patty sandwich.

Universally liked.

Sometimes when lining up you’d see the patties and think awesome, chicken sandwich day. Hey it’s boot camp, small things like that matter.

But when getting closer the reality would hit that it wasn’t the chicken patty but the much worse veal patty. And the veal patty served in USMC boot camp wasn’t very good.

Plus it’s a fucked up way to treat an animal.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Here is a serious question. If you were a Steeler fan and were in a coma for the 2019 season and did not see Rudolph play at all, but then came out of the coma and saw the last game of the season of 2020, what would your reaction of Mason Rudolph be??

I have said this before but it takes time for players to develop, and I am willing to give players that time to fully show what they are or are not. Rudolph had a rough 2019 season to be sure, but it was his first ever NFL game action as a starter. You had Conner and JuJu miss what?, a collective 10 games? You had a reshuffled O-line with vets missing games and with their play declining rapidly before our eyes. There was no Chase Claypool out there, there was no Eric Ebron, instead we had people like Donte Moncrief, Ryan Switzer, Xavier Grimble, etc. He had that scary injury against the Ravens, he had the Garrett helmet assassination attempt and then the character assassination campaign afterwards. Also he had no QB coach.

Now fast forward a year to 2020.

That last game of the regular season against Cleveland, in looking back at it, watching it again, I am intrigued by it, by what I saw of Rudolph. He was more composed, more poised, he was more aggressive in pushing the ball down the field, in taking those deep shots. He was throwing a lively ball that was enabling his WRs to run after the catch. This was not some meaningless game for Cleveland. They were in the playoff hunt, they wanted to put an exclamation point on their season at that point by beating a hated division rival. Rudolph played well.

All of that with no preseason, with whatever scraps he got in practice during the year. I do think Canada made him better, more comfortable as a player, what might he be able to do with Rudolph moving forward?

Yes, Rudolph does not have Ben's arm, he still looks too thin with no strength in his lower body. But, he does seem to have a work ethic and appears to want to do whatever it takes to maximize his potential. I honestly think that he will be the bridge QB that the Steelers will roll with after Ben is gone.

The planets and stars may not align quickly to replace Ben with another first round pick and Rudolph may be the starter for a couple years and may even still start when we finally do draft a first round QB as they will probably let him sit and learn as a rookie.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:03 pm

Scunge wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:40 pm
Here is a serious question. If you were a Steeler fan and were in a coma for the 2019 season and did not see Rudolph play at all, but then came out of the coma and saw the last game of the season of 2020, what would your reaction of Mason Rudolph be??

I have said this before but it takes time for players to develop, and I am willing to give players that time to fully show what they are or are not. Rudolph had a rough 2019 season to be sure, but it was his first ever NFL game action as a starter. You had Conner and JuJu miss what?, a collective 10 games? You had a reshuffled O-line with vets missing games and with their play declining rapidly before our eyes. There was no Chase Claypool out there, there was no Eric Ebron, instead we had people like Donte Moncrief, Ryan Switzer, Xavier Grimble, etc. He had that scary injury against the Ravens, he had the Garrett helmet assassination attempt and then the character assassination campaign afterwards. Also he had no QB coach.

Now fast forward a year to 2020.

That last game of the regular season against Cleveland, in looking back at it, watching it again, I am intrigued by it, by what I saw of Rudolph. He was more composed, more poised, he was more aggressive in pushing the ball down the field, in taking those deep shots. He was throwing a lively ball that was enabling his WRs to run after the catch. This was not some meaningless game for Cleveland. They were in the playoff hunt, they wanted to put an exclamation point on their season at that point by beating a hated division rival. Rudolph played well.

All of that with no preseason, with whatever scraps he got in practice during the year. I do think Canada made him better, more comfortable as a player, what might he be able to do with Rudolph moving forward?

Yes, Rudolph does not have Ben's arm, he still looks too thin with no strength in his lower body. But, he does seem to have a work ethic and appears to want to do whatever it takes to maximize his potential. I honestly think that he will be the bridge QB that the Steelers will roll with after Ben is gone.

The planets and stars may not align quickly to replace Ben with another first round pick and Rudolph may be the starter for a couple years and may even still start when we finally do draft a first round QB as they will probably let him sit and learn as a rookie.
As some here have said, I believe the Steelers like Mason Rudolph a whole lot more than people think and that excellent game he played vs Cleveland (with frequent interruptions, normally coming after big plays by Rudolph, where Dobbs was inserted to, basically, run the ball) likely sealed the fact that the Steelers are going to give Mason the first opportunity to be "the guy", when Ben hangs 'em up.

That is 100% why I disagree with B2B that the Steelers would look to sign a veteran signal caller should Ben decide to hang 'em up prior to this upcoming season or if the Steelers cut him.

One other thing I'll add.....

Mason looked pretty good prior to the Earl Thomas hit that knocked the living fuck out of him.

Did he look "Ben good"? Of course not, but he looked competent and aggressive. Played with a lot of confidence. The kind of confidence we saw in that Cleveland game once again.

After the Thomas hit Mason played scared shitless and frankly, I couldn't blame him.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:02 am

Totally agree with your point about how fucked up that was in bringing Dobbs in after Mason made a huge play. It made no sense and probably cost us the game. How do you take a QB with a hot hand OFF the field to insert a QB who is going to run with the ball??

2nd quarter

Mason throws a nice deep strike down the right side to Diontae Johson for 41 yards. It was 3rd and 11, the Steelers were down 10-0 to Cleveland. That was a big time throw.

What do the Steelers do on the next two plays at the Browns 25 yard line? They take Mason off the field and insert Josh Dobbs. That drive stalls and they kick a field goal.

2nd quarter, 1:42 left before the half, we are trailing 10-3.

It is 3rd and 9, Mason completed a nice 26 yard pass to JuJu as he is able to catch the ball and run after the catch, looking like the JuJu of old and not the second coming of the old Heath Miller/Hines Ward. We are now at the Cleveland 32 yard line.

They again take Mason off the field on 3rd down for Dobbs and the drive stalls and ends with a FG.

In the first half, Mason was doing playing well on 3rd downs.

It was 3rd and 4 and he completed a pass to Claypool for 13 yards.
It was 3rd and 8 and he completed a pass to Claypool for 9 yards.
It was 3rd and 9 and he completed a pass to JuJu for 26 yards.
It was 3rd and 11 and he completed a pass to DJ for 41 yards.

Yes, he did have a 3rd and 5 and a 3rd and 9 that went incomplete. But why would you take him off the field for Dobbs when Mason clearly was in a zone, had that hot hand??

Wait it gets worse in the second half!!

3rd quarter, 10:19 mark, Mason on 3rd and 7 at the Pittsburgh 23, completes a nice 41 yard pass to Chase Claypool.

Dobbs is immediately put on the field and throws an incomplete pass at the Browns 36 yard line. Mason playing with this messed up handicap all game, now only has two plays to work with to get the first down. They only get 8 yards and end up kicking a field goal. We are now down 10-9.

Mason does throw that INT and it did hurt and the Browns widen the gap, it is now 24-9.

Mason though does not quit. We start out at our 25 yard line, we get to the 50 yard line and then the Steelers/Tomlin again put Dobbs out there. A one yard run by Conner, a 3 yard pass by Dobbs and then Mason takes the field staring at 3rd and 6. He throws an incomplete pass to Kevin Rader but on 4th and 6 completes an 8 yard pass to DJ.

Later in that drive Mason completes a 28 yard TD to Chase Claypool on 4th and 10.

Score is now 24-16.

Mason on the last drive throws another beautiful deep pass to DJ for 47 yards.

Quick side note here, damn, look at all of this deep passing, 47 yards and 41 yards to DJ, 41 yards and 28 yards to Claypool, even 26 yards to JuJu.

So, again, what do the Steelers do here at the Browns 10 yard line with 3:02 left and two timeouts? They put Dobbs back on the field!!

Mason finally gets back on the field and he throws a 2 yard TD to JuJu.

The 2 point fails, we lose 24-22.

Now, if I am Mason after the game I am pissed. It is almost like Mason didn't get the memo from the coaching staff that we were supposed to lose the game on purpose. And damn if them inserting Dobbs after every big Mason pass play was them doing just that.

If Dobbs had stood on the sidelines, and Mason taken every snap, we probably win that game.

Post by 955876 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Good post Scunge.

Reinforces what a blithering game day idiot Tomlin is.

As I’ve said before, the players on this team must not only beat their opponent on game day but also their own incompetent staff.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Perch's quote on the subject really says it all in that regard.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:17 am

"Yes, Rudolph does not have Ben's arm"

Ben's arm was really Ben's legs, or the legs he used to have. He's actually not that accurate beyond 35 yards and throws an ugly spiral. What made those passes work was giving his WRs time to separate.

Mason's long touch passes are actually far more accurate than Ben's. Take a lot at that one throw in the CLE game which was a pass Ben cannot make.

Ben had a great career but he never had that deep accurate cannon of Bradshaw or Rodgers.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:32 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:17 am

Ben's arm was really Ben's legs, or the legs he used to have. He's actually not that accurate beyond 35 yards and throws an ugly spiral. What made those passes work was giving his WRs time to separate.

Mason's long touch passes are actually far more accurate than Ben's. Take a lot at that one throw in the CLE game which was a pass Ben cannot make.

Ben had a great career but he never had that deep accurate cannon of Bradshaw or Rodgers.
:roll:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:41 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:32 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:17 am

:roll:
The deep balls Rudolph hit in that Cleveland game were the best seen from a Steelers QB all year. By a significant margin.

Rudolph struggles with the intermediate throws outside the hashes, because of Mason’s lack of arm strength, but his deep ball, especially last season, was far better than Ben’s.

Harvey Woodlawn

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:55 pm

You want to know what was really messed up about that last game too?? The old Vance Mcdonald showed up again! You know the one who could catch the ball and break tackles and be physical after the catch.

Vance only had 10 catches with Ben all year but then in one game, his last game, with Rudolph throwing to him, he had 5 catches. So much for Ben getting the most out of his receivers. It is funny, what would Rudolph had done if he had Vance and Ebron both active that game?

When Rudolph started half the games in 2019, Jaylin Samuels had 47 catches as the 3rd down receiving back. He looked pretty respectable doing it. Yet with Ben this past year, Jaylin Samuels had 9 catches.

Ben was all about playing shotgun and using 3 wides and if you count Ebron it was practically like playing a 4 wide receiver offense. He wasn't interested in getting Vance McDonald involved, wasn't interested in getting the RBs involved, no Jaylin Samuels.

Since Canada coached Samuels in college, might he not give him one last chance to show that he can be a part of this offense??

Is Canada going to amp up more of the pressnap motion?? Insist that Ben be more mobile, line up under center more? Do more play action?? Does Ben have the legs for this anymore??

I just see Ben coming back and Canada having to bite his tongue and be limited in what he wants to do on offense because of Ben's lack of mobility and resistance to change and frustration with having so many new faces on offense, in particular the offensive line.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 am

I am actually fine with Ben playing or not. I would prefer he play and we get the final season. He has to run Canada's system though. If we have him drawing up shit in the sand again next year then we got big problems.

Letting Rudolph start all of next season would probably be in the best interest of the franchise. They would get a full year to watch him play and if he sucks then the tank is over and you have a top 10 pick possibly top 5. Rudolph playing well and winning 9 or more games then you can decide what his value is or tag him either transition tag or franchise tag depending on what happens with the coaching situation after the season. Tomlin may like Rudolph but if he is gone then maybe the new coach does not care for him.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:10 pm

Scunge wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:55 pm
You want to know what was really messed up about that last game too?? The old Vance Mcdonald showed up again! You know the one who could catch the ball and break tackles and be physical after the catch.

Vance only had 10 catches with Ben all year but then in one game, his last game, with Rudolph throwing to him, he had 5 catches. So much for Ben getting the most out of his receivers. It is funny, what would Rudolph had done if he had Vance and Ebron both active that game?

When Rudolph started half the games in 2019, Jaylin Samuels had 47 catches as the 3rd down receiving back. He looked pretty respectable doing it. Yet with Ben this past year, Jaylin Samuels had 9 catches.

Ben was all about playing shotgun and using 3 wides and if you count Ebron it was practically like playing a 4 wide receiver offense. He wasn't interested in getting Vance McDonald involved, wasn't interested in getting the RBs involved, no Jaylin Samuels.

Since Canada coached Samuels in college, might he not give him one last chance to show that he can be a part of this offense??

Is Canada going to amp up more of the pressnap motion?? Insist that Ben be more mobile, line up under center more? Do more play action?? Does Ben have the legs for this anymore??

I just see Ben coming back and Canada having to bite his tongue and be limited in what he wants to do on offense because of Ben's lack of mobility and resistance to change and frustration with having so many new faces on offense, in particular the offensive line.
Some great points here, Scunge and it is pretty flabbergasting what happened with certain players during the Mason/Duck year and how they performed this past season with Ben.

Before Rudolph was injured in the Ravens game 2 years ago, he had a great rapport with McDonald. Ben obviously preferred throwing to Ebron and Ben DEFINITELY didn't use the RB's in the passing game as well as he could.

To be fair, our backs REALLY sucked this past season but Samuels and a guy like McFarland definitely could have been used differently in the passing game....but they weren't.

Whether Ben is back or not, that needs to change.
Last edited by K_C_ on Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:13 pm

stillthere wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 am
I am actually fine with Ben playing or not. I would prefer he play and we get the final season. He has to run Canada's system though. If we have him drawing up shit in the sand again next year then we got big problems.

Letting Rudolph start all of next season would probably be in the best interest of the franchise. They would get a full year to watch him play and if he sucks then the tank is over and you have a top 10 pick possibly top 5. Rudolph playing well and winning 9 or more games then you can decide what his value is or tag him either transition tag or franchise tag depending on what happens with the coaching situation after the season. Tomlin may like Rudolph but if he is gone then maybe the new coach does not care for him.
You just explained where I am significantly better than I could have myself.

I prefer Ben coming back for a last go round, but I just have a really bad feeling it is going to be a really bad final season and at the end of it, we're not going to know what is going on with the QB position. Whether Mason should be the bridge guy or if Haskins has what it takes.

Hopefully Ben will surprise with a new coordinator, new RB, new TE, and some new o-linemen. Maybe even a new WR if JuJu heads elsewhere.

Harvey Woodlawn

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Scunge wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:55 pm

This is some nice revisionist history, but whatever.

First, were those passes to Samuels effective in 2019? I can count basically 1 decent game Rudolph had that year, and it was against the Bengals.

Second, Ben doesn't pick who is inserted into the lineup. There was a bid difference between 2019 and 2020 in terms of TE play -- Eric Ebron wasn't here in 2019. Likewise, there were more RBs in 2020 to play as opposed to 2019.

This is why people hate Steelers fans. Guys are legit trying to argue Rudolph added more to this offense because of passes to Samuels in 2019 and one game with Vance McDonald in 2020.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:09 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:10 pm
Before Rudolph was injured in the Ravens game 2 years ago, he had a great rapport with McDonald. Ben obviously preferred throwing to Ebron and Ben DEFINITELY didn't use the RB's in the passing game as well as he could.
Ebron significantly faster than Vance both in straight line speed and in and out of breaks. It makes sense but the concept of Vance being basically written out of the passing game is pretty fucked up. Look at TB Brate and Gronk made plays and Howard before he got hurt. They utilized depth and we don't for some reason. When James was the backup TE he still contributed with some plays every other or every 3rd game at the worst. Everything Steelers Offense seemed to go backwards last year.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:02 pm

First, were those passes to Samuels effective in 2019? I can count basically 1 decent game Rudolph had that year, and it was against the Bengals
Rudolph was having a very good game vs the Ravens before the Thomas hit. His QBR was better than Duck's and Hodges should have been a winner in that game had fucking JuJu not fumbled on the way to the game winning field goal.

Rudolph should have won the Seahawks game had fucking Moncrief not "Moncriefed" Mason with possibly the most moronic pick 6 in history AND had Edmunds actually attempted to cover ANYBODY that day. Mason and McDonald looked great that day.

Rudolph would have beat San Fran as the Steelers had the lead and the ball late, before James "I like puttin' on the ground" Conner not snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Can't wait to see that cocksucker in another uniform next year.

Oh and while Mason was plagued by an unbelievable amount of BAD fucking drops in the Rams game, he still played well enough to win and the Steelers did just that.

....then we have the Cleveland game this year, where Mason showed a bunch of improvement over pretty much every game from the previous season.

I also have a feeling we're going to get the chance to see more Mason this upcoming season, than most here would like. Don't be surprised if it happens.

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIscwUI ... hannel=NFL

Rudolph played damn well coming in cold after Ben left with his season ending injury vs Seattle.

Need proof? Here's the highlights.

Vance McD with 2 TD grabs!

Harvey Woodlawn

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:22 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

First, were those passes to Samuels effective in 2019? I can count basically 1 decent game Rudolph had that year, and it was against the Bengals
Rudolph was having a very good game vs the Ravens before the Thomas hit. His QBR was better than Duck's and Hodges should have been a winner in that game had fucking JuJu not fumbled on the way to the game winning field goal.

Rudolph should have won the Seahawks game had fucking Moncrief not "Moncriefed" Mason with possibly the most moronic pick 6 in history AND had Edmunds actually attempted to cover ANYBODY that day. Mason and McDonald looked great that day.

Rudolph would have beat San Fran as the Steelers had the lead and the ball late, before James "I like puttin' on the ground" Conner not snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Can't wait to see that cocksucker in another uniform next year.

Oh and while Mason was plagued by an unbelievable amount of BAD fucking drops in the Rams game, he still played well enough to win and the Steelers did just that.

....then we have the Cleveland game this year, where Mason showed a bunch of improvement over pretty much every game from the previous season.

I also have a feeling we're going to get the chance to see more Mason this upcoming season, than most here would like. Don't be surprised if it happens.
Rudolph was having an okay game against the Ravens. But of course didn’t finish the game so who knows. It wasn’t outstanding.

Against the Niners, Rudolph didn’t do anything great. The Steelers D had I think five turnovers if memory serves.

Seahawks he was pretty solid in albeit backup QBs coming into games generally are.

So you basically have at most 8 quarters of good play and many more quarters of bad or terrible play.

Also re Rams — he was able to win that game because the Steelers defense was incredible. Rudolph was terrible.

As for the bad drops, see this year’s second Ravens game.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:52 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:22 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

Rudolph was having an okay game against the Ravens. But of course didn’t finish the game so who knows. It wasn’t outstanding.

Against the Niners, Rudolph didn’t do anything great. The Steelers D had I think five turnovers if memory serves.

Seahawks he was pretty solid in albeit backup QBs coming into games generally are.

So you basically have at most 8 quarters of good play and many more quarters of bad or terrible play.

Also re Rams — he was able to win that game because the Steelers defense was incredible. Rudolph was terrible.

As for the bad drops, see this year’s second Ravens game.
I was listening to the Steelers/Rams game coming back from the airport before re-watching the game after I got home.

Tunch and Wolfley were raving about Rudolph's toughness in that game and HAMMERING the Steelers receivers for horrible drops.

I found out later exactly what they meant.

As for Rudolph not doing anything great vs the Niners in that loss (which again, should have been a win if Conner doesn't fumble with the lead and the ball) Rudolph dropped a SURGICALLY FUCKING PRECISE DIME on an intermediate route to JuJu that he turned into a long Touchdown (6:18 mark on the highlight video) and he threw another BEAUTIFUL deep ball to a wide open Diontae for another score (8:10 mark). Rudolph wasn't great by any means in that game, but he should have been a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqmQZ1 ... hannel=NFL

Guys like JuJu, Conner and Moncrief had far more to do with the Steelers missing the playoffs that year than the QB play.

Harvey Woodlawn

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:11 am

Revisionism has nothing to do with anything.

There were many quotes at the end of the year where defensive players were talking about how easy it was to defend against Ben and our offense. When you go to a 4 WR offense (I am counting Ebron as that 4th WR) and you exclude Vance McDonald, Jaylin Samuels, the other skill positions players outside of those 4 WRs, yes, it makes you predictable and easier to stop.

If the Steelers and Canada want to do things that are outside of Ben's current wheelhouse, then yes, it is not a stretch to think that a more mobile QB might be able to run that offense better. Now whether that offense will score more points than a Ben 4 WR offense is another story. But that is part of the ongoing story, maybe the Steelers/Tomlin want to have more ball control, more time of possession, to rest their defense and don't value a high scoring 4 WR offense.

I am not going to change any of the Pro Ben types. They want him to play forever, will never see any decline in his game, think he should decide when it is time to retire, that the team should shut the fuck up and get on their knees and kiss his feet every day.

I am old school, I am like Chuck Noll. Every player has their time come and they need to get on with their life's work as Chuck used to say.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic