Steelers vs Bengals Game Comments

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Jobu

Re: Steelers vs Bengals Game Comments

Post by Jobu » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm

The play before Tuckers kick, the rats tried to run a play to get closer. The play clock was at zero for a good three seconds before the snap. No flag, no whistle…no comment from the announcers. Tuckers kick hit the crossbar snd bounced over.

“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm
Pabst wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:11 pm
Also, KC just lost to the Chargers
1-2....just like us.

Something has to change soon. This offense is not a fit for our personnel. Either put in Rudolph, or fire Canada.
I will be gobsmacked if Tomlin does either. Both are too bold for him to even imagine how to begin contemplating.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm
Did she pick up tips from your whore mother?
No, why would my mother share tips with you crackwhore mom?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

langer

Post by langer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Najee is looking pretty much bust today...sad to see.

And Dionte was out, as a direct result from Coach Dummy's stupid call. What a mess this team is.

The Bungles could have really murdered them if they were just a bit better. Rodgers might put up a 1000 yards on this team.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 pm
Did she pick up tips from your whore mother?
No, why would my mother share tips with you crackwhore mom?
Meth whores like your mother are normally very giving.

:lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Everybody hold on and remember this.....

Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season.

Things are going to be fine.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
I will be gobsmacked if Tomlin does either. Both are too bold for him to even imagine how to begin contemplating.
I don't disagree. Rudolph, of course, is just a distraction. He sucks. But Tomlin isn't an offensive guy, never was and never tried to become one. I think, at this point, Ben is more likely to suddenly retire than Tomlin is to address the elephant in the room.

langer

Post by langer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm

“I could comb through it with a whole bunch of minutia, but the bottom line is popcorn.“
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm

langer wrote:
Najee is looking pretty much bust today...sad to see.

And Dionte was out, as a direct result from Coach Dummy's stupid call. What a mess this team is.

The Bungles could have really murdered them if they were just a bit better. Rodgers might put up a 1000 yards on this team.
The line is too shitty to call Harris a bust, imo.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:17 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm
I never had a mom who was a meth whore. I'll have to take your word for it.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:17 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm
I never had a mom who was a meth whore. I'll have to take your word for it.
Oh, she didn't tell you?

:lol:

Quite the door slammer performances today from Harvin and Roethlisberger.

I can't wait to get STD's take!

Harvey Woodlawn

langer

Post by langer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm
Perhaps, those drops were on him and pathetic to see out of a number 1. And not much happening after the catch.

Lev Bell would have made something out of those catches.

langer

Post by langer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm

“There are different points along the journey where you get a chance to learn about yourself, who you are, what you’re made of individually and collectively, and it takes the journey to reveal that. We’re faced with a loss now, so we have an opportunity to smile in the face of it.”

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:19 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:
1-2....just like us.

Something has to change soon. This offense is not a fit for our personnel. Either put in Rudolph, or fire Canada.
I honestly don’t think there is anything within the realm of possibilities to fix this team.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:20 pm

langer wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm
Perhaps, those drops were on him and pathetic to see out of a number 1. And not much happening after the catch.

Lev Bell would have made something out of those catches.
Lev Bell, with the way he ran, would have had negative yards rushing today.

Najee had some very bad drops at the end, but also had some fantastic catches.

He might already be our best offensive player.

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:20 pm

In fact, while I’m in the Ben is greatly diminished camp, the line is so bad, the play calling so seemingly poorly matched to skill personnel, I have no idea just how bad Ben may or may not be.

The offense is a shit parade. You can’t hand out first prize to any given float bc they all look deserving.

Tomlin has his work cut out for him Bc body language looks like a team on the edge of the abyss.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Oh, she didn't tell you?
Did your wife tell you?

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:
1-2....just like us.

Completely agree.

Going to be a strange season....Kansas City's defense fucking sucks.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm

langer wrote:
“There are different points along the journey where you get a chance to learn about yourself, who you are, what you’re made of individually and collectively, and it takes the journey to reveal that. We’re faced with a loss now, so we have an opportunity to smile in the face of it.”
Tomlin would never say something so coherent.
He will blabber some made up bullshit cliche’s…the Pittsburgh media will gulp it up, then slobber all over his words all week. The guy is such a fucking joke…
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm

He said they didn't play or coach well enough and that penalties killed drives in the first half. He was questioned about the time out call and he said he didn't recall the situation they were asking about. Told the players to absorb the negativity that comes with the loss, keep their mouths shut and resolve to play better. That's about it.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm
He said they didn't play or coach well enough and that penalties killed drives in the first half. He was questioned about the time out call and he said he didn't recall the situation they were asking about. Told the players to absorb the negativity that comes with the loss, keep their mouths shut and resolve to play better. That's about it.
So, basically the normal "dear in the headlights" post-game presser we've come to expect....

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Remember when those around here who wanted Ben to sail off into the sunset were called unappreciative idiots?

Praying for a complete implosion. I do not want the rebuild delayed any longer.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Sure hope Tomlin absorbs WHY they fucking lost so there is snowball chance in hell he improves the team.

Dumpster fire out there!

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:27 pm

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:26 pm
Sure hope Tomlin absorbs WHY they fucking lost so there is snowball chance in hell he improves the team.
Sounds like something George Bailey would say...

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:27 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm
Remember when those around here who wanted Ben to sail off into the sunset were called unappreciative idiots?

Praying for a complete implosion. I do not want the rebuild delayed any longer.
D line and secondary are going to need an overhaul soon. A very special defense has already been wasted.

Also, unless the rebuild includes a new HC…
Last edited by Professor Half Wit on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm
RemoAZ wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm
So, basically the normal "dear in the headlights" post-game presser we've come to expect....
Yep. He had zero answers as to why the offense continues to suck. He basically said they had run out of plays on that 4th and goal play and that Cincinati's defense had a "picket line at the goal line" to stop the play. He either doesn't want to air the dirty laundry in public or seriously thinks the offense is fine.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Stillerz Bar

Post by Stillerz Bar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 pm

To be honest, with all of the key injuries I was expecting a loss today. Even so, this was embarrassing!!

Ben did not play well though he somehow got over 300 passing yards.

The D was slightly below mediocre against an offense that isn't that impressive. The real killer there was the TD in under 30 seconds before halftime.

Play calling was horrific!! To not even get the ball to the EZ on 3rd or 4th down when you have to have a TD with 3 minutes left is inexcusable.

All in all what I saw today made me sick to my stomach!!

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Mick wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:04 pm
Mike Tomlin is the worst.

Who supports him on this site? STD and El Kabong?
i’ll quote myself so y’all can make fun of me if you’d like. But feels like the one direction fingers aren’t being pointed at deserves the most blane for this.
Mick wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 pm
Orangesteel wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:37 pm
Is STD the only Tomlin defender left?
i’ll still count myself as a defender.

Seems pretty obvious that to me that the main problem with this team is the oline, coming after an offseason where we came out of a season where we clearly had the worst oline in the league, lost a bunch of starters, and then made exactly 0 effort to improve/upgrade.

And you never hear a peep of criticism about the roster management brilliance behind those decisions, just a bunch of hate toward the HC/OC/QB/RB/WRs who are struggling to put up good production with one of the worst olines ever to play the game.
Nobody is suggesting the O line isn't the problem. I think the O line coach needs to be fired. It's not like there isn't talent on the line. They aren't being coached, and since it's a team sport, there is blame to go around. BR made stupid decisions/ bad throws/ isn't mobile/ doesn't trust his judgement or the WR to make plays. WR's aren't getting separation and crucial 3rd downs passes are being dropped. Lack of communication between QB and WR's. Canada's offense sucks donkey dick

Tomlin's game day dumbfuckery notwithstanding.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Looks like they are already in rebuild mode.

That offensive performance was pathetic.

Thought Najee looked like one of the best offensive players most of today.

He was struggling a bit towards the end of the game.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Steeler Owl

Post by Steeler Owl » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:54 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm
langer wrote:
Tomlin would never say something so coherent.
He will blabber some made up bullshit cliche’s…the Pittsburgh media will gulp it up, then slobber all over his words all week. The guy is such a fucking joke…
But Tomlin DID say that. After last years first loss I believe. In fact, arent all of langer's quotes here from Tomlin?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic