Im excited to watch this team

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
SteelerDayTrader

Im excited to watch this team

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:39 pm

Ultimately I think it’s gonna be a weak year but lots of new blood floating around

If they could land another solid piece on the D and 1 solid OL I’d feel like we have a punchers chance

I’m gonna enjoy the season while I can

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 pm

Trainwrecks are hard to look away from.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:34 pm

Other than left tackle, i think this team is solid everywhere and can go as far as the QB play can take us. Which, other than the left tackle, is all you can ask for a team the first year in to replacing a HoF QB.

Other than left tackle.

langer

Post by langer » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:34 pm

I’m waiting for Kenny to get thrown in there. The crowd will go bananas. That’s something to look forward to.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm

Mick wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:34 pm
Other than left tackle, i think this team is solid everywhere and can go as far as the QB play can take us. Which, other than the left tackle, is all you can ask for a team the first year in to replacing a HoF QB.

Other than left tackle.
You comfortable with LG?

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:52 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm
Mick wrote:

Other than left tackle.
You comfortable with LG?
Dotson, yes. He was an island of mediocrity last season between the wrecks at LT, OC, and RG.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:38 am

Mick wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:52 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm
Mick wrote:

Other than left tackle.
You comfortable with LG?
Dotson, yes. He was an island of mediocrity last season between the wrecks at LT, OC, and RG.
Ok good. Hopefully they start to click. I think if they can be avg or better than last yr, our O will be ok. They just cant be the dumpster fire we saw in the preseason.

breeze

Post by breeze » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 pm

It’s exciting. Funny how there was little hope last season and for the upcoming 2022 season. Somehow, the playoff happened despite the personnel shortcomings. This year, with the tough schedule, the level of competition in the AFC North, QB questions, pissy run defense, run blocking and pass defense, it seemed like a dark period was coming. And just like that, Steeler Nation is excited for the future.
- - - -

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 pm

I will watch as always every week
Be an irrational homer and scream during games
and hope to be wrong about Harris and Pickett and Tomlin
Though I am sure I am not wrong about Tomlin

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:56 am

Mick wrote:

Other than left tackle.
Are you familiar with the ILB position?

And if Watt, Heyward, Alualu, or Minkah miss any significant time or play with injuries that take away their peak performance, that "solid" everywhere perception is going to fall to pieces.

And let's not get started on the coaching game philosophy/OC.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:59 am

breeze wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 pm
It’s exciting. Funny how there was little hope last season and for the upcoming 2022 season. Somehow, the playoff happened despite the personnel shortcomings. This year, with the tough schedule, the level of competition in the AFC North, QB questions, pissy run defense, run blocking and pass defense, it seemed like a dark period was coming. And just like that, Steeler Nation is excited for the future.
6-2 in 4th quarter comeback opportunities last year ain't walking through the door.

I mean, I could definitely see a scenario where they play some solid football early on D, insert 8, have a little run that gets the hopes up, then fade at the end of the year as injuries and inexperience wear down an impossibly thin margin.

If they're better than that, I'll be thrilled to be wrong... but I expect them to get shellacked in Cincy.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:13 pm

6-2 in 4th quarter comeback opportunities last year ain't walking through the door.
Perhaps this years offense will do something in the first 3 quarters making all those 4th quarter comeback opportunities unnecessary
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:55 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:59 am
breeze wrote:

I mean, I could definitely see a scenario where they play some solid football early on D, insert 8, have a little run that gets the hopes up, then fade at the end of the year as injuries and inexperience wear down an impossibly thin margin.

If they're better than that, I'll be thrilled to be wrong... but I expect them to get shellacked in Cincy.
You've really turned into a negative nancy. Holy shit. But ok.

Yeah, I think they'll get shellacked in cincy as well. 8-)
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:15 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
breeze wrote:

That's what we all thought last year when we started in Buffalo and we know how that ended. I am excited as well. I think Mitch may have a Gannon resurgence. Da Bears was a black hole for offense and he led them to 2 play-off games. There's actually talent on the offensive side of the ball and our QB's aren't statues.
Last edited by gojira5150 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obliteration Is Imminent

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:16 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:15 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
breeze wrote:

That's what we all thought last year when we started in Buffalo and we know how that ended. I am excited as well. I think Mitch may have a Gannon resurgence. Da Bears was a black hole for offense and he led them to 2 play-off games. There's actually talent on the offensive side of the ball and our QB's aren't statues.
Last edited by gojira5150 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obliteration Is Imminent

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:17 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Obliteration Is Imminent

jewelsongs

Post by jewelsongs » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:52 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:55 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
breeze wrote:

You've really turned into a negative nancy. Holy shit. But ok.

Yeah, I think they'll get shellacked in cincy as well. 8-)
They were shellacked by Cinci twice last year with Saint Ben at QB. We can't do worse this year.

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:52 am

Remaining cautiously optimistic, albeit with a couple more reservations than I had before preseason.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:19 pm

I'm guardedly optomistic going into the season- but as with everyone else, the holes in the roster are pretty concerning.

I feel like the weapons on Offense and a QB that is more mobile than the statue of Ben, plus the ability or willingness to push the ball down the field, will greatly help on that side of the ball.

But

To me the concern is still, stopping the run. The situation at ILB is pathetic. As in, they have one legit starting ILB on the roster. If Myles Jack goes down - they are effed.

Lastly, I'm staying optimistic regarding Tomlin's performance this season. I'm going in with the position that much of the prior seasons struggles were more a reflection of Ben and his issues, than Tomlin. This means, playing like shit on the road. Complete inability to run a scripted offense, specifically when under center. In addition to his inability to effectively run play action. All of those things added up to an abysmal offensive performance, and the need for the 4th quarter heroics.

Anyway- this is the first season it's all on Tomlin.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:34 pm

I'm excited to see the new ways Tomlin will bumble through the season

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic