Kenny - For the haterz

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
PennyBacker

Re: Kenny - For the haterz

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:52 pm

I’ve always believed it to be very difficult to compare players from different eras, but comparing styles of play, that’s very possible.

To that end, Kenny Pickett flawlessly executed the Ben Roethlisberger rookie game plan in Indianapolis. Rely upon your running game and defense to do their jobs, no catastrophic turnovers, and most importantly, make some clutch plays along the way to help win the game.

Pickett isn’t going to have a flawless 13-0 regular season record as a rookie, but he can absolutely play winning football by executing the exact same game plan Roethlisberger was so successful with. If he does that from here on out, that says to me he's right where he needs to be in the development process.

Post by 955876 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:35 am

Kenny Pickett leads the NFL this season in completion percentage when blitzed.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:43 am

955876 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:35 am
Kenny Pickett leads the NFL this season in completion percentage when blitzed.
If that stat is from PFF I don’t trust it lol
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post by 955876 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:08 am

I don’t care if you wanna poo poo it or not and then throw gorilla shit.

Regardless of what metrics were used, he’s at the top.

I mean, I guess I could have been the bearer of bad news and posted “Kenny Picket worst in the NFL against the blitz” and then you could have come in here and celebrated.

I’m just sharing news. This is good news.

KP is not without any redeemable qualities.

For me, my only concern is literally just arm strength. I think he’s just a cunt hair shy of what will ultimately be needed when it matters most at some point in time in the future.

But that just me.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:07 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:08 am
I don’t care if you wanna poo poo it or not and then throw gorilla shit.

Regardless of what metrics were used, he’s at the top.

I mean, I guess I could have been the bearer of bad news and posted “Kenny Picket worst in the NFL against the blitz” and then you could have come in here and celebrated.

I’m just sharing news. This is good news.

KP is not without any redeemable qualities.

For me, my only concern is literally just arm strength. I think he’s just a cunt hair shy of what will ultimately be needed when it matters most at some point in time in the future.

But that just me.
Pickett doesn't have John Elway's arm strength. That's for goddamn sure but I'll tell ya, as Pickett has grown more confident, he's been firing some serious bullets lately.

Whether some here like it or not.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:51 pm

I’m in the Kenny Pickett camp

All in, want him to do well and succeed

Would like to see a little more in terms of his deep ball

And I’d define “a little more” as zip, tighter spiral, better accuracy.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:52 pm
but he can absolutely play winning football by executing the exact same game plan Roethlisberger was so successful with.
I don't know what games you're watching or thinking of, but Kenny and his 6.0 YPA is nothing like the offense Ben ran in 2004 with 8.9 YPA.

Ben in 2004 was a fucking playmaker that attacked downfield every time he threw it. 3rd and 15? He threw past the sticks.

Checkdown, risk-averse Kenny is EXACTLY what Tomlin wants from his offense. No need to gaslight people pretending Kenny is doing things he isn't. He's handcuffed by a couple of morons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm
PennyBacker wrote:
but he can absolutely play winning football by executing the exact same game plan Roethlisberger was so successful with.
I don't know what games you're watching or thinking of, but Kenny and his 6.0 YPA is nothing like the offense Ben ran in 2004 with 8.9 YPA.

Ben in 2004 was a fucking playmaker that attacked downfield every time he threw it. 3rd and 15? He threw past the sticks.

Checkdown, risk-averse Kenny is EXACTLY what Tomlin wants from his offense. No need to gaslight people pretending Kenny is doing things he isn't. He's handcuffed by a couple of morons.
Ben had 3 Pro Bowlers on his o-line. 2 stud RB's including a Hall of Famer that had 13 TD's on the ground and great receivers including the Steelers all time receiving leader.

I mean....Jesus H. Christ.

Ben couldn't have been drafted into a better situation. He was throwing like 12-15 passes per game.

Pickett's lucky if he isn't throwing the ball near 40 times.

If Ben were drafted into the same team Pickett was, the results would be similar. Don't kid yourself.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:51 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm
PennyBacker wrote:

Wasn't trying to compare Ben and Kenny as players. Was contrasting the game plan for Pickett vs. the Colts with how the Steelers used Roethlisberger in ’04.

Ben wasn’t asked to pass a whole lot his rookie season – 295 attempts in 13+ games. Pickett through his first 7+ games already sat at 265. Ben was amazing with his ability to complete long plays – 8.9 ypa. He was one of the most fun players to watch that year that I can remember. He also had a much more established rushing attack and the element of surprise on his side quite a bit more than Pickett does right now.

But insofar as Kenny had a great running game and a defense that was suffocating the opponent offense, he played excellent in terms of making plays to help win the game – just like Big Ben did with his play 13 times during the regular season his rookie year.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm
Ben couldn't have been drafted into a better situation.
Really? A team that had just gone 6-10 with 2 - two TOTAL - Pro Bowlers on offense?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Really? A team that had just gone 6-10 with 2 - two TOTAL - Pro Bowlers on offense?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That had just drafted Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor.

That had an elite head coach who went to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and turned Kordell Stewart into a top 3 finish for MVP.

That had a Hall of Fame RB. Hall of Fame guard. A WR that should be in the Hall of Fame and an outstanding defense.

A loaded defense.

C'mon. You're being silly.

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
How many offensive Pro Bowlers did Kenny have coming in?

Harvey Woodlawn

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 pm
Kodiak. wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
And we are going to ignore that defense Ben got to play with?

Hmmmmmm

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:15 pm

K_C_ wrote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-pro-bowl- ... r-revealed

Two. Just like Ben. Come up with something else dumb you stupid cunt - I know that tank is bottomless.

That has to make the ball fluffing a little less enthusiastic, I'd guess.
Last edited by Kodiak. on Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Hmmmmmm
LOL, again take a real deep look at that 2003 roster before Ben came on the scene.

Granted, bringing Lebeau back had a huge impact. But it's a lot easier to play defense with a future HOFer making the offense go.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm
Kodiak. wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

That had an elite head coach who went to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and turned Kordell Stewart into a top 3 finish for MVP.

That had a Hall of Fame RB. Hall of Fame guard. A WR that should be in the Hall of Fame and an outstanding defense.

A loaded defense.

Polamalu was called a bust his rookie year. Ike was a nobody at that point. Bettis was a 300 pound lard ass who missed half the season forcing retread Duce Staley to come in and start half the year till he got hurt. Bettis averaged 3.8 YPC that season. Ducey was slightly better. Who was the big play skill position guy? Career possession receiver Hines Ward or stud TE Jerame Tuman?

Don’t forget, veteran Tommy Maddox started 3 games with that same roster. Ben only outpaced Maddox by 16% completion rate, 4.4 y more yards per pass attempt, and 40 points better QB rating. That’s an apples to apples comparison. Ben dramatically outperformed a veteran starting NFL QB. We all know Pickett is basically equal to what Trubisky has done this year.

Trying to shit on Ben, who had the greatest rookie year of any QB in league history to prop up Kenny fucking Pickett is laughable. Don’t foget, before Ben in 2004 teams wouldn’t start rookie QBs and when they did, they were always awful. Ben changed the game.
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:15 pm
K_C_ wrote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-pro-bowl- ... r-revealed

Two. Just like Ben. Same something else dumb you stupid cunt - I know that tank is bottomless.

That has to make the ball fluffing a little less enthusiastic, I'd guess.
Two alternates.

:lol:

Najee who has been routinely awful this year and DJ who has been worse.

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 pm
Jizz Mop wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Hmmmmmm
LOL, again take a real deep look at that 2003 roster before Ben came on the scene.

Granted, bringing Lebeau back had a huge impact. But it's a lot easier to play defense with a future HOFer making the offense go.
They totally overhauled the offensive coaching staff, too

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:19 pm

Steelperch wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm
Kodiak. wrote:

A loaded defense.

Polamalu was called a bust his rookie year. Ike was a nobody at that point. Bettis was a 300 pound lard ass who missed half the season forcing retread Duce Staley to come in and start half the year till he got hurt. Bettis averaged 3.8 YPC that season. Ducey was slightly better. Who was the big play skill position guy? Career possession receiver Hines Ward or stud TE Jerame Tuman?

Don’t forget, veteran Tommy Maddox started 3 games with that same roster. Ben only outpaced Maddox by 16% completion rate, 4.4 y more yards per pass attempt, and 40 points better QB rating. That’s an apples to apples comparison. Ben dramatically outperformed a veteran starting NFL QB. We all know Pickett is basically equal to what Trubisky has done this year.

Trying to shit on Ben, who had the greatest rookie year of any QB in league history to prop up Kenny fucking Pickett is laughable. Don’t foget, before Ben in 2004 teams wouldn’t start rookie QBs and when they did, they were always awful. Ben changed the game.
How many Pro Bowlers did Ben have playing alongside him his rookie year?

How many will Pickett have?

Harvey Woodlawn

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Trying to shit on Ben, who had the greatest rookie year of any QB in league history to prop up Kenny fucking Pickett is laughable.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Kenny is 24. Where is his SB ring? Ben had already won one by age 23. At age 23 Kenny was a mediocre college QB who never had a good year in the ACC :lol:

That Syracuse D is a rough out!
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Trying to shit on Ben, who had the greatest rookie year of any QB in league history to prop up Kenny fucking Pickett is laughable.
Saying that Pickett is equal to Mitch Trubisky is just as laughable.

Harvey Woodlawn

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:19 pm

Function of the record you retarded cunt, which had A TON to do with Ben.

2 pro bowlers and 6-10 the year before. FACT. You can shove that up your yeasty asshole until you form a clue.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:23 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm

You're right. That's probably not fair to Mitch, who has an actual NFL arm.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:23 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Kenny is 24. Where is his SB ring? Ben had already won one by age 23. At age 23 Kenny was a mediocre college QB who never had a good year in the ACC :lol:

Kenny will never be an all time great like Ben, but 9 Pro Bowlers as a rookie?

That's nice right there.

Harvey Woodlawn

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:23 pm

Steelperch wrote:

Which rookie QB if selected would have won a SB w this Steelers team?

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:24 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:23 pm
K_C_ wrote:

You're right. That's probably not fair to Mitch, who has an actual NFL arm.
Maybe someone will start a thread about which first round QB we'll bet taking this April?

Harvey Woodlawn

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:25 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Kodiak. wrote:
Steelperch wrote:

Tell that to statistics, because you know, they’re the one who says so.
Redskins Draft:
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:25 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 pm
They totally overhauled the offensive coaching staff, too
Just another example how Ben actually did come onto a team rebuilding.

And he was the cornerstone of that rebuild. This idea that Ben walked onto a championship team is beyond revisionist.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:19 pm

Function of the record you retarded cunt, which had A TON to do with Ben.

2 pro bowlers and 6-10 the year before. FACT. You can shove that up your yeasty asshole until you form a clue.

You brainless piece of shit, Ben had elite talent all around him and a real coach.

Ben didn't turn Hartings, Faneca and Marvel Smith into Pro Bowlers

They helped give him time to work and helped give Bettis and Staley room t work.

You think Farrior, Polamalu, Porter, etc are Pro Bowlers because of Roethlisberger?

Go into comedy, please.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic