Re: Broncos trade for Payton

Post by El Kabong » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:20 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:09 pm
El Kabong wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:16 am
Mick wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 pm

I’m not sure when in recent years i’ve posted something notably “pro-Tomlin”; i guess a fair amount of “anti-stupid” that could have been misinterpreted that way.
Exactly how I feel. 8-)
It's amazing how many people confuse pointing out the weakness of an argument with endorsing the contrary of the argument.

A: "Tomlin sucks because X."

B: "Tomlin sucking does not follow from X because of reason Y."

A: "Wow, you really suck Tomlin's dick."

Or:

A: "Coach X did Y and that's really nice."

B: "Tonlin also did X."

A: "Wow, you really sick Tomlin's dick."
Those do look awfully familiar somehow...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:21 am

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:43 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:09 pm
El Kabong wrote:

Exactly how I feel. 8-)
It's amazing how many people confuse pointing out the weakness of an argument with endorsing the contrary of the argument.

A: "Tomlin sucks because X."

B: "Tomlin sucking does not follow from X because of reason Y."

A: "Wow, you really suck Tomlin's dick."

Or:

A: "Coach X did Y and that's really nice."

B: "Tonlin also did X."

A: "Wow, you really sick Tomlin's dick."
My personal favorite...

"Coach Tomlin did X, Coach Y is far superior"

"Coach Y also did X"

"Wow, you really suck Tomlin's dick"
That too...
--Voltaire

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:35 am

El Kabong wrote:
Mick wrote:
955876 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:49 pm

Well, we know Kabong and Mick would be first in line for Jibbs.
I’m not sure when in recent years i’ve posted something notably “pro-Tomlin”; i guess a fair amount of “anti-stupid” that could have been misinterpreted that way.
Exactly how I feel. 8-)

Whenever Jibbs is being criticized, there you are running to his defense.

Now I’m not saying that some around here don’t accuse you of “sucking his dick”.

I’m not in that camp. I realize sometimes you are just trying to counter point an argument.

But you are also always Johnnie on the spot running to his defense. That is what I notice. Always there to defend him. And it’s funny because at this point he isn’t really defendable.

To me, he has done enough really dumb that any good (or being equally as bad as some other coach- umm who cares) can’t mask the fact that at his core he isn’t on the level strategically as the top coaches in this league.

And never will be unless he learns to hire better and let them do their jobs.

He plays checkers in a league that plays chess

He can’t even navigate the two minute clock.

I was puttin time pressure on em…..

Mmmmkaaay Jibbs. Whatever you say.
Last edited by 955876 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:35 am

And Mick fills in where you leave off…

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:08 pm

Why some people get their panties in a twist and insult/demean those that are trying to be neutral/ fair on tomlin is beyond me. It's almost like they need to affirm themselves through insulting others; justifying their own opinions by cutting others' at the knees to make themselves taller. Who gives a fuck if someone likes tomlin? Why the impulse to call them out and ostracize them? I don't get it. And I am a proponent of dismissing him years ago.

I remember before I signed up to SF that beating a dead horse was par for the course here.
Attachments
bdh.jpeg
bdh.jpeg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:42 pm

It’s a message board about a football team. The whole basis is to agree, disagree, and debate/argue about said team.

Jibbs is a hot topic round here. And for a long while many to most supported him here.

It is he who keeps putting dumb shit on tape to the point that even some of his biggest supporters have finally given up on him.

His warts are many.

So when the topic is Jibbs and someone defends him repeatedly it leads to these lil debates because ummmm it’s a message board and that’s what happens

I think using the term “care” isn’t the right one.

Do you bash capitalism at every turn to make yourself feel taller?

Why do you care what others think about the subject and get your panties in a bunch over it?

It’s a message board. Arguing topics is the foundation of it.

Now I can’t speak for everyone, but myself personally does not care if they like Tomlin. Especially because I’ve had enough debates, arguments, whatever over the years with Kabong to know that he will form opinions based on things that are entirely false or not true.

Line ummm the millions of illegal invaders into our country are simply desperate “asylum seekers”.

He tried to argue that complete nonsense with me once. He dipped out when I said ok, which countries exactly are these people facing imminent death, torture, rape, violent persecution etc?? Be specific.

Couldn’t do it.

So no, I dont “care” what a person with such a false sense of reality thinks but will call them out from time to time over it because…..

It’s a message board.

Now let’s not go turning this into a political debate. I brought up that example because it’s a good one. Especially when you look at his signature line. Those that can make you believe absurdities….

Ummmm those asylum claims are absurd aside from maybe a very small handful which could easily be identified if that was really the case.

Kabong believes absurdities. His opinion in other areas can only be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Last edited by 955876 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:44 pm

955876 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:35 am
El Kabong wrote:
Mick wrote:

Exactly how I feel. 8-)

Whenever Jibbs is being criticized, there you are running to his defense.

Now I’m not saying that some around here don’t accuse you of “sucking his dick”.

I’m not in that camp. I realize sometimes you are just trying to counter point an argument.

But you are also always Johnnie on the spot running to his defense. That is what I notice. Always there to defend him. And it’s funny because at this point he isn’t really defendable.

To me, he has done enough really dumb that any good (or being equally as bad as some other coach- umm who cares) can’t mask the fact that at his core he isn’t on the level strategically as the top coaches in this league.

And never will be unless he learns to hire better and let them do their jobs.

He plays checkers in a league that plays chess

He can’t even navigate the two minute clock.

I was puttin time pressure on em…..

Mmmmkaaay Jibbs. Whatever you say.
i can’t speak for Kabong, but i frequent this steeler discussion board to discuss the steelers. And when i respond to someone, it’s usually to present an alternative viewpoint. I’ve argued with people in favor of Myles Jack and against Myles Jack. Not because one day i loved myles jack and another day i hated him, but because one time i thought someone was being unfairly negative and another i thought someone was unreasonably positive.

Looking at your posting history, it seems at least half your posts are shots at tomlin and/or the steelers coaching, and closer to 75% of your steeler related posts.

So yes of course people responding to you will seem like tomlin lovers. If you started arguing for tomlin being an elite coach, you might find me disagreeing (though on here someone else might get to it first).

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:02 pm

Looking at your posting history, it seems at least half your posts are shots at tomlin and/or the steelers coaching, and closer to 75% of your steeler related posts.
Coaching and ownership are the biggest two problems this team has at present.

Sooooo that the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

I’m pretty sure I’ve been around this board and its predecessor quite a bit longer than maybe you have. Not sure.

I didn’t start bashing tje guy until he earned it. That is recent to these last few years because they’ve been the anchor around this teams neck.

Was actually quite the fan of his those first several years.

Till he showed that with many things he’s actually quite dumb.

Everything else becomes irrelevant when you have zero trust in the head honcho.

Time pressure babbaaaay.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:30 am

955876 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:35 am
And Mick fills in where you leave off…
Well, like Mick said. Sometimes it's being being pro-Tomlin, sometimes it's being anti-stupid. As Cor alluded to, if I see criticism of Tomlin that seems unfair, am I going to respond? Probably. Maybe I have a lower tolerance to unfair criticism than others on the board.
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:36 am

955876 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:42 pm
It’s a message board about a football team. The whole basis is to agree, disagree, and debate/argue about said team.

Jibbs is a hot topic round here. And for a long while many to most supported him here.

It is he who keeps putting dumb shit on tape to the point that even some of his biggest supporters have finally given up on him.

His warts are many.

So when the topic is Jibbs and someone defends him repeatedly it leads to these lil debates because ummmm it’s a message board and that’s what happens

I think using the term “care” isn’t the right one.

Do you bash capitalism at every turn to make yourself feel taller?

Why do you care what others think about the subject and get your panties in a bunch over it?

It’s a message board. Arguing topics is the foundation of it.

Now I can’t speak for everyone, but myself personally does not care if they like Tomlin. Especially because I’ve had enough debates, arguments, whatever over the years with Kabong to know that he will form opinions based on things that are entirely false or not true.

Line ummm the millions of illegal invaders into our country are simply desperate “asylum seekers”.

He tried to argue that complete nonsense with me once. He dipped out when I said ok, which countries exactly are these people facing imminent death, torture, rape, violent persecution etc?? Be specific.

Couldn’t do it.

So no, I dont “care” what a person with such a false sense of reality thinks but will call them out from time to time over it because…..

It’s a message board.

Now let’s not go turning this into a political debate. I brought up that example because it’s a good one. Especially when you look at his signature line. Those that can make you believe absurdities….

Ummmm those asylum claims are absurd aside from maybe a very small handful which could easily be identified if that was really the case.

Kabong believes absurdities. His opinion in other areas can only be taken with a huge grain of salt.
And you can just hold it right there. When it comes to politics I go to great effort to make damn sure I am right before I say something. YOU think I'm saying absurdities because you listen to Republican propaganda sources and actually believe the nonsense they say.

I don't recall you asking me about the nations people are escaping from to come here. Maybe it was one of those times B2B moved the thread to the General Discussion area. I don't care to argue it now. I think you should know by now that I do NOT duck debates with you.

If you respond with political discussion now, I'm not going to respond because I have no desire to debate politics now. I wasn't expecting that when I logged in this evening. If you respond with politics, and I don't respond to you, that is NOT me ducking you, that is me telling you up front I don't want to debate politics.

Holy crap, the things you believe, and you say I believe absurdities.
--Voltaire

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:36 am

And you can just hold it right there. When it comes to politics I go to great effort to make damn sure I am right before I say something. YOU think I'm saying absurdities because you listen to Republican propaganda sources and actually believe the nonsense they say.
The border was the topic and you claimed the totally bogus asylum nonsense.

So no, you certainly weren’t right when you tried to make that argument.

And how is it Republican propaganda????

You still believe this absurdity don’t you?

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 am

Holy crap, the things you believe, and you say I believe absurdities.

Claiming the millions that have crossed illegally are “asylum seekers” is an absurdity that is absolutely false.

If it isn’t, and is propaganda should be easy to point out which countries exactly are these people specifically seeking asylum from?

I do t wish to debate politics either. Buuuuut, this is a great example of you believing a complete absurdity.

And you talk about me believing nonsense.

You’d be better just admitting you are wrong. But you won’t.

Sad.

Makes you have little credibility elsewhere when you are so easily fooled into believing something that has no bias is in actual facts.

Makes the fact you use that tagline in your signature so ridiculous.

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:50 am

If you respond with politics, and I don't respond to you, that is NOT me ducking you, that is me telling you up front I don't want to debate politics.
Translation: MSNBC and CNN has been lying to me but I’m too stubborn to admit it.

Also too lazy to do my own research.

I won’t harp the political stuff any longer. I’ve already made my point.

But when you try to make comments like you are the voice of reason then I’ll have to call you out.

Because when you believe an absurdity that is a complete lie, how can your other opinions be taken seriously???

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:05 am

And look, I get I kind of jumped on you with this.

But that particular issue is a very hot button item for me.

Multiple friends lost children over fetanyl.

And it’s pouring across our border. Hundreds of thousands of people per month. From all around the world.

Those aren’t asylum seekers.

You didn’t even bother looking up the definition of asylum before accepting that nonsense as a truth.

I’ll cease with this.

But maybe privately ask yourself to whose benefit are we allowing this and how many more kids have to die before you realize how serious the issue is and not buy nonsense political narratives that are clearly false.

I admit I hit you out of left field with this. Just found out literally yesterday another good friend lost a child.

Xanax laced with fentanyl.

I apologize for the unprovoked hostilities.
Last edited by 955876 on Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pickett's Platoon

Post by Pickett's Platoon » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:20 am

We need to form an American Gestapo and DEPORT ALL INVADERS AND ANY OFFSPRING THEY HAVE HAD.

Then we need to land mine the entire border and begin blowing these invaders to bits right off the bat.

Post by 955876 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:29 am

Shut up troll.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:09 pm

aside from the extreme and debilitating conervatism, the biggest issue with Tomlin vs Payton or Cowher is the ability to rebuild a team and to rebuild it to a unqiue brand that the Fans of that place love. IMO there is simply no real rhyme or reason to what Tomlin does aside from risk aversion for risk aversions sake. There is a Stated "style" of play that seems to be inconsistently applied:

poorly coached to execute what is needed for the style;
the players selected for that style do not match the skills needed; and
the style is intended to be repeated over and over without thought of match-up or situations -- a recipe (Shcottenheimer style) that can win 50% of regualr season games but is pure disaster in the playoffs esepcially matched against coached who excel at game planning and adjustments.

worst yet nothing will change -- we will have a bell-cow big back, slow possession TEs and WRs, late round OL. Our ToP Defense will be rested and play well against shitty QBs and shit the bed against quality QBs and O Coaches

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic