Watt. Blahh. Rappaport says best case scenario is out 2 weeks then if comes back will have a brace

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
K_C_

Re: Watt. Blahh. Rappaport says best case scenario is out 2 weeks then if comes back will have a brace

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:14 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:58 pm
With Watt I’d give us a great chance of pulling off the upset.

Without him….probably not gonna happen but that’s why they play the games.

Watt isn’t a doorslammer anyway.
Watt has found a way to disappear before the game even starts. Fuck hum.
TJ Watt fucking sucks.

“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:17 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:14 pm
K_C_ wrote:

TJ Watt fucking sucks.
19 dong sacks

If Tomlin doesn’t have a real OLB competition in camp, then Rooney needs to fire him.

Herbig has a much better chance to change games. He has to start going forward.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:17 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:28 pm
Maybe it will be a rallllying cry on top of everything else. Keep winning so he can come back during the run
Shame he wasn't born in Las Vegas.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:29 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:58 pm
Deebo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:21 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:57 pm

If they beat Buffalo, all I will say is look the fuck out.

That will mean Mason's Magic is for fuckin real.

.....and the way Lamar plays in the postseason, a junior high school team would give Baltimore fits.
I'm unsure if Lamar got into the deer antler spray this offseason, but he doesn't look like the same passer that we've known before. Check out some of his other games outside the Steelers. They run a basic offense, but Lamar is executing it perfectly with good touch and accuracy on his balls.

I think Baltimore can beat most teams in the playoff field, but Pittsburgh and Dallas would give them fits.
When the postseason arrives, Lamar's sphincter tightens like no one's I've ever seen.

He is a different guy in the playoffs....and will be again.
Especially it seems with Tomlin.

I heard the secret sauce recipe; a very underrated comment during the broadcast yesterday. I actually enjoyed Riddick and Orlovsky btw. Apparently with a sample size of 2, blitzing the hell out of super fast QBs works. Tomlin told the crew it was something he learned in Tampa facing Vick constantly. Vick and Jackson don’t like the blitz according to the anecdote mentioned during the broadcast. Not sure if this was run blitz or pass blitz, or blitz agnostic, but I thought that was a pretty good nugget. I could see it locking up their minds at the nexus of take off or stand tall, costing a precious second.
Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:30 pm

K_C_ wrote:
K_C_ wrote:

TJ Watt fucking sucks.
His HIG Factor is reaching negative number territory.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Steelersfan

Post by Steelersfan » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm

Yeah, no way TJ is a doorslammer this week. Will give STD a chance to "bust a nut" all week.

That being said, I fully expect him to argue to play. He wanted to come back in after his injury. Hell argue to play this week too. However, the team will do the right thing and force him out.

We pull this Buffalo game out, then all bets are off, I'm expecting him back against the Ravens.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm

I expected STD to trash Watt but why so many of yinzers have given up on him is a mystery and disappointing.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:56 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm
I expected STD to trash Watt but why so many of yinzers have given up on him is a mystery and disappointing.
Dude.....
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

W&M_Steeler

Post by W&M_Steeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:06 pm

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:56 pm
Dude.....
Good natured optimists tend to have trouble recognizing sarcasm, as it is foreign to their sunny disposition.

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:08 pm

Dude.....

We need you to break it down for him about the internet message board, Prof ...

We're all counting on you :lol:

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:39 pm

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:06 pm
Dude.....
Good natured optimists tend to have trouble recognizing sarcasm, as it is foreign to their sunny disposition.
"Good natured optimists."

What is the slang word for that?

I don't recall?!

Alibe

Post by Alibe » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:53 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:25 pm
Typical

Steelers make the playoffs

Watt disappears

Truthfully given his career history of not being able to ever get it done in big games it’s probably better to give Herbig a shot and see if he can be a force when it matters
These remarks are the most absurd things I have seen. What are you thinking? My god, Watt is the leader in sacks. He has affected the outcome in almost every game he plays in. And every game he doesn’t play in. And he comes up big when needed. If the referees actually called half the blatant holding penalties on Watt, he would have 50 sacks at least! The opponents double and triple team him. He is amazing to watch. Your eyes have to go to watch him. Amazing athlete and technique. I can’t stand these dismissive posts on him. It is too weird for words. Get over it!

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:59 pm

Alibe wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:53 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Typical

Watt disappears

Truthfully given his career history of not being able to ever get it done in big games it’s probably better to give Herbig a shot and see if he can be a force when it matters
These remarks are the most absurd things I have seen. What are you thinking? My god, Watt is the leader in sacks. He has affected the outcome in almost every game he plays in. And every game he doesn’t play in. And he comes up big when needed. If the referees actually called half the blatant holding penalties on Watt, he would have 50 sacks at least! The opponents double and triple team him. He is amazing to watch. Your eyes have to go to watch him. Amazing athlete and technique. I can’t stand these dismissive posts on him. It is too weird for words. Get over it!
?????

Lolololz

When has Watt EVER delivered late in a big game win ??

I only recall ONE

The first Ravens game this year

He’s a good player. Sometimes great. One of the better players in the NFL right now such as it is

He’s also the most unclutch Steeler ever
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:59 pm
Alibe wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Typical

Watt disappears

?????

Lolololz

I only recall ONE

He’s a good player. Sometimes great. One of the better players in the NFL right now such as it is

Just off the top of my head, Watt personally beat Seattle in overtime 2 years ago. Ben was credited with a game winning drive after Watt strip sacked Geno deep in Seattle territory, setting up Boz for an easy game winner.

When Lamar was a 2 point conversion away from beating us, wanna tell everybody who got in Lamar's passing lane with pressure, forcing Jackson to throw wide to Andrews and giving the Steelers the win?

Those are just two off the top of my head.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:22 pm
I'll say this:

If the Steelers somehow come out of this game with a win, I fully expect they'll be in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers have zero fear of the Ravens, Dolphins, the current version of the Chiefs or anybody else in the AFC.

If Mason and company somehow shock the world and win this, they're going on a run.
Can someone run the odds on this?

The odds for a last seed winning the Super Bowl were astronomical when we did it. Then the Giants followed up which reduced the astronomical modifier quite a bit.

But the last seed to win or even go to the Super Bowl twice, have to be for real real astronomical.

I agree on the beating Baltimore if if if.

W&M_Steeler

Post by W&M_Steeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:13 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 pm
K_C_ wrote:
I'll say this:

If the Steelers somehow come out of this game with a win, I fully expect they'll be in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers have zero fear of the Ravens, Dolphins, the current version of the Chiefs or anybody else in the AFC.

If Mason and company somehow shock the world and win this, they're going on a run.

The odds for a last seed winning the Super Bowl were astronomical when we did it. Then the Giants followed up which reduced the astronomical modifier quite a bit.

But the last seed to win or even go to the Super Bowl twice, have to be for real real astronomical.

No 7th seed has ever won a game, let alone the Super Bowl. I bet the odds against a Super Bowl run are pretty high.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:16 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
I'll say this:

I assure you, even without Watt, the Bills know the Steelers will be no cakewalk, especially in weather.

Let's also remember Buffalo also had some major pieces leave that Dolphins game early. Gabe Davis and Rasul Douglas both looked fucked. Especially Douglas. I'll be shocked if he plays.

Najee runs like a fucking monster in weather. We have serious weaponry that reawakened once Mason took over and they're now firing on all cylinders.

Pickens has yet to take over a game completely. This one might be that game.

Miami was missing half their defense and they still picked off Allen twice and forced him to fumble. Buffalo only scored 21 points in really nice weather.

On the back end, Rowe is playing great. Kazee is going to be back, hopefully Minkah too. I'll be very surprised if he misses this playoff game.

I expect Buffalo to win but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Steelers pull off the upset.

Harvey Woodlawn

W&M_Steeler

Post by W&M_Steeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:16 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
I'll say this:

I assure you, even without Watt, the Bills know the Steelers will be no cakewalk, especially in weather.

Let's also remember Buffalo also had some major pieces leave that Dolphins game early. Gabe Davis and Rasul Douglas both looked fucked. Especially Douglas. I'll be shocked if he plays.

Najee runs like a fucking monster in weather. We have serious weaponry that reawakened once Mason took over and they're now firing on all cylinders.

Miami was missing half their defense and they still picked off Allen twice and forced him to fumble. Buffalo only scored 21 points in really nice weather.

On the back end, Rowe is playing great. Kazee is going to be back, hopefully Minkah too. I'll be very surprised if he misses this playoff game.

I expect Buffalo to win but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Steelers pull off the upset.
Josh Allen is the big X factor. He might throw 6 TDs, he might throw 5 redzone Ints. I think this will either be a Bills blowout or a close Steelers upset depending on which Josh Allen shows up.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 pm

K_C_ wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Alibe wrote:

?????

Lolololz

I only recall ONE

Just off the top of my head, Watt personally beat Seattle in overtime 2 years ago. Ben was credited with a game winning drive after Watt strip sacked Geno deep in Seattle territory, setting up Boz for an easy game winner.

When Lamar was a 2 point conversion away from beating us, wanna tell everybody who got in Lamar's passing lane with pressure, forcing Jackson to throw wide to Andrews and giving the Steelers the win?

Don't get sucked in, man

jewelsongs

Post by jewelsongs » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 pm

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:13 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
I'll say this:

No 7th seed has ever won a game, let alone the Super Bowl. I bet the odds against a Super Bowl run are pretty high.
15000 to 1

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:01 pm

jewelsongs wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 pm
15000 to 1

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:02 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:16 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
K_C_ wrote:
I'll say this:

Agree 100%…and then I would not be shocked at all to beat the Ravens. Of course not shocked the other way either.

But still the odds have to be astronomical based on history to reach the SB.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:09 pm

Deebo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 pm
K_C_ wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

?????

Lolololz

I only recall ONE

Don't get sucked in, man
Attachments
IMG_0350.png
IMG_0350.png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 403 times

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:22 pm

OT -- At the very least, thankfully those 3D-ified Peanuts characters appear pretty benevolent, compared to most horrific attempts to bring 2D cartoons "to life", à la The Simpsons ... :)

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm

DumlinBumlinStumlin wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:57 pm
Crapreport said Grade 3, Shiftyschefter said same.

These guys are assholes of the highest magnitude

If he had grade 3, no way would he walk off field and into lockerroom

Grade 2 walk away was impressive, maybe it's a low 2
Several players have walked off the field without a limp after a torn ACL. Walking is a bit of a different motion. Personally, I've also had leg injuries where I couldn't walk but running wasn't too much of a problem.

I have confirmation from an NFL source that while TJ's injury is Grade 2, it's "closer to 3 than to 1". Also, TJ's surgeries on his knees before he came to the NFL make every knee injury now a bit of a crapshoot. Apparently, those surgeries did not go as well as hoped. Because of the condition of his knees, "every new knee injury has the potential to be career-ending".

Take it FWIW

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:14 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm

Several players have walked off the field without a limp after a torn ACL. Walking is a bit of a different motion. Personally, I've also had leg injuries where I couldn't walk but running wasn't too much of a problem.

I have confirmation from an NFL source that while TJ's injury is Grade 2, it's "closer to 3 than to 1". Also, TJ's surgeries on his knees before he came to the NFL make every knee injury now a bit of a crapshoot. Apparently, those surgeries did not go as well as hoped. Because of the condition of his knees, "every new knee injury has the potential to be career-ending".

Take it FWIW
Sobering reality
Suwanee88 is right
Might be time to explore trade options

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:34 pm

Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:17 pm
K_C_ wrote:

TJ Watt fucking sucks.
19 dong sacks

If Tomlin doesn’t have a real OLB competition in camp, then Rooney needs to fire him.

Herbig has a much better chance to change games. He has to start going forward.
Funny you should say this.

The latest arguments from the Myles Garett camp are that Watt DOES get Dong Sacks.

They are saying Garrett gets doubled teams over twice as much as Watt does, and that’s why he has fewer sacks.

And he still has a far better “win rate” lol!
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:35 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm

Take it FWIW
Phillip Rivers played the 2007 AFCCG with a torn ACL.

Sobering news about Watt if true.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:51 pm

Watt’s a great player. He tries hard. Some guys just aren’t great in big moments.

I hope it’s not a career ender
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

drmalba

Post by drmalba » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:22 am

K_C_ wrote:

Ten wins in the toughest division in football is no laughing matter.
I don't like facing this edition of the Bills, I know Allen is more erratic than usual, but they have that whiff of "team of destiny" this year and are in the midst of a win streak with some quality victories.

I think *if* we win this weekend that will likely be the extent of it. But to your point I will say this...two of our divisional opponents are in this AFC bracket. We've swept one of them and nearly swept the other. And we're getting reinforcements.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic