Peacock Suckmycock discount

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
rooneytunes

Peacock Suckmycock discount

Post by rooneytunes » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:03 am

Want to watch KC-Miami. Don't have Suckmycock. Direct TV customer since 2011. Only real reason I had them was Sunday Ticket. Stayed with them this year even after YouTube taking it over. Steelers were on a bunch in my area (Eastern Panhandle of WV) and with Red Zone and when they weren't on tv using DOFU Sports app giving me the pirate feeds I made it through the season. Probably will be canceling soon as Direct TV is in a dispute and I don't have my regular CBS station out of DC. So in order to watch Steelers on Sunday will have to get Paramount to stream it I guess. DOFU App works about 80% of the time but don't want to take chance of feed being shut down during a Steelers playoff game.

Because of that for Saturday night decided to get this cock thing. Found a student discount where it drops price to 1.99 a month. Daughter goes to WVU so used her info to sign up. Will probably cancel it after game. Figured I guess I could do 2.00 but still the principle of the thing for all this streaming bullshit is annoying

Just wanted to throw this Student Discount out there in case anyone was looking to sign up for Suckmycock
Last edited by rooneytunes on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:15 pm

Alternatively, the Pens have a huge matchup with Carolina this evening. Just gonna throw that out there

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:46 pm

Putting games on streaming services is complete bullshit.

They’re obviously doing this to get more people to subscribe to Peacock, but pissing off your potential customer base by holding a proverbial gun their heads to make them pay for it isn’t a good strategy.

I suspect Peacock is actually going to die soon, and this is a last ditch effort to breath some life into it by forcing people onto the platform.

Read an article a few weeks describing how many of companies who have come out with their own streaming apps over the past couple years are operating them at a significant loss, both because they underestimated the operation cost of building and maintaining their own platform, and because the addition of all these streaming services segmented the market to the point where the income potential was essentially capped. Most people aren’t going to subscribe to them all, and those same people are probably just going to stick to the major players such as Amazon Prime and Netflix (although Netflix’s content has largely sucked lately). At best, people will subscribe to the other services to binge watch a series or whatever, then cancel again, and that’s not a sustainable model for those services to run long term.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm

Peacock ain’t gonna die

ESPN is a streaming service, people have just figured out how to access it.

Everything is a steaming device now, you guys with cable or direcTV are just behind the technology.

I buy everything a al carte. Never been happier or spending less

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:27 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm
Peacock ain’t gonna die

Everything is a steaming device now, you guys with cable or direcTV are just behind the technology.

Jokes on you - I plan to listen to the game on radio

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm

While streaming is the in thing now, there are lots people that still don't stream.
For example, many senior citizens and those living in communities that do not have access to high speed internet or any internet at all.
There is still a large segment of society that doesn't know how to stream or lacks the resources to do so.
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:38 pm

Peacocks desperate hail Mary to gain subscribers aside, how much longer are these streaming services going to last?

NBC, Paramount, WB, and Disney are all losing billions on their respective platforms.

franco32

Post by franco32 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:39 pm

This is the reason people get IPTV and use "other" means for these games. The selections are too fragmented and no one wants to buy that many different subscriptions all at once. I think if this segmentation continues, the prices are going to have to come down to make more sense.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:46 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Peacock ain’t gonna die

Actually, I’m ahead of the times.

I had all the streaming services, but then cancelled most
of them because I realized I was paying more for streaming services than I was cable, and not using many of them consistently enough to justify it.

That’s a trend that’s getting more and more common, especially as these services keep jumping in price (and so does cable, but with cable giving me most of my sports, I can justify that cost).

And you’re not consuming “a la carte”, at least not in the truest sense of the word. You may be able pick and choose your services, and subscribe and cancel those services month to month. But true “a la carte” would be to only pay for the shows you want, across services, without having to subscribe to each service, which is the pivot that really needs to happen.

Amazon Prime does a little bit of this already, as they offer content from Starz, Showtime, MGM, etc and give you the choice of either subscribing to those channels, or just paying for shows outright if you don’t want the full channel.

That’s the model the whole industry needs to adopt.

The smart move would be for all the networks to move their services to Amazon Prime, let Amazon handle all the infrastructure, which they’re more than equipped to do, and offer their content in true a la carte fashion by piggy backing off of Amazon.

It’s win win for everyone. Networks get their content consumed without having to build and pay for their own infrastructure. The viewer gets an integrated experience similar to having a cable box, except it’s true “a la carte”, and Amazon would obviously be taking percentages of all of this.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:17 pm

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:46 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Peacock ain’t gonna die

Actually, I’m ahead of the times.

I had all the streaming services, but then cancelled most
of them because I realized I was paying more for streaming services than I was cable, and not using many of them consistently enough to justify it.

That’s a trend that’s getting more and more common, especially as these services keep jumping in price (and so does cable, but with cable giving me most of my sports, I can justify that cost).

And you’re not consuming “a la carte”, at least not in the truest sense of the word. You may be able pick and choose your services, and subscribe and cancel those services month to month. But true “a la carte” would be to only pay for the shows you want, across services, without having to subscribe to each service, which is the pivot that really needs to happen.

Amazon Prime does a little bit of this already, as they offer content from Starz, Showtime, MGM, etc and give you the choice of either subscribing to those channels, or just paying for shows outright if you don’t want the full channel.

That’s the model the whole industry needs to adopt.

The smart move would be for all the networks to move their services to Amazon Prime, let Amazon handle all the infrastructure, which they’re more than equipped to do, and offer their content in true a la carte fashion by piggy backing off of Amazon.

It’s win win for everyone. Networks get their content consumed without having to build and pay for their own infrastructure. The viewer gets an integrated experience similar to having a cable box, except it’s true “a la carte”, and Amazon would obviously be taking percentages of all of this.
When you say "networks" do you mean ABC, NBC. CBS and PBS? If so, I believe Congress has their hands in controlling the airwaves for those and will continue to mandate "free" over the air broadcasting of those channels. But I'm not really sure how that works.

Louis Lipps Service

Post by Louis Lipps Service » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:17 pm

When you say "networks" do you mean ABC, NBC. CBS and PBS? If so, I believe Congress has their hands in controlling the airwaves for those and will continue to mandate "free" over the air broadcasting of those channels. But I'm not really sure how that works.
My bad, that wasn’t very clear. I was strictly talking about companies that are supplying content via streaming.

So, to your point, those stations would continue doing whatever they’re doing away from streaming. But they would move their streamed content onto Amazon instead of having their own streaming service.

And I’ll add that the one downside to this is you then have one company gate keeping all streaming content. That has some potential to go sideways, for sure.

But I would think anyone who agrees to have their content streamed through Amazon would have very specific terms in their service agreements regarding availability, consumer subscription costs, etc, to ensure their content is accessible to as many users as possible.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:31 pm

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:17 pm

My bad, that wasn’t very clear. I was strictly talking about companies that are supplying content via streaming.

So, to your point, those stations would continue doing whatever they’re doing away from streaming. But they would move their streamed content onto Amazon instead of having their own streaming service.

And I’ll add that the one downside to this is you then have one company gate keeping all streaming content. That has some potential to go sideways, for sure.

But I would think anyone who agrees to have their content streamed through Amazon would have very specific terms in their service agreements regarding availability, consumer subscription costs, etc, to ensure their content is accessible to as many users as possible.
Got it.
What ever happens I don't want it to be like what happens in Germany. Those folks have to pay for TV even if they don't own a television set. My nephews are extremely mad about that. They stream everything and don't own a TV. :lol:

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:35 pm

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm

2nd paragraph doesn't really follow from the first.

If you're giving Amazon a defacto monopoly on streaming they are sure as hell going to dictate the terms.

I'll throw in my 2 cents and say that a big part of the problem we currently have is an overproduction of content

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:37 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:27 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Peacock ain’t gonna die

Jokes on you - I plan to listen to the game on radio
:lol:

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:38 pm
Peacocks desperate hail Mary to gain subscribers aside, how much longer are these streaming services going to last?

NBC, Paramount, WB, and Disney are all losing billions on their respective platforms.
There will be consolidation. Peacock won’t die. It’s better positioned than most. Its losses are slowing. Some of their losses are “faux” losses too. Im a little shocked at the pissing and moaning over this. Every one was happy and excited with cord cutting. These are the ramifications of that. Linear TV is dying. Media companies are getting out in front of that so they don’t become obsolete. That means more and more content will continue to go to streaming… Even your favorite sports.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:42 pm

You guys seriously don’t know how to watch PPV stuff free on the internet? Bunch of squares :D

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:44 pm

SteelPro wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:39 pm
Pabst wrote:

There will be consolidation. Peacock won’t die. It’s better positioned than most. Its losses are slowing. Some of their losses are “faux” losses too. Im a little shocked at the pissing and moaning over this. Every one was happy and excited with cord cutting. These are the ramifications of that. Linear TV is dying. Media companies are getting out in front of that so they don’t become obsolete. That means more and more content will continue to go to streaming… Even your favorite sports.
I never heard of PEACOCK until the movie Monk's last case, came out last month. Then I had to resort to alternate methods to see the movie. I'm too cheap to pay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:46 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:42 pm
You guys seriously don’t know how to watch PPV stuff free on the internet? Bunch of squares :D
😎
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:44 pm
SteelPro wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:39 pm
Pabst wrote:

I never heard of PEACOCK until the movie Monk's last case, came out last month. Then I had to resort to alternate methods to see the movie. I'm too cheap to pay. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peacock is literally the cheapest streaming service out there. $5.99 per month if paying full and with all the various deals available you can almost always get it for close to nothing for at least a few months. And every new Universal movie drops on Peacock exclusively as soon as it leaves theaters. Oppenheimer comes out next month on Peacock. Sign up. Watch the football game. Watch Oppenheimer when it releases next month. You’ve gotten your money’s worth.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:16 pm

I believe you can also watch it on NFL+, if you subscribe.

sinceiwas4

Post by sinceiwas4 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm
While streaming is the in thing now, there are lots people that still don't stream.
For example, many senior citizens and those living in communities that do not have access to high speed internet or any internet at all.
There is still a large segment of society that doesn't know how to stream or lacks the resources to do so.
exactly. it reminds me of when my late cousin Aimee that i was medical poa for had state insurance in iowa. they switched to an all online access to medical coverage. she didnt have internet access. even the library in her rural town did not have public access. i called the state and was told that iowa had over 80% internet access among its insured and that was far better than many states. i said that doesnt help my cousin or any of the other 20% and they said they were only required to have 75% access to make the switch. and again they were much better than many other states. absolutely frustrating. had to petition in writing for an exemption. took months of having no way to set appointments or access anything but er care. she had a chronic illness that required constant care so she eventually won the right to call a number and speak to a person like she always had.
they dont care if you dont have internet. you basically do not exist to them. so it goes.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:48 pm

sinceiwas4 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:22 pm
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm
exactly. it reminds me of when my late cousin Aimee that i was medical poa for had state insurance in iowa. they switched to an all online access to medical coverage. she didnt have internet access. even the library in her rural town did not have public access. i called the state and was told that iowa had over 80% internet access among its insured and that was far better than many states. i said that doesnt help my cousin or any of the other 20% and they said they were only required to have 75% access to make the switch. and again they were much better than many other states. absolutely frustrating. had to petition in writing for an exemption. took months of having no way to set appointments or access anything but er care. she had a chronic illness that required constant care so she eventually won the right to call a number and speak to a person like she always had.
they dont care if you dont have internet. you basically do not exist to them. so it goes.
Wow. I'm sorry about that experience. Lack of internet access really is an issue beyond not being able to watch football. Millions of people are affected.

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:51 pm

Hey gang, I just entered the "suckmycock" discount code and saved 69 cents on the monthly subscription. Thanks @rooneytunes!
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:08 pm

Dropped directvtv for the same reason. I have Fubo now. I just type in the zip for Steelers and get them.

Boukman

Post by Boukman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:42 pm
Teach me, Sensei (for real)!

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:54 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Peacock ain’t gonna die

I don’t like seeing “baked potoato $13” on the sides section of nicer restaurants

Can I get a free one with my $68 filet?

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:56 pm

franco32 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:39 pm
This is the reason people get IPTV and use "other" means for these games. The selections are too fragmented and no one wants to buy that many different subscriptions all at once. I think if this segmentation continues, the prices are going to have to come down to make more sense.
Love my IPTV box (Tanggula) that I paid $300 for. I get to watch Everything NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PPV, MMA etc etc. Live in So Cal and watched every Steelers game this year. All movies, series (watching Monarch from Apple TV). HULU, Netflix.
Last edited by gojira5150 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obliteration Is Imminent

rooneytunes

Post by rooneytunes » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:51 pm
Hey gang, I just entered the "suckmycock" discount code and saved 69 cents on the monthly subscription. Thanks @rooneytunes!

:D

Post by 955876 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:45 pm

Does Watt have “outlier” talent?
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:57 pm

rooneytunes wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:03 am
Want to watch KC-Miami. Don't have Suckmycock. Direct TV customer since 2011. Only real reason I had them was Sunday Ticket. Stayed with them this year even after YouTube taking it over. Steelers were on a bunch in my area (Eastern Panhandle of WV) and with Red Zone and when they weren't on tv using DOFU Sports app giving me the pirate feeds I made it through the season. Probably will be canceling soon as Direct TV is in a dispute and I don't have my regular CBS station out of DC. So in order to watch Steelers on Sunday will have to get Paramount to stream it I guess. DOFU App works about 80% of the time but don't want to take chance of feed being shut down during a Steelers playoff game.

Because of that for Saturday night decided to get this cock thing. Found a student discount where it drops price to 1.99 a month. Daughter goes to WVU so used her info to sign up. Will probably cancel it after game. Figured I guess I could do 2.00 but still the principle of the thing for all this streaming bullshit is annoying

Just wanted to throw this Student Discount out there in case anyone was looking to sign up for Suckmycock
I heard on the commercial earlier they are doing a full year of the cock for like 29 bucks so that comes out to a bit over $2 a month for a year is not unreasonable and much better than the normal 6 bucks a month.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic