Screenshot_20240311_150304_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240311_150304_Samsung Internet.jpg (152.66 KiB) Viewed 1194 times

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm

i might have believed this if it didnt say fully guaranteed

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:13 pm

Yeah…doesn’t sound like the Steelers.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:22 pm

Word at the combine was that the rest of the NFL was not overly enamored with how the Steelers / Kahn did business. Perhaps it had to do with wanting to stand by contracts as much as possible.

That is a lot of upfront coin for a guy on the other side of 30.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:31 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:22 pm
Word at the combine was that the rest of the NFL was not overly enamored with how the Steelers / Kahn did business. Perhaps it had to do with wanting to stand by contracts as much as possible.

What words were spoken? Rumored to be spoken? By who? Any articles on this? Would love to read it.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:39 pm

Is this legit? Because that would be a wildly good secondary with JPJ and Minkah
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 pm

That account is from a 19-year-old. Says "one of my good friends knows Sheldon White, the Director of Pro Scouting for the Steelers..."

I would classify this post as b.s. and probably not one to share. Highly dubious.
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:31 pm
PennyBacker wrote:

What words were spoken? Rumored to be spoken? By who? Any articles on this? Would love to read it.
Admittedly, I did not take what I read seriously b/c of all the B.S. that get propagated on the internet these days. TBH, it may have been a fabrication of my imagination, and I connected things which did not exist.

Below are a couple of articles about how the the team is rumored to have been "red flagged" operationally by other organizations. Nothing about how the team plans to handle its salary cap.

https://www.steelernation.com/2024/03/0 ... e_vignette

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_40056513

I will add that I am an Omar Kahn fan and have been very pleased with how he has conducted business so far for the Steelers.

Securing an experienced QB (Wilson) for the league minimum. In an era when other teams will spill out almost 1/4 of their salary cap, or 2 drafts worth of heavy capital on the position. The guy is a "Kahn Artist." 8-) Gives the team some extra cash to throw around for this upcoming week if it so desires.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:07 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 pm
That account is from a 19-year-old. Says "one of my good friends knows Sheldon White, the Director of Pro Scouting for the Steelers..."

I would classify this post as b.s. and probably not one to share. Highly dubious.
Sounds LEGIT

rocky mtn stiller

Post by rocky mtn stiller » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:26 pm

What the heck does "red flagged" even mean? Do the other GM's think Kahn owes them a fair deal? Looking at you Chicago Bears. Should there be a "Chase Claypool" rule that traded players come with a warranty? If you're wheeling and dealing with the Kahn Artist, you better keep your head on a swivel.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:28 pm

rocky mtn stiller wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:26 pm
What the heck does "red flagged" even mean? Do the other GM's think Kahn owes them a fair deal? Looking at you Chicago Bears. Should there be a "Chase Claypool" rule that traded players come with a warranty? If you're wheeling and dealing with the Kahn Artist, you better keep your head on a swivel.
This. Don’t eff with Kahn.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:20 pm

PennyBacker wrote:

So, the Steelers are known for paying out their contracts, and maybe don't have to guarantee as much as others? And this makes other GMs mad? I'm not sure what "red flagged" and "not overly enamored" mean in this context.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 pm

Ice wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:20 pm
PennyBacker wrote:

So, the Steelers are known for paying out their contracts, and maybe don't have to guarantee as much as others? And this makes other GMs mad? I'm not sure what "red flagged" and "not overly enamored" mean in this context.
The Steelers have been doing this forever.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 pm

Jobu wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 pm
Ice wrote:
PennyBacker wrote:

Yeah, this is why I'm not sure why the "red flag" thing.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:31 pm

Ice wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 pm
Jobu wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 pm
Ice wrote:

Yeah, this is why I'm not sure why the "red flag" thing.
I don’t know what that’s all about either.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
PennyBacker wrote:

Admittedly, I did not take what I read seriously b/c of all the B.S. that get propagated on the internet these days. TBH, it may have been a fabrication of my imagination, and I connected things which did not exist.

Below are a couple of articles about how the the team is rumored to have been "red flagged" operationally by other organizations. Nothing about how the team plans to handle its salary cap.

I will add that I am an Omar Kahn fan and have been very pleased with how he has conducted business so far for the Steelers.

Securing an experienced QB (Wilson) for the league minimum. In an era when other teams will spill out almost 1/4 of their salary cap, or 2 drafts worth of heavy capital on the position. The guy is a "Kahn Artist." 8-) Gives the team some extra cash to throw around for this upcoming week if it so desires.
Thanks. I’m with you on our Kan artist. I’ll have to read those articles. Worried about Wilson being paid 111 Million to go away but he is currently better than Kenny so I hope it works out!

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
PennyBacker wrote:

They have been red flagged, sounds like bullshit rumor mongering, to drive clicks and attention

If there are red flags about the Steelers, as an organization, it’s the owner and his unwillingness to move on from an inept head coach

They had a lot of money tied up in old veterans last season, but 5ey were all on 1 or 2 year deals.

The team has jettisoned the wasted money and players

I am not buying that article, if it’s pointing at khan. If it’s pointing at Rooney, well that is a different story

I am pleased that we haven’t heard about Tomlins extension yet.

Maybe we can keep our collective fingers crossed, if and when it happens, 2 year extension with voidable clauses.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:44 pm

Ice wrote:
PennyBacker wrote:

“Red flagged” and “not overly enamored” here was an amalgamation of my own speculation that the Steelers were going against some the skullduggery practiced by other franchises by setting a precedent of being likely to honor contracts.

If players learn they will get more money out of a contract in Pittsburgh that runs 3 years / 44 million than a contract elsewhere that runs 4 years / 66 million, that may upset the apple carts of other franchises who prey upon the FA market by utilizing phony dollar signs.

As it turns out though, neither of the articles actually communicated anything similar to the above. After consuming copious amounts of Steelers data over the past couple weeks, I had taken something which had not been truly expressed anywhere, but rather was a previous speculation of my own, and placed it in a context where it did not belong.

More on topic though, I am not certain that spending big cash on a safety, would be money better spent, than say, money on an inside linebacker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic