Post by stillthere » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:44 am

gojira5150 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:36 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:58 pm
Wow. Didn't think we had it in us.

That opens up getting a QB in round 1.
I'm hoping they bring in Penix. Let him sit a year behind Russ
I did not like seeing him get his ass kicked for 4 quarters against Michigan. I would pass on Penix.

Forty Three

Post by Forty Three » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 am

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:57 pm
I'm thinking and hoping this will be Tomlin's last year. Pickett was Tomlin's guy and he trades him after playing a little under 2 full seasons. I don't think anyone here would argue how Pickett horribly regressed last year, but I was thinking it was due to having the worst Offensive coordinator in the league. I had no problem giving him one more year with a competent OC, Christ they gave Bush 4.
I hate having another check down qb in Wilson who also never utilizes the middle of the field. I really don't know what to think about this year coming up but I will still be cheering for the Steelers and definitely won't be hoping Wilson sucks because I didn't agree with the signing.
Pickett was NOT Tomlin's guy.

He was 100% an Art II pick.

No first round grade on him -- made up their mind to draft him before the Senior Bowl -- Art specifically said he didn't want to pass on the Pitt QB like his dad did -- Art's ridiculous "he broke all of Dan Marino's records" praise.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:57 am

Works At A Bank wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:57 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:15 pm
Two 7ths and a swap of 4ths is way better value than Kenny was worth. I’m shocked this organization actually realized the mistakes they made and dumped Lik Ken, Dionte and Canada in a few month span
I think it was easier cause Kahn didn’t draft him. It was Colberts kiss of death out the door
I think they had Colbert take him on so if he did not work out nobody would give a shit about Kevin fucking up since he is gone. Built-in scapegoat if the pick doesn't pan out.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:59 am

Forty Three wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 am
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
I'm thinking and hoping this will be Tomlin's last year. Pickett was Tomlin's guy and he trades him after playing a little under 2 full seasons. I don't think anyone here would argue how Pickett horribly regressed last year, but I was thinking it was due to having the worst Offensive coordinator in the league. I had no problem giving him one more year with a competent OC, Christ they gave Bush 4.
I hate having another check down qb in Wilson who also never utilizes the middle of the field. I really don't know what to think about this year coming up but I will still be cheering for the Steelers and definitely won't be hoping Wilson sucks because I didn't agree with the signing.

No first round grade on him -- made up their mind to draft him before the Senior Bowl -- Art specifically said he didn't want to pass on the Pitt QB like his dad did -- Art's ridiculous "he broke all of Dan Marino's records" praise.
All the more reason Arty needs to pass the baton.

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:02 am

Damn B2B, you posting that falling out of the casket GIF and your caption was the funniest f'ing thing I've seen in a long long time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already forwarded to my Steeler fan bros ...

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am

Forty Three wrote:

Yea, just fuck off. Tomlin ball washed Pickett just as much as Art II did. The notion that a coach who has been in his position for two decades had a QB forced on him is bullshit. And it was Tomlin who threw Pickett into the fire in his rookie season. It was Tomlin who continued to trot Pickett out there week after week.

But you've been singing the same song with Tomlin for a decade now.

The *only* reason Pickett is gone right now is because he demanded a trade.

Forty Three

Post by Forty Three » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:58 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am
Forty Three wrote:

Yea, just fuck off. Tomlin ball washed Pickett just as much as Art II did. The notion that a coach who has been in his position for two decades had a QB forced on him is bullshit. And it was Tomlin who threw Pickett into the fire in his rookie season. It was Tomlin who continued to trot Pickett out there week after week.

Tomlin "ball washes" everyone. Every year during Pro Day season we hear that Tomlin is absolutely in love with someone at every Pro Day they go to. It's his thing.

It's extremely obvious that Art II was the reason they took Kenny in the first round. I have no doubts that Tomlin was ultimately ok with the pick but it wasn't like he went out of his way to play Kenny.

He literally didn't start Kenny until Mitch was so bad that the offensive players were arguing with one another in the locker room.

The guy who Tomlin was dead wrong about was Mason Rudolph. Mason not getting a chance until Tomlin got fed up with Mitch was a big mistake by Mike. But if he was so enamored with Kenny he would've given him his job back. It's not like there wasn't precedence from earlier in the same fucking season to not have a starter lose their job due to injury.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:59 am

CKSteeler wrote:
Forty Three wrote:

Tomlin also hand picked Canada to NOT develop him. I hope he trades for the Chicago QB and takes another garbage QB in the 1st. Let's just burn this fucker to the ground this year and be done with this fucking fraud.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:37 am

RemoAZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:59 am
CKSteeler wrote:
Forty Three wrote:

Tomlin also hand picked Canada to NOT develop him. I hope he trades for the Chicago QB and takes another garbage QB in the 1st. Let's just burn this fucker to the ground this year and be done with this fucking fraud.
I wish.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:44 am

Forty Three wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

Is you Reddit handle SleestakLightning?
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:52 am

Wtf going on with this team

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:57 am

This Qb room a mess well only that we have one now.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:31 am

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:35 pm
Stosh-67 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:46 pm
Only pick I give up for Fields is our 5th round pick.
1-20
2-51
3-84, 98
4-119
5 - None
6-195
7-None
Need a C, T, DL, WR, S, CB with those first 5 picks.

Get the OL straight before you draft a QB.
QB in 2025
Which is hilariously accurate because we don't have a 5th round pick. You forget our front office was giving away day 3 picks like candy the past few years.
Someone finally saw my humor in that comment.
OL / DL.
CB / WR
S...
Just so many needs to waste picks on another QB that we have watched fail.

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:55 am

steelmann58 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:52 am
They have a clown who is a fucking fraud as HC, and a woke owner scared to death of firing his fraudulent ass.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 am

CoolShades wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:55 am
steelmann58 wrote:
They have a clown who is a fucking fraud as HC, and a woke owner scared to death of firing his fraudulent ass.
This same shit would be going on regardless of skin color CoolShades. You have cool shades and blinders blocking the light.

If we had a white coach with same problem with the playoff victories of late, some organizations would fire the guy. Not the Steelers. Pretty certain the Steeler organization is color blind and we’d have Marty Schottenheimer for 2 decades.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:08 am

langer wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am
Greeksteel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:29 pm
Thrillsseeker wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:27 pm

I missed all of this. What or who on the D recruited how? Whatever was said or wrote, I’ve completely missed it.
Minka and Cam
And TJ.

That's freaking crazy.

A coup by the D for Russ Wilson.
Our defense recruiting the 5’ 11” washed up QB who also has a penchant for not throwing over the middle. They recruited the frying pan instead of the fire the dumb bastards! Should have been recruiting OC and head coach!

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:21 am

RemoAZ wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:39 am
What cracks me up the most about this is all the people that actually think there was going to be a competition. There is zero chance Wilson wasn't told he'd be the starter and even less that Tomlin planned for there to be a competition. The blind faith in this fraud who's put such an awful product to watch on the field for at least a half decade is laughable. Is there anyone else in pro sports that can do as little as he has and keep their job let alone get universal praise for it?
No, Tomlin is unique in sports in that he will never be fired for cause. And it’s for one reason, and everyone knows it. Tomlin could run over Rooney’s grandson in the parking lot, and Rooney would apologize and offer to fix Tomlin’s bumper.

I now hope this season is a disaster. The only way out of this nightmare is a flushing of this entire coaching staff.

Extra nails in the coffin for the Eagles winning the Super Bowl.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:30 am

Holy crap. I thought Death Valley was wild today. KP is gone? REALLY? Wow.

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:08 am
langer wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am
Greeksteel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:29 pm

Minka and Cam
And TJ.

That's freaking crazy.

A coup by the D for Russ Wilson.
Our defense recruiting the 5’ 11” washed up QB who also has a penchant for not throwing over the middle. They recruited the frying pan instead of the fire the dumb bastards! Should have been recruiting OC and head coach!
Don’t forget... Wilson is a WPMOY winner, just like Cam. That automatically made Wilson a quality person, just like Cam. The get-along-gang just brought in another buddy. 35 year old Cam’s 1-7 playoff record isn’t interested in a developing QB. He doesn’t give a shit about the future of the organization. He wants a ring, and he’s under the delusion he can still get one.

It was decided. Fuck Kenny.

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:01 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 am
CoolShades wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
This same shit would be going on regardless of skin color CoolShades. You have cool shades and blinders blocking the light.

If we had a white coach with same problem with the playoff victories of late, some organizations would fire the guy. Not the Steelers. Pretty certain the Steeler organization is color blind and we’d have Marty Schottenheimer for 2 decades.
I doubt it. The Steelers tolerate a lot, but with Tomlin, it’s a not a “problem with playoff victories of late,”. It’s 7 years without a playoff win.. he’s 3-9 in his last 12 playoff games. His postseason record over the last 13 seasons has been awful, and in his 17 years, he’s won playoff games in only 4. If Tomlin was white, he doesn’t survive the 2017 Jacksonville loss. The Steelers canned Noll and he won 4 Super Bowls and built the franchise. They almost canned Cowher, and the media abused him. They wanted him gone. The local media is scared to death to say anything negative about Tomlin and the national media massages his prostate. That ridiculous 3-game losing streak last season was the first time the noise got loud, but it died down immediately after they got that 9th win. You can fire a white coach without being called a racist. You can’t do that to Mediocre Mike.

He has a barren coaching tree. 17 years and not one assistant has been plucked to be HC somewhere else, He is a fraud, and everyone in the NFL knows it.

If you can’t see that Tomlin’s race is the reason he’s still employed, you don’t want to see it. He’s untouchable and he knows it.

FTR, I don’t care what color Tomlin is. I don’t care if the next coach is purple. Tomlin sucks. He’s an overrated fraud, and I’m sick of him being covered in Teflon. Pointing out his record doesn’t make someone a racist. I’m sick of that narrative.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:34 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 am
CoolShades wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Dude… WE HAVE MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER. Since 2007. Marty was a little bit better in regular season and Tomlin a skish better in postseason… but those are two peas in a pod, man. The two biggest lovers of attrition, old school, “when you pass only three things can happen and two of them are bad” football.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:41 am

Forty Three wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

I totally agree with this and it is what I would expect from a non-football person running the team. Colbert also crapped the pants with no plan to replace Ben
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

langer

Post by langer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:48 am

If Kenny Football had even a little of Dante’s drive and leadership he’d still be on the team.

But he’s always carried himself as a loser and douchebag.

I was preparing for a season with this sad sack Jersey asshole but now he’s gone. Shocking.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

langer

Post by langer » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am

Not no changes or coaches or anything like that. Just the rules that are in the building," Harris added. "We've got to be more disciplined. We've got to be more committed. I'm not saying that we're not, but coming from a place that has structure and coming and just seeing, we could probably get help in these areas, make a change. I think that's something that could help. I'm not saying anything about coaches or anything like that. I'm saying in-house rules."
Obviously he was talking about Kenny Touchdown.

Commitment. Not in Kenny Footballs bag of tricks.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

jmacinwbp

Post by jmacinwbp » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:52 am

Pickett gets to take his low hanging sack to Philly, yeeaaah. Only wish it would have been the niners, so we could have had full closure on the "system vs player" comps that littered the board last year, now that would have been some nice irony.

Easy to dog pile after he's gone, but, fuck him with his lil hands & "pretty" hair, which he always seemed to be nervously fiddling with anyways; remember thinking it was an odd tick for a dude. No doubt that will be a mullet, to pair with his beer belly in about 3-5 years, wonder how happy that hottie he married is gonna be then.

Even though I thought he showed enough for a chance to prove those lil hands could make it a go with a full year without the fraud's game plans, he did nothing in his two years to merit, any type of "I was lied to/betrayed " type of reaction to being told he'd have to unseat a QB of R Wilson's caliber as the starter. Last year RWilson had upper part of the league stats & performance in some of the exact area's Pickett was most deficient in, e.g. Red Zone efficiency/TDs, decision making, and processing.

Everyone, including those rooting for the kid (or ball washers you might say) knew Pickett's struggles in those areas made the Steelers in a Tomlin mindset of an Offense virtually impossible to watch, guess dude didn't get that, or maybe he is as dumb as his genius Wunderlic score

https://www.si.com/fannation/college ... election.

indicates. Kept hoping that maybe he had somehow missed a question somewhere during the test, and it threw a group of his answers off, and it wasn't just him being dumb as the reason it was sooo difficult to read defenses at even an average level last year. At least DannyBoy could blame his 15 score on the coke. Guess I'll go with stupid now.

Was thrilled when the R Wilson news dropped, and with the rest of the tampering period moves; still am, even more more so, after watching weeks 6-11 of Denver's 23 season. Looking forward to seeing a "mauling" type of offense that Smith is going to throw out there with his two headed run game (isn't that what was sold for last year's O, wtf happened during the first half of the season???, see the end of the post for my thoughts on that).

Who knows, but it might actually help out what should be a top 10, maybe top 5 level D, by consistently scoring red zone TDs at the end of long drives, instead of always relying on Bozz for a three. Also won't hurt to have a few of those classic beauty deep ball dime TDs RWilson still has in him (yep had some last season) thrown to Pickens here and there to help open things up for the run game.

For those wishing for a complete collapse to get rid of Tomlin, sorry, but the chances of that are slim to none; not easy to forget this guy coached a team lead by 🦆 and a scared Rudolph, to within a game of making the playoffs just four years ago, stew in that for a while this off-season.

You're only hope for that scenario is they whiff on a center pick chosen in the first 3-4 rounds of the draft, setting things up for tiny RWilson to be constantly getting pressured up the middle, similar to what littlehands saw all of last year, and Meyer/Tomlin/Smith don't see that their best Online combo should be BT @LT, Daniels @ C, Moore competing for RG where he can continue to excel at run blocking, and not face the edge speed much that always kills him, & drafting a stud R Tackle in RD1 or two.

Really hoping they add a proven vet WR, like Renfro, Williams, or even TBoyd, that takes WR out of the mix for rounds 1&2, so Khan & weidle, can focus on the Oline (T, C) at those slots.

Too bad those dipshits (sub in the fraud for Smith) were blind to how bad Cole looked all through camp/preseason/and most of the regular season, and didn't make the bold move of benching Cole, putting Daniels @C, keeping Dotson for RG, starting BT @LT, and having chuks/moore battle for RT. Wonder how different the season would have played out then?

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:18 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:15 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:42 pm
.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:37 pm
The most shocking thing about Kengina is that the DEFENSE, not the offense, were the ones to go recruiting Wilson.

Defense must have been steaming last year every time they had to go back on the field after another 3 and out.
There was a lot of talk about bad attitudes in the locker room and not all of it was Dionte. The receivers and even Chuks had awful attitudes because they had no faith in the QB. Then that little bitch refused to dress when he was going to be a backup, and he had the balls to say he didn’t learn anything while on the sidelines. To top it off, he requested a trade when he found out he had to compete with a washed up Russell Wilson. That may be the worst part of it all. Even lil Ken knows he’s shit and can’t win a competition if it’s fair.
Now reports how Kenny lost the locker room last season. What revisionist BS.

Anyone watching knew Kenny never lost the locker room.

Tomlin was, and probably still is, smarting over the 400 yards gained the minute Canada was gone, completely putting egg on Mike T's face, and then Pickett gets hurt on the one yard line with an impressive quick drive the very next game. Jettisoning Rudolph, Pickett, and Mitch Trubisky just bundles up a complete clusterfuck created by Mike Tomlin's stubbornness over Matt Canada, which was probably over some Dino Tomlin scholarship.

Rudolph, Pickett, and Mitch Trubisky; all bundled up and flushed down the commode to hide the hideous truth that Mike Tomlin doesn't know a thing about about offensive NFL football, other than attrition and run out the clock bullshit he learned playing Madden.

We will still be left with Arthur Smith trying to control Mike Tomlin’s attrition football at the end of the day.
I’m with you on everything, except Kenny definitely lost the locker room last season

That was abundantly clear when everyone was clamoring for Rudolph to continue playing

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:22 pm

In the last 7 years the Steelers have reached badly twice for two busts~Pickett and Bush.
Funny how they never moved on from Bush on his rookie contract but they sure did on Pickett.
Yup, not sure who said it here, Pickett wasn't a MT pick and thankfully the organization acted fairly quickly on moving on from the bust. Bush was an MT pick and he played out his rookie C.
Funny how this shit works.

Kudos for moving up 22 spots in the 2024 draft and it only cost a pussy bust QB.

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:28 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:22 pm
anpsteel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:17 pm
Russ is still a 1 year rental, so there has to be some sort of bigger picture plan.

They still need a center, a right tackle, and they capable starting receiver to play opposite Pickens

+2 back up quarterbacks

You have to assume they’re going for receiver and free agency, because you need that person to start right away

The offensive line positions I suspect they’ll fill through the draft, with center being the most urgent at the moment
It sets up perfectly for draft an elite prospect QB in 2025... but I'm sure they'll repeat exactly the same mistake they just made 3 years ago by panicking and drafting a mediocre QB this year. Kahn, you want to prove to me that you're learning and better than the previous guy... for fucks sake don't make that same mistake again and piss away another 4 years.
I have to assume they are smart enough to recognize the team has too many holes and not enough draft picks to take a QB this season

And I really don’t want them to take Penix at 20

He’s fragile and absolutely folds like a lawn chair when being pressured

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:30 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:54 pm
anpsteel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:31 pm
So basically two 7th round picks

They are really cleaning house of anyone that isn’t on board

Good for them.
Going off of the old Draft Value chart (for whatever its worth) - Moving from Pick 120 to 98 has the equivalent value of......Pick 120.

So if you put any stock in that chart, the move up is roughly equal to a late 4th.
Gotcha

Thanks for that bit of info

So a late fourth and 2 seventh rounders

I guess it’s better than nothing

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:31 pm

Kudos for moving up 22 spots in the 2024 draft and it only cost a pussy bust QB.
^^^^

Khan
Artist
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic