2024 SF Board Draft Comments & Critiques

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Charles Demarr

Re: 2023 SF Board Draft Comments & Critiques

Post by Charles Demarr » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:47 pm

Damn you Bingo. :lol:

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm

The Panthers chose to fill other needs in the draft when we did not select Kris Jenkins (Michigan) earlier, whose daddy is a former All-Pro for our franchise, Kris Jenkins.

With our final pick, acquired from the Steelers in the Diontae Johnson trade, Carolina does select a 2nd generation defensive lineman, Judge Culpepper (Toledo), who is the offspring of the division rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers', Brad Culpepper.

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:58 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:47 pm
Damn you Bingo. :lol:
:lol: Figured I had to try something Steelers-like with that former Steelers pick.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:00 pm

Steel Bingo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm
The Panthers chose to fill other needs in the draft when we did not select Kris Jenkins (Michigan) earlier, whose daddy is a former All-Pro for our franchise, Kris Jenkins.

With our final pick, acquired from the Steelers in the Diontae Johnson trade, Carolina does select a 2nd generation defensive lineman, Judge Culpepper (Toledo), who is the offspring of the division rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers', Brad Culpepper.
Excellent work your first time out. You going to do draft a team now? That’s for the hardcore.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm

The New York Football Giants have completed their 2024 Draft. First, thanks to 49ers GM BlueRidgeBronco for the trade offer which had us trading down from 3.70 to 4.124 and obtaining two additional picks at 4.132 and 6.211. We only had six picks going into the draft. With needs everywhere on the roster, here is the Big Blue haul:

1.6 Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
2.47 Braylon Trice, EDGE, Washington
4.107 Delmar Glaze, OT, Maryland
4.124 (via SF) Calen Bullock, S, USC
4.132 (via SF) Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina
5.166 Josh Newton, CB, TCU
6.183 Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn
6.211 (via SF) Charles Turner III, C, LSU

Thanks to B2B for putting this on again! It is, indeed, the best time on Steelerfury!
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:09 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:00 pm
Steel Bingo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm

Excellent work your first time out. You going to do draft a team now? That’s for the hardcore.
Thank you. :D Yes, count me in for draft a team.

Will try anything once, things I like, will try them twice. :)

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 pm

Another SF mock closing to its end. Truly the best thing happening on this board.
Big thanks to B2B for his WILLINGNESS to run this. You do a damn fine job Sir!

To the regular posters who engage in the draft talk all year and don't do this exercise~ give it a try once. I think you will enjoy yourself.

For me, as in all years past, this exercise prepares me for the real draft in April. There are 12-16 regulars on here who talk the draft all year. Believe me I read all your posts, learn from them and take notes. Thank you to those who offer insights and their analysis for such.

Looking back I should have taken Mims for the Bengals instead of Newton. I just didn't expect the run on second tier OT's to start so quickly and run its course before our second round pick. I took Newton because I thought he is a top 4 defensive player in this draft and landing him at 18 made a lot of sense.

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:44 pm

Patriots:
1.3 Drake Maye, QB, UNC
2.34 Ladd McConkey, WR, UGA
2.64 Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
4.103 Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
5.137 Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
6.193 Eric Watts, DE, UConn
7.231 Bub Means, WR, Pitt

I got the QB I wanted and added one of my favorite WRs of the past season to watch.

Felt I had to move up a bit to grab one of my favorite OTs, as the Pats have a huge need there. He’s gonna be paired with Chuks Okorafor, which I can live with for a season. (Just threw up in my mouth a little)

Pats fans want all defensive players removed from their draft board, but I’m of the opinion that you should add a CB and DL every draft regardless of if you’re starting a rebuild or the Super Bowl champ. I’ve been on Cam Hart for some time and believe Eric Watts will be a pleasant surprise by year two.

Some would say receiving back is already a problem solved with Antonio Gibson (I am a fan), but I want more depth and snagged a local product.

Bub Means has a real shot in this league with further route-running refinement and harnessing his strength as a weapon, and WR is enough of a need to double-dip.

The Pats can’t come close to solving their offensive problems in one draft, but this is a good start.

Hats off to B2B once again for running this. I wouldn’t have the patience for you asshats constantly texting me as intermediary in your relentless trade-down attempts to acquire infinity draft picks. Go Steelers, and go fuck yourselves!

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:13 pm

21. JACKSON POWERS-JOHNSON OC Oregon
55. KRIS JENKINS DL Michigan
158. MYLES COLE EDGE Texas Tech
184. RYAN FLOURNOY WR Southeast Missouri St.
198. JAHEIM BELL TE Florida St.
241. JAYLON CARLIES SS/ILB Missouri

With this haul the Miami Dolphins were able to restock some talent at key positions.

Center is a crucial one. With the injury to Connor Williams late in the season they weren’t sure if he would make it back in time.

Which led to signing a F/A but also drafting one of the better center's available in the draft.

Like wise on the other side of the ball.

Dline is a concern after losing arguably their best player in the position. Again resigning F/A’s was what they did.

Finding their Dline player available in the second round was very fortunate and they wasted no time drafting him.

Pass rushers/edge were decimated last season literally calling guys off the couch to play in the post season.

Not what you like to happen. Drafting a good player in the 5th round was another fortunate result.

The receiving corps were their focus especially with some off the field issues for a certain player.

Preparing for the worst they doubled down on receiving talent. Besides you can never have too many skill players. Or can you? 🤓

Last but not least secondary/safety looking a little thin they took a flier on a player with good potential.

Knowing that you can’t replace or fill every position hole in the draft I believe this draft addressed some major needs.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the annual mock was a joy as well as a labor of Love.
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

DP39

Post by DP39 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:20 pm

First, a HUGE thanks to B2B for putting on the 2024 SF Board Draft, running a tight ship, and keeping everyone on schedule -- a tall task, for sure. Hat tip. ;)

Second, I'd like to thank those that considered and/or completed trades with me. For those that usually don't consider trading during the draft, I'd like to encourage you to do so, as I find it adds another element (and more fun) to the process.

With that being said, the Arizona Cardinals have completed their 2024 Draft.

Having a considerable amount of draft capital, we had the opportunity to fill many roster holes. Previously, through FA, my real-life GM filled some glaring holes -- through a bounty of real cap dollars -- by adding top level RT1A/B, C2, RB3, WR5, QB2, NT1, DE1&2, ILB3 and CB1 players. And, as we proceed into this year with a real commitment (for at least one more year) to our QB1 (Murray), we looked to further stack our OL, WR, DB, DL, and LB rooms.

So, without further ado, I give you.....

The Arizona Cardinals' 2024 Draft Selections:

1.4 Malik Nabers, WR1, LSU
1.27 Nate Wiggins, CB1, Clemson
2.35 Laiatu Latu, EDGE1, UCLA
3.71Kamari Lassiter, CB3, Georgia
3.76 Kamren Kinchens, S2/3, Miami (Fla.)
3.90 Maason Smith, DE3/4, LSU
4.104 Jermaine Burton, WR2/3, Alabama
5.138 Cade Stover, TE2, Ohio State
5.162 Marist Liufau, ILB3/4, Notre Dame
6.186 Sataoa Laumea, OG3, Utah
7.226 Isaiah Williams, WR3/4, Illinois

Though, what may be the real feather in our cap is the draft trade we made for top tier starting RT (or LT), Garett Bolles ((with a mere $4M, and zero G$, cap hit -- as DEN agreed to eat 80% ($16 of $20M) of his '24 cap hit as part of the trade)) simply by dropping back from pick #66 to #76, and still landing our original targeted player.

In this deep WR class, we were able to totally remake our room with a bonafide WR1, a WR2/3 and a WR3/4. The same can be said for our DB rooms with a new top CB1, CB3, and S2/3. As for our DL room, we mostly needed depth with the possible potential to become a future starter in a new DE3/4. Our EDGE/ILB needs were easily met with drafting the most polished EDGE1 rusher in the draft (confident his medicals will be fine), and adding to our ILBs with an ILB3/4. To top it all off, we added a promising TE2 and an underrated OG3 to continue our roster depth build out.

All in all, we feel we quite possibly landed 7 to 8 top 100 (with 3 or 4 being 1st round talents) players of this draft -- with the potential of no less than seven (7) (including Garret Bolles) real quality starter upgrades!

We still have ~$30M in cap space to spend. So we will continue to look for ways to upgrade our roster (looking at you C, Connor Williams, OG, Dalton Risner, and/or WR, Tyler Boyd). 8-)

Happy drafting.

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm

Ready to skip? Was hoping we could power through and finish it tonight.
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:13 pm

ol skool wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:44 pm
Patriots:
1.3 Drake Maye, QB, UNC
2.34 Ladd McConkey, WR, UGA
2.64 Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
4.103 Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
5.137 Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
6.193 Eric Watts, DE, UConn
7.231 Bub Means, WR, Pitt

I got the QB I wanted and added one of my favorite WRs of the past season to watch.

Felt I had to move up a bit to grab one of my favorite OTs, as the Pats have a huge need there. He’s gonna be paired with Chuks Okorafor, which I can live with for a season. (Just threw up in my mouth a little)

Pats fans want all defensive players removed from their draft board, but I’m of the opinion that you should add a CB and DL every draft regardless of if you’re starting a rebuild or the Super Bowl champ. I’ve been on Cam Hart for some time and believe Eric Watts will be a pleasant surprise by year two.

Some would say receiving back is already a problem solved with Antonio Gibson (I am a fan), but I want more depth and snagged a local product.

Bub Means has a real shot in this league with further route-running refinement and harnessing his strength as a weapon, and WR is enough of a need to double-dip.

The Pats can’t come close to solving their offensive problems in one draft, but this is a good start.

Hats off to B2B once again for running this. I wouldn’t have the patience for you asshats constantly texting me as intermediary in your relentless trade-down attempts to acquire infinity draft picks. Go Steelers, and go fuck yourselves!
You guys should see my text threads. If I could figure out a way to post them in chronological order from start to finish of the draft, I would entertain you with them.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm
We’re doing it! Have to have a week off before draft a team so I can get some vacation done!

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:16 pm

Vikings draft leaned more need more towards need picks than I like. Not a big fan of the Edge/IDL class.

1.11 JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan. Positives: tools, age, accuracy, Negatives: didn’t dominate games. May not have had the great WRs groups other college QBs enjoyed, but running game was pulling plenty of attention. Maybe my 8th overall player, QB3. Easy value for a QB hungry team at 1.11. I expect him to be drafted higher in May, but thought he’d probably fall to 11 in this.

1.23 Chop Robinson, EDGE, PSU. Positives: tools, tape, age. Negatives: ugly production, no 3-cone, meh arm length and vertical. Overall i have him ranked 20ish, EDGE2, in a bad edge class for an edge needy team.

4.108 Cedric Gray, ILB, UNC. Positives: production, tape, age (one of the youngest in the class, which is going under the radar because he’s a senior), size/length. Negatives: 40 was Fred Warnerish, no agility yet. Other people rank him way lower than I do.
4.129 Tyler Davis, DL, Clemson. Positives: best DE in ACC for years and not particularly close (different than being best NFL prospect), solid 40 for a NT, ok size. 16 sacks not bad for a run stuffer. Negatives: length, overall production, tape doesn’t excite me.
5.157 Brenden Rice, WR, USC. Positives: measurables, bloodlines. Negatives: wasn’t dominant? Probably a 2nd round pick in shallower classes.
5.167 Brandon Coleman, OL, TCU. Positives: size/length, run blocking, good player. Negatives: not great athleticism.
6.177 Elijah Jones, CB, BC. Positives: length, measurables, ball skills. Negatives: age.
7.230 Myles Harden, CB, South Dakota. Positives: measurables, tape, great player. Negatives: level of competition.
7.232 Kingsley Eguakun, C, Florida. JAG.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:23 pm

Mick wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:16 pm
Vikings draft leaned more need more towards need picks than I like. Not a big fan of the Edge/IDL class.

1.11 JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan. Positives: tools, age, accuracy, Negatives: didn’t dominate games. May not have had the great WRs groups other college QBs enjoyed, but running game was pulling plenty of attention. Maybe my 8th overall player, QB3. Easy value for a QB hungry team at 1.11.

1.23 Chop Robinson, EDGE, PSU. Positives: tools, tape, age. Negatives: ugly production, no 3-cone, meh arm length and vertical. Overall i have him ranked 20ish, EDGE2, in a bad edge class for an edge needy team.

4.108 Cedric Gray, ILB, UNC. Positives: production, tape, age (one of the youngest in the class, which is going under the radar because he’s a senior), size/length. Negatives: 40 was Fred Warnerish, no agility yet. Other people rank him way lower than I do.
4.129 Tyler Davis, DL, Clemson. Positives: best DE in ACC for years and not particularly close (different than being best NFL prospect), solid 40 for a NT, ok size. 16 sacks not bad for a run stuffer. Negatives: length, overall production, tape doesn’t excite me.
5.157 Brenden Rice, WR, USC. Positives: measurables, bloodlines. Negatives: wasn’t dominant? Probably a 2nd round pick in shallower classes.
5.167 Brandon Coleman, OL, TCU. Positives: size/length, run blocking, good player. Negatives: not great athleticism.
6.177 Elijah Jones, CB, BC. Positives: length, measurables, ball skills. Negatives: age.
7.230 Myles Harden, CB, South Dakota. Positives: measurables, tape, great player. Negatives: level of competition.
7.232 Kingsley Eguakun, C, Florida. JAG.
Harden is young, too.

I actually think the EDGE class is best described as a 3 very strong consensus top 100 picks, a whole bunch of meh that will get overdrafted, and as deep a crew of no name guys as good as any draft I remember. Mark my words, there will be at least 1 or 2 double digit sack guys from this class who are late day 3 or UDFAs.

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 pm
tbsteel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm
We’re doing it! Have to have a week off before draft a team so I can get some vacation done!
Hope you have an amazing trip dude. Really appreciate your efforts on here per usual.

OhioSteeler

Post by OhioSteeler » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:53 pm

Houston Texans:

2.42: Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
2.59: Keon Coleman, WR, FSU
3.86: Seddrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
4.123: Travis Glover, OT, Georgia State
4.127: Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU
6.188: Shon Stephens, CB, Ferris St
7.238: Javontae Jean-Baptise, DE, Notre Dame
7.247: Willie Drew, CB, Virginia St

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:02 pm

Bills draft. Fire away, folks:

1 28 Adonai "AD" Mitchell, WR, Texas
2 60 Dewayne Carter, DT, Duke
4 119 Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri
4* 133 Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
5 144 Matt Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh
5 160 Brennan Jackson, EDGE, Washington State
5 163 Fabian Lovett, DT, Florida State
6 200 Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State
6 204 Nick Samac, C, Michigan State
7 248 Cody Schrader, RB, Missouri

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:22 pm

Lions final haul. My approach would’ve changed a bit had the Cam Sutton news broke earlier. The Lions don’t have many holes to fill. Depth along the offensive line, a playmaker WR, and pass rush were my goals coming in.

1.29 Darius Robinson DE Missouri
2.61 Roman Wilson WR Michigan
3.73 Christian Haynes G Connecticut
5.164 MJ Devonshire CB Pitt
6.201 Omar Brown S Nebraska
6.205 Trevor Keegan OL Michigan
7.249 Dallas Gant LB Toledo

As always, great draft gentlemen. Thank you to Wil and everyone that makes this happen.

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:16 am

Welp, this didn't go as I was anticipating for the Ravens. Just a bunch of lottery tickets and hope a few work out. Probably reached on the top pick but he seems like a riser and I like his profile. Elliss is pure lottery ticket. The rest? Who knows. Tyreek Johnson was my favorite sleeper. Probably would've hit receiver earlier but honestly I'm tired of drafting WRs for Lamar lol. Planned on addressing DL at some point but it just didn't work out.

1.32 Kiran Amegadjie, OL, Yale
2.62 Jonah Elliss, EDGE, Utah
3.93 Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
4.113 Mason McCormick, IOL, South Dakota State
4.130 Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
4.134 Will Shipley, RB, Clemson
5.159 Tyreek Johnson, DE, South Carolina
5.165 Jacob Cowing, WR, Arizona
7.228 David White Jr., WR, Western Carolina
7.250 Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State
7.252 Deiyantei Powell-Woods, OL, Central Michigan

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 am

That's a wrap for the Pack

Thanks as always for running the show, B2B

Wanted to give new Packers' DC Jeff Hafley some new weapons to compete in the suddenly pass happy NFC North

Packers Picks:

1.) Cooper Dejean CB Iowa
2.) Kool-Aid Mckinstry CB Alabama
2.) Junior Colson LB Michigan
3.) Christian Mahogany OG Boston College
3.) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech
4.) Johnny Wilson WR Florida St
5.) Kristian Boyd DT Northern Iowa
6.) Garrett Greenfield OT South Dakota St
7.) Kendall Milton RB Georgia
7.) Cedric Johnson DE Ole Miss
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 am

Jacksonville Jaguars draft

1.CB Quinton Mitchell Toledo, 6’2, 195, 4.33 fourty. Number 1 corner in this draft, in my opinion. Jags secondary was not good this past season.

2.WR Troy Franklin Oregon, 6’3, 190, 4.36 fourty. Burner, solid hands.

3.RB Trey Benson. FSU, 6’0, 220,4.39, gives the Jags a good 1-2 punch at RB with Eitienne.

4a.OL Dominic Puni Kansas, 6’5, 320, can play all five Oline position, he backs up Schreef for a year then takes over in year 2.

4b. OC Tanor Bortlini Wisconsin, 6’4, 305, blew up the combine, sits for two years behind Mitch Morse, starter year 3.

5. SCB/S Malik Mustapha Wake, 5’10, 210,4.39, reminds me of Bob Sanders, human missile. Put in the slot, or as safety 3. Feldman Freak List.

6. CB Decameron Richardson Mississippi State, 6’3, 185, 4.34, size weight speed to burn, 1-2 development player, good special teams gunner.

7.DT Justin Jefferson. LSU, 6’3, 320, good run stuffer, wave player. Feldman Freak List.

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:14 am

That’s the way to close out a draft!

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:56 am

Eagles 2024 draft ended a while ago, but I'm back from the beach, the Dewey Beer Best Brewpub in the USA party, and the Weekend of Compelling Ales and Spirits at DFH, so I'll take a look back.

1) WR Brian Thomas, Jr., LSU: Nabers got more press throughout the year, for sure, but this kid was definitely 1B of a great tandem, and he's got the size, speed, hands and moves to be a #2 for the Birds this year, and eventually replace AJ Brown as he ages out of his prime moving forward.

2) S Tyler Nubin, Minnesota: Here's a kid who's got everything it takes to be a day one starter in the NFL, and move Reed Blankenship, who doesn't excite anyone on a team with Super Bowl aspirations, to the bench.. Didn't need a ton of immediate impact out of this draft, but the top two picks, I think, will provide it.

2B) DL Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson: Mountain of a DT/DE prospect along a flexible and deep Philly front, some huge strength and upside to "replace" departed team leader and Steelerfury Draft Chat Legend Fletcher Cox, and some insurance against Jordan Davis continuing to underachieve compared to his draft status. Depth along the fronts: the Philly trademark.

4) WR Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington: I'll admit, I had another Jaylen in mind for this pick, and when he vanished before my eyes one pick ahead of mine, pivoted to the value here and nabbed a guy who can add depth and some snaps in the slot and outside in spot duty, as well as starter potential going forward. Not bad at this point in the 4th.

5A) EDGE/OLB Sundiata Anderson, Grambling: Combine snub with great tape who showed out pretty well in post-season competition. Despite the snub and lack of measurables, you can see the obvious athleticism on the field, and he could play a lot of positions well. The potential and flexibility makes the pick here. The Birds have the luxury of patience on the front 7.

5B) DB Mikey Victor, Alabama State: Player was pretty dominant for his LOC, and has the raw ability to translate those skills to the NFL level. Performed well at the Hula and Shrine. Could be a boundary CB, could be a rangy safety covering big WR and TE types down the field, and could maybe do said from the big nickel spot earlier on in his journey. Again with potential, flexibility and patience.

5C) OT Tariq Stewart, North Carolina A&T: Kind of easily the best OL at the Legacy Bowl, and has some serious athletic ability for a player his size (6'5", 310ish), here's another guy who could be a solid starter at a bunch of positions on the line (no real experience at C, but other than that...?) given time to develop, and on the OL (like the DL), we've got the time to give him.

6) RB Miyan Williams, The Ohio State University: So, the Jaylen I missed out on in the 4th was meant to be more RB depth behind an injury waiting to happen in Saquon Barkley. The vet depth is, well, only Kenny Gainwell. The Jaylen I had targeted would have been a pretty plug and play piece in exchange for an injured Saquon, but now we do the opposite. Miyan's playing style (nickname of "Angry" wasn't for no reason) is definitely smashmouth, heavy metal football, and it takes a toll on him (definitely some injury history here) and his opponents alike. If you can't get similar, go get the opposite. It's a little homerish, but I love the player. At this spot? I'll take the chance.

So, there ya have it. Really only think the Compelling Ales and Spirits had an influence on the last pick, but I'll stand by it. Thanks as always to Wil for putting this thing on, I learned a lot and had a great time as usual. See all in the draft-a-team after a needed one-week break!
Last edited by Ice on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:54 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:16 am
Welp, this didn't go as I was anticipating for the Ravens. Just a bunch of lottery tickets and hope a few work out. Probably reached on the top pick but he seems like a riser and I like his profile. Elliss is pure lottery ticket. The rest? Who knows. Tyreek Johnson was my favorite sleeper. Probably would've hit receiver earlier but honestly I'm tired of drafting WRs for Lamar lol. Planned on addressing DL at some point but it just didn't work out.

1.32 Kiran Amegadjie, OL, Yale
2.62 Jonah Elliss, EDGE, Utah
3.93 Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
4.113 Mason McCormick, IOL, South Dakota State
4.130 Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
4.134 Will Shipley, RB, Clemson
5.159 Tyreek Johnson, DE, South Carolina
5.165 Jacob Cowing, WR, Arizona
7.228 David White Jr., WR, Western Carolina
7.250 Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State
7.252 Deiyantei Powell-Woods, OL, Central Michigan
This is probably one of those drafts that seems weird now but in 3 years will look more like genius. I love Tyreek as an athlete but beyond the occasional flash and his team-first attitude, he's hard to project. He'll wow you, though.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:32 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:22 pm
My approach would’ve changed a bit had the Cam Sutton news broke earlier.
I swear this happens with some team every year. The dust settles in Free Agency, the draft gets rolling, then WHAM...a major trade or whatever takes place.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Forgot a whole player from my write-up. Maybe the ales took a heavier toll than I thought.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:18 am

LA Chargers 2024 Mock Draft

1.05 Rome Odunze WR Washington
2.37 Byron Murphy DL Texas
3.Max Melton CB Rutgers
4.105 Marshawn Lloyd RB USC
4.110 Beaux Limmer C Arkansas
5.140 Tanner Maclachlan TE Arizona
6.181 Robert Horsey DT Southern Utah
7.225 Steele Chambers LB OSU
7.253 Tylan Grable OT UCF

BlueridgeBronc1

Post by BlueridgeBronc1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:17 pm

Really late to the party sharing the final haul for the NFC Champions, but all in all, Pseudo-Lynch built for the future:

1.31 OT Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
2.51 DL Michael Hall - Ohio State
2.63 WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
3.70 CB Ennis Rakestraw - Missouri
3.94 TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
5.145 (via DEN) EDGE Mohamed Kamara - Colorado State
5.176 (Comp) RB Ray Davis - Kentucky
6.207 (via DEN) S/LB James Williams - Miami
6.215 (Comp) QB Michael Pratt - Tulane

Pleasure doing virtual business with you all!

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:13 am

Yet again the Colts DOMINATE the SteelerFury Draft. Pretty much nailed all 7 picks well in advance. Terrion Arnold in the extreme.
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic