Justin Fields from the Bears perspective

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
CoolShades

Justin Fields from the Bears perspective

Post by CoolShades » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:51 pm

Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:55 pm

New backup is better and more physically gifted than the old starter, and has never quit on his team. I don’t see anything funny about that.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:05 am

Steelperch wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:55 pm
New backup is better and more physically gifted than the old starter, and has never quit on his team. I don’t see anything funny about that.
It's amazing how many people don't think we're better off with the QB room today instead of just a couple of months ago.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:06 am

I don’t see any humor either

No doubt the additions and the subtractions have improved the QB room

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:21 am

JackLambert58 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:05 am
Steelperch wrote:
It's amazing how many people don't think we're better off with the QB room today instead of just a couple of months ago.
^^^^

Yep

Just incredibly low football acumen

It shocked me yesterday

Just as dumb today with 24 hours to wrap their head around it

Smarten up

Or simply put the keyboard down and find a human or even a nice dog to spend some time with until you
can find a way to process the sense of it

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:23 am

two coaching regimes, two different offensive coordinators and two general managers
I am not a big Fields fan.
But he did not have a great supporting cast not to mention the above and constant change.
So so OL.
Not alot of skill talent around him.
Chase Claypool FCOL

Rooting for him, like all of us should be. Played in big college football games.
I'm thinking the PS style of run heavy, limited passing will help both Fields and Russ.

Go get a C, an OT.
Build that OL to protect these guys.... to protect our 2025 QB.

Go get a FA wr #2.
Go draft a WR....2nd or 3rd round.

And hoping a new OC will be better at composing and utilizing the talent to the best of their abilities and strong points.

And yeah...
Use Fields in packages....
Utilize his best attributes as well.
Less spotlight....limited exposure in high win probability situations may do him well.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:28 am

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
Follow
Important note on the Justin Fields trade: At least four additional teams inquired about trading for Fields, but Fields’ representation asked for him not to be traded there. He wanted the #Steelers, and the #Bears did right by him

.Kodiak

Post by .Kodiak » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 am

But did Fields want the Steelers before or after they signed Wilson?

Seems odd to choose a team he wouldn't at least have a shot to compete for the starting job, and the offensively-challenged Steelers is not where I would hope to resurrect my career.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:41 am

.Kodiak wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 am

Seems odd to choose a team he wouldn't at least have a shot to compete for the starting job, and the offensively-challenged Steelers is not where I would hope to resurrect my career.
I read and article where Fields all but called Russell Wilson his idol.

Said he changed his approach to being a QB and started modeling himself after Wilson.

I do not think Fields is going to have any problem with Wilson being the starter and his mentor.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

jmacinwbp

Post by jmacinwbp » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:45 am

There's 0.0% chance Tomlin leaves on anything but his own terms. No amount of internet posting or complaining is going to change that.

If you're a Steelers fan, probably best to just accept that fact and try to enjoy moves that make the team more competitive when changes are made that addresses serious deficiencies, and look forward to what should be an interesting season, with hopefully many more red zone TDs. At least that what I'm going to do, but each to his/her own.
Last edited by jmacinwbp on Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:11 am

My concern is being better off to the point the FO doesn't target and go after a potential franchise QB in the 2025 draft but not good enough at the position to get us #7
Last edited by Havoc on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

jmacinwbp

Post by jmacinwbp » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:35 am

Havoc wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:11 am
My concern is being better off to the point the FO doesn't target and go after a potential franchise QB in the 2025 draft but not good enough at the position to get us #7

If we sucked ass at rushing the passer and signed 2 OLBs to improve from 4 to 8 sacks is that reason to celebrate? No dispute on the improvement... that's not the issue. The issue is getting where we (well some of us at least) want to go. I don't give a rats ass about being the Dallas Cowboys and being fake relevant. I want to build toward the next Lombardi.
It may not happen, but I believe the moves made at QB, get us much closer to what everyone wants as the end game, rather than standing pat with a non competitive lil hands bitch like Pickett, and an always 3rd, maybe 2nd string capable Qb like Mason. IMHO both of the current QBs, have more of a chance of getting to what you want than either of our previous players at the position. Therefore, should
be something to be happy about.

If they focus on the two obviously weak points in the Oline very early and in the draft, and get a starter capable WR FA that doesn't break the cap, then they will be setup to compete in the AFC , even with Tomlin's limited Offensive mindset.

Don't tell me tanking for a top 3 pick to get the next Kermit is the way to go. Draft history shows way more misses in that scenario than hits, not too mention the QB you're looking to compete with wasn't picked by having a complete tank of a season for pick 1-3 in the draft.
Last edited by jmacinwbp on Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

langer

Post by langer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:45 am

The Bears have chewed up and spit out QBs. What ever happened to the long-necked Mike Glennon, who showed flashes of semi-brilliance, and beat the hapless Steelers iirc.

Kenny Heisman was and is a loser, with a shit attitude, and was a cancer in the locker room. It's obvious now he was the source of a lot of discontent, and frustrated WRs.

Wilson might also be a locker room cancer, but hopefully that doesn't happen. Fields seems like a million dollar body with a ten cent brain.

Rudolph was the same.

As long as Kenny Football is gone the QB room is improved. The WRs can't bitch now, they got their fellas in there the D can't either, they brought Russ here.

A net positive, but still not the best. Marginal improvements.
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Steelersfan

Post by Steelersfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:20 am

Look, I want the Steelers to win a Super Bowl every year. All diehards do. Nothing less is good enough. Nothing less matters.

BUT I NO WAY, want the team to EVER tank either. I have watched them every week of my life with heart and a fervor since 1971 at 10 years old. The last 3 seasons about killed me. Most BORING fucking Steeler offense I can remember. There were actually a few Sundays in the last year (never since 71) where I thought about missing a game and loading the boat & going fishing instead. First time in my Steeler history, at times, I didn't have faith before kickoff that we could win. I want them to be a Super Bowl team, yes. I love having "THAT FEELING" in Nov & Dec & walking around singing that dumb ass song, confident we are good enough to make the big dance.

But I never want to watch a game again feeling we don't have a chance to win, before the game even starts. Confidence in our team sends the entertainment value thru the roof. That's what being a Steeler fan is all about.

Fuck tanking! That's what Tomlin's coaching hires did to us the last 3 years. That WAS tanking. Never again. I'm loving the attempt to build the roster up, to help get that confidence back. Kudos to Kahn. Don't ever settle and especially never tank.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:56 am

My disappointment and gripe has nothing to do with whether they were better off with Pickett or Rudolph or Wilson or whoever the fuck. I'm pissed off because the moves do nothing more than keep them average and that keeps Teflon Tomlin keeping them average for who knows how much longer. This organization needs to cure themselves of the cancer that is Tomlin. That's the only thing that will get them back to having a chance at being a contender. Some of you say you will never root for them to lose, wish for them to tank or blah fucking blah. I want my Steelers to either be a contender or striving to get there. For me that would mean this season they go with Kenny, because they already used that first round pick and someone they take a chance on mid round in the draft. Other than that, they use the draft and FA to rebuild both lines and get ready for 2025. The pick on Fields is completely wasted because he isn't going to go from garbage to worth $25 mil so he's gone after this season and unless they are stupid or Wilson gets hurt (both of which have a good chance of being true), he isn't playing more than 49% of the snaps anyway. Signing Wilson is dumb because of the Tomlin average factor I already stated and they damn well knew it would end the Pickett experiment. I pretty much gave up on Pickett turning into anything under this coaching staff anyway but I sure as hell would have rather watched him competing against a draft pick than Wilson likely guaranteeing 9 wins, no chance at being a contender and a Tomlin extension pushing us to close to 2030 before we have any hope again. At this point I'm sure I'll be done watching the NFL before I wait that long.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

CKSteeler

Post by CKSteeler » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:21 am

RemoAZ wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:56 am
My disappointment and gripe has nothing to do with whether they were better off with Pickett or Rudolph or Wilson or whoever the fuck. I'm pissed off because the moves do nothing more than keep them average and that keeps Teflon Tomlin keeping them average for who knows how much longer. This organization needs to cure themselves of the cancer that is Tomlin. That's the only thing that will get them back to having a chance at being a contender. Some of you say you will never root for them to lose, wish for them to tank or blah fucking blah. I want my Steelers to either be a contender or striving to get there. For me that would mean this season they go with Kenny, because they already used that first round pick and someone they take a chance on mid round in the draft. Other than that, they use the draft and FA to rebuild both lines and get ready for 2025. The pick on Fields is completely wasted because he isn't going to go from garbage to worth $25 mil so he's gone after this season and unless they are stupid or Wilson gets hurt (both of which have a good chance of being true), he isn't playing more than 49% of the snaps anyway. Signing Wilson is dumb because of the Tomlin average factor I already stated and they damn well knew it would end the Pickett experiment. I pretty much gave up on Pickett turning into anything under this coaching staff anyway but I sure as hell would have rather watched him competing against a draft pick than Wilson likely guaranteeing 9 wins, no chance at being a contender and a Tomlin extension pushing us to close to 2030 before we have any hope again. At this point I'm sure I'll be done watching the NFL before I wait that long.
This is basically where I'm at. They marginally improved the QB position, though not by as much as some people seem to be hoping. It's a 35 year old gamble on a QB because no one really trusts Mike Tomlin to draft and develop a young super star QB.

The team is just spinning their wheels until Tomlin is gone.

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:08 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:32 am

Could be he liked the current OC with his Tannehill resurrection and wanted the same rise.

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:54 pm

CKSteeler wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:21 am
RemoAZ wrote:
This is basically where I'm at. They marginally improved the QB position, though not by as much as some people seem to be hoping. It's a 35 year old gamble on a QB because no one really trusts Mike Tomlin to draft and develop a young super star QB.

This is me as well.

I can’t believe how everyone has just accepted the Tomlin shit sandwich.

Everyone here who is still shitting on Pickett is just re-directing their frustration to the easy target. Because they can.

The Steeler PR machine is now in overdrive. They need the fan base to hate Pickett, or they could have a PR disaster on their hands. Can’t have the fans turn on Tomlin or Rooney. Not once have I seen a credible source that says 1) he was a locker room cancer 2) he refused to dress 3) he quit on the team. That is all shit dumped by the Steelers through their media stooges, and people like Dulac and Madden go into overdrive. Madden is especially gross.

But people keep repeating it like the reddit lemmings they are.

No, the Steelers quit on Pickett. They never gave him the support he needed or deserved as a 1st round pick. If you pick a QB in the 1st, he’s supposed to be the franchise guy. He got Matt fucking Canada and a moron for a HC. He was backstabbed by Heyward and others to bring in a real locker room cancer in Wilson, and a turnover machine in Fields. Why wouldn’t he want out? To appease a bunch of strangers by proving he wanted to be “a Steeler”? What the fuck does that even mean in 2024? Being satisfied with NHALS? Because that’s all this team is now. Players like Heyward and Watt, praising Tomlin like he’s god’s gift to coaching and how they’d never want to play for another HC. These soft fucking players are exactly the reflection of their coach. “We saved NHALS for Coach T!” Good for you, you fucking losers.

This fan base is delusional. Everyone knows what the problem really is, but we all know nothing will be done.

Why does everyone think they know more about the inner workings of the Steelers than Pickett? He lived inside that dysfunctional organization for over 2 years. He saw Tomlin lie to guys. He saw Tomlin treat players differently. He also saw how pathetic the offensive scheme was and he never once criticized it publicly. They threw Pickett in behind a shit o-line, a center who snapped every ball at his feet and a terrible offensive scheme. He had Matt fuckin’ Canada and Mediocre Mike as his braintrust. “But he wore his hat backwards! And he said he didn’t learn anything from the sidelines! REEEEEEEE!” He was a good soldier. He did what he was told. My daughter knew what plays were coming under that bullshit offense, for Pete’s sake.

Was he good? No. But I think it would have made the most sense to let him start this season and if he sucked under the new OC, you cut him loose and look for a new QB in 2025. The Steelers are not winning any SB this season. Hell, they will be lucky to break their 7 year playoff drought.

And if they do? Let’s say they win a playoff game. WTF do they do for QB in 2025? Sign 36 (soon to be 37) Wilson? Extend the turnover machine that is Fields? They’ll have the same fucking problem next year.

People don’t think this is funny? It’s hilarious! Fields has 30 INTs and 38 fumbles in 3 seasons. His hands might be bigger than Pickett’s, but Kenny didn’t put the ball on the ground like that. He wasn’t a turnover machine. “But we upgraded the QB room! REEEEEEE!” Yeah, sure we did. A bonafide cancer that is Wilson (imagine winning a SB and being so disliked, the team trades you anyway.. And your new team pays $40 Million for you to just GO AWAY) and a turnover machine that is Fields, a guy who the Bears did everything they could to help succeed. “But Fields is a great athlete! And their coaching was bad! And he didn’t have players around him! REEEEEEE!” (Say that about Pickett and you are a Pickett fanboy, but it’s OK to crank out the excuses for Fields). Fields was so transformational that the Bears cut him loose and are starting over. Yep. Looks like a much better QB room to me. Big Fucking Whoop.

Fuck Deuce and fuck Tomlin. They’ve destroyed this franchise. We are now in “must win because Cam is old and TJ is aging” mode? Great. All the Steelers did is put new tires on an old car. The engine is the same. This car is not winning any races.

I’m not the world’s biggest Pickett fan. I hate the Eagles. But I’ll be buying an Eagles Pickett jersey. And I’ll wear it every fucking Sunday until either Tomlin is fired, dies or Pickett leaves Philly. And then I’ll buy his next team’s jersey until he’s out of the league or Tomlin is gone. It’s my silent protest of the Tomlin devastation to the once proud Steelers franchise. My Pickett jersey will be the symbol of everything that’s wrong with this organization.
Mike Tomlin and NHALS - The embodiment of the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Post by 955876 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:25 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Taking that a step further, the things they say that Fields struggles with (seeing the field, going through progressions, getting passes out late, etc) are all things that PR Pickett sucked at in spades.

So we have a better athlete with a better arm but with similar issues above the neck.

That’s still a net gain.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 pm

CoolShades wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:54 pm
CKSteeler wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

This is me as well.

Everyone here who is still shitting on Pickett is just re-directing their frustration to the easy target. Because they can.

The Steeler PR machine is now in overdrive. They need the fan base to hate Pickett, or they could have a PR disaster on their hands. Can’t have the fans turn on Tomlin or Rooney. Not once have I seen a credible source that says 1) he was a locker room cancer 2) he refused to dress 3) he quit on the team. That is all shit dumped by the Steelers through their media stooges, and people like Dulac and Madden go into overdrive. Madden is especially gross.

No, the Steelers quit on Pickett. They never gave him the support he needed or deserved as a 1st round pick. If you pick a QB in the 1st, he’s supposed to be the franchise guy. He got Matt fucking Canada and a moron for a HC. He was backstabbed by Heyward and others to bring in a real locker room cancer in Wilson, and a turnover machine in Fields. Why wouldn’t he want out? To appease a bunch of strangers by proving he wanted to be “a Steeler”? What the fuck does that even mean in 2024? Being satisfied with NHALS? Because that’s all this team is now. Players like Heyward and Watt, praising Tomlin like he’s god’s gift to coaching and how they’d never want to play for another HC. These soft fucking players are exactly the reflection of their coach. “We saved NHALS for Coach T!” Good for you, you fucking losers.

This fan base is delusional. Everyone knows what the problem really is, but we all know nothing will be done.

Why does everyone think they know more about the inner workings of the Steelers than Pickett? He lived inside that dysfunctional organization for over 2 years. He saw Tomlin lie to guys. He saw Tomlin treat players differently. He also saw how pathetic the offensive scheme was and he never once criticized it publicly. They threw Pickett in behind a shit o-line, a center who snapped every ball at his feet and a terrible offensive scheme. He had Matt fuckin’ Canada and Mediocre Mike as his braintrust. “But he wore his hat backwards! And he said he didn’t learn anything from the sidelines! REEEEEEEE!” He was a good soldier. He did what he was told. My daughter knew what plays were coming under that bullshit offense, for Pete’s sake.

Was he good? No. But I think it would have made the most sense to let him start this season and if he sucked under the new OC, you cut him loose and look for a new QB in 2025. The Steelers are not winning any SB this season. Hell, they will be lucky to break their 7 year playoff drought.

And if they do? Let’s say they win a playoff game. WTF do they do for QB in 2025? Sign 36 (soon to be 37) Wilson? Extend the turnover machine that is Fields? They’ll have the same fucking problem next year.

People don’t think this is funny? It’s hilarious! Fields has 30 INTs and 38 fumbles in 3 seasons. His hands might be bigger than Pickett’s, but Kenny didn’t put the ball on the ground like that. He wasn’t a turnover machine. “But we upgraded the QB room! REEEEEEE!” Yeah, sure we did. A bonafide cancer that is Wilson (imagine winning a SB and being so disliked, the team trades you anyway.. And your new team pays $40 Million for you to just GO AWAY) and a turnover machine that is Fields, a guy who the Bears did everything they could to help succeed. “But Fields is a great athlete! And their coaching was bad! And he didn’t have players around him! REEEEEEE!” (Say that about Pickett and you are a Pickett fanboy, but it’s OK to crank out the excuses for Fields). Fields was so transformational that the Bears cut him loose and are starting over. Yep. Looks like a much better QB room to me. Big Fucking Whoop.

Fuck Deuce and fuck Tomlin. They’ve destroyed this franchise. We are now in “must win because Cam is old and TJ is aging” mode? Great. All the Steelers did is put new tires on an old car. The engine is the same. This car is not winning any races.

I’m not the world’s biggest Pickett fan. I hate the Eagles. But I’ll be buying an Eagles Pickett jersey. And I’ll wear it every fucking Sunday until either Tomlin is fired, dies or Pickett leaves Philly. And then I’ll buy his next team’s jersey until he’s out of the league or Tomlin is gone. It’s my silent protest of the Tomlin devastation to the once proud Steelers franchise. My Pickett jersey will be the symbol of everything that’s wrong with this organization.
You put more effort into this post than Pickett was willing to give to earn his QB1 spot back. The difference between Fields, Wilson, and Pickett is that 2 out of the 3 have backbones. 1 out of the 3 wilted at the first sign of competition and asked for the first bus out of town. Apparently 6 TDs in 3 months last season should have been enough for him to get the #1 spot back.

Say what you will about the skill of Fields and Wilson, but at least they aren't quitters.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

langer

Post by langer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 pm

But I’ll be buying an Eagles Pickett jersey.
LOL
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

blu

Post by blu » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 pm

You put more effort into this post than Pickett was willing to give to earn his QB1 spot back. The difference between Fields, Wilson, and Pickett is that 2 out of the 3 have backbones. 1 out of the 3 wilted at the first sign of competition and asked for the first bus out of town. Apparently 6 TDs in 3 months last season should have been enough for him to get the #1 spot back.

Say what you will about the skill of Fields and Wilson, but at least they aren't quitters.
Yes, if Pickett didn't have his last tantrum & ask to be traded, KP would have been #2 & start when Wilson would go down or the next year when Wilson may easily not be back. KP would have had a better o-line with a new center who wouldn't throw the ball to his feet. Would Fields have come to Pittsburgh with Pickett on the roster?
Wilson or Fields may not be the saviors but If Rudolph (no one special) could out-play Kenny with the same players in front, Pickett could have kept his mouth shut & also not have had the tantrum in the final game when he wasn't given the start.
I didn't want KP picked in the first place & was hoping they would gone with Rudolph & Trubisky & would have probably finished with a better draft pick in a later draft with better QB choices or could have picked 1 of the shitty 2022 QB choices later. It was common knowledge prior to the 2022 draft that the QB choices that year were not of franchise QB quality (except for possibly the last pick in that draft but who knew).

CoolShades

Post by CoolShades » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:24 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 pm
CoolShades wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

This is me as well.

Yeah, I know. :lol: :lol: I was inspired!

Pickett didn’t quit. Tomlin lied to him. Why would he want to stick around and waste his time on the Steelers? He didn’t owe this team a damn thing. If he had the ability to ask for a trade, good for him. I’ll bet there are quite a few guys who feel/felt the same way. James Harrison comes to mind. So does Marvin Ingram, DJ, Dotson, Blount? Not everyone wants to play for Cool Shades. Let’s see how fast Pickens leaves tracks.

He was told he was QB1 and would compete for the job. He found out about the Wilson signing on social media and when he talked to Tomlin, he was told that Wilson was opening camp as the starter. Oh really? Thanks Coach T!

Pickett had 2 years of shit development as a 1st round pick. The defensive captain (and Tomlin sycophant) openly lobbied against him. The Steeler media stooges were in a full-court press to bury him. Pickett wasn’t getting the starting job and we all know it. Kind of like Rudolph last season. He had no shot. He’ll be 26 in June, and he hasn’t developed on the Steelers. If the Steelers weren’t going to give him this season, it was pointless to stay.

This whole “he quit” narrative is just another reason to pile on the Pickett hate. The guy is gone. Let him go. He’s no longer an issue and he’s not going to lose any games for the Steelers and Mediocre Mike. But the media is still slamming him because he didn’t bow to the coaching brilliance of Tomlin. Tomlin’s track record for developing QBs is a 17-year donut hole... why stay?

Good for him for giving that arrogant, incompetent prick the middle finger and moving on. If I had the ability to give Tomlin the finger I would do it too. I guarantee you he will bust his ass in Philly, bide his time, and he’ll be ready if and when his number is called. And he’ll get another opportunity... Coaching in Philadelphia is much better than in Pittsburgh. The offense is better. The line is better. The scheme is better. The players are better. Pickett will learn and he will be better. Look what they did for Gardner Minshew.

This isn’t about Pickett. I’ve wanted Tomlin gone since 2017.

Don’t worry. I’m running out of steam. I have to buy and wear an Eagles jersey and the thought of it makes me queasy. :mrgreen:

I’ll have to save my energy to root for an Eagles SB win... and I’ll be rooting for NHALS to end.

I believe the Steelers play the Eagles in Philadelphia this season? I’ll be there, wearing my Pickett jersey and giving Tomlin the business as he heads for the locker room.

Fly Eagles Fly! And Fuck You, Mediocre Mike! :lol: :lol:

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 pm

CoolShades wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

This is me as well.

What if I told you that both facts can be true at once?
1)Tomlin sucks at managing the QB room AND
2) that KP is an entitled pussy

It's not a binary choice

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:29 pm

There is still plenty of work to be done this offseason, but how can you not be happy with what they've done to this point?

Get another vet WR - Tyler Boyd for a year? Michael Thomas? I kind of like Josh Reynolds myself.
Draft a day 1 or 2 WR - Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai, Franklin, Legette, Roman Wilson, Corley etc. So many others.
Get one of the 2 Centers in the draft - JPJ or Frazier
Sign a vet corner - Gilmore, White, Xavien, Adoree Jackson, Rock Ya Sin etc.
Add a RB - Lev Bell? Or a late rounder.

The one thing that scares me is I don't think they see Dan Moore as a problem. Don't be surprised if a premium pick is not used on a tackle. I could see them using one of the 3rds on a guy like Blake Fisher.

Kenny and Mitch are gone. Our front office is so much more aggressive than we've seen in a long time. A lot of good despite Tomlin still being in charge. I'm a huge Justin Fields fan, I could care less what others think about him. If you paid any attention to the Bears, they were one of the worst constructed offensive rosters in football over the past 3 years. Ask DJ Moore what he thinks about Fields. Chicago finally added a legit #1 WR and he put up the best numbers of his career. His teammates in Chicago loved him and preferred him over crying Caleb. I don't even care if it turns into a 4th rounder, it was an absolute steal. I can't wait to see him next year.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:57 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:29 pm

The one thing that scares me is I don't think they see Dan Moore as a problem. Don't be surprised if a premium pick is not used on a tackle. I could see them using one of the 3rds on a guy like Blake Fisher.
Khan has said that they are moving Jones to LT and while he does not make the decisions, that did not come out of the blue. I would say RT or Center are high on the list. Get a starting RT would help the Oline a great deal.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:06 pm

jebrick wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:57 pm
Charles Demarr wrote:

Khan has said that they are moving Jones to LT and while he does not make the decisions, that not come out of the blue. I would say RT or Center are high on the list. Get a starting RT would help the Oline a great deal.
Eventually.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:28 pm

jebrick wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

Khan has said that they are moving Jones to LT and while he does not make the decisions, that did not come out of the blue. I would say RT or Center are high on the list. Get a starting RT would help the Oline a great deal.
You don't think they see Dan Moore as a potential solution at RT? I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:43 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:28 pm
jebrick wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:

You don't think they see Dan Moore as a potential solution at RT? I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them.
I think they are going to give him a chance but the RT options are so good in this draft I could see them drafting one and moving Moore inside.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic