Re: Just saw this…Alex H restructured

Post by cop1211 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 am

Stillchest wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:36 am
tbsteel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 am
Jobu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

Those odds are “close to nil” with or without Aiyuk.
I mean, I don't see why he wouldn't be re-signed. I doubt we'll have much money at QB at that time. We gotta spend that cap space on somebody. :D
Maybe Pickens wants to play in a modern NFL offense, where he gets more than three balls a game?
Then why would any WR want to come to Pittsburgh

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm
The Lions made St Brown the highest paid WR in the NFL 4 years $120

What’s Aiyuk going to want?

Save the draft pick
Save the money

Draft a WR rd 1
Drama always on the money.

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm
Steeldrama wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm
The Lions made St Brown the highest paid WR in the NFL 4 years $120

What’s Aiyuk going to want?

Save the draft pick
Save the money

Draft a WR rd 1
Drama always on the money.
Makes the most sense by far long-term, but if they really think they're going to skin the cat into contention with (at least) four primary positions of need, in one draft, and they can get a starting WR for a 3rd-ish*, then they might feel that leaves them just enough capital to go get OC,OT and NCB with the remaining top 100 picks, with some day threes to spare. Not endorsing the plan, just saying it's a strong possibility that's what they're going for.

* for Aiyuk, 4th or preferably 5th-ish for Sutton.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm

Until we get that young franchise QB, it's hard to justify going all in with a huge investment in both $ and draft pick(s) for a WR.

The odds Russell Wilson turns his career around or Justin Fields learns how to read a defense are close to 0. We're going to need to draft a new QB next year.

Why go all-in on Aiyuk just so you can finish 9-8.... GD it, that's it. Shit.
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

I have this totally insane theory that Wilson is going to turn his career around and we are going to have him as the starter for the next 3 or so years and compete for the AFC title.

I know I know I probably need to be committed.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

You don't have a QB to pay and no drafted player is ever an absolute guarantee. An argument can be made to do this if Omar can work magic to avoid giving up an R1 pick. Swap 1s and give up a 3rd? That would be CRAZY, but not likely. Then draft your center at 31. I wouldn't be angry. George Pickens would probably be angry. :lol:
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm
I have this totally insane theory that Wilson is going to turn his career around and we are going to have him as the starter for the next 3 or so years and compete for the AFC title.

Providing further proof that Payton is a pinhead and degenerate tit-licker is a nice bonus in this dream scenario.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm
Orangesteel wrote:

Providing further proof that Payton is a pinhead and degenerate tit-licker is a nice bonus in this dream scenario.
Yes!
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

W&M_Steeler

Post by W&M_Steeler » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm
Until we get that young franchise QB, it's hard to justify going all in with a huge investment in both $ and draft pick(s) for a WR.

The odds Russell Wilson turns his career around or Justin Fields learns how to read a defense are close to 0. We're going to need to draft a new QB next year.

They're going all in to win a playoff game. I think the no playoff wins in 7 seasons is starting to overcome NHALS in the court of popular opinion and with the Rooneys, and that, combined with the rapidly aging defense, spurs on these "win now" type moves.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Orangesteel wrote:

It’s not a ridiculously insane theory… ;)
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:10 pm

tbsteel wrote:

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 pm

If these jackasses trade for some halfway done player on draft day so they can win one lose one in the playoffs…..

Particularly when they have exactly 3 high performing long term players on the roster

Literally the entire roster is open for draft picks

Drafting for bad teams isn’t hard

One rule

Don’t reach for need
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm

tbsteel wrote:

It's a pipe dream that a Tomlin team will finish poorly enough to be in contention for a top QB without giving up the house, the farm, and the ranch to move up. And suppose they do give up all forms of housing to do it. Probably pick the wrong QB. :lol:

With Aiyuk or without: 8-9 to 10-7.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 pm

I hope they don’t trade for a WR.

jmacinwbp

Post by jmacinwbp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm

Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 pm
Ice wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Yes!
Caught your sly Deadwood ref there, it's still my favorite drinking show. I seem to have myself in a loop, cycling through those three seasons, usually on the nights after the wife has retired (she's seen it enough times already), or decided that I don't want to watch any NFL+ replays/film , and when I want to fuel my drinking problem some with a couple of glasses of the mid level daily sipping bourbon on hand.

Anyways, S. Payton is a real Cock sucker, at least in Wilson's eye's, and maybe Sutton's also, with it rumored his wanting out of Denver now too.

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 pm
If these jackasses trade for some halfway done player on draft day so they can win one lose one in the playoffs…..

Particularly when they have exactly 3 high performing long term players on the roster

Literally the entire roster is open for draft picks

Drafting for bad teams isn’t hard

One rule

Don’t reach for need
The hardest part is admitting you have a problem...

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm

jmacinwbp wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm
Orangesteel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 pm
Ice wrote:

Yes!
Caught your sly Deadwood ref there, it's still my favorite drinking show. I seem to have myself in a loop, cycling through those three seasons, usually on the nights after the wife has retired (she's seen it enough times already), or decided that I don't want to watch any NFL+ replays/film , and when I want to fuel my drinking problem some with a couple of glasses of the mid level daily sipping bourbon on hand.

Anyways, S. Payton is a real Cock sucker, at least in Wilson's eye's, and maybe Sutton's also, with it rumored his wanting out of Denver now too.
I thought the bolded was a Trubisky reference. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic