Re: Direct all wailing and gnashing of teeth here....Tomlin extended

Post by O'Donnell's Bookie » Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:18 am

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:42 pm
jebrick wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:07 pm
Ice wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:34 am

Liberty Bibberty: a bit better than Pickett, and slightly better than a man named Duck.
He had competent QB play and we were starved for any competent QB play. which is why Bibberty looked like the second coming of Joe Montana.

why are there no articles on Rudolph taking Levis' job?
Let's see how the Titans play early.

Levis completed 58% of his passes last year with 8 TD passes and 4 picks.

Because he's young I'm sure he has the inside track on the starting job, but dude has a whole lot of improving to do.

We'll see if he does it.
If he struggles, you can bet your ass that we'll be seeing the God of the deep ball.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:48 am

O'Donnell's Bookie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:18 am
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:42 pm
jebrick wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:07 pm

He had competent QB play and we were starved for any competent QB play. which is why Bibberty looked like the second coming of Joe Montana.

why are there no articles on Rudolph taking Levis' job?
Let's see how the Titans play early.

Levis completed 58% of his passes last year with 8 TD passes and 4 picks.

Because he's young I'm sure he has the inside track on the starting job, but dude has a whole lot of improving to do.

We'll see if he does it.
If he struggles, you can bet your ass that we'll be seeing the God of the deep ball.
Mason will probably have to save the Titans' season, just like he saved the Steelers.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:15 pm

Man ... we need to remove this thread. Everytime I come to the site -- there it is at the top. And it just makes me sad!

O'Donnell's Bookie

Post by O'Donnell's Bookie » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:44 pm

Will Tomlin prove capable of jizzing on our opponents in January, or will he again go limp in the face of adversity???

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:40 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:15 pm
Man ... we need to remove this thread. Everytime I come to the site -- there it is at the top. And it just makes me sad!
It’s taken on legs of its own

A catch all, for all the contemporary Steelers’ woes, which of course, all fall upon Tomlin

O'Donnell's Bookie

Post by O'Donnell's Bookie » Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:51 pm

anpsteel wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:40 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:15 pm
It’s taken on legs of its own

A catch all, for all the contemporary Steelers’ woes, which of course, all fall upon Tomlin
We've gotta unleash jizz in January. That's what it all boils down to.

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:20 pm

As with the root of the problem of the Pirates being Nutting, the true root of the problem with the Steelers isn't Tomlin, it's the Deuce. EMR continues to enable Tomlin. Like a good little empty suit politician, Art II cares far more about appearances than results. He's 100% in love with the "three head coaches since 1969" shit and the "NHALS" syndrome. Lombardis are nice and shiny, but Artie doesn't want the national sports media and Roger the Clown pissed off at him for giving Tomlin a pink slip. If only we could drop the Deuce.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:49 pm

Obviously wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:20 pm
As with the root of the problem of the Pirates being Nutting, the true root of the problem with the Steelers isn't Tomlin, it's the Deuce. EMR continues to enable Tomlin. Like a good little empty suit politician, Art II cares far more about appearances than results. He's 100% in love with the "three head coaches since 1969" shit and the "NHALS" syndrome. Lombardis are nice and shiny, but Artie doesn't want the national sports media and Roger the Clown pissed off at him for giving Tomlin a pink slip. If only we could drop the Deuce.
I don’t disagree that Tomlin’s continued employment is entirely a reflection of Art being way too chickenshit to make a change.

He’s the epitome of, lives in his fears, and he wont fire Tomlin because it could be worse
Last edited by anpsteel on Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

langer

Post by langer » Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:13 am

I think there was a documentary made about something like this back in the 70s.

"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic