Will the Steelers make another move ?

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
steelmann58

Will the Steelers make another move ?

Post by steelmann58 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:07 am

They have FA money there are some still quality players out there especially in the secondary and maybe a 4th olb. I still think they will make some move towards to end of camp.

O'Donnell's Bookie

Post by O'Donnell's Bookie » Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:50 am

Oh hail to the nizzo...

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:57 am

It is my opinion that at this point, they are going to wait to see what they already have.

IF during camp the situation at WR or CB, or any other position for that matter, looks problematic, then maybe we'll see another addition.

I think the team is unwilling to give up significant draft capital to bring anyone on. I say this, because they know they have a lot of holes to fill in the next couple drafts. DL, RB, CB, and most likely QB.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:43 pm

Have we passed that Veteran cut date / pre- roster bonus date.........?
That may have some interesting vets released

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:33 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:43 pm
Have we passed that Veteran cut date / pre- roster bonus date.........?
That may have some interesting vets released
Yes, that's why Chuks, Cole, and Peterson were all released.

Teams begin reporting to training camp next week, so we're probably not going to see any big moves until the cutdown date approaches in late August.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:38 pm

A Joe Haden like signing would sure hit the spot

Brandon Boykin?

Not so much
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

daikyu

Post by daikyu » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:51 pm

I think the team is waiting for the receiver situation to shake out as that will be a big chunk of cap space.

We will see more moves before the season starts. Still to early to see if they will be big moves or small ones.
Last edited by daikyu on Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:38 pm

Brandon Boykin?

Not so much
To solve our current CB & WR dilemma, I suggest Michael Pettaway Tomlin put on his old-school, Big Boy pants and start a fan frenzy with some Jackson mania by recreating the Jackson 5! To start things off, he should go on a bender by chuggin' a bottle of Tito, which should help change his rather Jermaine tune of telling ex-players that he Never Can Say Goodbye!

At CB, it's as simple as ABC...1-2-3! He should tell the likes of Patrick Peterson, Ahkello Witherspoon, and Steven Nelson that A Change Is Gonna Come and I (Don't) Want You Back. And then maybe, just maybe, he should show them that we've got us a Brand New Thing by signing the likes of Adoree' Jackson, J (Jackie).C. Jackson, and Kareem Jackson!

Continuing the bender, he should top off downing another 5th by signing WR (and big DAWG), Kearis Jackson -- after he gets cut by the Titans! Add in previously signed I'll Be There CB, Donte Jackson, and I say to you, Mr. Tomlin, Enjoy Yourself like a Dancing Machine, you've got your 2024 Jackson 5!

Could these moves cement his Destiny of a Marlon/Godfather-esque legacy in the Steeltown Records books? Maybe. :P

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:32 pm

DP39 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:56 pm
Steeldrama wrote:

Brandon Boykin?

Not so much
To solve our current CB & WR dilemma, I suggest Michael Pettaway Tomlin put on his old-school, Big Boy pants and start a fan frenzy with some Jackson mania by recreating the Jackson 5! To start things off, he should go on a bender by chuggin' a bottle of Tito, which should help change his rather Jermaine tune of telling ex-players that he Never Can Say Goodbye!

At CB, it's as simple as ABC...1-2-3! He should tell the likes of Patrick Peterson, Ahkello Witherspoon, and Steven Nelson that A Change Is Gonna Come and I (Don't) Want You Back. And then maybe, just maybe, he should show them that we've got us a Brand New Thing by signing the likes of Adoree' Jackson, J (Jackie).C. Jackson, and Kareem Jackson!

Continuing the bender, he should top off downing another 5th by signing WR (and big DAWG), Kearis Jackson -- after he gets cut by the Titans! Add in previously signed I'll Be There CB, Donte Jackson, and I say to you, Mr. Tomlin, Enjoy Yourself like a Dancing Machine, you've got your 2024 Jackson 5!

Could these moves cement his Destiny of a Marlon/Godfather-esque legacy in the Steeltown Records books? Maybe. :P
there are waaay too many font changes in this post for you to have been drunk, so I'm going with

Sniffing glue :lol:

DP39

Post by DP39 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:37 pm

anpsteel wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:32 pm
DP39 wrote:
Steeldrama wrote:

Brandon Boykin?

Not so much

there are waaay too many font changes in this post for you to have been drunk, so I'm going with

:lol:

I will say, the italic words are the only change in font (style) that show up for me, at least. Those particular words where done on purpose as to follow Drama's usual Draft Forum Thread proses. All of the italicized words are in some way related to the Jackson 5 -- the obvious (I thought) theme of the post.

My failed attempt at being silly, funny & clever just to pass the offseason doldrums. 8-) Not everyone gets it, I know. :D

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:06 pm

DP39 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:37 pm
anpsteel wrote:
DP39 wrote:

I will say, the italic words are the only change in font (style) that show up for me, at least. Those particular words where done on purpose as to follow Drama's usual Draft Forum Thread proses. All of the italicized words are in some way related to the Jackson 5 -- the obvious (I thought) theme of the post.

My failed attempt at being silly, funny & clever just to pass the offseason doldrums. 8-) Not everyone gets it, I know. :D
I got it

I was trying to be funny

#attemptfailed

lol

DP39

Post by DP39 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:49 pm

anpsteel wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:06 pm
DP39 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:37 pm
anpsteel wrote:

I got it

I was trying to be funny

#attemptfailed

lol
great minds...(or maybe more like Dumb and Dumber)
#attemptfailedsquared

tbsteel

Post by tbsteel » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:45 am

They will undoubtedly make at least one trade before the season, and possibly some more moves in FA.

2023: two trades in August (Dotson, Green)
2022: two trades in August (Malik Reed, Jesse Davis)
2021: one trade in August (Joe Schobert)
2020: no August trade, but made an in-season trade for Avery Williamson
2019: one August trade, two September trades (including Minkah)
2018: one August trade (Switzer)
2017: one August trade, two September trades
2016: one early September trade (Justin Gilbert)
2015: two August trades, one early September trade
2014: no trades!

Seems very, very, very likely we'll make at least one more, maybe more.

my prediction? Dan Moore gets dealt if Dylan Cook shows he belongs
Tiny hands, smaller heart.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:50 pm

tbsteel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:45 am
They will undoubtedly make at least one trade before the season, and possibly some more moves in FA.

2023: two trades in August (Dotson, Green)
2022: two trades in August (Malik Reed, Jesse Davis)
2021: one trade in August (Joe Schobert)
2020: no August trade, but made an in-season trade for Avery Williamson
2019: one August trade, two September trades (including Minkah)
2018: one August trade (Switzer)
2017: one August trade, two September trades
2016: one early September trade (Justin Gilbert)
2015: two August trades, one early September trade
2014: no trades!

Seems very, very, very likely we'll make at least one more, maybe more.

my prediction? Dan Moore gets dealt if Dylan Cook shows he belongs
Wow…other than the Minkah trade, that’s one long list of crap!
“I wish Tomlin had said “his tape was crap, but we took him anyway.” -Mark Madden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic