Re: Great. Pouncy

Post by Legacy User » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 am

It's not incest if it's gay.

-my brother

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 am

Zivco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:The intensity of care over this displayed over this incident by some posters is simply excessive, weird, and sad. IMO

Take a look at that picture...and realize we just handed that asshole a 13 million dollar check.

And what does the picture look like to you?

No guaranteeing that if someone handed this asshole (meaning me) a $13MM check I wouldn't be at a titty bar at 4 AM waiting for blow... And I'm old enough to know better.

Most of this thread falls under the "who fucking cares" bucket.

I hate the contract, but it has NOTHING to do with this incident.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Steeler Jones wrote:Most of this thread falls under the "who fucking cares" bucket.

You're about the fourth person that has said that then commented in it...a couple of people multiple times.

Steeler Jones wrote:I hate the contract, but it has NOTHING to do with this incident.

I disagree. That's the largest Center contract in history. We get a 20 minute tearful, praise Jesus, I'm a team leader presser. We read about AP saying the way he came back from his knee injury was because he was determined to outwork every previous rehab.Then we get this MP. I honestly think as soon as the victims give formal statements to the cops they both get arrested. And while I don't think the severity of the beating is enough to draw a hate crime charge in Fla...I do think there could be extra NFL discipline because of it. Maybe I'm wrong that there is enough video to absolve them...but I don't think they made it up, and there looks to be matching statements to the police.

Steeler Jones wrote:No guaranteeing that if someone handed this asshole (meaning me) a $13MM check I wouldn't be at a titty bar at 4 AM waiting for blow... And I'm old enough to know better.

There is still probably a good deal of stupid shit I would do given that sort of check right now. But I would definitely do it privately. See, thinking about it if this sort of night was a rare event for them I think it would have been planned for differently. One thing I know for sure it would involve renting the entire venue or suite and controlling the guest list. If I thought this was out of character for MP...or even if he wasn't rehabbing a knee rebuild I would probably have commented less extensively.

Nick79

Post by Nick79 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:52 pm

955876 wrote: Are you actually saying that just because young PROFESSIONAL athletes are still in their 20s they should be able to act and get away with the same shit your run of the mill 20 something does?

Yes, and they typically do. Most of those guys act like "run of the mill 20 somethings" on STEROIDS, because they are the rare 20 somethings that HAVE CA$H of that magnitude. If you don't believe that, I really don't know what to say.

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Nick79 wrote:
955876 wrote: Are you actually saying that just because young PROFESSIONAL athletes are still in their 20s they should be able to act and get away with the same shit your run of the mill 20 something does?

Yes, and they typically do. Most of those guys act like "run of the mill 20 somethings" on STEROIDS, because they are the rare 20 somethings that HAVE CA$H of that magnitude. If you don't believe that, I really don't know what to say.

I do believe that. Didn't say otherwise.

What I'm saying is they can't, or run the risk of ending up in the news, social media etc if they allow their behavior to get out of hand.

If you are a PROFESSIONAL and paid as such for a multi-million dollar organization you have a level of responsibility to that employer that you can't do some of the things a freakin fry cook can get away with.

I'm not saying they can't hit the clubs. I'm not saying they can't rent a space and have a party.

But at some point a line must be drawn in terms of now far that behavior can go or suffer the consequences.

This isn't a morality thing on my part like some are trying to inject. It's a common sense thing.

When you sign a contract you are held to a different standard. You are no longer "one of the guys" and that is why we see these guys having issues so often. They want their cake and eat it too.

Many get to. Some get into trouble when a little bit of thinking can prevent it.

The guy who poured my cocktail last night at the bar can go out and get a DUI tonight. He will be back at work the next day. Pay his fines etc.

If Pouncey does it there are greater consequences. He can't risk hitting the bars and then driving home like many 20 something's (and older) risk.

There is a driver program in place for these guys. Why do you think that is? They are after all, just kids right?

That is but one small example.

You and others are making this into something I'm not arguing.

But for you or anyone else to say a 20 something professional in a highly paid position should be able to act like Joe the waiter @ Applebee's is lame.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:31 pm

We can all sit here behind our keyboards (as I am now) proclaiming this and that and still (highly likely) do something completely different than what we said we'd do. 22 pages?

I agree with the whole who cares statement.
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm with you on that one 77.

I got sucked in for making a comment about how all 20 something can't be painted with the same brush and all of a sudden here comes the parade of people saying they should be.

Should all 40 something's be painted with the same brush as well?

Nope.

The sooner these guys realize they can't be a multimillion dollar football players and still spend a lot of time associating with low life's the better off they will be.

As for MP, I couldn't care less if he spends every free moment throwing baloney at naked homosexual midgets while at the same time writing his daily love letters to Hernandez and Hernandez's celly as long as he can stay healthy and stop getting his ass walked back in BR's grill.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 pm

COR-TEN wrote: No offense, but that doesn't surprise me coming from somebody who spent their 20s in the military.

Normally when someone starts off a sentence with "No offense" they are intending to offend. What do you have against the military?
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:54 pm

COR-TEN wrote:No, I don't have a problem with those who serve in the military, but I do call into question an attitude that defines life like the military wants you to see it - ignoring and arrogantly dismissing others.

Let me know if you want to start a new thread about that in the General Discussion forum. You're wrong about the military. It doesn't want its members to ignore and arrogantly dismiss others. Quite the contrary. The military may be the most inclusive organization in government.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 pm

It doesn't want its members to ignore and arrogantly dismiss others. Quite the contrary. The may be the most inclusive organization in government.

Well Said!
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:12 am

I truly don't give a fuck about one can infer from a fucking picture.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:19 am

I'm very pleased none of the pictures from wedding receptions, let alone bachelor parties, are not public. There's a lot ado about not very much here.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am

More from the whole talking shit without knowing anything department, the accusers of the Pounceys that started this whole shit storm have yet to make a statement but they have hired a personal injury attorney.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:57 am

Dp
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:02 am

Jax wrote:More from the whole talking shit without knowing anything department, the accusers of the Pounceys that started this whole shit storm have yet to make a statement but they have hired a personal injury attorney.

Turn the book over!

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 am

Posting mostly to fuck with people and add another to the thread. The cops have stated they have reports filed and are scheduled to take victim statements during the week. They also plan on reviewing the video during that time. I've read some weird shit like there is a third party that is either and additional victim or witness. The alleged victims were guests of B McKinnie who was invited by the Pounceys. Given McKinnie's presence the video could be...interesting.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 am

Zivco wrote:Posting mostly to fuck with people and add another to the thread. The cops have stated they have reports filed and are scheduled to take victim statements during the week. They also plan on reviewing the video during that time. I've read some weird shit like there is a third party that is either and additional victim or witness. The alleged victims were guests of B McKinnie who was invited by the Pounceys. Given McKinnie's presence the video could be...interesting.

This is why people have a problem trusting your opinion.

From the "tone" of this post, you give the impression you are almost looking forward to something incriminating being found against Pouncey.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Jeemie wrote:This is why people have a problem trusting your opinion.

From the "tone" of this post, you give the impression you are almost looking forward to something incriminating being found against Pouncey.

My "tone" here is because there are a few universal board habits that get on my nerves. The idea that reading something is painful and comments to the effect that this topic should be over. My POV is if it's meaningful enough to comment on at all, game on. If not fuck it, move on without commentary. Another...really not so present in this thread except as related to the above...is the whole lazy thing. I'm not one for saying everything needs to be sourced or anything like that. But comments to the effect of "all my work" or "all of my time" really doesn't understand the state of things before the internet. And to be completely honest...I don't want my opinions trusted...I thrive on the argumentative aspect of these boards. I'm not really here to make friends or enemies for that matter...I'm here for lively debate. I understand there is some arrogance, abruptness, and overly tenacious aspects to some of my commentary...that doesn't mean I don't value the opinion of other posters...hell, there are four or five guys I argue with regularly here that I would rather read then the national media pablum.

This board in particular does live up to the conversation you would have in your neighborhood bar standard it often sets for itself...now my friends and I were more vulgar...errr with an exception or two, and board rules prohibit some of the conversation that would cross over into the football realm at my local watering hole back in the day...but in the time this site was down I spent more time at other Steeler sites...and with their "lead story" inaccuracies, their daily press release rewrites, and Nun on the rag commentary moderation I've come to appreciate this place more.

In any case, I'm not cheering against MP. No, I really have zero respect for his word but he's signed now and I'll give him the best Center on the roster until he proves otherwise. Much of my commentary here is exasperation of the coverage of the case the past few days. The cops made a widely publicized statement two days after the incident...it was linked here...but the facts are clear. They have complaints on file, they are going to being taking official statements from the alleged victims with in a couple of days of now...and the video tape will be reviewed in the interim. All the reporting that seeks to absolve or convict in the meantime is shit. The Mckinnie "news" is useful for those who know of his past and might be rethinking there opinion of the frequency and extent of MP's partying...and I suppose his involvement in the 2007 U of Fla shooting currently under review goes to that as well...but neither have anything to do with current investigation of MP.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 pm

Zivco wrote:All the reporting that seeks to absolve or convict in the meantime is shit.

On this we agree.

One of the two of us is living by this credo...guess which one of that is?

8-)
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Jeemie wrote:
Zivco wrote:All the reporting that seeks to absolve or convict in the meantime is shit.

On this we agree.

One of the two of us is living by this credo...guess which one of that is?

8-)

It's not my credo. It's my view of the reporting post Police statement. I'm fairly sure I stated it before. My opinion is he is guilty as hell. You can scream for evidence as much as you like, I consider that extension presser juxtaposed against MP's social media commentary and the pics from that bar, the victim social media allegations and I believe them. Throw in some guilt by association with Hernadez and Mccinnie. But SBI is he gets off. I would have left the whole thing alone if not for the linkage that seeks to give rise to the hope that there is some sort of indecision among police and the process isn't moving forward. And of course I certainly don't agree that he has no obligation to avoid these situations in the first place.

Nick79

Post by Nick79 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 pm

I can't judge hoe "in shape" Pouncey is, but my brother met him in person at the Steelers/Pitt training facility last summer- he's a Pitt professor and was having lunch with one of the Pitt coaches there, his impression was that he was amazed that Pouncey was 310 pounds and didn't appear to have an ounce of fat, in his opinion he was solid muscle. Of course just seeing a guy or a picture, what can you know for sure?

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Shirt off says everything. You sure don't have to be a body beautiful to be a great lineman. But I would guess at a BMi over 15% at 285 lbs, BP max...I guess about 350-375 but these things can really trick you...squat about 500...but I'm guessing he's a guy that loses alot as the game goes on. Purely unscientific guess work.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 pm

We'll all find out soon enough...about the party and about what shape Pouncey is in.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:05 am

Posting just to fuck with people is trolling.

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 am

Jax wrote:Posting just to fuck with people is trolling.

There is the word mostly to consider...and it certainly isn't aimed at an individual poster.

rooneytunes

Post by rooneytunes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 pm

RooneyTunes wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/pounceys-sued-by-three-people-after-alleged-incident-at-nightclub/
Update

And no one caught this on video? Amazing!

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

If I own a high-end night club catering to celebs and high net worth clients....then it's just bad business if that video didn't disappear within hours of the incident.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Legacy User

Post by Legacy User » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Sorry, but at this point if you're an NFL player and you're out at the nightclubs then you're an idiot. Nothing good can come of it. Have a few friends over, stay at home and party there. Whether we like it or not, the societal reality for pro athletes is different than regular people. That's just the way it is. And as much trouble as players have gotten into out at these clubs, whether they started it or otherwise, and as much as they have to lose (and have lost many times over) there's no more excusing the stupidity of putting themselves in these situations.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 pm

CaptainFantastik wrote:Sorry, but at this point if you're an NFL player and you're out at the nightclubs then you're an idiot. Nothing good can come of it.

Do you realize how many NFL players frequent nightclubs with no incidents? I bet the Pouncey's have been out to clubs dozens, if not hundreds, of times before without incident. I really don't care if a player has to defend himself against someone being an idiot. Doesn't register on my "character issue" radar.

I think it's wrong to say a guy can't go to a club just because once in a great while someone is going to be an idiot even when you're minding your own business. And if you're at a high-end club and get a private room you've done everything right - the club should provide adequate security. I'll bet money the NFL isn't telling these guys they should avoid the clubs, but rather how to take basic precautions to protect themselves and enjoy their evening.

And the Pouncey's apparently had their own security. If the comments are to be believed, then they chose poorly (contrast to Ben who had two off-duty cops)...in Pouncey's case their "security" almost sounds like maybe it was some childhood buddies, which would be a poor choice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic