2009 NHL Stanley Cup finals Game 7

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
fractalsteel

2009 NHL Stanley Cup finals Game 7

Post by fractalsteel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Tomorrow on NBC they will replay game seven starting at 4:30. The program is slated to be an hour and a half long so I'm not sure how they are going to make it work.
If you like pain, NBC will show game 6 from the 2008 finals which we all know didn't end well.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:27 pm

I watched this game a few weeks ago. It was on NBCSports. On the biggest stage, MAF was incredible. Might have been his best game as a pro, all things considered.

Maxime Talbot...unlikely hero. Then he bailed for PHI and that was that.

I may have told this story before, but two days after that game I sat on hold for 55 min and got onto Scotty Ferrell’s Sirius/XM sports show and proceeded to tell Marion Hossa that he could go fuck himself. I celebrated that one for two straight weeks.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Great story about Hossa. Well, he got his later on.

Fleury was really good in the last two games, the biggest of his career.

I watched game four from the series last week and I had forgotten what a beast Malkin had been in that game. Ditto for game six. The Wings got the matchup of Datsyuk and Zetterberg on Crosby a good bit of the time so it was imperative that Malkin and Staal play at their best. Both did.

That was a special team. Sad that they didn't get back to the finals for so long. Held onto DB too long but at least Mario had the stones to make the moves and didn't waste the best years of 87/71.

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 am

fractalsteel wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm
Great story about Hossa. Well, he got his later on.

Fleury was really good in the last two games, the biggest of his career.

I watched game four from the series last week and I had forgotten what a beast Malkin had been in that game. Ditto for game six. The Wings got the matchup of Datsyuk and Zetterberg on Crosby a good bit of the time so it was imperative that Malkin and Staal play at their best. Both did.

That was a special team. Sad that they didn't get back to the finals for so long. Held onto DB too long but at least Mario had the stones to make the moves and didn't waste the best years of 87/71.
Amen.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic