Jeff Carter, anyone?

Here's the place for all matters puck. Be kind to your fellow posters, please.
Ice

Re: Jeff Carter, anyone?

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Pabst wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:06 pm
Do they view Carter as a RW or a C?
Given our forever injured status, I'd say "interchangeable piece."

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Makes sense.

On a positive side note - the Penguins all got vaccinated on Monday. There was a big vaccine drive at the Paint Bucket put on by UPMC.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/04 ... na-clinic/

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm hoping that Carter is in town and practicing.
He probably can play anywhere, up and down the lines, special teams as well. Net front presence on the second unit?

I'm interested in his minutes and how many he will get. Looking back his last ten games with the Kings his ice time was starting to shrink.

Speaking of vaccination, I finally became eligible for the vaccine today here in PA. Of course no one is taking appointments yet but I managed to get on a waiting list.
If I were a smoker or a fat fuck I would have been vaccinated 6 weeks ago.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 pm

fractalsteel wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:41 pm
He probably can play anywhere, up and down the lines, special teams as well. Net front presence on the second unit?

I'm interested in his minutes and how many he will get. Looking back his last ten games with the Kings his ice time was starting to shrink.

Speaking of vaccination, I finally became eligible for the vaccine today here in PA. Of course no one is taking appointments yet but I managed to get on a waiting list.
On Carter - the shrinking playing time was likely due to the Kings knowing he would be traded. I wouldn't read into it.

On vaccines - check with every Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Giant Eagle, Wal-Mart, etc. that you can. I work in healthcare, so I was able to get one early, but my wife got hers thru Wal-Mart.

I'm not sure where you are exactly, but if you're in Pittsburgh, there are spots available at Giant Eagle in Butler and the South Hills: https://gianteaglesched.rxtouch.com/ges ... t/Advisory

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Thanks for the leads.
I'm a Central PA resident.
I got on early today and tried the 2 closest pharmacies. I tried to make appointments all the way forward into October but nothing was available. Might have been the system was overwhelmed.

I'll look into Pittsburgh and if I can get something quickly I'll make a road trip. Wholey's and maybe Fallingwater for a ground tour on the way back.

My doctor thinks I may have had the virus last April though I never tested for it. Five days of a kind of fatigue I had never experienced and some loss of taste along with a mild fever.

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:45 am

fractalsteel wrote:

Should have eaten more dessert with those cigs!

I hope the team is 100% by Thursday evening... I had flu-like side effects on and off for three days after shot 1.

Fractal, I was thinking about the power play. If the theoretical "everyone healthy" ever happens, Pens are going to have 2 solid PP units.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:18 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:45 am
fractalsteel wrote:

Should have eaten more dessert with those cigs!

I hope the team is 100% by Thursday evening... I had flu-like side effects on and off for three days after shot 1.

Fractal, I was thinking about the power play. If the theoretical "everyone healthy" ever happens, Pens are going to have 2 solid PP units.
[
/quote]

Yup,
I have said for years that maybe splitting 87/71 on the PP could be a good thing. Sully is too stubborn in his ways though he has rolled with it a few times.

They have been rolling with the top line plus McCann and Letang on the top unit. Keep that.
Then you can go Malkin, Zucker, Kap, Carter/Rodrigues and Marino on the second unit.

You have multiple FO guys on both and McCann has a big enough shot to be dangerous on the top line.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 am

He has been nothing short of an excellent addition. I will give this 2 thumbs up as of May 1st.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Mon May 10, 2021 2:12 pm

Very impressive. 4 goals in one game and the only goal in the last game. Hope he continues to contribute into the playoffs.
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic