Signs pointing to Hargrave leaving

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
SteelerDayTrader
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Signs pointing to Hargrave leaving

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Means NT is a HUGE need

Right now I have C TE WR and NT as just off the chart needs.

Rd 2
Rd 3
Rd 4
Rd 4
Rd 6
Rd 7

Fill in picks 2 3 and the 4s with some combination of C WR TE and NT. Lets see some options



steelmann58
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by steelmann58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:07 am

I think they can find a NT in FA cheap but Buggs is not a NT>

User avatar
jebrick
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by jebrick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:37 am

truckstoppornpatron wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:23 am
How often did they have a NT out there last year? 30%??
Hargraves played 62% of the snaps last year but with Tuitt hurt he was in more. The year before he played 45%
“So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it.”
― John Stuart Mill

Jobu
Posts: 10167
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 am

jebrick wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:37 am
truckstoppornpatron wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:23 am
How often did they have a NT out there last year? 30%??
Hargraves played 62% of the snaps last year but with Tuitt hurt he was in more. The year before he played 45%
But how much of that was as an actual NT?

Jobu
Posts: 10167
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Jobu » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 am

truckstoppornpatron wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:21 am
Very little I would guess. They play 2 dl the vast majority of the time it seems.
That would be my guess also. Hargrave is a decent player, but nothing special. He’s not a difference maker. Someone is going to overpay him...it certainly won’t be the Steelers.

User avatar
jebrick
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by jebrick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Jobu wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 am
truckstoppornpatron wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:21 am
Very little I would guess. They play 2 dl the vast majority of the time it seems.
That would be my guess also. Hargrave is a decent player, but nothing special. He’s not a difference maker. Someone is going to overpay him...it certainly won’t be the Steelers.
Exactly. If I am going to spend money I would rather it be on a player who played 90% of the snaps vs someone who will play around 50%
“So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it.”
― John Stuart Mill

User avatar
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin
Posts: 20630
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:51 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by bradshaw2ben » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:07 pm

I disagree with the value of Hargrave. A 1 tech who makes plays in the backfield AND offers you A+ nickel rush snaps is incredibly rare. Like 10 guys in the NFL rare. Most of those guys are pure 3-techs or pure 0-techs. The fact that they didn’t use Hargrave enough in previous years is on THEM not Hargrave. If you keep him, you have to rotate Hayward/Hargrave/Tuitt with equal number of nickel snaps. Their snap counts should be about the same every year, barring injury.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic