M*A*S*H Unit

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

M*A*S*H Unit

Post by Steeldrama » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 am

2) Laviska Shenault 6’1 220 WR Colorado- Former 1st round lock that could be in for a draft day slide. Played through the season with a core muscle injury then ran an ill-advised 40 at the combine. Not good given the insane depth of the wr position this year. “2 Live” when healthy is as dynamic as they come, a “Jump Ball Bully.” Kid’s had some tough breaks. Nearly lost his mom to the west nile virus after losing his father who was struck by a vehicle getting out of his car.

3C) Robert Hunt 6’5 323 OL Louisiana-Lafayette- Another popular prospect that could be in for a draft day slide. Missed the 2nd half of the season and the combine with a groin injury. Not good given the insane depth of the OL position this year. Offers position flexibility to play tackle and guard. Steelers reportedly met with Hunt’s teammate Kevin Dotson who is a bad dude in his own right.

4T) Antonio Gibson 6’1 228 RB/WR/RS Memphis- Spear-Chucker Jones got nothin' on this kid. No he’s not injured and yes I know I’m a broken record with 'ol Gibson here, but I dig the fun. Dig the excitement he brings to a stagnant offense. Pairing this explosive, versatile chess piece with a stud receiver like Shenault just makes a whole lot of sense to me. Welcome back Ben.

4) Leki Fotu 6’5 330 DT Utah- Back to the walking wounded. Big Ute I’ve mocked too many times to count missed Senior Bowl week and combine due to undisclosed injury.

6) Markus Bailey 6’0 235 LB Purdue- Lunch pail linebacker missed final 10 games of his senior season and the combine due to a knee injury. Leader of men who prior to injury showed potential to be a 3 down linebacker.

7) Oluwole Betiku- 6’3 250 EDGE Illinois- Former 5 Star USC recruit transferred along with my former student Josh Imatorbhebe from the land of Troy to play for Lovie Smith and the Fightin’ Illini. Kid had 9 sacks despite missing parts of 3 games due to injury.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. I generally subscribe to the injured in college, injured in the Pros theory, but if a couple studs like Shenault and Hunt do in fact slide, the gamble could be a huge pay off.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."