College to NFL Prospects

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steelafan77

College to NFL Prospects

Post by Steelafan77 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:36 pm

The Steelers are quietly doing their due diligence even in the midst of a pandemic crisis. I haven't seen/read much in the way of visits/meetings with prospects and we didn't have a thread for them so I thought I'd start one.
I detect a certain aspired quality and approach here with these LB/SS types. After the barron disappointment last season I felt like the Steelers just didn't get what they'd hoped for from barron and would possibly be in the market for a similar type player sooner than later. Here we are Sooner than later, they've already met wit Tanner Muse who many think is a late round prospect 7th RND'er/Priority UDFA and now they're linked to yet another similar type player and skill set in this kid.

@JustinM_NFL
#Memphis LB Austin Hall held a Pro Day. He's had communication w/ the #Steelers, #Colts, #Chiefs, #Cowboys, #Raiders & #Bills. #Packers & #49ers have also reached out.

6'1, 220.
40: 4.50
Vert: 40
L-Drill: 6.84
Bench: 17
Broad: 10'

https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/ ... 3956104192
Admittedly, not sure how this plays out for the Steelers and where they might take this kid or any other similar talent. Hall certainly has some production and moxie at work for him. easy to see why NFL teams are intrigued. Any other opinions? Ice? B2B? FC? Jebrick? Drama? What say You? Bueller?

We can more players as they are revealed going forward....

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:43 am

steelers are looking to the draft to replace Barron with a draft pick as they seemed to be interested in use from Clemson.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:51 pm

steelmann58 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:43 am
steelers are looking to the draft to replace Barron with a draft pick as they seemed to be interested in use from Clemson.
Muse is a borderline NFLer. Hall is a back of the roster XFLer...at best.
I hope they have a better plan.

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 am

NFL DRAFT NEEDS: Pittsburgh Steelers

2 (49). RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin - This might seem early for a back, but all indications are the team is ready to move on from James Conner. A.J. Dillon is a great fit a round or two later, but Taylor is a plug and play difference-maker. He has plenty of experience running from traditional single or dual back sets, but also presents big-play upside and a slalom skiers’ mentality when working through the second level.

3 (102). OL Robert Hunt, Louisiana-Lafayette - Hunt lined up at right tackle in college. I expect him to shift inside to guard. The fun part of this exercise is identifying new favorite prospects while watching tape for these write-ups. Hunt now qualifies. He’s always working to move his opponent off the spot, forcing them into positions against their will. However, that does lead to overextension. Reel him in a bit and you could have something special.

4 (124). WR Tyler Johnson, Minnesota - With reports that JuJu could be approaching his final season in black and yellow, the Steelers could continue to prioritize the position. Johnson did not attend the Senior Bowl or Shine Game, then did not participate at the Combine … but his highlights are awesome. Acrobatic catches and taking slants for six.

4 (135). iDL Rashard Lawrence, LSU - Javon Hargrave’s presence might be felt more now that he’s no longer on the roster. Obviously with Tuitt and Heyward locked in, it was impossible to pay another. Lawrence might not be as explosive as Hargrave, but he can fill the same inside alignment.

6 (198). LB Shaquille Quarterman, Miami - The Steelers traded up for Devin Bush last season, but at the very least they can use depth at the position.

7 (232). C Jake Hanson, Oregon - As Nick pointed out, the depth along the Steelers’ offensive line is severely lacking. Hanson was a Ducks’ starter for three years.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/draft ... rth?page=3
Feel like this mock draft is just an outsider's perception but close. That said, Not a huge fan of Johnson. The exact opposite of what the Steelers true need at WR is. Taylor is likely gone at 49 IMO so I think they look at either another position or settle for the second place target. Perhaps Dobbins or Akers? I also believe they can do much better than Quarterman. Both WR and LB are fairly deep this draft. Not a Bad break down though.

steelmann58

Post by steelmann58 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:09 pm

i like Duvenay from Texas in round 4
i am not sure which rb will be there @ 49 but if they want one early they might have their pick of Taylor ,Dobbins or Akers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic