Woody’s Wet Dream

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Woody’s Wet Dream

Post by Steeldrama » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:12 pm

2T) Pat Freiermuth 6’5 258 TE Penn St- The more I ponder it, the more I think this Freiermuth fella is going to be a Steeler. I just hope they don’t burn a 1st rounder on him. Our new OC will love not having to take this kid off the field. Stud.

2) Jackson Carman 6’5 335 OT Clemson- ‘Ol Dabo not known for churning out NFL lineman, but this dude is a big ‘sum bitch charged with protecting Mr. Lawrence (sweep the leg). Could always move this beast inside if he can’t hold up at LT.

3T) Josh Meyers 6’5 315 OC Ohio St- Opened up big holes for a record setting day over at Lucas Oil Stadium. More on that momentarily…

3) Desmond Ridder 6'4 215 QB Cincinnati – “Again, Drama?” Yesss again. No I’m not going to skip ‘Bama/Florida to watch this athletic, young stud nor should you, but I do encourage you to DVR or at least tune in during commercials.

4) Trey Sermon 6’1 215 RB Ohio St- Georgia native just set a Buckeye and Big Ten title game record today with 331 yards to seal the Buckeye’s spot in the playoffs. Somewhere, Woody Hayes is smiling.

4C) Justyn Ross 6’4 210 WR Clemson- Was just starting to type that Trevor Lawrence missing this big target when Tee Martin’s kid just housed one lol. Oh well, if this Ross fella is medically cleared from neck surgery he’ll make a really nice big complement to Chase Claypool (who kinda has me worried of late).

5T) Adetokunbo Ogundeji 6’4 265 EDGE Notre Dame- A-Deto-kunbo. Sounds like the name of one of the shots I threw down at a pre-Christmas happy hour last night. Jeezus, my head. Herbstreit’s gushing all over Clemson not helping my headache. Your kids don’t even see the field, Kirk ya Dabo loving douche! Oh Ogundeji, Team captain, flashy pass rusher type could be a fast riser if he finds his way past the beforementioned Carman a few times today.

6) Greg Newsome 6’1 190 CB Northwestern – Gotta give the Fightin’ Fitzgerald’s their props for at least keeping Justin Fields under wraps today even if they couldn't stop the freight Trey (Ok I’ll work on it. Give me a break I’m wicked hungover).

6C) Demetric Felton 5’10 200 RB UCLA- Fun little player right here. Former WR that a creative offensive coordinator could really excel with (Highly qualified candidates PLEASE expedite your resume to Kevin Colbert at Steelers HQ).

7) Greg Elsworth 6’0 205 S Iowa St- I didn’t watch the game, but looks like the cyclones hung in there against the Sooners. Lincoln Riley and Matt Campbell could both be hot names on the coaching circuit this offseason.

7C) Forrest Merrill 6’1 338 DT Arkansas St- Stumpy, powerful, heavy bearded white fella that could reach cult hero status in the ‘Burgh.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. Was looking forward to this ACC title game, but appears Notre Dame will really need the luck of the Irish to pull this one out. Go Steelers. Roll TIDE!!!!

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:53 pm

2T) Pat Freiermuth 6’5 258 TE Penn St- ......im not sure great TEs who are great run blockers are going to happen anymore in the NFL.....i dont hate this player in the 2nd......but i think doubling up lower with Ruckert and McKitty would be better.....positionally roster wise and cap wise the Steelers MUST address TE......

2) Jackson Carman 6’5 335 OT Clemson- .....i like this pick.......imo he has the tools and build to succeed in the Steelers cave man go straight ahead offense at several OL spots

3T) Josh Meyers 6’5 315 OC Ohio St- ......id be real happy if he made it to the 3rd......dont see it happening at all tho

3) Desmond Ridder 6'4 215 QB Cincinnati – .....too many other holes to draft an imperfect rookie qb here imo

4) Trey Sermon 6’1 215 RB Ohio St- too small......wont work in the Steelers cave man offense

4C) Justyn Ross 6’4 210 WR Clemson- ......not sure he will get separation in the nfl......i wouldnt draft on that issue....

5T) Adetokunbo Ogundeji 6’4 265 EDGE Notre Dame- .....is he athletic enough to play in the Steelers 34 ??

6) Greg Newsome 6’1 190 CB Northwestern – ......like this pick

6C) Demetric Felton 5’10 200 RB UCLA- "that a creative offensive coordinator could really excel with"......not gonna happen in Pittsburgh....too small for the Steelers

7) Greg Elsworth 6’0 205 S Iowa St- where is his roster spot ?? is he better than Brooks ?? im fine with the pick late if the idea is to practice squad him and see what develops

7C) Forrest Merrill 6’1 338 DT Arkansas St- not horrible in the 7th as a practice squad candidate......
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:51 am

Like it, Drama. Freiermuth lets us cut bait on our disappointing vet TEs, Carman starts the OL rebuild (though my coaching worries remain), Sermon is versatile and has some explosion to him, and the UCLA kid is fun to watch. RB needs the bodies. The medical on Ross is a little worrisome, but if he checks out and tests well, he's a steal there. Kid from Northwestern can definitely play a little, and adding a CB every draft is almost a modern NFL must.

I'll take the chance on the Cincy QB, too. Our current roster cries out for help if Ben goes down, so yeah, buy the lottery ticket.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 pm

I agree with your concept of a very offensively heavy draft. If I’m the Steelers I would do everything I can to retain Bud Dupree and one of the two slot corners. I prefer Sutton. Then let Juju, Connor and the O linemen walk in FA. Rebuild the O side in the draft.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Drama, thanks for doing these.
I'm not in the freiermuth camp but in the second round, as long as it is a late second, fine. I just don't see him getting any separation a the next level. Now, Strange, the backup TE at PSU, I think he might be better at the next level. He shined when given a shot.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:16 pm
I agree with your concept of a very offensively heavy draft. If I’m the Steelers I would do everything I can to retain Bud Dupree and one of the two slot corners. I prefer Sutton. Then let Juju, Connor and the O linemen walk in FA. Rebuild the O side in the draft.
I agree with this except for keeping Sutton

He's mainly been a bench sitter....on some real bad CB unit teams....and his limited play is up and down
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:09 pm

Sutton will be considerably cheaper than Hilton.

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:33 pm

I’d rather keep Hilton, but Sutton will be cheaper, so it will be Sutton.

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:47 am

Bumped for the Woody reference and for the fact that Sermon has played himself well out of Round 4.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic