Looney Tunes

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Looney Tunes

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:41 pm

2T) Landon Dickerson 6’6 325 OC Alabama- “I say that boy’s about as bright as a burned out light bulb.” It’s “Looney” of me to think the Steelers will trade out of the first round when I know damn well they’ll sprint to the podium at pick 24. With some quality depth at positions the Steelers need, the smart move is to trade down. It’s also “Looney” to think the Steelers will be active in free agency, but another smart move would be to sign UFA Joe Looney on the cheap from the Cowboys. Team leader who can play any position on the line including center until my guy Landon is ready to roll- (Tide).

2) Javonte Williams 5’10 220 RB North Carolina- “Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.” Surprisingly smart stat thrown out by the supremely untalented Aditi Kinkhabwala when the Steelers run for 100 yds Ben is 106-20-1 (.839) and 50-54 (.481) when they don’t.

3T) Amari Rodgers 5’10 210 WR Clemson- “Why did the chicken cross the road, boy? To have a ball! Now here’s a ball. Go get it!” Strong, scrappy, YAC guy that would take over the slot and return duties when JuJu departs via free agency. Amari’s dad, Tee Martin, recently hired to coach the Ravens’ wrs so would be added little bonus to steal a rival’s potential target.

3) D’Ante Smith 6’5 295 OT East Carolina- “If this boy don’t stop talkin’ so much, he’ll get his tongue sunburned.” Jim Nagy hype-train pick here, but hard to argue this kid’s 35 ¼ arms and ’86 wingspan. An easy mover who needs to bulk up, but hopefully can unseat JAGs Zach Banner and Chuks in short order.

4) Adarious Washington 5’8 185 S TCU- “He’s as busy as a centipede in a toe-tappin contest” I like the Honey badger comps. Hybrid safety/corner type would offset the loss of Mike Hilton.

4C) Bobby Brown 6’4 325 DT Texas A&M- “That boy’s as strong as an ox, and just about as smart.” Not only is this Aggie strong, he’s agile posting a 4.25 short shuttle. Previous record for a player at 325 was 4.44. The Wrecking Crew run defense ranked 3rd in the country. Big Bobby here a big reason why.

5T) Tre McKitty 6’5 245 TE Georgia- “That dog’s strictly GI… gibberin’ idiot that is.” The Steelers’ aren’t the only team with a “GI” for a head coach. My ‘Dawgs have one too. Coach Kirby is not Smart, having no clue how to implement dynamic TE’s McKitty and 6’7 five star freshman stud Darnell Washington into his offense.

6.) Tay Gowan 6’2 185 CB UCF- Teammate Aaron Robinson getting all the hype, but this Gowan kid has holy shit speed and will be a fast riser after his pro day. Opted out to keep his daughter safe from Covid.

6C) Tony Fields 6’1 222 LB West Virginia -“That dog’s like taxes, he just don’t know when to stop.” Sideline to sideline player that is just always around the ball. Team leader will be a special teams warlord.

7) Chauncey Golston 6’5 265 EDGE Iowa- Another Senior Bowl standout being hyped by Nagy, but has some tools like a ’85 wingspan to work with.

7C) Luke Farrell 6’6 250 TE Ohio St- Already a tremendous blocker, this Buckeye spending his offseason down in Texas perfecting his craft with blocking guru Duke Manyweather.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. As numbers start to roll out from Pro Day’s I’m sure they’ll be plenty of adjustments to made.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:40 am

Dickerson has had 3 lower body injuries. I would be scared he will not last 4 years.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:40 am
Dickerson has had 3 lower body injuries. I would be scared he will not last 4 years.
I think he's had 2 knee injuries and 2 ankle injuries = 4. This is kind of player who falls a couple of extra rounds in the draft and then you think about drafting him in case the injuries were a fluke. Sorry, Drama, because I know he's a great kid and teammate and you love him like the first day of Spring.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 pm

I’m no doctor so not going to put a timetable on Dickerson’s career.
Yes he’s my guy this year
Phenomenally well respected team leader who is very good at football
No I won’t be surprised if some teams red flag him for medicals but I don’t think he drops far.
Just too good of a prospect and person
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am

McKitty keeps popping up late in the draft on my PFF mocks... kinda guy who might just be better in the NFL than he was in school.

Here's one where TE randomly popped up a little earlier:

24) Kyle Pitts, TE, UF
55) Javonte Williams, RB, UNC
87) Rashad Weaver, Edge, Pitt
128) Spencer Brown, T, NIU
141) Nico Collins, WR, scUM
217) Dax Milne, WR, BYU
225) Tristen Hoge, OG, BYU
244) Ian Book, QB ND
253) Carson Green, T, T A&M
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Ice wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am
McKitty keeps popping up late in the draft on my PFF mocks... kinda guy who might just be better in the NFL than he was in school.

24) Kyle Pitts, TE, UF
217) Dax Milne, WR, BYU
244) Ian Book, QB ND
Just say no to PFF draft simulator. Their big board is ridiculous, just to make a point.

So far, I'd say the profootballnetwork one might be the best. Board is not perfect but close to what seems like reality.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Ice

Post by Ice » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:09 pm

There's certainly a difference. Playing around a few times on the PFN Sim, (I'm sure I'll waste a few more hours on it before April :lol:) it really looks like a trade scenario might be the Steelers best option. Kinda the curse at 24, I guess. Down certainly makes the most sense, given the number of holes to fill.

I haven't come out of a sim yet out of 5 tries where I wasn't happier with my 2nd rounder than my 1st. Well, maybe once-ish when Puddin Tame from scUM randomly dropped, but that was more about liking the perceived value than anything else. Kinda like the Decastro pick.

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:58 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:42 pm
Ice wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am

24) Kyle Pitts, TE, UF
217) Dax Milne, WR, BYU
244) Ian Book, QB ND
Just say no to PFF draft simulator. Their big board is ridiculous, just to make a point.

So far, I'd say the profootballnetwork one might be the best. Board is not perfect but close to what seems like reality.
Yeah, I’m officially addicted.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:12 pm

Yeah, I went through another ten or so during office hours today. Best one yet.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Here's one I did from profootballnetwork.com. Their ranking are decent and trades are pretty realistic.

It's addictive for sure...

64. Eric Stokes CB Georgia
67. Walker Little OT Stanford
72. Jordan Smith EDGE UAB
78. Amari Rodgers WR Clemson
83. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
90. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
112. Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame
128. Khalil Herbert RB Virginia Tech
179. Jermar Jefferson RB Oregon State
194. Jordon Scott DT Oregon
244. Drue Chrisman P Ohio State