March Steelers Mock

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Re: March Steelers Mock

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 pm

I heard his "official" 40 time was even faster but we'll see how that shakes out. There were whispers of sub 4.4.

1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3Γ— 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:06 am

Some great CBs late in this draft if you dont need 6ft + at every CB position

Good DL and WRs late too

As far as that mock goes......

fuck no to a G in the 1st

Not a chance in hell Moore or Gillespie drops that far

A fucking punter in the 6th ???......no.....just no

The rest of it ????......meh
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:11 pm

tbsteel wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 am
1. Teven Jenkins, T/G, Oklahoma State - Looks like a nerd but plays like Ogre. My only concern: I think I like him more in a phone booth as a guard than at tackle, but love his game and think he'll kick ass wherever we put him.

2. Michael Carter, RB, UNC - An explosive playmaker in the backfield this offense needs. Don't get me wrong, I dig me some Javante Williams and Najee Harris, but those guys will be long gone by our 55th overall pick. Carter looks more like a complimentary piece but I think he can handle a featured role. How hard will it be to beat out Benny Snell? Also not a fan of waiting on a guy like Gainwell. Don't think he's near the talent with the twitchiness Antonio Gibson had coming out last year.

3. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky - Just a solid all around player. Does this guy have star potential? Probably not. I worry that he's a little slow/hesitant to react, but he flashes enough suddenness/explosiveness. Does a great job slipping under and away from blockers. All over the field making plays. Long arms and good instincts in the pass game.

4a. David Moore, G, Grambling State - Posted about him previously, but love his game and hoping for Dotson 2.0 with this dude. DeCastro has one year left in his deal, looks like a shell of his former self, and if cut or traded chops off over $8M on the cap. Just saying...

4b. Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas - Another guy from my first mock, but he's an explosive slot option. This offense is too damn stale. Adding two guys like Carter and Darden would really help open up the playbook and spice this group up.

6a. Tyree Gillespie, S, Mizzou - Athletic thumper who has some ball skills and is a pretty good athlete. If nothing else a guy who you want to see screaming down the field on kicks and punts looking to wreck a bitch.

6b. Max Duffy, P, Kentucky - Aussie punter! I don't know if we'd let him do his thing by kicking on the run, but he's a Ray Guy winner and was huge for Kentucky, a team that often depended on winning the field position battle to help get their offense points.

7a. Tony Poljan, TE, Virginia - This guy was a 6'7" QB a few years ago who converted to TE and played pretty well for Virginia. He's got a great frame, long, and has great natural hands, ball skills, and body control. Sees the field like a QB and knows where to find the vacated areas against the zone. He's a developmental guy, but I like him.

7b. Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State - Former 5 star recruit who had just awful injuries: two biceps tears and an achilles injury. To come back from that is pretty amazing. He was a rotational piece but he flashes. The dude made an INT in the corner of the end zone that few LBs could make a play on.
I don't think Teven Jenkins is a fit, even though in a vacuum he;s a terrific run blocker. Don;t know what his position in the NFL will be but I doubt seriously it's LT and it probably isn't RT, either.
Michael Carter's explosion is rumored but he really didn't test well, and is undersized. Bad combo.
Jamin Davis is probably going in late round 1 or early round 2––the kind of player NFL teams salivate over. I think he's a great choice.
David Moore is tough and plays well, but his lack of length has to hurt him in the NFL. Even at Center.
I <3 Jaelon Darden. He's Houdini. Yes, he's only a 4.4 guy and not a 4.2s guy and yes, his catch radius is pretty much the same as mine... but he can get over the top, has the quickest feet of anyone I've seen in several years, and is a threat to house ordinary looking screen passes.
Tyree Gillespie would be a Terrell Edmunds replacement, provided they don't extend Edmunds. Similar player but with more natural cover skills.
Just say no to drafting a punter in a year where you have a million needs both for starters, key role players, and depth.
Poljan has the size, but I'm not a big fan of his movement skills. Takes a long time to get to those zone holes. His lack of burst also shows up when he's late getting to a block.
Justin Hillard would be a good swing in the 7th.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3Γ— 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic