Boomer

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Boomer

Post by Steeldrama » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 am

1T.) Creed Humphrey 6’5 320 OC Oklahoma- “Boomer Sooner” Bitches. ‘ol Creed here says he studies Maurkice Pouncey’s film. Must be working for him because he has never given up a sack in OU’s pass happy attack. If I read correctly asst OL coach Chris Morgan attended Creed’s tremendous Pro Day workout while Coach Klemm was up in Fargo watching Dillon Radunz. I still think Quinn Meinerz will be the Steelers’ target, but man hard to not be wowed by Humphrey’s stellar workout which will surely vault him into round 1 consideration.

2.) Ronnie Perkins 6’3 247 EDGE Oklahoma- “I have a bird. His name is Ronnie.” “Tell Ronnie you got knocked the fuck out!” I don’t know if Covid prohibits teams from taking prospects to dinner, but the Steelers put Perkins through his Pro Day workout so my guess is they’re interested. Dinner would’ve confirmed it though. Literally nobody behind Watt and Highsmith with Ola not tendered.

3) Spencer Brown 6’8 325 OT Northern Iowa “Geezus, again Drama?” Sometimes I just can’t help myself. Dig this kids body tossing mentality. I still can’t wrap my tiny brain around the thought process of making Zach Banner a starter with a highly immobile qb under center, but such a move could bide some time for my guy Brown here to adapt to the pro game.

3T) Dylan Moses 6’3 240 LB Alabama- Five Star highly touted recruit made the cover of ESPN the Magazine after committing to ‘Bama at the age of 15. Coming off an ACL tear, he was solid in coverage, but I didn’t see Moses’ usual burst and explosion to the ball carrier. Make no mistake, Moses when fully healthy will part the red sea to hit ‘ya making him a bargain selection late day 2.

4) Trey Sermon 6’0 215 RB Ohio St- I had typed Rhamondre Stevenson’s name to keep going with the whole “Boomer Sooner” thing, but I wasn’t wowed by his Pro Day numbers so I’m going to revert back to the Steelers’ farm system over in Columbus. I still think the Steelers’ will draft a rb much earlier than day 3, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

4C) Israel Mukuamu 6’4 205 CB South Carolina- Not a lot of buzz around this king sized corner, but I can’t get his 3 int game against crappy ass Jake Fromm out of my mind. Kid was all over the damn field in the ‘Cocks upset win over my ‘Dawgs with 11 tackles. If the Steelers are intent on keeping Joe Haden. I think they can move him inside and let a draft pick with some size and speed play the outside.

6) Cornell Powell 6’0 210 WR Clemson- Steelers at Clemson Pro Day. Travis Etienne was the headliner, but don’t sleep on this Powell fella. Not the usual highly touted Clemson wr, but came out of nowhere to have a really solid season. Tough blocker and a special teams stalwart. Stood out to me in losses to Notre Dame and Ohio St. Competitive kid will be value pick on day 3.

7) Jonathan Marshall 6’3 310 DT Arkansas- Another name who garnered pro day headlines after strapping rockets to his shoes running a 4.77 40 and pumping out 36 reps on the bench.

7C) Briley Moore 6’4 250 TE Kansas St- And another name who garnered pro day headlines after running 4.6 40 with 37 vert etc. Somewhat sadly, I think the Steelers will roll with Ebron, a cheap FA signing, and a day 3 dart throw at the TE position this season.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. Pro Day hyperbole in full swing. I miss the combine.

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:15 am

Nice mock...one of your best, Drama...IMO.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:38 am

Lot to like here. Fills most of the holes, and from a hope/confidence perspective, Humphrey/Brown>>>>>>>>Finney/Banner. Perkins is a lot of fun to watch, and Moses, while a bit of a lottery ticket, could definitely boom; and hey, while he's not exactly homegrown produce, you included a Buckeye, so I'm cool with it.

I agree with you, though, based on the mandate laid down, RB is getting addressed in the first (Harris) or 2nd (Williams/Carter) round. Williams is only 20 at the moment, turning 21 by the time the season starts, too. Music to Tombert's ears.

Now watch them podium sprint for Etienne at 24...

Good stuff, Drama!
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic