OSU vs Notre Dame, WVU vs Pittsburgh

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steelcody7

OSU vs Notre Dame, WVU vs Pittsburgh

Post by Steelcody7 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:43 pm

Two of the games I cared about. My Buckeyes didn't look prepared offensively but they lost A LOT of WR talent to the draft and then injury Saturday night. The defense looked fast and aware. The secondary still has a lot to prove but I don't see many teams that will challenge OSU. As for the WVU game, WVU should have won. Their best WR cost them the game on that botched catch turned TD and WVU looks to have a solid quarterback. Gutless coaching was a key component as well. How do you not give the ball to your giant RB with a yard to gain to put the game away? The defense looks weak as usual. Pittsburgh has a weak schedule so they'll look good most weeks. I'll be surprised if they don't lose a game or two.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:43 pm

The Buckeyes were a sieve vs the run last year so they closed that up but ND does not have a real QB so still a bit of a test. ND showed the defense ( 2 high safeties) that they will face all year.

Stroud looked every bit like the #1 QB. Very accurate in his throws.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:32 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:43 pm
I prefer Anthony Richardson to Stroud but that’s just me
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:06 pm

Speaking for my Buckeyes and Panthers, I'll take both wins, both teams rose to the occasion, and both teams left a lot on tape to improve on moving forward. UT should be a good challenge for Pitt next week. Ohio is going to be taking everyone's best shot going forward.

Excited to watch both seasons unfold.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:25 pm

At least 3 plays for Notre Dame (missed tackle on opening drive, 2 bobbling circus catches) that accounted for about 100 yards. Buckeyes lose JSN early and Julian Fleming another 5 star WR doesn't play after being a game time decision.

The game could've easily been 28-3 Buckeyes. I wasn't as down on that performance as most were. Defense looked much improved. Offense will not be an issue.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:08 pm

Charles Demarr wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:25 pm
At least 3 plays for Notre Dame (missed tackle on opening drive, 2 bobbling circus catches) that accounted for about 100 yards. Buckeyes lose JSN early and Julian Fleming another 5 star WR doesn't play after being a game time decision.

The game could've easily been 28-3 Buckeyes. I wasn't as down on that performance as most were. Defense looked much improved. Offense will not be an issue.
which is why I said they did not face a real QB. ND QB was inaccurate in most throws and was saved by his WR.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Steelcody7

Post by Steelcody7 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:46 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:43 pm
The Buckeyes were a sieve vs the run last year so they closed that up but ND does not have a real QB so still a bit of a test. ND showed the defense ( 2 high safeties) that they will face all year.

I agree with you. I was very happy to see intensity on defense finally, but we'll see how they look against the Badgers in a couple of weeks.

CRey11

Post by CRey11 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:59 pm

i thought stroud might be on the way to a NCAA TD record but the record is 60 by burrow. CJ on pace for 44. be a great prop bet on the season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic