Edge Rusher

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
Steeldrama

Edge Rusher

Post by Steeldrama » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Edge Rushers

Steelers have had more than their share of great ones.

Where would Tomlin be without them?

Low-Watt and Alex Highsmith are a pretty, pretty, pretty, good duo

How do they compare to James Harrison/Lamar Woodley?

Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene??

Depends on how you view Highsmith I guess.

I would’ve liked a higher sack total but he’s solid.

Anyway, the Steelers had some nice depth on the edge for a change.

Did Tomlin put that depth to good use?

Debatable

That depth didn’t help much in the playoffs when Watt was out thanks to some Montravius Adams friendly fire.

Anyway

Tomlin lucked into some nepotism with Herbig making a few splash plays.

I’d bring Markus Golden back on another cheap 1 year deal.

If the Steelers don’t then I’m guessing they’ll once again do some UFA dumpster diving:

• YOUR Steelers are not signing Brian Burns, Josh Allen, or Danielle Hunter.
Bryce Huff Jets- Probably not getting him either given the demand for edge rushers.
Jonathan Greenard Texans- Not getting him either. Dig me some Demico Ryans. Go H-Town!
DJ Wonnum Vikings- “Dunlop, you suck Cock” This Cock doesn’t suck. High motor dude right here.
Bud Dupree Falcons- Kinda obvious one. Former Steeler and donut buddy of Artie Smith
Markus Golden Steelers- just restating in the likely event you skipped my preamble
Leonard Floyd Bills- I type his name nearly every offseason. All he does is produce.
Jadeveon Clowney Rats- I like this one. Had career year over by the inner harbor.
Chase Young 49ers- I’m typing his name because Tomlin once said something to the effect he never wanted to draft high enough to pick a guy like him. Lazy, overrated player I want no part of (see piss poor effort against the Lions).
AJ Epenesa Bills- I mentioned his name when discussing DL. Would love the Steelers to adjust their scheme to fit players of all shapes and sizes. Damn Tomlin. Lousy thug.
Emmanuel Ogbah Dolphins- Recently cut 4-3 end Tomlin wouldn’t know what to do with.
Dorance Armstrong Cowboys- And another productive player Tomlin wouldn’t be able to pigeonhole into his defense.
ZaDarius Smith Brown- Try hard type I always liked
Yannick Ngakuoe Bears- Not a try hard type I never liked.
Yetur Gross-Matos Panthers- Penn Stater
Romeo Okwara Lions- Had a 10 sack season in 2020. Not much since.
Marcus Davenport Vikings- Fragile underachiever type I’d rather avoid.
Anfernee Jenning Pats- Roll Tide! Not a sack artist but a versatile dude.
Josh Uche Pats- Damn scUM. One of many recent whiffs by William Belichick. Reclamation project
Klavon Chaisson Jags- Rd 1 bust still just 24 years old. Reclamation project
Zack Baun Saints- Another bust but he’s a Badger and probably boys with Herbig and Watt.
Clelin Ferrell 49ers- One of MANY major whiffs by my guy Mayock. Dude’s gone into hiding after his embarrassing stint with Gruden and the Raiduhs. NFL Network needs him back desperately.

That old cliché “You can’t have enough pass rushers:”

Dallas Turner Bama- I think he’s a better pass rusher than his much-ballyhooed Bama teammate, Will Anderson.
Chop Robinson Penn St- Short for “Pork Chop.” 14 pd baby. Ouch. That poor vagina.
Jared Verse Florida St- Made a big leap from Albany State. Lamar Woodley vibes.
Laiatu Latu UCLA- UW transfer. Neck issue but energizer bunny type.
Adissa Issac Penn St- Everyone looking for the next Micah Parsons. Do a little less with your talent, Franklin.
Chris Braswell Bama- Try hard type I’ve seen play in person many times.
Bralen Trice UW- This dog (NOT dawg) has a relentless motor.
Austin Booker Kansas- Combine Week! Just a redshirt sophomore. Sure to be a fast riser if he tests well.
Gabriel Murphy UCLA- “Twins Basil!” The better of the Murphy twins.
Jonah Ellis Utes- Tomlin and his NFL bloodlines.
Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan- MAC stud. What say you, Charles?
Javon Solomon Troy- You’ve never seen him play either.
Xavier Thomas Clemson- High motor player. Seemingly been around forever.
Brennan Jackson ‘Cougs- And another high motor player.
Braiden McGregor scUM- Big game player. Saved his best for the Buckeyes and playoff run.
Mohamed Kamara Colorado St- Watched him destroy an awful ‘Buffs OL in a fun shootout against Coach Prime.
Jalynx Hunt Houston Christian – You’ve never seen him play either.
Nelson Ceasar Houston- Hair-floss Holgorson finally fired. Tuned into a game this year where his sideline demeanor had me annoyed enough to change the channel.
Zion Tupuola-Fetui UW- And another hard charging edge rusher.
Eyabi Okie-Anoma Charlotte- Sooo over typing hyphenated last names. Just pick a name and go with it.
Cedric Johnson Ole Miss- Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane type.
Javontae Jean- Baptiste Irish- And more hyphens. Buckeye transfer needs to eat a sandwich.
• The rest I leave to YOU and the not here soon enough Fury Board Mock Draft.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. Yep, can’t have enough pass rushers. My uneducated guess is the Steelers simply re-sign Markus Golden and move on with their day. But, I’m all for using a draft pick to add more depth and pass rushing juice. Anyway, that’s it for me. No more positions to preview (I’ll punt on kickers). Gotta start putting my Green Bay Packers board together for the beforementioned Fury Board Mock Draft. Happy drafting, y’all!

Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:00 pm

Nice list Drama, you missed one that i like, maybe you have as an interior rusher, but i like Dorian Robinson Missouri on the edge.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm

Greeksteel wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:00 pm
Nice list Drama, you missed one that i like, maybe you have as an interior rusher, but i like Dorian Robinson Missouri on the edge.
Yeah I put the Robinson kid on the Defensive Line list
Figure he's more of a 3-4 End than OLB/EDGE type
Dig him
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Greeksteel

Post by Greeksteel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Steeldrama wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm
Greeksteel wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:00 pm
Yeah I put the Robinson kid on the Defensive Line list
Figure he's more of a 3-4 End than OLB/EDGE type
Dig him
oh ok..in that case we are in agreement my man

Charles Demarr

Post by Charles Demarr » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:08 pm

I watched Western Michigan play 3x in the last 2 years and Kneeland never made me think he was anything special. Fiske on the other hand was someone who stood out. Kneeland didn't play against Toledo this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic