LETS GO BUCS !

MJG75

Re: LETS GO BUCS !

Post by MJG75 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:00 pm

Cutch with hit 2000!! Just goes to show how tough it is to get 3000.

Man, Keller is getting no close calls and nothing along the top of the zone, at all. Wake up, ump!

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:55 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:32 pm
Bucs in first place? Really? WTF is going on? I hear frost was seen in hell.
- Guys are playing at or above expectations
- The Pirates are built to take advantage of the MLB's rule changes
- The NL Central as a whole is terrible

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:20 pm

Roansy must go-nsy

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Bring up Rodriguez, Davis, Mlodzinski and possibly Priester.

Roansy and Zastryzny and Hedges and Mathias need to go.

And still we need to trade for pitching help.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:34 pm

Oh and Holderman is now up to a 4.01 ERAMand he’s also getting hit really hard, so maybe it’s time to make Moreta the bridge to Bednar.

Of course the issue is, Pirates’ pitching now has so many holes, these are cosmetic changes.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:32 pm

jeemie wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Which catcher is worse, I forget?

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:32 pm
jeemie wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Which catcher is worse, I forget?
Hedges by far although he “frames pitches well”.

But both he and Delay suck.

Rodriguez and Davis can play multiple positions besides catcher so they can both be in the lineup every day…if only they’d be called up.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:46 pm

“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:58 pm

Davis finally being promoted, but neither Hedges nor Delay are being released/demoted.

So their anemic bats will stay in the lineup while Davis gets slotted in to replace batters doing way better than either of those two.

I swear it’s like Nutting is instructing his staff not to let the team become too good.

Only the Guardians have a worse catching duo and at least they are trying to get better there by releasing Mike Zunino and calling up Bo Naylor.

Rod & Wire Mill

Post by Rod & Wire Mill » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 am

jeemie wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:58 pm
Davis finally being promoted, but neither Hedges nor Delay are being released/demoted.

So their anemic bats will stay in the lineup while Davis gets slotted in to replace batters doing way better than either of those two.

I swear it’s like Nutting is instructing his staff not to let the team become too good.

Only the Guardians have a worse catching duo and at least they are trying to get better there by releasing Mike Zunino and calling up Bo Naylor.
Yep, still doing the late June call-up gamesmanship. Producing and fielding a winning team hasn’t been the policy for decades, and won’t be for the foreseeable future. Too bad cause some of these kids seem like they actually want to play ball. They’ll just have to do that elsewhere.

Also, anyone remember the name of the middle reliever the Bucs drafted in the first instead of the catcher who went to Baltimore and on to a nice career.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:57 pm

Nine losses in a row. Same old Pirates.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:00 am

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 am
jeemie wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:58 pm

Yep, still doing the late June call-up gamesmanship. Producing and fielding a winning team hasn’t been the policy for decades, and won’t be for the foreseeable future. Too bad cause some of these kids seem like they actually want to play ball. They’ll just have to do that elsewhere.

Also, anyone remember the name of the middle reliever the Bucs drafted in the first instead of the catcher who went to Baltimore and on to a nice career.
Daniel Moskos. He appeared in all of 31 games (24.1 innings total) in 2011 going 1-1 with a 2.96 ERA. That was all she wrote. They also passed on Madison Bumgarner and Jason Hayward in that draft as well as Matt Wieters who you mentioned.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:50 am

Oh...I fully expect the Pirates to not draft Dylan Crews with the first pick of the draft, to put the turd on top of the shit sundae.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:56 am

Loving the Pirates since around 1967, they absolutely should not exist as a major league baseball team anymore.

...and probably should have been contracted at least a decade ago.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:37 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:56 am
Loving the Pirates since around 1967, they absolutely should not exist as a major league baseball team anymore.

...and probably should have been contracted at least a decade ago.
Are pirates fans screaming about management and coaching the way they are with the steelers NHALS?
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:37 pm
Are pirates fans screaming about management and coaching the way they are with the steelers NHALS?
Management? Good God, yes and they have been for decades. Nutting is the most hated figure in Pittsburgh sports.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:36 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm
COR-TEN wrote:
Management? Good God, yes and they have been for decades. Nutting is the most hated figure in Pittsburgh sports.
And to think Nutting's been there for how long now? If Art II is catching hell, WTF is up with pirates ownership?
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:46 pm

Last night’s loss is probably the most embarrassing yet.

And the last bullpen arm that was doing any good, Moreta, has now also fallen on his face.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:07 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:36 pm
Pabst wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm
COR-TEN wrote:
And to think Nutting's been there for how long now? If Art II is catching hell, WTF is up with pirates ownership?
People have become too apathetic toward the Pirates.

With Art II, people are passionate and believe the team can win a title if he stays in the background.

With Nutting? Not even worth getting emotionally invested. Wake me up when training camp starts.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:28 pm

Been a little tougher to swallow cos of the strong start and the advent of some key prospects. Losing Cruz and a lot of SP early on was too much to handle and then you have games like the other night against the Marlins with the game on the line, and the psyche of these players in the balance, the manager fails to bring in his All Star, and well rested closer to get us out of the 8th. I believe it was a mistake to have promoted Shelton so soon but he's obviously far from our biggest problem even if I do see him give gamed away on the regular with strange decisions. He doesn't seem to have a feel for the game, I dunno. Wasted a gem
by Oviedo today, dammit.

I'm always all in on the Bucs, despite Nutting. We brought up Davis and Gonzalez and maybe more on the way (Triolo is making a case now). We will right things a bit once we get a little healthier but the scariest thing is we are 3.5 years into the current rebuild and yet our cupboard feels a little sparser than you think it ought to be. Our depth has been challenged and mostly failed. But with more health, we can right the ship, there is still time to be relevant again in a weak division but we must play better vs. our division foes.

I'm also having a great time enjoying Cutch once more in the black and gold, and chasing several milestones. It's not the most satisfying thing, obviously, but still interesting and fun for a fan of the game and Pittsburgh sports history. Let's go, Bucs!

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:32 pm

jeemie wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:50 am
Oh...I fully expect the Pirates to not draft Dylan Crews with the first pick of the draft, to put the turd on top of the shit sundae.
No I think they will take him or Skenes, and even though the only way this team will ever get top pitchers is through draft or trades, I hope they take the position player in this case. I believe it will happen. They are operating ever so slightly differently than in the past.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:54 pm

MJG75 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:32 pm
jeemie wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:50 am
No I think they will take him or Skenes, and even though the only way this team will ever get top pitchers is through draft or trades, I hope they take the position player in this case. I believe it will happen. They are operating ever so slightly differently than in the past.
I just read an article that said Crews may not want to sign with the Bucs even if they offer an unprecedented bonus to do so. No hostages here, despite my misgivings, I hope they take Skenes instead. Boras clients hate playing here, take Cole most recently as an example of someone who didn't care to be here and mostly played like it except for one season with us. I would take Skenes and bring him to ST next Feb and see if he can just go out of the gate. I prefer a position player when picking so high but not one who is coming in from jump with an attitude. Bucs have been hard-core researching alternatives. Is there a position player out there who can give us basically what Crews does?

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Raise it with brooms! Whether SD or not, I will take it! It's a weak division, and Davis and Gonzalez and Triolo look like the real deal. This is a different team and I expect it to get even more so with each passing day. Let's go Bucs!!

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:20 pm

I don't have a link but Keller has been named to the NL All Star team. Quite an honor for this kid who has really had to fight his way to get to this point. Good for him!

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:26 pm

Davis is doing well, so will Shelton please stop fucking around with him and moving him around in the lineup?

Of course, what Shelton should really be doing is letting him catch...if not, we may as well start DHing for Austin Hedges and let the pitcher bat. Hedges' bat in the lineup is such a killer.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:41 am

Why is Contreras still being allowed to pitch at the big league level?

He has lost it and needs to be sent back down to find his confidence again if he can.

He is killing us.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:36 pm

jeemie wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:41 am
Why is Contreras still being allowed to pitch at the big league level?

He has lost it and needs to be sent back down to find his confidence again if he can.

He is killing us.
True and they just sent him down. This Bucs management does everything so freaking slowly and rarely think outside the box. Why not push Keller yesterday a bit? Why not bring up Endy and start him at C? Why not draft and start Skenes this season or right away next season instead of letting him get messed up in our minor system for several years? Look at what the Reds did. This season might still be salvageable to get back in the conversation we must find starters somewhere.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:14 pm

Now the rumor is they have contacted the top five players in the draft to see who is willing to go under slot because Cherington wants to create "maximum value throughout the whole draft".

If we do not draft Skenes, Crews or Langford...I am done with them.

You have pick 1.1 you maximize pick 1.1, not the entire draft ...especially with three great almost ML ready players to choose from.

MJG75

Post by MJG75 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:19 am

jeemie wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:14 pm
Now the rumor is they have contacted the top five players in the draft to see who is willing to go under slot because Cherington wants to create "maximum value throughout the whole draft".

If we do not draft Skenes, Crews or Langford...I am done with them.

You have pick 1.1 you maximize pick 1.1, not the entire draft ...especially with three great almost ML ready players to choose from.
We got Skenes! Perfect choice given Crews wanting more and his agent problem. Now don't screw him up, let him pitch! Let's go Bucs!

ironzabo

Post by ironzabo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:20 am

Happiest Day in a long while with GMBC managing to not over think something 8-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic