Supplement question for fitness posters

This is where old posts that do not fit into any of the new forum categories are dumped.
COR-TEN

Re: Supplement question for fitness posters

Post by COR-TEN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Havoc wrote:Great thread.

Health is paramount, gentlemen. Take care of what you've got.

If I ever had to choose between weight lifting and cardio (jogging for me before I was forced to stop) I always would have chosen weight lifting. I'm a different person when I'm lifting weights.

I was forced out of jogging due to neck disc issues (neck discs can't take the pounding). When my neck "lost it" and I was forced to seek help, a chiro (who I believe was excellent) told me my jogging days were over. Of course, I went right back to trying to jog again like normal a few times, and the pain was so bad I didn't want to jog anymore.

I'm so glad I can still lift weights.
Already been mentioned. Swim. Ultra low impact, great cardio. Burns more calories than running. But I've read lifting and cardio combined is the ultimate in losing excess fat, keeping cardio vascular healthy.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm

COR-TEN wrote:

If I ever had to choose between weight lifting and cardio (jogging for me before I was forced to stop) I always would have chosen weight lifting. I'm a different person when I'm lifting weights.

I was forced out of jogging due to neck disc issues (neck discs can't take the pounding). When my neck "lost it" and I was forced to seek help, a chiro (who I believe was excellent) told me my jogging days were over. Of course, I went right back to trying to jog again like normal a few times, and the pain was so bad I didn't want to jog anymore.

Already been mentioned. Swim. Ultra low impact, great cardio. Burns more calories than running. But I've read lifting and cardio combined is the ultimate in losing excess fat, keeping cardio vascular healthy.

I hear you on the swimming, it's a great idea. Swimming is not my "thing" at all but it's something to consider. I walk on a treadmill or I ride a stationary bike both of which are boring to me so I get on the internet on my cell sometimes while I do it.

When I used to jog, I did it outdoors. I did enjoy it. Lifting weights is more important to me as I stated.

IMO, health starts with what you put in your body.
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Havoc wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I hear you on the swimming, it's a great idea. Swimming is not my "thing" at all but it's something to consider. I walk on the treadmill or I ride a stationary bike both of which are boring to me so I get on the internet on my cell sometimes while I do it.

When I used to jog, I did it outdoors. I did enjoy it. Lifting weights is more important to me as I stated.

IMO, health starts with what you put in your body.
Yeah. Swimming is good if you know how, but for fear of sounding like an elderly trainer, you can increase your output by walking fast in waist deep water - among other water exercises. The resistance helps a LOT.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Havoc

Post by Havoc » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:03 pm

That's something to consider. Makes sense.

I started having neck issues at 42
Throw. The. Football. On. First. Down.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:55 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMxrWTWE768[/youtube]

Locked Previous topicNext topic