Virtual Conventions

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
SteelPro

Virtual Conventions

Post by SteelPro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm interested to hear what others think of the Democratic and Republican Conventions as they are done virtually. Was listening to CNN last night and in their opinion the format will actually help the parties deliver a more focused and sanitized party message because you won't have certain factions distracting from the message on the convention floor. The example used was Bernie's wing of the party won't be able to cause a ruckus like at the 2016 convention. Makes sense to me. Probably helps Biden this election cycle. But I don't believe this is a good thing for politics long term.

People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:23 pm

I just don't see the need for a convention, period
It's basically a big circle jerk and fart whiffing for the respective parties

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Well it is kind of silly if all the speeches (at least for the DNC) are going to be taped. Without a live audience what is the point?
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 am

Cant watch this much longer without waitng for anyone, someone, mentioning what is happening in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, NY, LA, SF, Washington, etc.

80 something straight nights of violence and mostly violent protests in Portland. Molitail cocktails, bricks, frozen water bottles, bats, rocks, fireworks, lazers in eyes, etc... with no end in site. Setting precincts on fire with police inside. Holly shit the beating that one guy got tonight. Has to have brain damage. Google it. Sickening. Still waiting for the Mayor and Governor to put a stop to this. Let alone even denounce it. Anyone denounce this violence during convention tonight? Can't believe Bernie used the term mostly peaceful protests tonight in his speech. Holly crap! Please go to the front line in person and join the peacful protests. Money has it he would get his head bashed in. Much easier to be oblivious 1000s of miles away and continue to feed the MSM with...mostly peaceful. If i had a $1 for every time someone said mostly peaceful, I'd have a alot of. Money to hand to the families of the innocent people killed during these "mostly peaceful " protests. David Dorn, Italia Kelly, ..to name a few.
Perfect platform to spread a message of peace. Swing and miss.

Seattle handed their streets over to the antifa terrororists a long time ago. Maybe they saved their city from burning by simply giving in to these terrorists. If you don't agree with or hold the same views you will be open to violence or harm. The rioting is intensifying in Seattle as the hour ticks, so maybe Seattle has a tuff road ahead and they may not be spared.

Minneapolis has close to 700 buildings and businesse damaged, burned or destroyed. I assume More mostly peaceful protests again, that did the damage. Jeez.
What a shame, as many or most of those businesses will head out of that city and not return. That area will be like that for a long time. Many if these businesses destroyed were minority or immigrant owned. A Pakastanian immigrant had his business and building destroyed and was standing in front of a sunk in hole of piled bricks and debris. Said the city put up a fence around the property and sent him a bill for the fence. A black couple just opened their dream business, sports bar,...destroyed.
Sad. Those burned out businesses are being asked to pay forward the rest of their rents/ taxes for 2020 before rebuilding. Bye, bye.
Anyone tonight at the convention apallaed or disgusted?

Chicago has seen murder almost double from 2019 and we are only in August. Lori Lightfoot is clearly the worst mayor in the United States. Tho Bill Deblasio is giving her the ride for her money. Both of whom are stealing paychecks. What a perfect audience for Lightfoot to ask for peace. How many black lives will be taken, black kids killed, innocent bystanders killed before anyone in that city makes a stand. Turns it around. They don't seem to care about these people. People talk about not being able to walk in their neighborhoods, being home before nightfall, staying off stoops and away from windows. Assasinations. Sickening.

People are leaving NYC. The blundering duo of Deblasio and Cuomo have taken the greatest city to its knees. Deblasio is just oblivious, was so, long before the clock struck 2020. His not putting a stop to the water buckets humiliation in 2018-19, emboldened the crimunal element. Saw a video of a 6-7 year old handed a bucket of water to throw on a cup. No bail that took effect before the virus took hold, then realeasing criminals from jails when covid hit was a double whammy for this city.
Cuomos not using the 1000 bed Navy hospital ship was mind boggling, as i think less than 200 were treated there. The Javits center had 2500 beds set up by the US army. Less than 1000 patients were treated with more empty beds than occupied.
5 of 50 states sent their elderly with the virus back to nursing homes. I believe NY, NJ, PA, MI and Cal. Cuomo sent them back and over 6000 died.
I loved Mario Cuomo, thought he could have been the first Italian president!
His son could be criminally negligent.
Apartment vacancies and commercial vacancies are sky rocketing. People are leaving the city. Last week
Cuomo was begging people to come back. Come back to continue paying high taxes to bail out his mess. Bye, bye.

People are leaving LA and SF as well. Heard California was looking to add a tax to those who move out of state.....a 10 year tax! I would imagine Kamala, Garcetti, Newsome, Pelosi, Waters will all talk during the convention. Anyone of them going to discuss the mess they made of their state?
Bet not.

I hope tomorrow night we will here some words, messages, platform that address what is happening in these cities. How to fix them. How to stop the violence and murder. How to squash the terrorists and make them accountable and or put behind bars.

End appaul and disgust.
Peace.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 am
Cant watch this much longer without waitng for anyone, someone, mentioning what is happening in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, NY, LA, SF, Washington, etc.

80 something straight nights of violence and mostly violent protests in Portland. Molitail cocktails, bricks, frozen water bottles, bats, rocks, fireworks, lazers in eyes, etc... with no end in site. Setting precincts on fire with police inside. Holly shit the beating that one guy got tonight. Has to have brain damage. Google it. Sickening. Still waiting for the Mayor and Governor to put a stop to this. Let alone even denounce it. Anyone denounce this violence during convention tonight? Can't believe Bernie used the term mostly peaceful protests tonight in his speech. Holly crap! Please go to the front line in person and join the peacful protests. Money has it he would get his head bashed in. Much easier to be oblivious 1000s of miles away and continue to feed the MSM with...mostly peaceful. If i had a $1 for every time someone said mostly peaceful, I'd have a alot of. Money to hand to the families of the innocent people killed during these "mostly peaceful " protests. David Dorn, Italia Kelly, ..to name a few.

Seattle handed their streets over to the antifa terrororists a long time ago. Maybe they saved their city from burning by simply giving in to these terrorists. If you don't agree with or hold the same views you will be open to violence or harm. The rioting is intensifying in Seattle as the hour ticks, so maybe Seattle has a tuff road ahead and they may not be spared.

Minneapolis has close to 700 buildings and businesse damaged, burned or destroyed. I assume More mostly peaceful protests again, that did the damage. Jeez.
What a shame, as many or most of those businesses will head out of that city and not return. That area will be like that for a long time. Many if these businesses destroyed were minority or immigrant owned. A Pakastanian immigrant had his business and building destroyed and was standing in front of a sunk in hole of piled bricks and debris. Said the city put up a fence around the property and sent him a bill for the fence. A black couple just opened their dream business, sports bar,...destroyed.
Sad. Those burned out businesses are being asked to pay forward the rest of their rents/ taxes for 2020 before rebuilding. Bye, bye.

Chicago has seen murder almost double from 2019 and we are only in August. Lori Lightfoot is clearly the worst mayor in the United States. Tho Bill Deblasio is giving her the ride for her money. Both of whom are stealing paychecks. What a perfect audience for Lightfoot to ask for peace. How many black lives will be taken, black kids killed, innocent bystanders killed before anyone in that city makes a stand. Turns it around. They don't seem to care about these people. People talk about not being able to walk in their neighborhoods, being home before nightfall, staying off stoops and away from windows. Assasinations. Sickening.

People are leaving NYC. The blundering duo of Deblasio and Cuomo have taken the greatest city to its knees. Deblasio is just oblivious, was so, long before the clock struck 2020. His not putting a stop to the water buckets humiliation in 2018-19, emboldened the crimunal element. Saw a video of a 6-7 year old handed a bucket of water to throw on a cup. No bail that took effect before the virus took hold, then realeasing criminals from jails when covid hit was a double whammy for this city.
Cuomos not using the 1000 bed Navy hospital ship was mind boggling, as i think less than 200 were treated there. The Javits center had 2500 beds set up by the US army. Less than 1000 patients were treated with more empty beds than occupied.
5 of 50 states sent their elderly with the virus back to nursing homes. I believe NY, NJ, PA, MI and Cal. Cuomo sent them back and over 6000 died.
Apartment vacancies and commercial vacancies are sky rocketing. People are leaving the city. Last week
Cuomo was begging people to come back. Come back to continue paying high taxes to bail out his mess. Bye, bye.

People are leaving LA and SF as well. Heard California was looking to add a tax to those who move out of state.....a 10 year tax! I would imagine Kamala, Garcetti, Newsome, Pelosi, Waters will all talk during the convention. Anyone of them going to discuss the mess they made of their state?
Bet not.

I hope tomorrow night we will here some words, messages, platform that address what is happening in these cities. How to fix them. How to stop the violence and murder. How to squash the terrorists and make them accountable and or put behind bars.

End appaul and disgust.
Peace.
From this post you'd think the country was on fire. Get a grip, dude. Yeah, the violent interlopers who just want anarchy need to be condemned in the strongest of terms. It's totally unacceptable and only detract from the credibility of what is actually at stake. But is it widespread? Is this 1968? No. It's not. Stop wetting your law and order panties and pull it together.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

If Mario Cuomo's son were running against Fat Donnie Bone Spurs, Bone Spurs would have already quit.

Repubs better be damn happy it's Biden instead of Cuomo, so Fat Donnie still has a slight outside chance.

Against Cuomo, he'd have NONE.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Stosh-67 wrote:

Bet not.

End appaul and disgust.
Peace.
From this post you'd think the country was on fire. Get a grip, dude. Yeah, the violent interlopers who just want anarchy need to be condemned in the strongest of terms. It's totally unacceptable and only detract from the credibility of what is actually at stake. But is it widespread? Is this 1968? No. It's not. Stop wetting your law and order panties and pull it together.
except they are not being condemned, by any of the politicians, councilmen, mayors, governors, etc.... of these cities or at a national level or by the media. And when a problem is ignored it only gets worse, which is what we are seeing.
Keep it civil....don't turn into KC

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:28 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm
If Mario Cuomo's son were running against Fat Donnie Bone Spurs, Bone Spurs would have already quit.

Repubs better be damn happy it's Biden instead of Cuomo, so Fat Donnie still has a slight outside chance.

KC. Always, always love your football point of view.
Especially the Steelers.
agree with 85.7% of what you talk about.

Politically? Do you enjoy what is going on in these cities?
Destroying one town, one city, one state at time.
Never been more appalled by a party in my life.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Stosh-67 wrote:

Bet not.

End appaul and disgust.
Peace.
Didn't MLK say "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"?
Why shouldn't the same standards apply in this instance where people are dying? This is essentially an unregistered militia and the cops are outnumbered. A man died after a racially motivated attack
I think the point he's making is there's been no condemnation or rebuke from the Dems. That is the disappointment.
For all the shit Trump gets (and much of it well deserved), he tried to send in troops to quell it. But the mayor basically gave him the middle finger and said "I don't need your help, it's all under control".

I hope the family of the person who died ends up suing the mayor and the city

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Civil it should be Stosh. I apologize. But the country is not burning down. Not even close. It's not 1968.

And Biden has condemned the violence and will continue to do so. And mayors have condemned it. So, you're just WRONG. At this point, I have to ask: where exactly are you consuming your media? Because the condemnations that have happened are apparently not making their way to you. The problem is that too many on the left are, for some stupid reason, afraid to condemn the violence. No idea why. I cannot understand it.

And the protests, given their scale, ARE mostly peaceful.

When a two block radius is engulfed in flames and looting and that's all the media show you, but not the peaceful protesting going on two blocks away, no wonder you have this attitude.
Last edited by Professor Half Wit on Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:28 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

KC. Always, always love your football point of view.
Especially the Steelers.
agree with 85.7% of what you talk about.

Politically? Do you enjoy what is going on in these cities?
Destroying one town, one city, one state at time.
Never been more appalled by a party in my life.
I'm appalled by a few things.

I'm appalled that 170,000 Americans have died from the #TrumpVirus and many, many more will continue to die because he's an incompetent useless cunt. Now Trump's going to start pushing a toxic substance in unison with....wait for it...THE MY PILLOW GUY.

I'm not kidding.

As for the unrest in the cities, this is a direct result of police brutality targeting blacks AND...wait for it.....Republicans planting a White Supremacist in the White House.

Trump race baited from the minute he was elected. You're seeing the fruits of this fat orange piece of shit becoming president.

People are fucking pissed and, as I have stated many times around these parts, when Kaepernick tried to warn you....you didn't listen.

You thought the dark folk would just stay in their lanes and continue putting up with bullshit. Well, George Floyd, Philando Castille, Breonna Taylor, etc....and....that whole "putting up with bullshit" thing came to and end. Fast.

As Fat Donnie Bone Spurs said, when asked about the #TrumpVirus he said would simply go away like a miracle, "It is what it is".
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:36 pm
Civil it should be Stosh. I apologize. But the country is not burning down. Not even close. It's not 1968.

And Biden has condemned the violence and will continue to do so. And mayors have condemned it. So, you're just WRONG. At this point, I have to ask: where exactly are you consuming your media? Because the condemnations that have happened are apparently not making their way to you. The problem is that too many on the left are, for some stupid reason, afraid to condemn the violence. No idea why. I cannot understand it.

And the protests, given their scale, ARE mostly peaceful.

When a two block radius is engulfed in flames and looting and that's all the media show you, but not the peaceful protesting going on two blocks away, no wonder you have this attitude.
Do you have a link where Biden condemns Portland violence?
This is all I could find

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:40 pm

This needs to be characterized in a more accurate way. First of all, antifa is not a terrorist organization. And if you don't think instigators and agitators among the peaceful protesters don't exist, then I have a bridge to sell you. They are there purposefully to enrage the public against the protest. And many are falling for it hook line and sinker.

Most dem politicians have condemned violence and rioting. They will not condemn protests asking for equal treatment by law enforcement. What most people want is to have the left condemn antifa. And antifa is exactly what it means. Anti Fascists. Those that shit on journalism, side step the rule of law, ignore the checks and balances set up by the framers, send Federal agents to detain people without cause walking home from a protest are fascists. Nobody seems to be condemning the alt right that said very clearly, "Jews will not replace us. Blacks will not replace us." Instead, we were told there are good people saying those things. Law enforcement and the FBI have already had recordings leaked that they are purposefully detain . . .errr. . . kidnapping people to intimidate. ANd they have hired lawyers to protect their right to unlawfully arrest peaceful protestors.

Lastly, people aren't leaving NYC because of violence or deBlasio (whom I'm not a fan of) and cuomo, but because the city is shut down. There is nothing to do here. Nobody works in offices, restaurants are at probably 25% capacity, and cultural institutions are shut down. The city doesn't offer what it did before. It's not because there are riots in the streets. That happened months ago, and again, instigators/ agitators along with the few were engaging in rioting. But if you want to know why some are looting? Watch this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9_qGO ... e=emb_logo
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm

"A Republican-led Senate Report".......

Incredible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/p ... 4d1f73f675

Harvey Woodlawn

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Most dem politicians have condemned violence and rioting.
Do you have any links to confirm they've condemned the Portland stuff?

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Can you believe they trotted this out? I mean this is a national convention where stuff is vetted and then re vetted and finally authorized for consumption

So essentially "Trump held a gun to my dad's head and he went out to a bar and contracted Covid"

This is so absurd and fantastical at the same time. This woman is an imbecile.

If she has anger then she should be pissed at the AZ Gov for lifting the order.

(CNN) - One of the most poignant moments from the first night of the 2020 Democratic National Convention did not come from a politician or celebrity.

Kristin Urquiza said she lost her father to COVID-19 because he trusted President Trump’s repeated messaging that the virus was going away.

In a video message Monday night, Urquiza said that while Trump did not cause the pandemic, he certainly made it worse.

“After the stay at home order was lifted in Arizona, my dad went to a karaoke bar with his friends. A few weeks later, he was put on a ventilator,” she said. “And after five agonizing days, he died alone in the ICU, with the nurse holding his hand. My dad was a healthy 65-year old. His only pre-existing condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that, he paid with his life.”

ADVERTISEMENT

She added that one of the last things her father told her before he died was that he felt betrayed by Donald Trump.

Urquiza says when she casts her vote for Joe Biden, she will be doing it for her dad.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm
Can you believe they trotted this out? I mean this is a national convention where stuff is vetted and then re vetted and finally authorized for consumption

So essentially "Trump held a gun to my dad's head and he went out to a bar and contracted Covid"

(CNN) - One of the most poignant moments from the first night of the 2020 Democratic National Convention did not come from a politician or celebrity.

Kristin Urquiza said she lost her father to COVID-19 because he trusted President Trump’s repeated messaging that the virus was going away.

In a video message Monday night, Urquiza said that while Trump did not cause the pandemic, he certainly made it worse.

“After the stay at home order was lifted in Arizona, my dad went to a karaoke bar with his friends. A few weeks later, he was put on a ventilator,” she said. “And after five agonizing days, he died alone in the ICU, with the nurse holding his hand. My dad was a healthy 65-year old. His only pre-existing condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that, he paid with his life.”

ADVERTISEMENT

She added that one of the last things her father told her before he died was that he felt betrayed by Donald Trump.

Urquiza says when she casts her vote for Joe Biden, she will be doing it for her dad.
You may not like it, but these Republican governors (like my own Ron DeathSentence here in Florida) were acting on Trump's orders to get these bars and businesses open.

It's no secret. DeathSentence worked in concert with Trump. Bragged about how he consulted with Trump DAILY when Florida opened bars and restaurants back in June. Most are shut once again down here.

Trump never gave a shit who lived or who died because of COVID. Trump is all about his brainless rallies and getting re-elected.

...and Donnie KNOWS he isn't going to get re-elected if the country is shut down and COVID is a major problem come November.

Let's also remember how hard Bone Spurs pushed back and politicized mask wearing, going as far as to say that people weren't wearing masks to protect themselves. They were wearing masks to make Trump look bad. He actually said that.

Shit like that comes back to bit you in the big spray tanned orange ass sometimes.

Harvey Woodlawn

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm
COR-TEN wrote:

Do you read or listen to news? Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), on august 5, 2020 :

"We should all join hands in denouncing, whatever words you want to use, about violent extremism of all stripes. And I think we can all agree on that," she continued. "So to constantly accuse Democrats of not caring about that...and you're not listening. So I hope this is the end of this hearing, Mr. Chairman, and that we don't have to listen any more of your rhetorical speeches. Thank you very much. I'm leaving."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosa ... d-n2573733

And thats a conservative website.

Have you read what I wrote? What the conservative right wants is to demonize antifa. So they play stupid games and put words into dems mouths and ignore what is actually being said. No fucking body wants violence and destruction. To think the left wants that or doesn't denounce it is ludicrous and politically based. Just read the article on how biased it is. . .
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:32 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

ADVERTISEMENT

You may not like it, but these Republican governors (like my own Ron DeathSentence here in Florida) were acting on Trump's orders to get these bars and businesses open.

It's no secret. DeathSentence worked in concert with Trump. Bragged about how he consulted with Trump DAILY when Florida opened bars and restaurants back in June. Most are shut once again down here.

Trump never gave a shit who lived or who died because of COVID. Trump is all about his brainless rallies and getting re-elected.

...and Donnie KNOWS he isn't going to get re-elected if the country is shut down and COVID is a major problem come November.

Let's also remember how hard Bone Spurs pushed back and politicized mask wearing, going as far as to say that people weren't wearing masks to protect themselves. They were wearing masks to make Trump look bad. He actually said that.

Shit like that comes back to bit you in the big spray tanned orange ass sometimes.
They opened up bars around here awhile back. Do you think I fucking went out and enjoyed myself? Nope, I've been pretty much hunkered out at home save the take out order from restaurants

I concede there was pressure to re open, but just because someone tells me it's ok to jump into a vat of acid doesn't mean I'm not going to suit up or maybe just not jump in it to begin with.

Have a little bit of common fucking sense. And if you choose to go out, in se periculum recepit. For those of you not up on latin maxims that means "assume the risk"

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:34 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:12 pm
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm
COR-TEN wrote:

Do you read or listen to news? Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), on august 5, 2020 :

"We should all join hands in denouncing, whatever words you want to use, about violent extremism of all stripes. And I think we can all agree on that," she continued. "So to constantly accuse Democrats of not caring about that...and you're not listening. So I hope this is the end of this hearing, Mr. Chairman, and that we don't have to listen any more of your rhetorical speeches. Thank you very much. I'm leaving."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosa ... d-n2573733

And thats a conservative website.

Have you read what I wrote? What the conservative right wants is to demonize antifa. So they play stupid games and put words into dems mouths and ignore what is actually being said. No fucking body wants violence and destruction. To think the left wants that or doesn't denounce it is ludicrous and politically based. Just read the article on how biased it is. . .
Thanks. I spent 5 mins googling and couldn't find anything
So we have the Portland government condemning. Anything from a national stance?

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:40 pm

So no comments on feds kidnapping people? You'd think that would be a big deal with all this talk of freedom and constitutional rights.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:40 pm

Republicans asking Democrats to denounce left-wing extremists is as dumb as Democrats asking Republicans to denounce right-wing extremists. Not because they shouldn't do it (both should and both do), it is just they'll never do it as often and forceful enough to appease the other side. From my point of view this kind of finger pointing are just tactics meant to distract the opposition.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:51 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:40 pm
So no comments on feds kidnapping people? You'd think that would be a big deal with all this talk of freedom and constitutional rights.
No because I asked specifically about Biden/Harris and other high ranking Dems and if they've decried the Portland violence. That was the origin/basis of the post. Seems like they have NOT, which is interesting.

But since you asked about the "kidnapping" I'll let Snopes be my response:

Post by 955876 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:55 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Difference between “kidnapping” and being detained.

Law enforcement has had to utilize unmarked cars because ummmm, you can’t leave a police vehicle in some of these areas without it being destroyed.

Where are these kidnapped people being hid?

Where are the masses of people out claiming their loved ones are missing?

I’m not sure how accurate Snopes is but even it said this isn’t entirely true.

Law enforcement is using unmarked vehicles but people aren’t being snatched

Maybe some law enforcement will “kidnap” that lowlife scumbag that just kicked that defenseless person in the head. And arhat after he had already been beat up pretty good.

A running start roundhouse kick to the head (and subsequent head hitting pavement) like that could kill somebody very easily.

I’m sure that Antifa punk was simply peacefully protesting until provoked.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:32 pm
They opened up bars around here awhile back. Do you think I fucking went out and enjoyed myself? Nope, I've been pretty much hunkered out at home save the take out order from restaurants

I concede there was pressure to re open, but just because someone tells me it's ok to jump into a vat of acid doesn't mean I'm not going to suit up or maybe just not jump in it to begin with.

Have a little bit of common fucking sense. And if you choose to go out, in se periculum recepit. For those of you not up on latin maxims that means "assume the risk"
Oh, we've been hunkered down too. Doesn't matter. Donald Trump was voted in to the White House to LEAD.

Instead, he politicized wearing a fucking mask. They literally interviewed Trump supporters down here who were saying; "If my president doesn't need a mask, i don't need a mask" and "God will protect me". Stupidity like that.

...and the pressure to reopen came from Trump. As I stated earlier, Trump doesn't give a fuck about people. Trump cares about 1) Trump 2) Money 3) getting re-elected. That's all.

Trump encouraged protests in Michigan to force the Dem governor to cave to his demands and reopen the state. She told him to go fuck himself and that state did much, much better than the states where Donnie forced the Republican governors to open whether the state was ready or not

HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT LIVES.

We all want the economy to reopen, when it's safe. Trump wants the economy open for one reason. His re-election. That's it.

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
They need AR-15's in case the government takes away their rights.

Until the government starts taking away their rights.

:lol:

Harvey Woodlawn

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Lawyers running a training session for officers deploying to protect besieged federal property extolled the “beauty” of a protest-response strategy that some legal experts have criticized as potentially unconstitutional, according to an audio recording obtained by POLITICO.
And why do I say they’re a good tool? Because as we go through this, you’re going to see that it’s a quick way to address someone that’s unruly or doing some type of criminal activity that really doesn’t warrant [inaudible] of a felony or serious offense. And often in our experience, people want to be arrested,” the attorney continued. “They’re at that particular demonstration or protest to make a statement. Often, that statement includes being arrested, and, in their world, hopefully getting on the news, on the internet.”

Later in the recording, the lawyer promoted the benefits of “cite and release.”

“This is what I call the beauty of this approach, meaning that, particularly during demonstrations and protests, it allows us to pick someone out of the crowd that’s basically causing trouble and committing a criminal offense, we remove that person from that locality, we cite them under the rules and regulations, then we release them, basically taking them out of the fight at that protest or demonstration venue,” the lawyer said. “And it’s a good process, it gets them away from the situation, particularly if they are a rabble-rouser.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB17v1Yu

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federa ... rotesters/
Last edited by COR-TEN on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:03 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:56 pm
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Oh, we've been hunkered down too. Doesn't matter. Donald Trump was voted in to the White House to LEAD.

Instead, he politicized wearing a fucking mask. They literally interviewed Trump supporters down here who were saying; "If my president doesn't need a mask, i don't need a mask" and "God will protect me". Stupidity like that.

...and the pressure to reopen came from Trump. As I stated earlier, Trump doesn't give a fuck about people. Trump cares about 1) Trump 2) Money 3) getting re-elected. That's all.

Trump encouraged protests in Michigan to force the Dem governor to cave to his demands and reopen the state. She told him to go fuck himself and that state did much, much better than the states where Donnie forced the Republican governors to open whether the state was ready or not

We all want the economy to reopen, when it's safe. Trump wants the economy open for one reason. His re-election. That's it.
I can't dispute much of what you said. He did all of that like a moron.

But if I know someone doesn't have my best interests in mind, do you think I'm going to take what they say at face value or should I exhibit some critical thinking of my own?

This is literally why people are called sheep. They don't question ANYTHING in their lives and then when they face consequences for their stupid decisions they look to blame someone else. Because god forbid we take any ownership or have some fucking self awareness.

Post by 955876 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:08 pm

From this post you'd think the country was on fire
Can’t help but think of that CNN “reporter” on live camera saying how peaceful the protest he was covering was all the while the building behind him was engulfed in flames.

I’ve sat around plenty of campfires over the years. The flickering burn always seems peaceful & calming.

Maybe that’s what he was referring to. If they kept filming we would have see the s’mores come out.

Violence, anarchy, vandalism, arson, assault, etc etc. etc is what it is regardless of whether or not some peaceful shit is taking place around the corner.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:03 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:56 pm
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I can't dispute much of what you said. He did all of that like a moron.

But if I know someone doesn't have my best interests in mind, do you think I'm going to take what they say at face value or should I exhibit some critical thinking of my own?

This is literally why people are called sheep. They don't question ANYTHING in their lives and then when they face consequences for their stupid decisions they look to blame someone else. Because god forbid we take any ownership or have some fucking self awareness.
Oh, normally I would agree with you 100% but both you and I know PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID.

The vast majority of people are dumb as shit.

The president of the United States is the leader of the free world. The guy everybody looks to to take the lead in a time of emergency.

When you're president, you cannot assume folks can think for themselves or are smart enough to do the smart, safe thing.

Hell, Herman Cain's was obviously an intelligent guy and look at him. When you have the president telling you he isn't wearing a mask, it means something. They guy has millions of people who worship him.

Some folks are simply too stupid to be led in the wrong direction because they will happily go there.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic