evil bastard trump kills American stimulus deal

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
SteelerDayTrader

evil bastard trump kills American stimulus deal

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 pm

fuck him

i hope he and his family die painful deaths quickly

Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

fritzthecat

Post by fritzthecat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 am

evil trump? did you even read some of the shit Nancy tried to stuff in there like nationwide ballot harvesting, voter ID ban, stimulus checks to illegal immigrants. This was after trump made a massive 1.6 trilliion offer to Nancy. She doesn't want any of trumps stimulus to pass.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 am

fritzthecat wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 am
evil trump? did you even read some of the shit Nancy tried to stuff in there like nationwide ballot harvesting, voter ID ban, stimulus checks to illegal immigrants. This was after trump made a massive 1.6 trilliion offer to Nancy. She doesn't want any of trumps stimulus to pass.
false
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Tundralag

Post by Tundralag » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 am
fritzthecat wrote:
false
No its true... Do some research.. that doesn't include CNN MSNBC CBS WAPO etc..

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Tundralag wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 am
fritzthecat wrote:
false
No its true... Do some research.. that doesn't include CNN MSNBC CBS WAPO etc..
Pray, tell, what are the acceptable, objective sources? PBS, WSJ is the right answer, but curious what you'll say.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:58 pm

He ( the Pres) did come back and say they would continue the talks. Stock Market tanking 600 points after the first announcement wakes him up.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Post by 955876 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 pm

It’s OUR money. It’s not Trumps money. It’s not Pelosi’s money.

IT IS OURS!!

So ya, fuck Trump for not wanting to sign some bill that’s over $2 trillion dollars and has a bunch of spending not related to Covid.

This shit always happens. On both sides. Gov needs to step in with stimulus and they use it to backdoor fund all their bullshit that they couldn’t get funding for before. Just slip it on in.

So ya, fuck Trump for not signing garbage legislation... :roll:

The Dems don’t want stimulus right now. They just want to be able to say they sent up a bill and it’s Trump’s fault there is no additional stimulus.

There are like 6 million job openings in this country at present.

Let’s get those jobs filled. Getting the economy functioning closer to normal levels is better than this “stimulus” that comes with some big negatives.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:18 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 pm
It’s OUR money. It’s not Trumps money. It’s not Pelosi’s money.

IT IS OURS!!

So ya, fuck Trump for not wanting to sign some bill that’s over $2 trillion dollars and has a bunch of spending not related to Covid.

This shit always happens. On both sides. Gov needs to step in with stimulus and they use it to backdoor fund all their bullshit that they couldn’t get funding for before. Just slip it on in.

So ya, fuck Trump for not signing garbage legislation... :roll:

The Dems don’t want stimulus right now. They just want to be able to say they sent up a bill and it’s Trump’s fault there is no additional stimulus.

There are like 6 million job openings in this country at present.

Let’s get those jobs filled. Getting the economy functioning closer to normal levels is better than this “stimulus” that comes with some big negatives.
One thing is for sure. In 2026 years when it comes time to do redo the rates, we're all going to pay.

As long as I can make the house payments and stuff my 15% per check into the Roth, I'm not going to complain too much.

The Rona was a once in a century cluster fuck. The shutdown had to happen because we did get testing up and running right. And so now we're gonna pay.

My advice, 95, is start taking the Xanax now. In 2026, Uncle Sam is coming for your hard earned dollars. He has to, now, doesn't he?
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Oh it’s coming. Taxes & death right...

Stash away as much as you can when things are good and weather the harder times.

These past several years have been been huge for me financially. I can make less and be fine. So higher taxes won’t kill me.

Doesn’t mean I’ll be happy with it.

State taxes are my bigger villain at present. Not that I pay more in state tax but rather the frustration over what my state does with my money.

Post by 955876 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Funny though how taxes must come up but spending never seems to need to come down.

Well, not funny but you know what I mean.

Post by 955876 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm

As long as I can make the house payments and stuff my 15% per check into the Roth, I'm not going to complain too much.
I’m hoping that’s a Roth 401k/403b etc you are referring to rather than a regular Roth IRA.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Trump put in some of the none COVID-19 spending. The Senate Republicans balked at that.

I do agree that they need to strip everything down to just COVID spending. The States are going to need help soon. Once cities business start failing and property tax drops then Police, Fire and Teachers are on the chopping block. Moving the FBI building does not need to be in the bill.

I would like to see more fiscal responsibility from Congress. If they want a war then raise taxes for the duration to pay for it.

- Fred Sanford

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm

The only reason he walked it back is because of wall street. If the DOW or S&P doesn't take a dive, dumpster would've stuck to his plan. It was clear the message was and existential threat : " Vote for me or you will die either by C19, something else, or live poverty looking for your next meal." Dumpster is all about punishment/ reward and transactional business. But I think repubs came to the conclusion that approach isn't politically viable less than 30 days to an election.

It's clear the major differences between the two bills is that repubs consider the C19 pandemic coming to a close, overblown, and society needs to get back to normal yesterday (and governance is forcing the public with existential threats to align with conservative view, accurate or not), while dems understand a vaccine won't be available until late 1st to late 2nd QTR of 2021. Therefore, stimulus needs to be spread until then because the virus isn't gone, and likely won't be entirely gone until late 2021 or early 2022, if at all. Dems want help for the individual, not being forced to accept the debunked theory of trickle down econ, and repubs want free market normalcy at all costs, squeezing people to risk their lives following typical conservative values.

The republican bill requires 2/3rd of the assistance is only for schools that open for in person teaching, exposing students, parents, faculty and staff to C19. IOW, treat this like it's just the common flu. The republican bill also requires liability protection for businesses. That means if you get C19 while at work, regardless if the business took the appropriate measures, you're shit out of luck. Business is protected, individuals are not. Collateral C19 damage is totally acceptable, right? Democrats have opposed liability protections. Instead, they want to require new regulations from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration that would have employers create new plans to protect workers from exposure to COVID. The dem bill provides $500 billion to states and $375 billion to local governments, which they can use to address budget shortfalls due to lost tax revenue or to pay for coronavirus-related expenses. The repub bill doesn't give states additional revenue, it only allows for states to determine where the $150 B is spent, while the dem bill provides additional money. Meanwhile, the two largest states, with the highest density and financial requirements - coincidently very blue states - cannot count on federal money. Meaning, repub governors can spend it on anything they want, and not give assistance to those that really need it (Read : labor/ workers). And I'm guessing each state gets the same cash. Oklahoma get the same as CA.

Aside from the differences between the repubs and dems proposals, threatening to withhold "negotiations" or pass a bill until after the election means more americans are not receiving assistance for a once in a century pandemic (I also know most on the right don't believe in or condone any kind of social safety nets if it doesn't include bail outs and welfare for corporations and the top 10%). Interesting that people complain about what's included in the dem stimulus bill, and that dems want all kinds of superfluous stuff while the "china ban" included all kinds of superfluous immigration stuff but is ignored by this admin and right wing propaganda. Good for me, but not good for thee.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Last edited by Professor Half Wit on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:51 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm
I’m hoping that’s a Roth 401k/403b etc you are referring to rather than a regular Roth IRA.
You betcha. I don't know shit about finances. But my planner does. :lol:

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:52 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm
Funny though how taxes must come up but spending never seems to need to come down.

We're past the point of no return anyway with respect to our national debt. I used to plea for fiscal responsibility before I realized that we're just operating under MMT and the system was designed this way. We can pretty much delay the day of financial reckoning, the one that's 100x worse than 2008/2009, as long as we maintain the world's reserve status. If that's ever threatened we'll just go to war and utilize the assets where most of the overspending went in the first place.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Trump the brainless egomaniac is his own worst enemy.

:lol:

So beautiful to watch him self destructing right before the election.

:D
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:57 am

StillerInCT wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:52 pm
955876 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm

We're past the point of no return anyway with respect to our national debt. I used to plea for fiscal responsibility before I realized that we're just operating under MMT and the system was designed this way. We can pretty much delay the day of financial reckoning, the one that's 100x worse than 2008/2009, as long as we maintain the world's reserve status. If that's ever threatened we'll just go to war and utilize the assets where most of the overspending went in the first place.
Once it was decided that cutting taxes without any other measures was a way to get votes, it has fallen off the cliff. Having wars without raising taxes to pay for them. Unfunded mandates (Medicare part B) as bribes for votes. This last tax cut was done against the recommendation of the Fed as they wanted to pay back what was borrowed in 2008. It took away tools they would use in an emergency ( like the one we are in).

Cutting taxes now is diminishing returns. At this point it is better to have a tax-and-spend policy than a cut-tax-and-spend policy. At least it is more responsible then running up debt on your credit card. The "fiscally conservative" Republicans have been doing the later since 2002. Nick Mulvaney said exactly that in a speech at Oxford University ( UK) a year ago.
“My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party,” Mulvaney said at the Oxford Union to a group of several hundred people.

- Fred Sanford

Post by 955876 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:04 pm

I think it’s funny when people side with the government in terms of being complicit to them “needing more money”.

The gov (both sides) is reckless and irresponsible with OUR money.

There is so little of much needed oversight.

So much pork, fat, bloated spending, pet projects, etc etc etc.

All inflating the bill.

Then these career leeches come crying poor to “we the people” and say it’s our responsibility to “pay our fair share”

We don’t work for DC. They work for us.

Many of you completely forget that.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:11 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:04 pm
I think it’s funny when people side with the government in terms of being complicit to them “needing more money”.

The gov (both sides) is reckless and irresponsible with OUR money.

There is so little of much needed oversight.

So much pork, fat, bloated spending, pet projects, etc etc etc.

All inflating the bill.

Then these career leeches come crying poor to “we the people” and say it’s our responsibility to “pay our fair share”

We don’t work for DC. They work for us.

Many of you completely forget that.
Yes, but we elect them. So we have our collective selves to blame, don't we? Unless the citizens hold elected officials accountable, who will?

Post by 955876 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Someday the citizens of this country may be forced to do just that.

And BTW, Kamala said last night that CA’s DOJ should be the model the rest of the country follows.

I dont think a lot of real people that live outside CA actually look at CA and say “I want that”.

I could be wrong buuuut...

fritzthecat

Post by fritzthecat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:08 pm

In the words that nancy plagerized 'Plan for the worst, pray for the best'

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:34 pm

fritzthecat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:08 pm
In the words that nancy plagerized 'Plan for the worst, pray for the best'
Weird.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:38 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 pm
fuck him

I am almost certain this was said to be funny but you really should be careful what you say and/or wish for. Trump has finally succeeded in pushing Crazy Nancy over the edge.
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

fritzthecat

Post by fritzthecat » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Weird.
[/quote]

Maybe you've never heard that phrase before but nancy certainly didn't come up with it

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Texas Black & Gold wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:38 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 pm
fuck him

I am almost certain this was said to be funny but you really should be careful what you say and/or wish for. Trump has finally succeeded in pushing Crazy Nancy over the edge.
Yes, well, he appears to have lost his balance and fell off the cliff with her.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:56 pm

fritzthecat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 pm
Weird.
Maybe you've never heard that phrase before but nancy certainly didn't come up with it
[/quote]

Did she take credit for coining it?

Post by 955876 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:56 pm

So here is something to chew on.

Both Biden & Harris have now come out and compared this economy to the Great Depression.

Biden & Harris have also both said they will repeal the Trump tax cuts on day one although I think Harris dances around that question last night even though there are clips of her saying that very thing. Biden to.

So question, if they actually believe this economy is on par with the Great Depression why in the world would their first major policy initiative be to raise tax and increase regs?

Really? So in other words repeat some of the same mistakes that increased & magnified the severity of the GD?

Mkaaay.

And about that economy. One has to wonder how bad it really is.

Wife and I decided this year given we couldn’t go do anything that 2020 was going to be home remodel year. No vacations just stay home and allocate those funds into house.

Good luck getting timely labor in my area.

It literally took me almost a month to get the tree company out to trim my palm trees. Told the guy when he finally came that I was patient because they do good work but scheduling was very difficult. He said he’s booked solid more than he’s ever been.

Hade some flooring replaced on the stairs. They were booking 6 weeks out.

Looking to close off an open wall so need some drywall work done. Was literally just told their next available is January 2021.

Redid the kitchen earlier in year and have a small electrical job that needs to be done to complete project. Ummmm good luck nailing down an electrician. I’ve been in contact with 4. None have followed up. Too small a job I suppose when they are already booked solid.

This work doesn’t even happen if the people needing this work don’t have the funds or financial security at present to allocate funds to very non-essential work such as this.

Blue collar labor doesn’t flourish in a decimated economy that’s “as bad as the Great Depression”.

If economy was a bad ad Dems want you to believe very few would be spending money on home projects and these blue collar professionals would be jumping at bids.

Far from it. Some don’t even bother to return your call or email. Like ummmm I’m trying to put money into your pocket.

The claims the Dems are making over the economy are not only false but a hind faced lie.

Sure the restaurant & tourism industries have been hit hard and still suffer. But that is due to the economy being shut down rather than the economy being in the tank when allowed to function.

Post by 955876 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Oh and BTW, personal debt is down and interest rates are at historic lows.

So each and every homeowner in this country for the most part should have some ability to refi into a more favorable mortgage.

And they are. Mortgage applications have exploded and lenders are slammed processing them.

Ya Joe, this economy is decimated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic