AB continues the craziness

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL

Post by 955876 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:35 pm

I suppose he gonna have to boycott baby mamas in 2020 too...
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Broke in 5 years.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Broke in 5 years.
He is Allen Iverson

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:42 pm

In his mind, he did nothing wrong. That's why he was streaming it, for proof :lol: I'm convinced, at this point, he's only auditioning for a reality tv show and really has no intention of coming back to the NFL.

Only difference between him and the mentally ill homeless people you see on the streets is that AB has $50M. For now.

Kaerpernick's 15 minutes is almost up, so Nike is probably looking for his replacement. Could be AB.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Broke in 5 years.
He doesn't even have a SB ring to pawn!!!!

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:56 pm

LMFAO, how did we miss this? AB's new year's resolution is to quit white women :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/free- ... hite-women

He ain't wrong, though. Bitches be crazy....

AirRescueFF

Post by AirRescueFF » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:04 pm

"Adversity brings out the true character."

Haha. I bet he doesn't even realize. Dumbass.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Also launching a rap career.....which begs the question - when is the duet with Leveon coming?

Droppin' the truth bomb! sippin' on that Hennessey, I know that you missin' me.....

https://youtu.be/3DYdUbpM8XE

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Antonio Brown's Future Is in Limbo, but Interest from NFL Teams in Him Is Not
. . . a large number of teams, according to these general managers, would sign Brown now if the NFL weren't looking into the matter. It's Brown's other issues that have some in that group concerned. What bothers some of them is the fact that he has attacked various NFL teams and officials on social media and generally made a fool of himself.
Still, if these general managers are correct, the moral of the Brown story (as it stands) will be an old one: Talent matters, alleged crimes…not as much. How things appear, especially regarding social media posts, may matter as much as how things actually are. Teams want players to shut up and play football. Nothing more.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... him-is-not
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:41 pm
. . . a large number of teams, according to these general managers, would sign Brown now if the NFL weren't looking into the matter. It's Brown's other issues that have some in that group concerned. What bothers some of them is the fact that he has attacked various NFL teams and officials on social media and generally made a fool of himself.
Still, if these general managers are correct, the moral of the Brown story (as it stands) will be an old one: Talent matters, alleged crimes…not as much. How things appear, especially regarding social media posts, may matter as much as how things actually are. Teams want players to shut up and play football. Nothing more.
Guy has generational talent and insane workout ethic, but he's totally unstable and is going to be 32 in July. I wonder how much coin he is going to be able to squeeze out of whatever GM is looney enough to think AB will be a good idea to sign.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:58 am

Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm
CORE-TEN wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Guy has generational talent and insane workout ethic, but he's totally unstable and is going to be 32 in July. I wonder how much coin he is going to be able to squeeze out of whatever GM is looney enough to think AB will be a good idea to sign.
I'm in near total agreement with the Professor. Only dif is I wouldn't doubt that no one signs him; he's clearly out of his fuckin' mind!!

TemporaryDuck

Post by TemporaryDuck » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:32 am

XFL

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm
I wonder how much coin he is going to be able to squeeze out of whatever GM is looney enough to think AB will be a good idea to sign.
Since salaries are guaranteed for vets in Wk1, I wonder if someone could pay him vet min with weekly roster bonuses?

I'm sure there are teams willing to sign him. I just can't imagine anyone giving him any guaranteed money.

Texas Black & Gold

Post by Texas Black & Gold » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Brown might sign with a playoff bound team. The Saints are looking at him. I didn't think they needed another WR.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio- ... fs-reports
Secure NHALS early and then go deep into the PLAYOFFS. :D :D :D

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:57 pm

he might sign, but then his suspension will begin...Even the Saints aren't that dumb....

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:28 pm

SteelWIll wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:57 pm
he might sign, but then his suspension will begin...Even the Saints aren't that dumb....
Depends on how long he is suspended. Brown will appeal, and probably get a waiver pending the appeal. And even if they reject his appeal quickly, he's going to claim the threat of suspension has already effectively resulted in him being "suspended" for over 3 months.

I'm not really interested in debating or comparing, but relative to some other players 13+ games might be a bit excessive.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:30 pm

SteelWIll wrote:
Taking a back seat to Michael Thomas? Yeah...that’s going to work out just fine. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Saints offense is already crazy good. This might make them unstoppable.

Fact of the matter is nobody knows what kind of suspension Brown is facing except him and the league, and I don’t even know if he knows.

Just glad he isn’t on the Steelers. Not because I don’t think he would help; it’s just our collection of shitty/moronic QBs and the equally as dumb coaches wouldn’t do a damn thing with the guy.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:47 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:28 pm
SteelWIll wrote:
Depends on how long he is suspended. Brown will appeal, and probably get a waiver pending the appeal. And even if they reject his appeal quickly, he's going to claim the threat of suspension has already effectively resulted in him being "suspended" for over 3 months.

I'm not really interested in debating or comparing, but relative to some other players 13+ games might be a bit excessive.
He fucked over three teams. One of which has a great deal of influence over goodell (Kraft). Plus the sexual assault charges against him/ child endangerment/ insulting other owners and players. If that isn't enough to tarnish "The Shield," then what the fuck is? The NFL is going to reward him with allowing him to play for a #1 seed?
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:28 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... q-DjHIZL-W

I don’t know if you guys read this, but it’s interesting, to say the least. Let’s you know what it’s like to deal with this guy...or enable, depending on your point of view.

I’m sure Sean Payton believes he can fix the guy. I’m equally sure he’ll soon learn to regret it.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Post by 955876 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Plus the sexual assault charges against him/ child endangerment/ insulting other owners and players. If that isn't enough to tarnish "The Shield," then what the fuck is? The NFL is going to reward him with allowing him to play for a #1 seed?
It certainly is. However, as soon as the NFL attempted to claim he is “tarnishing the shield” and issue appropriate punishment he and his agent would cry racism as loudly and as often as they could.

NFL much more afraid of those accusations than dealing with what AB has done to the “Shield” so my bet is if someone signs him he plays.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm

AB

@AB84
2020 Only Want To Play With @TomBrady Or No Play
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... oss-titans

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Will only play with Tom Brady huh?

So I guess NO must have taken a pass....looks like AB is entering a new phase of denial where he pretends like not playing in the NFL is HIS choice.

JJT07

Post by JJT07 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:29 pm

955876 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 pm
Plus the sexual assault charges against him/ child endangerment/ insulting other owners and players. If that isn't enough to tarnish "The Shield," then what the fuck is? The NFL is going to reward him with allowing him to play for a #1 seed?
It certainly is. However, as soon as the NFL attempted to claim he is “tarnishing the shield” and issue appropriate punishment he and his agent would cry racism as loudly and as often as they could.

NFL much more afraid of those accusations than dealing with what AB has done to the “Shield” so my bet is if someone signs him he plays.

The racism thing took a hit when he started the "No more white women 2020" bullshit, if anyone is racist, it is him. Oh and the "fuck the white police" comment on Facebook live wasn't a great look either.

Dude is insane. Somebody will sign him I bet, then he will be suspended, then he will play a few games and implode. Plus, he will be 33 next year right?

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:39 pm

If I were a GM I would sign him quick if i thought i had a staff and team that can manage him....

The more that comes out the more Tomlin looks like a zen master
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post by 955876 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Somewhere buried in the definition of “Zen Master” must be a reference to needing to win more than 3 playoff games over a decade to attain the title.

JJT07

Post by JJT07 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:55 pm

955876 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Somewhere buried in the definition of “Zen Master” must be a reference to needing to win more than 3 playoff games over a decade to attain the title.

I generally don't watch the NFL once the Steelers are done, but when I do it makes me hate Tomlin more and more.

Announcers were talking about Zimmer saying that Kubiak was his best hire ever and changed the team. The best hire Mike Tomlin ever made was Munchak and he left. Tomlin is an average coach. Good motivator, average evaluator of talent, terrible at game planning, and maybe worse at in game management.

I will say his players seem to genuinely love him and play hard for him which is good. And I have never really seen him lose the team, even in the most dire situations.

I think he could be great if he hired much better people around him. So far, really like the Austin hire. Drake was a great hire. If he can bring himself to hire a solid offensive coordinator, maybe a new o-line coach, and a qb coach, we could have a nice staff next year.

steelheadtrout

Post by steelheadtrout » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:26 pm

This is IMHO the perfect summary of Tomlin:

" Tomlin is an average coach. Good motivator, average evaluator of talent, terrible at game planning, and maybe worse at in game management."

Post by 955876 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:26 pm

To me, if they choose yet again to not employ a full-time QB coach that’ll tell all anyone needs to know about this team’s mindset and ability (or lack thereof) to self critique themselves.

Some are trying to give Sphincter a pass for the offenses woeful season due to the QBs he had to work with.

Well, one of those QBs was a 3rd round pick thats been under his tutelage for two years now given he also serves as the QB coach.

Kid had to get benched.

He’s had the kid for two seasons now and yet wasn’t able to coach the kid up to even a mediocre NFL level.

Why would we expect different results next year without a legit QB coach?
Last edited by 955876 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic