Browns getting a a New OL coach

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
steelmann58

Browns getting a a New OL coach

Post by steelmann58 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:45 am

This was the guy i wanted the steelers to get Bill Callahan

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:18 pm

The fact that they have an OL coach prior to hiring a GM or a single coordinator seems.....odd.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

They keep band aiding the entire coaching / fo process

Cursed. Insane to expect different results. Btw Steelers have slid into this paradigm

Hello Cleveland

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:01 pm

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Cursed. Insane to expect different results. Btw Steelers have slid into this paradigm

Hello Cleveland

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[youtube]
Hey, the cavs won a championship. Four years ago. . .

And how 'bout Baker! Dudes a champion like a clean, level headed Johnny Manziel!! Plus - all those "weapons!"

I disagree the steelers have slipped into stainland.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:07 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:01 pm
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello Cleveland

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[youtube]
Hey, the cavs won a championship. Four years ago. . .

And how 'bout Baker! Dudes a champion like a clean, level headed Johnny Manziel!! Plus - all those "weapons!"

I disagree the steelers have slipped into stainland.
Yeah, the Steelers have their problems, but they’re not even close to that train wreck.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:00 pm

i meant it only around doing the same thing (tomlin) and expecting different results.

But this year we had a change of course on the D........

waiting to see the next shoe to drop
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:06 am

I find it sooooo ironic that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was in Pittsburgh for 4 years as part of the minority shares owners and didn't learn a damn thing.

This latest head coach they hired, Kevin Stefanski?, did you hear what he had to agree to before accepting the HC job?? He has to give Jimmy and his GM/Analytics group the gameplan each week and get their approval. WTF?? How can you micromanage a head coach and your offensive and defensive coordinators to such a degree??

I am not worried about the Browns at all. What a cursed organization, the NFL should never have brought them back in the league in 1999. It is enjoyable if you are a Steelers fan, it is like having a perpetual expansion team that you get to play twice a year.

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:34 am

Callahan is a very good coach, don’t kid yourselves.

Post by 955876 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 am

It is enjoyable if you are a Steelers fan, it is like having a perpetual expansion team that you get to play twice a year.
Except for when that expansion team beats your ass on a Thursday night or plays you to a tie in the opener.

Then they are just like a regular NFL team.

And as much fun as it is to poke fun at Cleveland, we are much closer to them than we are the teams playing for the SB.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Post by 955876 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:11 am

How can you micromanage a head coach and your offensive and defensive coordinators to such a degree??
There are some highly esteemed posters here that repeatedly make the argument Tomlin has to essentially do the same thing.

Not to the level of delivering a copy of the game plan but having to run the offense in accordance with the owners mandate.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Lynch

Post by Lynch » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 am

Dumb bastards should trade Gayfield for whatever they can get then bring back Haley.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Scunge wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:06 am
I find it sooooo ironic that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was in Pittsburgh for 4 years as part of the minority shares owners and didn't learn a damn thing.

This latest head coach they hired, Kevin Stefanski?, did you hear what he had to agree to before accepting the HC job?? He has to give Jimmy and his GM/Analytics group the gameplan each week and get their approval. WTF?? How can you micromanage a head coach and your offensive and defensive coordinators to such a degree??

I am not worried about the Browns at all. What a cursed organization, the NFL should never have brought them back in the league in 1999. It is enjoyable if you are a Steelers fan, it is like having a perpetual expansion team that you get to play twice a year.
I heard some talking heads babbling about this after work yesterday and had to look it up to believe it. That's next level. What in the hell have Haslam and his analytics guys ever done in football that makes them think they could second guess a graduate assistant, let alone an NFL HC? It makes as much sense as picking a random Steelerfury poster every year and giving them approval over the Steelers game plans for the season. Honestly, if you picked the right poster, they'd likely do better.

Jesus, Cleveland.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm
Scunge wrote:

I heard some talking heads babbling about this after work yesterday and had to look it up to believe it. That's next level. What in the hell have Haslam and his analytics guys ever done in football that makes them think they could second guess a graduate assistant, let alone an NFL HC? It makes as much sense as picking a random Steelerfury poster every year and giving them approval over the Steelers game plans for the season. Honestly, if you picked the right poster, they'd likely do better.

Jesus, Cleveland.
A2 loves that the Steelers have had just 3 head coaches in 50 years...Haslam’s Browns are shooting for 50 head coaches in 3 years...
:lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Lynch wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 am
Dumb bastards should trade Gayfield for whatever they can get then bring back Haley.
Homophobia much?
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:23 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 pm
Lynch wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 am
Homophobia much?
Not surprisingly. Another brick in his wall.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:27 pm

Jobu wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 pm
Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm
Scunge wrote:

Jesus, Cleveland.
A2 loves that the Steelers have had just 3 head coaches in 50 years...Haslam’s Browns are shooting for 50 head coaches in 3 years...
:lol:
Someone's going to have to start a coaching jersey to go next to their QB jersey at some point soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic