AB continues the craziness

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
Donnie Brasco

Re: AB continues the craziness

Post by Donnie Brasco » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:53 pm

jebrick wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Read about what Charles Haley was like to his teammates. He was a special talent and a special asshole and in the HOF. We could guess what he would be like with twitter.
While Haley had a screw loose and would jerk off on teammates for fun, I don't think he ever called them out, called them racists, nor ever bailed on them in practice or a game. He despised the media mostly and wanted to troll his teammates

You can be an annoying teammate yet your comrades know you'll be there for them when it crunch time comes

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm

jebrick wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 pm
Read about what Charles Haley was like to his teammates. He was a special talent and a special asshole and in the HOF. We could guess what he would be like with twitter.
He's on Twitter and he hasn't lost his shit on it like the POS AB.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Lynch

Post by Lynch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:38 pm

AB should start traveling exclusively by helicopter.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:41 am

Lynch wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:38 pm
:lol: Seriously though, he needs to just go away. Has anybody ever gone from stupid, crazy shit to apologizing and promising to get his life back together as much as this guy? What a fucking roller coaster he is. These stories aren't even interesting anymore.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:45 am

RemoAZ wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:41 am
Lynch wrote:
:lol: Seriously though, he needs to just go away. Has anybody ever gone from stupid, crazy shit to apologizing and promising to get his life back together as much as this guy? What a fucking roller coaster he is. These stories aren't even interesting anymore.
Yet the assembled asshats of this esteemed website seemingly cant get enough of Antonio Brown stories.

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:12 am

that we do, now the clown cares as well
Goodell: We want to help Antonio Brown get on the right track
Posted by Josh Alper on January 29, 2020, 1:27 PM EST

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fielded a question about Antonio Brown’s status early in his press conference from Super Bowl LIV in Miami on Wednesday.

Brown has been out of the NFL since being released by the Patriots in September in the wake of a lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault. He has not been suspended or placed on the Commissioner Exempt list as a result of that lawsuit. Brown was also arrested last week and charged with three crimes, including battery.

Goodell offered no update about any league discipline and instead focused on Brown’s well-being. He said that was the top priority for the league and talked about the resources that the NFL and NFLPA have in place to assist players who may be struggling with off-field issues.

“We want to help get him on the right track,” Goodell said.

Goodell added that he’s confident that can happen, although the timeline for any return to action will likely take a while to take shape.
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

Lynch

Post by Lynch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:26 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:45 am
RemoAZ wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Yet the assembled asshats of this esteemed website seemingly cant get enough of Antonio Brown stories.
I just can't keep from holding out hope that the next one I read will announce that he's dead.

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:46 am

swissvale72 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:45 am
RemoAZ wrote:
Lynch wrote:
That's because his production of ridiculous stories of stupidity continues at such a high level, Swiss. The team here at Steelrefury is much better off with him out there making us laugh at a HOF-worthy clip. No receiver in the history of the league has piled up incidents at this rate. As a website, we are far better off with his production than without it at this point.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

franco>madden

Post by franco>madden » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm

I mean, sure, you can go out there and sign a guy like Kareem Hunt and hope that he blossoms and starts playing to his full potential, but even then, what are the odds he can replace what AB brings to this board? You're certainly not going to find some rookie in the draft who can do it.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm
I mean, sure, you can go out there and sign a guy like Kareem Hunt and hope that he blossoms and starts playing to his full potential, but even then, what are the odds he can replace what AB brings to this board? You're certainly not going to find some rookie in the draft who can do it.
So we can agree that AB brings something that isn't replaceable. At least not in the short term. So we should, reluctantly, accept his massive talent along with the entertainment factor.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:52 am

If he can keep up this level of production until the SF board mock rolls around, I'll be happy.

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:00 pm

This is a tragedy. For Commissioner to address this is a tell, intervention is a necessity, some form of mental illness is lurking. There are kids involved and other innocents. This isn't entertaining. Someone needs to intervene.

blu

Post by blu » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:30 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm
So we can agree that AB brings something that isn't replaceable. At least not in the short term. So we should, reluctantly, accept his massive talent along with the entertainment factor.
Months ago, I wanted to rip off the Brown name off my Steelers & substitute Grossman, an excellent 84 of a different era. Yes, I know that the 70's jerseys were different. Now I think to keep the shirt the way it is. No matter what is lurking inside his head, Antonio Brown was a shining star & the best wr to ever suit up in the Black & Gold. Regardless, Lynch who gives you the right to wish anyone's death except perhaps your own.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:27 pm

I'll take Stallworth at X, Swann at Y and Hines in the slot. Before you bring up Brown's stats, consider what Swann and Stallworth might have done in a league where the current passing rules were in effect for their entire careers. Consider who Ward had throwing to him for 2/3 of his.

Death wishes for any fellow human being are indeed stupid, but we should always be mindful of the (sole) source...

blu

Post by blu » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:27 pm
I'll take Stallworth at X, Swann at Y and Hines in the slot. Before you bring up Brown's stats, consider what Swann and Stallworth might have done in a league where the current passing rules were in effect for their entire careers. Consider who Ward had throwing to him for 2/3 of his.

Death wishes for any fellow human being are indeed stupid, but we should always be mindful of the (sole) source...
I wouldn't disagree about Stallworth & Swann. Antonio Brown was always a delight to watch, as well.

Ice

Post by Ice » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 am

Hines had his moments. That catch that won him a Super Bowl MVP was particularly satisfying.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 am

He just posted an apology to the cops. So what's the over/under on his next crazy episode? 2 weeks?
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Ice

Post by Ice » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:15 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 am
He just posted an apology to the cops. So what's the over/under on his next crazy episode? 2 weeks?
Two weeks? What AB have you been watching? That's an insult to his level of production.

Retraction of apology and profanity-laced anti-police Twitter rant coming in 5, 4, 3...

Bonus points if it ends up containing misogynistic undertones.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:31 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm
I recognize the satire, Core. Still...

At this point, his entertainment factor is his massive talent. That's the tragedy of his story.

When it appeared as though he was orchestrating an organized circus then he was comparable to a teenage malcontent. A silly, but nonetheless an unacceptable behavior pattern which would eventually be a thing of the past. It's obvious now though that without protection from the Steelers umbrella that this guy is a mental gas can.

He's still one of my favorite athletes on the field of all time, in any sport. Very few receivers consistently did the things AB could. But he's right up next to a complete disappointment off the field at this stage.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:44 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 am
He just posted an apology to the cops.
But, I assume, no apology to the truck driver they assaulted and looted?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:01 pm

Redemption tour already

Guy hasn’t done a serious thing to redeem

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... has-begun/
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:32 pm

I really want to see Brady go to the Raiders so AB can again look like a total asswipe.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Ha! I'm rooting for it now, too; though I'm sure he'll find several new and interesting ways to look like a total asswipe before and after, as well.

steeledge

Post by steeledge » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:32 pm
I really want to see Brady go

...anywhere but back to the Patsies.

Because with the beatdown he'll get, he will be broken into little pieces before mid-season.

And when he tries to boo-hoo to The League, Roger Goodell's NFL will suddenly fall deaf to his protests, then turn away and giggle its collective ass off...

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:36 pm

steeledge wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm
jebrick wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:32 pm
I really want to see Brady go

...anywhere but back to the Patsies.

Because with the beatdown he'll get, he will be broken into little pieces before mid-season.

And when he tries to boo-hoo to The League, Roger Goodell's NFL will suddenly fall deaf to his protests, then turn away and giggle its collective ass off...
And if that did happen, it would become apparent that Brady was just merely the trigger man for the biggest and baddest entity on the NFL block - the Patriots' owner. All along he was just an underpaid tool who once upon a time did a Dodge Dart commercial. Sure he won lots of rings, had no use for more financial resources himself, and defeated Pittsburgh at almost every turn, et al. But in the end, he sure has been smug to eventually look like that much of tool outside of New England.
Carolina:
2.33 Payton Wilson, MLB, NC St.
2.39 Jalen McMillan, WR, Wash
3.65 Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
4.101 Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami
5.142 Jalyx Hunt, Hybrid S/LB/Edge, Houston Christian
7.240 Judge Culpepper, DL, Toledo

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Nice try Bingo, but Brady not exercising the opportunity to be greedy is one of his only redeeming qualities. If the rest of the world would follow suit in that way then other people would be able to have a little bit more. There's a time in just about every athletes youth where he or she swears up and down that they would play the game for free at the highest level - if only they could. Labor strikes in professional sports are particularly ugly scenes.

Not that I don't want to endorse the idea of Tom Brady being tool and all. :)

Post by 955876 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:56 pm

If the rest of the world would follow suit in that way then other people would be able to have a little bit more
:roll:
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:18 am

Still the victim...
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:25 am

A cheating, lying, adulterous, philanthropist! The entertainment world has such a future to look forward to when that TB hangs them up. (barf)
Carolina:
2.33 Payton Wilson, MLB, NC St.
2.39 Jalen McMillan, WR, Wash
3.65 Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
4.101 Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami
5.142 Jalyx Hunt, Hybrid S/LB/Edge, Houston Christian
7.240 Judge Culpepper, DL, Toledo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic