Re: Super Bowl Thread

Post by Jobu » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:07 am

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 am
Jobu wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:53 am
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:42 am

not really you stop the frame when the shoe hits the line and the ball position tells you the rest.
I used to watch football like that when I was a kid...it was called The Jetson’s. :lol:
I’m an old timer, I like the human element in sports. I can live with a missed call...it’s just a game. But that’s just me...
Yeah, they used to just swim races by the eye and track before photo finishes, tennis serves by the eye. Those were the days.
Like I said...that’s just me. I just don’t see winning or losing a football game as some monumental event, that it’s a high crime if every call isn’t right. And guess what...

“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:44 am

Fuck the 49'ers. Glad they lost hate the motherfuckers and especially that assclown emmanuel sanders. Losers! :twisted:
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Obviously

Post by Obviously » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm

franco32 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:31 am
Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:29 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Three ridiculous come from behind playoff wins to a SB.

I don't see the Steelers doing anything like that with an older Ben.
Nor do I. We had a chance the year we lost to the goddamn Jags at home, but well, we lost that game.

Tomlin is still a cunt.
We were never going to win the SB with that shit defense that year.
I still despise Mike Mitchell. Tomlin's guy and was a fuckin' dumpster fire.
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FireTomlin
#Obviously

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:15 am
KC and BAL are only going to get better and the PS aren't competitive with them now.
Let's reevaluate after they need to drop $40m/year on their respective QBs.

Same things were being said about the Rams last year.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:15 pm

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl winning QB's than the Detroit Lions.
From a disgruntled Lions fans.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 pm

I keep thinking back to Shanahan being content to go into halftime with the score tied at 10.

This is a two game sample now of the dude coaching scared in big moments.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:30 pm

jeemie wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:59 pm
I keep thinking back to Shanahan being content to go into halftime with the score tied at 10.

This is a two game sample now of the dude coaching scared in big moments.

But otherwise he probably would have given the ball back to KC with a good bit of time left. He coached like a guy trying to run out the clock before the real Garappolo showed up....can't fault him there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Anyway, watching the SB I realized this team just isn't going to win another SB with Tomlin. The team is routinely too sloppy and sluggish, and our schemes are too stale an predictable. The only way it happens is if we luck into a run against teams with mediocre QB's.

Cue the "we almost beat KC and SF with 3rd string QB's". I know, I know....Tomlin's resume should have "Specializes in Almost" as its first bullet point. Tomlin is headed to the "Almost Good Enough for the Real HOF".

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:41 pm

The worst part is watching both offenses work and thinking of the crap that the Steelers have rolled out for the last several years. Either we hire idiots or Ben does not want all of that or a little of both.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:52 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:41 pm
The worst part is watching both offenses work and thinking of the crap that the Steelers have rolled out for the last several years. Either we hire idiots or Ben does not want all of that or a little of both.
But isn't that what the great Swiss Army Knife experiment was all about? :lol:

Who could have possibly foreseen instead of getting Edelman on [more] steroids, we got an over-caffeinated Pee Wee Herman?

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:30 pm
But otherwise he probably would have given the ball back to KC with a good bit of time left. He coached like a guy trying to run out the clock before the real Garappolo showed up....can't fault him there.
How do you figure that? SF had been moving the ball extremely effectively, and had gotten at least one first down on every drive of the game to that point.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:33 pm
Anyway, watching the SB I realized this team just isn't going to win another SB with Tomlin. The team is routinely too sloppy and sluggish, and our schemes are too stale an predictable. The only way it happens is if we luck into a run against teams with mediocre QB's.

Cue the "we almost beat KC and SF with 3rd string QB's". I know, I know....Tomlin's resume should have "Specializes in Almost" as its first bullet point. Tomlin is headed to the "Almost Good Enough for the Real HOF".
We didn’t play the Chiefs this year.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

KCSteeler

Post by KCSteeler » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm

stillcajun wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:13 am
9ers were up 10 in the fourth and lost by 11.

Steelers have to play against the Chiefs for a long while.

We have a lot of work to do.
Mainly offensively. if we can keep the core D together for a few years the Steelers could be back again.
Not as long as Tomlin is around.
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"....Charles Oakley

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:12 pm

I still could not believe Jimmy G missed Clank when dude got behind 3 FUCKING CHIEFS deep.

Would have won the fucking Super Bowl.

Wide the fuck open and Jimmy G makes the worst goddamn throw of the night.

What a goddamn fool.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:46 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:12 pm
I still could not believe Jimmy G missed Clank when dude got behind 3 FUCKING CHIEFS deep.

Would have won the fucking Super Bowl.

Wide the fuck open and Jimmy G makes the worst goddamn throw of the night.

What a goddamn fool.
Ehhh...Manny would’ve probably dropped it anyway. :lol:
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:17 pm

"I still could not believe Jimmy G missed Clank when dude got behind 3 FUCKING CHIEFS deep.

Would have won the fucking Super Bowl."

You know who doesn't miss that pass, and in fact torched the opponent in a championship game repeatedly with it?

Joe Burrow.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 pm

It sure looked like that play which was ruled an incompletion (Jimmy G.) in the final 2 minutes of the 4th was a fumble rather than a tuck rule.

Appeared as though the ball was loosed and the impact of the hit forced the hand/arm forward. Being that the ball was not under complete control, would that not be a fumble? Clearly it would have killed the remaining drama and all, so it made sense not to stop play. But looked like a fumble.
Carolina:
2.33 Payton Wilson, MLB, NC St.
2.39 Jalen McMillan, WR, Wash
3.65 Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
4.101 Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami
5.142 Jalyx Hunt, Hybrid S/LB/Edge, Houston Christian
7.240 Judge Culpepper, DL, Toledo

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Steel Bingo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 pm
It sure looked like that play which was ruled an incompletion (Jimmy G.) in the final 2 minutes of the 4th was a fumble rather than a tuck rule.

Appeared as though the ball was loosed and the impact of the hit forced the hand/arm forward. Being that the ball was not under complete control, would that not be a fumble? Clearly it would have killed the remaining drama and all, so it made sense not to stop play. But looked like a fumble.
I thought so.

Jimmy G is a very good QB who needed to be great for a couple of plays and he could not. It isn’t a damning blow, it’s just that he’s not good enough. He wasn’t do bad that his career is broken forever, but something in his game has to grow and he has to have the right matchup to win. Even with all that surrounding talent.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:16 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Steel Bingo wrote:

I thought so.

Jimmy G is a very good QB who needed to be great for a couple of plays and he could not. It isn’t a damning blow, it’s just that he’s not good enough. He wasn’t do bad that his career is broken forever, but something in his game has to grow and he has to have the right matchup to win. Even with all that surrounding talent.
His efficiency says he can do the job. He could use more experience than only the 25+ starts he has right now though imo. It seems a bit early in his career for him to be joining the 49ers' Super Bowl champ quarterback club.

Silly as it sounds, that team looks too defensively heavy at the moment. Get some better passing mojo going along with everything else and there is big potential. The Bourne athlete (#84) playing receiver looked to have big game skill and talent. Like he was the real J. J. Stokes that never really happened in the 90s.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Steel Bingo wrote:

The end result was the same so all it is is one fewer turnover on the books.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 am

KCSteeler wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm
stillcajun wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:13 am
9ers were up 10 in the fourth and lost by 11.

Steelers have to play against the Chiefs for a long while.

We have a lot of work to do.
Mainly offensively. if we can keep the core D together for a few years the Steelers could be back again.
If Andy Reid can win a super bowl, Tomlin can win another super bowl.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

KCSteeler

Post by KCSteeler » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am

El Kabong wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 am
KCSteeler wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:57 pm
stillcajun wrote:

If Andy Reid can win a super bowl, Tomlin can win another super bowl.
100% wrong. Reid is an offensive genius and has a QB that can do anything. We have neither. Reid finally figured out this year that fucking away quarters evaluating what the defense is doing is pointless. He also learned to keep the foot on the gas at the end of games instead of turtling. If Mahomes stays healthy, we are looking at a lot of years of KC winning.
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"....Charles Oakley

Lynch

Post by Lynch » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am

Orangesteel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:14 am
Stoked for Reid. Man did they hit the homerun with Mahomes.
I think I'm funny but the truth is my schtick is tired and maudlin. I'm thinking about a new character for next season.

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:39 pm

KCSteeler wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am
Reid finally figured out this year that fucking away quarters evaluating what the defense is doing is pointless. He also learned to keep the foot on the gas at the end of games instead of turtling.
The question becomes: Will Tomlin ever realize this^ or will he maintain his inept coaching approach and shit away a top tier, potentially elite defense?
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic