AB continues the craziness

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
jebrick

Re: AB continues the craziness

Post by jebrick » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 am

Jobu wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:18 am
Still the victim...
Is this a reference to his interview because it is so true.

“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 am

Steel Bingo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:25 am
A cheating, lying, adulterous, philanthropist! The entertainment world has such a future to look forward to when that TB hangs them up. (barf)
He does have that one redeeming quality. It's something to build off of. The idea of sharing the pie so that others can participate in the windfall is a quality concept. Think Dan Rooney and revenue sharing. Can't argue against a good All Dogs Go To Heaven reference .... "What's Mine Is Yours .... the more you give the more your gonna get!"

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:24 am

Backer, please tell me you aren't living under a bridge and using drugs. Preaching that Tom Brady is one of the good guys goes along with everything that's wrong with mass media. :!:
Carolina:
2.33 Payton Wilson, MLB, NC St.
2.39 Jalen McMillan, WR, Wash
3.65 Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
4.101 Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami
5.142 Jalyx Hunt, Hybrid S/LB/Edge, Houston Christian
7.240 Judge Culpepper, DL, Toledo

franco32

Post by franco32 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:56 am

Oh please...Brady only cares about one thing...himself. The only reason he would leave New England is because of his ego. He wants to prove to everyone he can win without Bill B and Ernie Adams giving him the answers to the test. Good luck with that.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 am

However, doing the right thing is still doing the right though. Even if it someone is in the right place for not necessarily the purest reason(s). There is still hope for that character's future.

Consider AB right now for example. He is progressing through making some apologies, getting himself publicly straightened out. How much he means these things in the moment is perhaps inconsequential. The important thing for him is that he make an example out of himself and accomplish them. If he keeps his nose clean then maybe he gets to play football again. Maybe in 4 or 5 years he will truly see the value of what he is doing and where he is at now. He's helpless unless he tries.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:32 am

jebrick wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 am
Jobu wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:18 am
Still the victim...
Is this a reference to his interview because it is so true.
Yes...and yes.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:03 pm

So history has taught that AB needs football less his life become an internet reality circus, and Tom Brady is a douchebag of biblical proportions.

:idea: Got it!
Carolina:
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:52 pm

I don’t know...cheating aside, Brady seems like a fairly likable guy. (ducks)
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Jobu wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:52 pm
He's pompous, arrogant, and fake. It's like he's always hiding something - which he probably is. Most of that is because he's got 6 fucking rings and played in 9 SBs. But that's not enough for me to totally dislike the guy. What puts me over the edge is that he's best friends with Kraft, so that pretty much crosses him off my list of OK dudes. Regardless of what a douche nozzle he is.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:21 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Jobu wrote:
He's pompous, arrogant, and fake. It's like he's always hiding something - which he probably is. Most of that is because he's got 6 fucking rings and played in 9 SBs. But that's not enough for me to totally dislike the guy. What puts me over the edge is that he's best friends with Kraft, so that pretty much crosses him off my list of OK dudes. Regardless of what a douche nozzle he is.
Of course, I don’t know him, but he just doesn’t come a crossed that way to me. There are plenty of arrogant assholes in pro sports, way worse than Brady. Just my opinion...

blu

Post by blu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:32 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 am
However, doing the right thing is still doing the right though. Even if it someone is in the right place for not necessarily the purest reason(s). There is still hope for that character's future.

Consider AB right now for example. He is progressing through making some apologies, getting himself publicly straightened out. How much he means these things in the moment is perhaps inconsequential. The important thing for him is that he make an example out of himself and accomplish them. If he keeps his nose clean then maybe he gets to play football again. Maybe in 4 or 5 years he will truly see the value of what he is doing and where he is at now. He's helpless unless he tries.
PennyBacker, why don't you take your racist shit back to the Middle Ages where you belong.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Steel Bingo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:03 pm
So history has taught that AB needs football less his life become an internet reality circus, and Tom Brady is a douchebag of biblical proportions.

:idea: Got it!
Bingo, you are such a Steelers fan.

And no, I do not live under a bridge.

Blu, I understand you do not have basic comprehension of scriptural / New Testament texts, but cannot see where that implies I personally see you or anyone else as an inferior.

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:01 pm

No Lynch, my references to checkpoints in historical humanity were not intended to, and do not communicate racism. Nor personal religious views either.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:01 pm
No Lynch, my references to checkpoints in historical humanity were not intended to, and do not communicate racism. Nor personal religious views either.
Interesting how your comment was interpreted at the two extremes. One was offended like a raw nerve ending, and the other understood it as offensive and didn't care - and went on to insult those that don't agree with his interpretation. Whether it was offensive or not is irrelevant.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:17 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Bingo, you are such a Steelers fan.
There are lots of football fans who loved AB, and possibly even more who detest Tom Brady. Just because Steelers fans were the first to these conclusions does not make them exclusive.
Carolina:
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:33 pm

CORE-TEN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm
PennyBacker wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:01 pm
Interesting how your comment was interpreted at the two extremes. One was offended like a raw nerve ending, and the other understood it as offensive and didn't care - and went on to insult those that don't agree with his interpretation. Whether it was offensive or not is irrelevant.
Fury board members twisting things to push their own agendas, never :roll:

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:29 am
Brady is certainly more 1st century Jew, as in, believes he has that royal blood and is chosen; as opposed to 1st century Christian who would choose the sacrificial route for the betterment of mankind.

Are you saying first century Jews weren't working for the betterment of mankind?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:22 am

8-)
CORE-TEN wrote:
Jobu wrote:
Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. When former Steelers & Patriots punter was being interviewed on Pittsburgh radio, he was asked about Brady. His response was on the order of what a genuinely nice guy Brady is, asked people about their families, etc.

Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. He, AND his wife, have the rep around Boston about being unfailingly kind and respectful the the waitstaff in restaurants....something professional athletes so often fail to do.

Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. After every losing Belichick postgame presser, the best show on TV, where Belichick is an absolute dick to local media, it's Brady that cleans up the shit, comes out, answers every question courteously.

Don't get me wrong. Every Sunday for the past 15 years at least, I root for Tom Brady to break his fuckin' leg. I proudly wear Father George's Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt. But, that's a sign of respect.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:22 am

8-)
CORE-TEN wrote:
Jobu wrote:
Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. When former Steelers & Patriots punter was being interviewed on Pittsburgh radio, he was asked about Brady. His response was on the order of what a genuinely nice guy Brady is, asked people about their families, etc.

Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. He, AND his wife, have the rep around Boston about being unfailingly kind and respectful the the waitstaff in restaurants....something professional athletes so often fail to do.

Here's how pompous and arrogant Brady is. After every losing Belichick postgame presser, the best show on TV, where Belichick is an absolute dick to local media, it's Brady that cleans up the shit, comes out, answers every question courteously.

Don't get me wrong. Every Sunday for the past 15 years at least, I root for Tom Brady to break his fuckin' leg. I proudly wear Father George's Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt. But, that's a sign of respect.
Last edited by swissvale72 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:23 am

8-)
CORE-TEN wrote:
Jobu wrote:

blu

Post by blu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40 am

I stand uncorrected. Lynch & Backer - you both deserve each other.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am

PennyBacker wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 am
Kabong - The societal elite first century Jew was out for the betterment of their own kind. Based upon their status in society today, they were highly successful. Not unlike Brady, Jews can always be found at the top of the stack in anything and everything. There is no such thing as an average Jew, they are all exceptional. This is a football forum though, not a space to teach world history.

Good for you, blu. I was top goal scorer in the league a handful of times while playing youth soccer. Probably could have punched my ticket, but high school football was way cooler, so I chose the tackle football route.
Even if your gibberish were unconditionally and categorically true, the choice of analogy is absurd. A normal person would say Brady always ends up on top bc he is exceptional. Only a troll or moron decides gratuitously to analogize Brady with an entire ethnic group…thanks for putting an unrealistic sex scene in the movie that was totally unnecessary given the plot and poorly acted to boot. Changing the channel now. :roll:
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:26 pm

He must write for HBO.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

PennyBacker

Post by PennyBacker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Half Wit, here is the general audiences, cliff notes version for you: arrogant entitlement can be a powerful ideal.

A personality who calls themself Professor Half Wit. That's like that rapper who called himself Ol' Dirty Bastard. Clearly there is no insulting you. :P

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:04 pm

PennyBacker wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 pm
Half Wit, here is the general audiences, cliff notes version for you: arrogant entitlement can be a powerful ideal.

A personality who calls themself Professor Half Wit. That's like that rapper who called himself Ol' Dirty Bastard. Clearly there is no insulting you. :P
Swiss, one of my all time favorite posters, gave me this nickname and I decided to use it as my handle, when the board moved, out of endearment.

I understood what you were saying. That's obvious from the response I gave. Hence your present rejoinder shows you either missed the point of mine, which was clear, which paves the way for another inference you may or may not make should you reach the threshold of self-reflection, or that you simply chose to ignore it.

Neeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxt.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Steel Bingo

Post by Steel Bingo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Swiss' post about some of Brady's off behavior patterns is giving me feelings of Stockholm. It could be that Brady is not completely one of the bad guys.

He and AB are similar characters in their entitlements as great athletes, but time on that platform has one out of the league and the other considering any option he wants.
Carolina:
5.141 Matt Lee, C, Miami

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:49 pm

blu wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40 am
Lynch wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:43 am
PennyBacker wrote:
Kabong - The societal elite first century Jew was out for the betterment of their own kind. Based upon their status in society today, they were highly successful. Not unlike Brady, Jews can always be found at the top of the stack in anything and everything. There is no such thing as an average Jew, they are all exceptional. This is a football forum though, not a space to teach world history.

Good for you, blu. I was top goal scorer in the league a handful of times while playing youth soccer. Probably could have punched my ticket, but high school football was way cooler, so I chose the tackle football route.
Don't waste your breath. I've been telling these numbskulls this very thing for eons. They either can't comprehend, or won't take the time to read a few different accounts of history.
I stand uncorrected. Lynch & Backer - you both deserve each other. Perhaps, you two can meet burning crosses on a neighbor's lawn with your heads covered in white hoods.
First it was Tomlin's relatives on here (either his wife or brother)
Now we have 2 clearly racist people OR Lynch = Pennybacker

I'm not sure what is worse...

Lynch

Post by Lynch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:37 pm

What if I were to tell you that I'm related to Tomlin?

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 pm

The ignore button is awesome.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:40 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am
PennyBacker wrote:

Even if your gibberish were unconditionally and categorically true, the choice of analogy is absurd. A normal person would say Brady always ends up on top bc he is exceptional. Only a troll or moron decides gratuitously to analogize Brady with an entire ethnic group…thanks for putting an unrealistic sex scene in the movie that was totally unnecessary given the plot and poorly acted to boot. Changing the channel now. :roll:
Jeopardy Answer:
Pennybacker & Lynch
Jeopardy Question?
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic