Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
blu

Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

Post by blu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm

If he agrees to go for counseling, I would take him back.

Post by 955876 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Translation: my accountants and financial advisors have told me I’ll run out of money in X amount of time if biznuss don’t start boomin again.

He will be sorry until he starts getting paid then it will be back to being the same cocksucker he’s been.

IF he is truly contrite however I suppose I’d have him back too. We welcomed Vick and what he did to those poor dogs was about as despicable as it gets.

Although it’d be real he’d to trust AB wouldnt let us down again
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Are you kidding me? He couldn't even make it through that interview without trashing JuJu and Ben. There's no way anyone in that locker room wants him back.

I'd give it about 80% chance AB never plays in the NFL again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm

1 year deal at vet mnimum with incentives for behavior and production. Offer it to both Martavis & AB. Whichever takes it first gets the deal.

I would do that.
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

SOCALSTEEL

Post by SOCALSTEEL » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:43 pm

AB apologizes to #7

“Mostly you a little bit of me !” The post read. “Yee yee!! I never realized how good I had it, got caught up in my emotion with everyone coming after me I really apologize for my actions sincerely man! It’s never been another connection like what we done in the past decade. I appreciate you. Sincerely AB.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8eEUdPh-gB ... fy08yijth0

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Sometimes people go off the deep end. Sometimes it's celebrities and sometimes it's normal folks. Impossible to tell whether this is sincere or not, but I'm hoping it is. AB was a Steelers legend before this shit show began.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm
1 year deal at vet mnimum with incentives for behavior and production. Offer it to both Martavis & AB. Whichever takes it first gets the deal.

I would do that.
Sign me up.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:02 pm

I'd honestly prefer he does a stint in the XFL first, proves he can go a stretch of games functioning within a team concept and a locker room without creating a mess, stay incident-free of the field and humble himself a little in an environment with zero consequences for the 2020-21 Pittsburgh Steelers before I'd even entertain the prospect of a cuttable, one-year, incentive-laden deal. Our team hanging together through adversity last season was one of the few things that kept us at 8-8; and that's the room. Brown is just too toxic to just sign up at this point.

Also, anyone want to lay odds on him being able to do any of the aforementioned, much less all?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Donnie Brasco

Post by Donnie Brasco » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:12 pm

Oh well since he apologized we should just reinstate him immediately! No hard feelings bro!

Seriously this dude needs to have his phone taken away because next week he'll say how Ben likes little girls or some shit
AB can eat a dick for quitting on his team in the last week of the season. A game they needed to win. Get fucked sideways

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Last I heard, there's only like 2 or 3 teams rumored to have any interest in him at all. I think that's after he kind of took a shit on the opportunity NO gave him.

You have to look at the NO fiasco and realize AB has absolutely no hope of turning things around without a lot of counseling (and possibly meds). He didn't suddenly now, after almost a year, flip a switch and become sincere in wanting to come back to PIT and be a good teammate.

Give it a few days. He'll act out again when no one with the Steelers responds to his overtures. Be like "I'm trying to mend fences and they give me no respect or love back...fuck 'em".

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:30 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I would do that.
Very tempting, if you’re just looking at talent. But sadly, we‘re not JUST looking at talent.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:13 pm
Last I heard, there's only like 2 or 3 teams rumored to have any interest in him at all. I think that's after he kind of took a shit on the opportunity NO gave him.

You have to look at the NO fiasco and realize AB has absolutely no hope of turning things around without a lot of counseling (and possibly meds). He didn't suddenly now, after almost a year, flip a switch and become sincere in wanting to come back to PIT and be a good teammate.

Give it a few days. He'll act out again when no one with the Steelers responds to his overtures. Be like "I'm trying to mend fences and they give me no respect or love back...fuck 'em".
He reaches out and Ben still does not invite him to his home for dinner. :mrgreen:
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I would do that.
I honestly don’t remember; what in the hell is Bryant doing now? Is he still on the commissioners list so that he’s not eligible?
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Well if we're dreaming then I say load up on weapons for Ben's big return.
Bring back BOTH AB and MB.
What's the worst that could happen?
Miss the playoffs?
Again.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:07 pm

jebrick wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 pm

He reaches out and Ben still does not invite him to his home for dinner. :mrgreen:
Geez. What a ingrate, that BR guy. 8-)

But yeah. He's burning through money with all his lawyer fees. He thought he could be a dick and get released from the steelers, and knew no way I hell they'd deal him to the pats. So he found a different route, and fucked the raiders as well. When he finally landed on the pats, he thought he'd gotten away with almost anything, and his talent and work ethic was supposed to be the ace in the hole. Too bad Kraft didn't feel the same way. He miscalculated. Good at football, sucks at life.

Not only did he screw over three teams directly, but the entire NFL with his sideshow. I wonder if he really showed remorse for the locker room video feed stroking his hair. Turned around right after and acted like a dick anyway.

He can go eat a bag of dicks.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:37 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I would do that.
Me too.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm

No to both. Great fucking talents. Five cent heads. AB especially needs professional fucking help.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm

I’d sign this sick mother fucker up right now, wear his jersey and cheer like hell for him. It’s football, not choir. I care not that he is a raging asshole and dysfunctional human being. I care that he gets open, catches football and scores touchdowns. #callgod #boomin
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm

I bet Ben reaches out to him.

When you are at the top like AB was, it is a long fall to the bottom. If he is not on drugs he is at the bottom.

If he has a substance abuse issue, I suspect there is further to fall.

Falling from the top changes a man.

Pay him a $100,000 per catch. I’d sign him. It would be a remarkable story. I’d pay to watch the real life movie in the stadium, and I’d pay to see the Hollywood version too.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:19 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm
I’d sign this sick mother fucker up right now, wear his jersey and cheer like hell for him. It’s football, not choir. I care not that he is a raging asshole and dysfunctional human being. I care that he gets open, catches football and scores touchdowns. #callgod #boomin
Nobody said it was a choir. But the locker room is someplace that cannot be disrupted, no matter the talent on the field. A raging dysfunctional asshole can fuck up the dynamic, and that's exactly what happened. Thus, he was ejected. No guarantee he won't revert. He has already for his entire career. It's not like he's gonna turn over a new leaf.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Pay him a $100,000 per catch. I’d sign him. It would be a remarkable story. I’d pay to watch the real life movie in the stadium, and I’d pay to see the Hollywood version too.
I don't think you could give the guy incentives linked to numbers. Not sure how you structure a contract that works, but the guy threw fits about not enough targets when he WASN'T paid per catch.

Vet min deal, with weekly roster bonuses for starters. Maybe additional bonuses for each team win. Not sure what else you could do.

But I'm of the opinion that the team kind of gelled last year, and kind of turned a corner in terms of having guys that truly only care about winning. I'm not sure how you'd mix an Antonio Brown back into that.

blu

Post by blu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Perhaps, I'm biased with my Brown 84 jersey still in the closet & my hope to rehabilitate it. But if Antonio Brown could show that he is contrite & agrees to weekly counseling, his talent is worth it.

StillMadAtSlobber

Post by StillMadAtSlobber » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:12 pm

blu wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm
If he agrees to go for counseling, I would take him back.
Would you take Typhoid Mary back if she cooked you a free meal?
Mike Tomlin: Bringing mediocrity to the 'Burgh for over a decade.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 pm
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm
I don't think you could give the guy incentives linked to numbers. Not sure how you structure a contract that works, but the guy threw fits about not enough targets when he WASN'T paid per catch.

Vet min deal, with weekly roster bonuses for starters. Maybe additional bonuses for each team win. Not sure what else you could do.

But I'm of the opinion that the team kind of gelled last year, and kind of turned a corner in terms of having guys that truly only care about winning. I'm not sure how you'd mix an Antonio Brown back into that.
Laughed at your post. Dead on. Giving him $100k per catch would create an absolute raving lunatic, finally creating the first athlete you might suspect to do The Last Boy Scout scene with the gun.

I don’t know if the team gelled. They just got a huge boost of bonafide talent on D. It got pretty rough offensively. There is no way they could be worse than last year offensively even with a brawling AB and Ben.

Controversy and drama sharpens steel!

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Relatively rare good point made on one of the talking heads shows today after work: Tomlin, players and the organization got dragged through shit for months because of this guy (after having won exactly how many Super Bowls?), and have at least in large part come out the other side. What, exactly, is their incentive, personally, professionally, whatever, to wade back into that puddle of shit?

Post by 955876 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm
No to both. Great fucking talents. Five cent heads. AB especially needs professional fucking help.
Better to have good head and no talent starting at WR like Switz...

Post by 955876 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 pm

What, exactly, is their incentive, personally, professionally, whatever, to wade back into that puddle of shit?
Maybe the fact their current “#1” JuJu spent the year looking like a mediocre 3 as a result of not having somebody pulling coverage off him.

I don’t trust Washington either at this point.

I’m not saying I’ve come around yet to say we should bring back AB but we do need to add a WR and have limited draft capital.

If Ben is anywhere close to being healthy we need to be in win now mode.

Path of least resistance to accomplish that for me.

Post by 955876 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:44 pm

blu wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:03 pm
Perhaps, I'm biased with my Brown 84 jersey still in the closet & my hope to rehabilitate it. But if Antonio Brown could show that he is contrite & agrees to weekly counseling, his talent is worth it.
Ha. I talked my son into burning his before the season last year.

Word of advice, you don’t want to get caught in a fire wearing one of those. That thing melted into a bubbly puddle of hot thick tar.

Could only imagine that shit sticking to flesh.

Kind of like napalm.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 pm
Relatively rare good point made on one of the talking heads shows today after work: Tomlin, players and the organization got dragged through shit for months because of this guy (after having won exactly how many Super Bowls?), and have at least in large part come out the other side. What, exactly, is their incentive, personally, professionally, whatever, to wade back into that puddle of shit?
Exactly. AB is in desperation mode. No matter what he says and does, Tomlin and the locker room isn’t welcoming him back. The team has moved on...maybe the fanboys should too.

And :lol: :lol: :lol: at the notion that AB is signing a vet minimum contract.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Ice

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:27 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 pm
What, exactly, is their incentive, personally, professionally, whatever, to wade back into that puddle of shit?
Maybe the fact their current “#1” JuJu spent the year looking like a mediocre 3 as a result of not having somebody pulling coverage off him.

I don’t trust Washington either at this point.

I’m not saying I’ve come around yet to say we should bring back AB but we do need to add a WR and have limited draft capital.

If Ben is anywhere close to being healthy we need to be in win now mode.

Path of least resistance to accomplish that for me.
It's easy for a WR look mediocre while battling injury all season, having his extremely well-loved position coach pass suddenly on the eve of the regular season, with the Liberty Bibberty guy and somebody named Duck throwing to you and the Sphincter designing your offense. I'll give Juju a mulligan, while pointing out that we had the same record with Juju, Bibberty and Duck as we did the season before with AB in the fold.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic