Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
BethlehemSteel

Re: Antonio Brown Apologizes To The Steelers

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 am

GTFO Brown

Full stop

"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:13 am

Who you asshats kidding??? He comes back, catch a couple TDs, you fuckers will be all in.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:13 am

Thank you for your apology, AB. No, you may not play for my team again.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:34 am

He is Michelangelo. If he is sorry and can be forgiven, I want to see him paint the Sistene Chapel in a Steeler uniform. We discovered and developed him, and he flourished and did the rest. Got some ailment along the way...hopefully got it out of his system. He is no worse than Dennis Rodman when you look at all his dirty laundry. He was put on this earth to catch footballs. You can’t say that about too many people.

If the sexual assault stuff is real then charge him and put him in jail.

If it is a BS money grab then lets get him signed and ready for Ben’s return. Brown, JuJu and Johnson would be unstoppable. They would elevate the TEs. It would be awesome if Peaches and Herb reunited. It would feel so good.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:31 am

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:34 am
hopefully got it out of his system.
How can we take the chance this is true and he wouldn't destroy the locker room in possibly Ben's second to last season?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

punum123

Post by punum123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:16 am

He’ll ultimately end up somewhere in the league....IMO. Might be a good separate thread...

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm
1 year deal at vet mnimum with incentives for behavior and production. Offer it to both Martavis & AB. Whichever takes it first gets the deal.

I would do that.
Sign me up.
Half witt..........
Love the avatar with Duck and Mason.
Its a "caption this" photo
Duck, body language confirming he is disgusted with his performance and Mason about to say ....
"Shit, he's worse than me!"

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:24 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:13 am
Who you asshats kidding??? He comes back, catch a couple TDs, you fuckers will be all in.
It's a measure of the fact that you're less active in the offseason that this thread got to page two before the Pavlovian response was triggered.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:05 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm
...Mason about to say ....
"Shit, he's worse than me!"
I'd say he's probably thinking "Shit, he MIGHT be worse than me"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:01 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
You truly are insane :D
"If our team doesn't face enough adversity early on in a season, I create it. Nothing builds a team like adversity." ~ Mike Tomlin

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:24 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
If I took acid, I could actually somehow see this fuckstick back in the black and gold!

But again, it would take some serious acid.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
I don't have to like the guys playing for the team. If he did come and catch a bunch of balls that helped us win, I'd be fine with that. What I wouldn't like is if they signed him to big, guaranteed deal because it's not about IF he does some stupid, crazy shit, it's WHEN. Any deal that isn't a small base with a ton of incentives that should include "winning", is just bad business. Bad because the odds are overwhelming in in favor of him screwing up again and bad because the only thing that might make him fly straight for a while is a contract that doesn't pay him unless is does.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm
I don't have to like the guys playing for the team. If he did come and catch a bunch of balls that helped us win, I'd be fine with that.
A lot of people quickly dismissing the negative impact of the circus he brings with him. Even someone of his ability can still be addition by subtraction if he disrupted team chemistry that much.

If 29 other teams don't want him, why in hell should PIT?!?

Ice

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 pm
RemoAZ wrote:
I don't have to like the guys playing for the team. If he did come and catch a bunch of balls that helped us win, I'd be fine with that.
A lot of people quickly dismissing the negative impact of the circus he brings with him. Even someone of his ability can still be addition by subtraction if he disrupted team chemistry that much.

Exactly. Which is why he never "helped us win" ANYTHING of ANY real importance. Fact is, even subtracting a HOF QB from the lineup, we had just as many trips to the pay window as we did the previous year.

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 pm
RemoAZ wrote:

That's why it would have to be a total incentive deal. Money is probably the only thing that would make him at least pretend to be a good teammate. If not, you just kick him to the curb. I don't think it's going to happen. Just saying if it did, you'd be stupid to give him any kind of guaranteed money. I don't think we'd be hurt by sacrificing Holton or Switzer's spot on a gamble. The talent at WR right now is laughable.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:12 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm
That's why it would have to be a total incentive deal.
That's a given.

Coaches/Teams tend to be pretty risk averse, and I don't think PIT is any exception. AB blows up at the wrong time and he could derail a SB season. I don't see any way they're going to roll the dice on that.

4-5 games into the season and you still need WR help, and maybe things aren't going well....THEN you might think about bringing in AB. But if they think they already have a SB team then they aren't signing AB.

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Damn, can actually understand what the guy is saying for the 1st time in a year.

Its like he either got put on meds or stopped doing crack.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 am

K_C_ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:24 pm
swissvale72 wrote:
If I took acid, I could actually somehow see this fuckstick back in the black and gold!

My honest assessment of Antonio Brown:

*Dude is off his fuckin' rocker....there's something seriously wrong with this guy mentally. But...

*I have zero doubt the guy can step on an NFL field tomorrow and be one of the top two or three receivers in the league.

Here's what the Steelers do:

*Sign the fuckin' guy

*Take away his cellphone

*Take away his laptop

*Lock his ass inside Heinz Field; don't let him out until the 2020 season is over.

He'll produce.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 am

8-8 with him (and a HOF QB), 8-8 without him (and Bibberty and Duck). His "production" meant dick in terms of wins. The only stat that matters.

This team drafted him in the 5th round. They have since drafted two receivers who bettered his combined first two years stats in their rookie seasons alone. We got the best years of his career.

Pining for him back makes you sound like a Bungles or Stains fan. Pathetic.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 am
8-8 with him (and a HOF QB), 8-8 without him (and Bibberty and Duck). His "production" meant dick in terms of wins. The only stat that matters.

This team drafted him in the 5th round. They have since drafted two receivers who bettered his combined first two years stats in their rookie seasons alone. We got the best years of his career.

Denying this guys obvious talent and production makes you sound like a fuckin idiot, which, of course, you are!!

BethlehemSteel

Post by BethlehemSteel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 am

His only production left is hitting stones with a hammer in the state pen or his drama filled social media

Guy is done being an NFL asset

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 am

The stupidest theme in this thread is that AB never helped us win anything, therefore he helped us lose.

AB and Ben were able to completely distract the whole fanbase and organization while they took a chainsaw to the body of Troy Polamalu and appeared to saw Troy in half in what was a Penn and Telleresque magic trick of all magic tricks. Ben and AB were the beautiful assistants on stage to distract while the soul of the defense vanished.

The defense was so fucking awful post Troy that we think the combo of AB and Ben never won us dick.

The reality is they kept this team from being awful with all the shitty defenses that were nearly as bad as the offense was last season.

Unfortunately, Ben and AB were gone, when Mike Tomlin finally put the Troy halves back together to have Minkah and the soul of the defense once more rise from the table.

If Ben and AB were back with last year’s defense it would be simply AMAZING! Tombert, Ben and AB should try to make it happen to appease the football gods!

Steelafan77

Post by Steelafan77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:57 am

No! Dude has far too much drama going on in his personal life. it would be a distraction for him and boil over into the team. Thanks for the memories AB and thanks for the apology. Get help..., straighten out your life and if there's time, perhaps....you could make a come back possible.

IMHO, too much to overcome; he won't last. This is just the lull before the real storm arrives...No Thank You.
“I pride myself in creating discomfort for myself and others,” Tomlin said, “I’m fundamentally against comfort.” [3-24-2024]

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 pm

swissvale72 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am
Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 am

Denying this guys obvious talent and production makes you sound like a fuckin idiot, which, of course, you are!!
Hopefully he got your Edible Arrangements delivery today, I won't ask what the theme was, I just ate lunch.

His "production" is Twitter posts and police mug shots, he's never coming back, get over it, you're living in the past, and your lame posts EVERY SINGLE TIME his name comes up make you sound, well, I'm not going to step down to your sort of sad level.

Happy Valentine's to you, Mrs. Swiss, and your Antonio Brown Fathead. Gonna be one crazy Friday night. At least you'll be able to use the HOV lane getting to the restaurant.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 am
The stupidest theme in this thread is that AB never helped us win anything, therefore he helped us lose.

AB and Ben were able to completely distract the whole fanbase and organization while they took a chainsaw to the body of Troy Polamalu and appeared to saw Troy in half in what was a Penn and Telleresque magic trick of all magic tricks. Ben and AB were the beautiful assistants on stage to distract while the soul of the defense vanished.

The defense was so fucking awful post Troy that we think the combo of AB and Ben never won us dick.

The reality is they kept this team from being awful with all the shitty defenses that were nearly as bad as the offense was last season.

Unfortunately, Ben and AB were gone, when Mike Tomlin finally put the Troy halves back together to have Minkah and the soul of the defense once more rise from the table.

If Ben and AB were back with last year’s defense it would be simply AMAZING! Tombert, Ben and AB should try to make it happen to appease the football gods!
ICE.....please read this, as it's clearly aimed at dullards like you.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:36 pm

K_C_ wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Okay, boomer, this was likely aimed at you.

Do you need to reserve a table for three when you take the Fathead with you? Does it affect your "production" when he's not in the room? I'm only referring to your "production" of lousy dinner conversation, obviously.

To add some football talk, Diontae Johnson's rookie "production" was more than your dinner guest's in his first two years combined, and that was accomplished with, shall we say, less than excellent quarterback play.

Players come and go. Time marches on. I guess, after a certain age, that gets depressing and we wish desperately for the past to come back.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 pm

K_C_ wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Classic.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:36 pm
K_C_ wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Okay, boomer, this was likely aimed at you.

Do you need to reserve a table for three when you take the Fathead with you? Does it affect your "production" when he's not in the room? I'm only referring to your "production" of lousy dinner conversation, obviously.

To add some football talk, Diontae Johnson's rookie "production" was more than your dinner guest's in his first two years combined, and that was accomplished with, shall we say, less than excellent quarterback play.

Players come and go. Time marches on. I guess, after a certain age, that gets depressing and we wish desperately for the past to come back.
So....you're making the assumption that Diontae Johnson's production nine years will rival Antonio Brown's. I like Diontae,and I hope the fuck you're onto something with the comparison, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

AB is a crazy fuck, seriously disturbed, but a world class wide receiver. Deny it all you want, use all the false comparisons you want....doesn't make it true.

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm

You're making the assumption that it won't, because you live in the past. It's cool, it's your schtick here, I get it.

Here, however, are the facts. Your Fathead doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. Diontae, Juju, Washington, and likely another pick this year actually do. No amount of weird, obsessive, backwards-looking ranting will change that.

Your dumb prediction that our record would be worse without your dinner guest's "production" also didn't come true, even with the one injury that should have made it a 100% certainty happening in week two.

You wasted a LOT of your time on this coil typing post after post after post on it, and here you are again.

Move on. The world will.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Ice wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm
You're making the assumption that it won't, because you live in the past. It's cool, it's your schtick here, I get it.

Here, however, are the facts. Your Fathead doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. Diontae, Juju, Washington, and likely another pick this year actually do. No amount of weird, obsessive, backwards-looking ranting will change that.

Your dumb prediction that our record would be worse without your dinner guest's "production" also didn't come true, even with the one injury that should have made it a 100% certainty happening in week two.

You wasted a LOT of your time on this coil typing post after post after post on it, and here you are again.

Move on. The world will.
Actually....shit-for-brains....our record WAS worse....dropped from 9-6-1 to 8-8. And guess what.....9-6-1 makes the playoffs this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic